Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 16, 2016 3:45 PM

So MAL, I was surfing around de webz when I came across this image...

Now my own old man doesn't look like this, but my grandfather and some other men of that generation does when it gets hot outside. Anyway, what triggered me were all the comments. Apparently, this is an awful outfit. A lot of people expressed their hatred towards this kind of clothing. And not only kids hated this, in fact most people were grown up legal adults.
I felt like a big question mark, this was unkown to me. To be honest I think this kind of outfit feels nice to wear, and looks much better than what all the swag kids are wearing. But perhaps I'm in the wrong here.

So MAL, what's your opinion on the matter?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

Jul 16, 2016 3:51 PM

This is obviously how children who hate their fathers assume their father dress. Well, I mean, coupled with their opinions of the outfit. My father is a man of class, not some pencil pushing nerd.

To be honest OP, I think it's kinda gross. I don't really like shorts at all, not as much as my disdain for people who were tracksuits in public, but I digress. And a plain white T-shirt? That's just boring. I think the fact that it's tucked in is what gets most kids. But yes, it is much better than the disgusting flat cap + Hoodie combo all the kids are wearing these days.

I guess it's just because I like to dress with some form of style or intricacy. But that's just my opinion on the very subjective world of attire.

That watermark of "@Dabmoms" is worse than the whole image...
Modified by Status_Effect, Jul 16, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 16, 2016 4:02 PM

Status_Effect said:

I guess it's just because I like to dress with some form of style or intricacy. But that's just my opinion on the very subjective world of attire.

Well, I like that, too. But I do only dress with some sort of style if I find it to be suitable. This is used on a casual day, perhaps you are doing some gardening or something.
Most of my (male) friends would wear soccer shorts with a tank top or sweatpants.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

Jul 16, 2016 4:15 PM
... this is not what I expected when I clicked this thread.
Anyhow, nobody around here dresses like that so I don't particularly fancy the outfit. As for kids calling it an awful outfit, they are immature, rebellious brats, frankly it's to be expected that they'd act like that.

Jul 16, 2016 4:40 PM

the outfit just screams "mow the lawn"
it is a very dad-ish thing to wear
but it's also a meme so don't take it too seriously

Jul 16, 2016 4:57 PM

Wearing a belt to keep your shorts above your knee caps isn't hip yo! This is how a real father maintains his attire mane!

Based and Flochpilled

Jul 16, 2016 5:02 PM

Dimethylanime said:
the outfit just screams "mow the lawn"

After mowing the lawn its time to open the shed.

Jul 16, 2016 5:02 PM

Dimethylanime said:
the outfit just screams
"mow the lawn"

Exactly what I was thinking as well. You sit there on your ride-on mower like Patrick Dempsey did in that high school movie from 1987. It's perfect.

Jul 16, 2016 5:07 PM

Ratohnhaketon said:
Wearing a belt to keep your shorts above your knee caps isn't hip yo! This is how a real father maintains his attire mane!

I would self-die in mental seppuku if I ever saw a man older than 40 dressing like that, using that body language.

Jul 16, 2016 5:36 PM

I expected something worse lol
It isn't something trendy, but at least it doesn't make me want to tear my eyes out, which is more than can be said for some fashionable clothes.

Jul 16, 2016 6:35 PM
it's ugly and it should be banned
jorts are an abomination and they burn my eyes
d eflat c b

Jul 17, 2016 12:18 AM

46 year old dad here. Guilty as charged. Although my teenage child has now convinced me to not tuck my shirts in...

It is just simply how we dressed as kids.

Back then it was normal. It was just the way people dressed.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.

Jul 17, 2016 12:26 AM

Is it me or is that shirt too big?

Anyway, my dad doesn't dress like that in the weekend at all. His clothes during weekdays are casual enough already (he paves roads) so when it's weekend he puts on his best clothes.

Jul 17, 2016 1:02 AM
My dad generally wears his shirt untucked when around the house, and cargo or sport shorts. Kind of similar to that outfit, but much, much more laid back. However, if he's going somewhere considerably nicer, he does tend to tuck his shirt in.

As for the outfit itself: of course it's not the height of fashion (what would anyone expect from their parents?), but it's quite typical for some older men to tuck their shirts in and wear shorts whose waistlines go above their butts, so honestly, whatever.
Modified by removed-user, Jul 17, 2016 1:07 AM

Jul 17, 2016 4:06 AM

PoruMairu said:
Although my teenage child has now convinced me to not tuck my shirts in...

clandestine said:
However, if he's going somewhere considerably nicer, he does tend to tuck his shirt in.

I didn't know this was still a thing. I see people in my own age and younger who tuck in nowadays, but not when they are wearing a casual t-shirt, but polo shirts or flannel shirts, etc.
I think men should have slim waists. A V-torso is the ideal.

Jul 17, 2016 5:46 PM

Lol @ the internetz assuming everybody is an American as usual
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 17, 2016 5:48 PM

Comic_Sans said:
it's the only country that matters 

Jul 17, 2016 5:51 PM

html said:
Comic_Sans said:
it's the only country that matters 
Lol @ Americans assuming the U.S. is the only country that matters
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 18, 2016 1:01 AM
Lol I mean I won't judge anyone if it makes them happy to wear that...Thats some late 80's 90's fit right there haha.

Jul 18, 2016 3:45 AM

^that looks more like my old man does

Jul 18, 2016 3:56 AM

this sort of outfit is pretty common w/ teenagers who like the hipster/indie/90's retake/whatever it's called style nowadays. though the sneakers are usually subbed in with new balances or vans.

idk i think it's cute on dads, i think it's a cute look on younger people too.
Modified by sutori, Jul 18, 2016 3:59 AM

Jul 18, 2016 3:58 AM

It's just a very practical outfit. Dads don't really care about being cool anymore

Don't struggle honey