Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2016 1:06 PM

May 2010
Okocha119 said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Akane's oppai look pretty unimpressive too :c

To be fair: They increased her bust size for Harvest Festa, I think, which makes sense seeing how it is the fanservice game. No way that's 86, don't lie to me girl. So I guess you could call what the Anime did a faithful adaptation of the original Visual Novel :P

But yeah, the art is impressively unimpressive over all.

Ahaha, that might be true, but these scenes just needed comparison, you know >:D And to be fair, Akane's bust size looks very different on some CGs in both Rewrite and HF - for example it's pretty huge on that image with her and a froggy, I'm sure you know which one :P

TheLittleRedHero said:
I won't be going too much but be grateful that it isn't as rushed compared to the other show that I am clearly watching which is 20x worse... at least in Rewrite its just trimming cute and fluff stuff for me.

Welp, you know, I haven't seen that one, but saying that 'it could be worse' doesn't make this series any better.
Jul 16, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Okocha119 said:

To be fair: They increased her bust size for Harvest Festa, I think, which makes sense seeing how it is the fanservice game. No way that's 86, don't lie to me girl. So I guess you could call what the Anime did a faithful adaptation of the original Visual Novel :P

But yeah, the art is impressively unimpressive over all.

Ahaha, that might be true, but these scenes just needed comparison, you know >:D And to be fair, Akane's bust size looks very different on some CGs in both Rewrite and HF - for example it's pretty huge on that image with her and a froggy, I'm sure you know which one :P

TheLittleRedHero said:
I won't be going too much but be grateful that it isn't as rushed compared to the other show that I am clearly watching which is 20x worse... at least in Rewrite its just trimming cute and fluff stuff for me.

Welp, you know, I haven't seen that one, but saying that 'it could be worse' doesn't make this series any better.

Noooot really saying that it could be better than that but at least its less painful to see. Again, for me they're just cutting cute and fluff which is fine for my end at the very least. That's it.
It doesn't make it better, but its rather less painful. You get what I mean?
Jul 16, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2015
That Akane fanservice.

But yeah, I thought it was a decent episode. The action scene was good and intense, but too bad it was pretty short. Seems like Sakuya and Sougen were introduced as well.

Jul 16, 2016 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
TakeMeInYourArmy said:
This episode was surprisingly good compared to the other two: I liked the last two, but they were riddled with problems. This episode, however, had some interesting examples of subtle directing (which is unusual in comparison to the other episodes so far), along with the many layers of sub-text we have going on in most scenes.

That's a good point. I think the episode was a lot more focused than the first two(which admittedly doesn't say much) but that is a good example of the show kind of anchoring itself a bit.
Jul 16, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2010
TheLittleRedHero said:
Noooot really saying that it could be better than that but at least its less painful to see. Again, for me they're just cutting cute and fluff which is fine for my end at the very least. That's it.

Sure, I'm not saying it's super painful to watch either :P But still pretty weak, yup.

PervertOlympus said:
Too bad still haven't play Rewrite Festa. Waiting for the Translation for Years and still waiting and i guess it will take another Years

Don't worry about that, Rewrite+ will be coming to West after all, sooner or later :D
Jul 16, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Sure, I'm not saying it's super painful to watch either :P But still pretty weak, yup.

PervertOlympus said:
Too bad still haven't play Rewrite Festa. Waiting for the Translation for Years and still waiting and i guess it will take another Years

Don't worry about that, Rewrite+ will be coming to West after all, sooner or later :D

Squee Tfw I can't get Rewrite+ because of the internet connection problems + economic issues. I'll say that at least T^T
Jul 16, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
Okay this continues to be incomprehensible.

In a lot of ways this reminds me of Kyokai no Kanata. Except that one at least had sakuga fights, even if the rest of the show was incomprehensible poorly paced and poorly planned mess. You could just fast-forward to deliciously animated fights even if characters were cringe cliches and nothing in story made any sense. In here, the animation is mediocre at best and filled with QUALITY and outright animation mistakes. And CGI gives Berserk's Horse a run for its money.

Three episodes in and this feels like I am watching some bonus OVA for a show that I never watched. Nothing makes sense, pacing is awful, animation is awful and now everyone suddenly got powers.

Really don't get what the hype was about for this show.

Yeah, dropped. 2/5 for the episode.
Jul 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2016
And like that I'am done with this show

Even if this show does "get better later on" Rewrite so far has done nothing to intrigue me or show any promise in the long run and most of its flaws are still incredibly evident. And even when the main plot starts and stuff gets dramatic and dark, i'll be too blindsided by the stupid bullshit in the earlier episodes to really give a shit.

I might check out the VN in the future to see if it lives up to praise, but judging from this anime I don't have high hopes for it.

And if this show ends up being an massive, adaptation train wreck later on (which it probably will) which even VN readers can't defend, don't say I didn't told you so.
Jul 16, 2016 1:36 PM

Jul 2015
Fai said:
Okay this continues to be incomprehensible.

In a lot of ways this reminds me of Kyokai no Kanata. Except that one at least had sakuga fights, even if the rest of the show was incomprehensible poorly paced and poorly planned mess. You could just fast-forward to deliciously animated fights even if characters were cringe cliches and nothing in story made any sense. In here, the animation is mediocre at best and filled with QUALITY and outright animation mistakes. And CGI gives Berserk's Horse a run for its money.

Three episodes in and this feels like I am watching some bonus OVA for a show that I never watched. Nothing makes sense, pacing is awful, animation is awful and now everyone suddenly got powers.

Really don't get what the hype was about for this show.

Yeah, dropped. 2/5 for the episode.
IDK maybe because they aren't adapting it right? that can be the reason lol, the Source could be good but the anime can have a medicore or bad adaptation, it happens...
Sup...
Jul 16, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
Star- said:
Does this show get any better? Someone who played the game spoil me a little please :P

meh episode overall

Well, I really don't know about the show...

But the story really DOES get better, I promise.

*under construction*
Jul 16, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2010
PervertOlympus said:
so it's a official release?

Yup, it was confirmed some time ago. It might take a while though. LB!'s Steam release was announced 9 months ago and we haven't heard anything about it ever since.
Jul 16, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Schala07 said:
Star- said:
Does this show get any better? Someone who played the game spoil me a little please :P

meh episode overall

Actually

And thats only the basic.
Jul 16, 2016 1:46 PM

Mar 2011
Ok, this is going more interesting ....
No I am joking, wtf did I just watch this was so boring give me back my 24 lost minutes ._.
Jul 16, 2016 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
BlackAkemi said:
And like that I'am done with this show

Even if this show does "get better later on" Rewrite so far has done nothing to intrigue me or show any promise in the long run and most of its flaws are still incredibly evident. And even when the main plot starts and stuff gets dramatic and dark, i'll be too blindsided by the stupid bullshit in the earlier episodes to really give a shit.

I might check out the VN in the future to see if it lives up to praise, but judging from this anime I don't have high hopes for it.

And if this show ends up being an massive, adaptation train wreck later on (which it probably will) which even VN readers can't defend, don't say I didn't told you so.

Not really saying much but since some people do tend to go a bit far with the adaptation, I would actually suggest you to read the Visual Novel if you don't want to watch the anime, in the near future that is.

Btw, I ain't going to judge you for dropping the show since it is rather understandable, since it does have its moments where its probably just too much fluff atm. I guess to say this is more catered towards the fans probably, though the anime onlies can enjoy it as well (depending which individual). Thats all I'm going to say at the end of the day.
Jul 16, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Alright, that's enough of this show. I may check in once this is almost done airing to see if it gets any better but I really can't stand these horrible ("comedy") tropes that this show has. It's not worth sitting through even if the plot becomes good. I really do wish shows would stop or at least balance out using these harem jokes because they really do get in the way.

And speaking of, even if it is early in the show, the plot makes absolutely no sense alongside with the bad pacing.
Jul 16, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
Murasa22 said:
Schala07 said:

Actually

And thats only the basic.

Definitely said it better than I did. 👍👍👍

Bottom line is, the story is really rich, that's why this anime adaptation is really something to look forward to. ❤❤
*under construction*
Jul 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Surprisingly enjoyed this series quite a lot even with so many things that i don't understand, and this episode especially. The action part was pretty interesting, and i hope that the rewrite ability will be explained later as people said. The comedy is not the best thing, but i think this episode it was not that bad. I found the joke about online games really strange.
As for girls like Shizuru the most.
Jul 16, 2016 2:15 PM

Nov 2015
Time to parteeeey!

Now, enjoy your nightmares :D
Jul 16, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
Mascera said:
Could it be that this Sakuya person will be Koutaro's "Romance Rival" for Chihaya?

Huge spoiler, be informed.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 16, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2012
rsc-pl said:
Mascera said:
Could it be that this Sakuya person will be Koutaro's "Romance Rival" for Chihaya?

Jul 16, 2016 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
Art is just as meh as before, and story is still confusing.

Kawaii Shizuru is kawaii! Aaaand finally we got Sakuya, so I can't complain as much as before :3 But still, compared to VN I can hardly call him bishounen in anime, sigh.

Small art comparison:

Was she out of shower in original vn in that scene? I don't think so, 'cause the cg is from HF. Not that it matters.
I don't understand... The anime art style is fine. Of course its not going to be as detailed as single frame CGs...
Jul 16, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
jaxter0987 said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Art is just as meh as before, and story is still confusing.

Kawaii Shizuru is kawaii! Aaaand finally we got Sakuya, so I can't complain as much as before :3 But still, compared to VN I can hardly call him bishounen in anime, sigh.

Small art comparison:

Was she out of shower in original vn in that scene? I don't think so, 'cause the cg is from HF. Not that it matters.
I don't understand... The anime art style is fine. Of course its not going to be as detailed as single frame CGs...

Of course Im not expecting huge detail from this but I have to agree the art is actually fine, or at in the closeups good.
Jul 16, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
I have no clue where the anime is heading at this point. They are basically taking everything that builds up to the individual routes and adds them at the same time...but atleast best bro Sakuya and Esaka got introduced?
Jul 16, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2015
Yeah... I'm going to drop this. Not enjoying this at all.
Jul 16, 2016 3:01 PM

May 2010
jaxter0987 said:

Dodokoce said:
Time to parteeeey!

Yup, perfectly fine xD
Jul 16, 2016 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
jaxter0987 said:

Dodokoce said:
Time to parteeeey!

Yup, perfectly fine xD

Uh, that's far frames.
Jul 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
Memor said:
I'm having trouble understanding where this is leading, it seems to be a little stuck at the moment.

They are still moving along the common route, although they seem to be putting a bit more focus towards the super natural elements. As a VN reader, I can see where they are going, and they should explain some of the things they have shown later on. A few things were changed compared to the VN, but that is not really an issue as they are still able to work with what they have.
Jul 16, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2012
Memor said:
I'm having trouble understanding where this is leading, it seems to be a little stuck at the moment.
That's more or less how we all felt reading the VN at this point. And it likely won't be till ep 7 that you really get a glimpse of the bigger picture. But all the hints and legwork are mostly there so it should be worth it, the question is whether it will be executed well enough to have an impact.
Jul 16, 2016 3:18 PM

May 2010
TheLittleRedHero said:
Uh, that's far frames.

Well then, here we go, from the previous episode:
Jul 16, 2016 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
TheLittleRedHero said:
Uh, that's far frames.

The first picture is more likely just animation error.
The second picture is rather justified though, of course for me it doesn't look that bad, except for the hand.
Jul 16, 2016 3:31 PM

Jul 2007
TheLittleRedHero said:
its moments where its probably just too much fluff atm.

Fluf fis least of this show's problems.

The awkward and awful directing, poor animation quality full of mistakes, utterly generic characters and completely awful plot that goes nowhere(and jumps around due to shitty pacing). That's what this show's problems are.

TheLittleRedHero said:
Kitsu-nee said:

The second picture is rather justified though, of course for me it doesn't look that bad, except for the hand.

What even are the body proportions.
Jul 16, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
The awkward and awful directing, poor animation quality full of mistakes, utterly generic characters and completely awful plot that goes nowhere(and jumps around due to shitty pacing). That's what this show's problems are.

Dude, haven't you dropped the show already? what are you even doing here? I think you're hidding from us that you secretly like this show lol

Also the plot unfolds only later, same as the VN. Misteries are not supposed to be solved right away am i right? And the characters are not generic...
Jul 16, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
To be honest, I still had no idea what's going on so far.
I guess it must be me or this series just suck and not my cup of tea.
One more episode...
Jul 16, 2016 3:51 PM

Oct 2014
I'm going to be honest: Grisaia smelled the same back then when its episode 3 first aired.
And I can understand why non-VN readers are confused. Rewrite is much more complex than other KEY works. (mainly because of Tanaka Romeo, a completely different writer than Maeda.)

Let's hope "the 6th route" actually does something.
Revvie-chanJul 16, 2016 3:55 PM
Jul 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2013
hlubkoj2020 said:
To be honest, I still had no idea what's going on so far.
I guess it must be me or this series just suck and not my cup of tea.
One more episode...

I'm sorry but the plot is not going to unfold in the next episode.

Probably around episode 6 or 7.
Jul 16, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
Memor said:
AlexTheRiot said:
That's more or less how we all felt reading the VN at this point. And it likely won't be till ep 7 that you really get a glimpse of the bigger picture. But all the hints and legwork are mostly there so it should be worth it, the question is whether it will be executed well enough to have an impact.

So it'll be like this ep 'till episode 7? Seems a little far off considering this is 13 episodes but hopefully it'll be worth it. I've been enjoying so far but it feels slow right now and I'm excited for when it picks up. Thanks for giving me hope haha.

That's what we're speculating, yes. It's still in it's world building stages.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 16, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2012
Memor said:
AlexTheRiot said:

So it'll be like this ep 'till episode 7? Seems a little far off considering this is 13 episodes but hopefully it'll be worth it. I've been enjoying so far but it feels slow right now and I'm excited for when it picks up. Thanks for giving me hope haha.

Not quite. Shit'll probably hit the fan at episode 7, but as it goes on I expect it to start building up more and more stuff for episode 7 (and then the rest of the show onwards). Things start getting more and more interesting as it gets closer to the inciting incident of the story.
Jul 16, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2010
Okay mai boi sakuya is here. The anime is bad, I'm not gonna lie, but I'm still enjoying it for the characters I like.
Jul 16, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2013
So far I'm still enjoying this show but I can understand why anime only people might not be enjoying it so far.

Cool to see Kotarou's rewrite powers in action. Hope he actually gets to fight in this anime.

Sakuya and Eska got introduced! Yes! So happy to see them.

I was surprised that Midou got introduced in this anime. I'm curious with what role he is going to play.

Akane continues being best girl
Jul 16, 2016 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
Another enjoyable episode. It's actually one of those VN adaptations that makes me want to play the source just to appreciate it even more than I already do just by watching it. But laziness sucks. Anywho, looking forward to the next episode. Chuuni behavior and oppai for the win
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 16, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, could do without as much supernatural stuff.
Jul 16, 2016 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
TheLittleRedHero said:
its moments where its probably just too much fluff atm.

Fluf fis least of this show's problems.

TheLittleRedHero said:

What even are the body proportions.

Did I even talked to you for a second? No. I didn't.
I'm just saying that the anime is condensing, and I wouldn't see much of a problem in here imo.

And the VN already had pacing issues to begin with in the first 20 hours in the common route, again, hence why it is condensing and its going to trim down the cute and fluff, since I am sure hell know that 20 hours worth of SoL would fit into 13 episodes.

The animation seems fine but I personally think that can be fixed tidy bit by bit, it is doing so this week of course. Imo.

Uh... I can't deny that at the beginning the characters were archetypes, buuut... as the days passed by I started to like them, hence, their respective routes develops them as characters. Of course, what can I say with only 3 episodes? Or what can I say of course in terms of how it can go? I can't tell shit about what would happen but at least I can point out somethings for the moment being, of course I can be proven wrong in the end so.

And again, this is even slower in the Visual Novel, so I guess to say the least the problem with this is that it doesn't fit due to also trimming the inner monologue.

In the end what can I say? I'm no fortune teller but at least I can give a thought here and my perspective on things rather than staying silent.
Jul 16, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2016
It's entertaining, but it isn't very innovative.
Jul 16, 2016 5:36 PM
Nov 2015
Really wish 8-bit stops putting CG students in the foreground.
Watching the first episode, I thought they relied too much on CG students but I passed it off as a drawback for a double-length episode. The second episode seemed to pull away from it a bit but now it's back to having awkward walk cycles in the front.
Jul 16, 2016 6:26 PM

Nov 2015
Those Lucia rapid punches XD
Jul 16, 2016 7:15 PM
Nov 2015
Everybody here is talking about Lucia, but I can't be the only one who stared at the occult prez's chest for the first 5 minutes, right?
Jul 16, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
I hope these 13 episodes are just the common route. I really feel like they're still building off character development. Some of the scenes are pretty mixed up and the scenes are kinda triggered differently here... Did Midou really appear that early in the VN? O.o I really need to replay lol.
Jul 16, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed this episode! The comedy in the first half was very nice and I enjoyed the action in the second half. I hope they explain the rewrite ability eventually though. Seriously, why are people complaining about the pace and art? I'm an anime-only watcher and everything seems fine.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 16, 2016 7:52 PM
Dec 2014
TKotarou said:
I hope these 13 episodes are just the common route. I really feel like they're still building off character development. Some of the scenes are pretty mixed up and the scenes are kinda triggered differently here... Did Midou really appear that early in the VN? O.o I really need to replay lol.

The one who appeared really early wasn't midou but two other summoners, they deleted this scene where kotarou goes to buy a camera, maybe they're going to show it next episode...I think it's better if they rearrange that scene for the "youknowwhat" actions
Jul 16, 2016 7:54 PM

Dec 2012
zaidk said:
TKotarou said:

The one who appeared really early wasn't midou but two other summoners, they deleted this scene where kotarou goes to buy a camera, maybe they're going to show it next episode...I think it's better if they rearrange that scene for the "youknowwhat" actions
I know about that lol. But Kotarou didn't buy the camera and get rescued by Esaka back then. He was rescued by Imamiya lol. Did the "darkness" happen twice though?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.