Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2016 5:02 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wait? What?! Anna was a trap?!
My mind is literally blown now...
Aug 19, 2018 8:22 AM

May 2012
This certainly is hole lot different than the TV series, this whole part wasn't even mentioned or included! Quite impressive if you ask me. Looking forwards to see what's next.

Anna being a man was quite a different character development that certainly wasn't present in the TV adaptation, found that a bit weird to be honest!
RafaelDeJonghAug 19, 2018 8:26 AM
Nov 3, 2018 7:04 PM

Mar 2015
hahahah I quite enjoyed this ova ep!!
so differente from the TV adaptation, kept the tension very well, and love this knew Anna too xD.
I think both have different strengths and some in common.
Mar 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Sep 2018
Hopefully Anna does come back but I'm afraid it's probably just a cheap way to write her out of the anime. Anime of this time period was not very kind in how it treated trans characters.

Actually I'm quite glad that I knew in advance about what happened in this episode due to accidentally clicking on this thread beforehand or else I would have been pretty upset, because, maybe I'm wrong but, it seems like a write out excuse to me.
KristiwazhereMar 10, 2019 2:10 PM
May 31, 2019 6:05 AM
Aug 2010
kandi_gloss said:
Hopefully Anna does come back but I'm afraid it's probably just a cheap way to write her out of the anime. Anime of this time period was not very kind in how it treated trans characters.

Actually I'm quite glad that I knew in advance about what happened in this episode due to accidentally clicking on this thread beforehand or else I would have been pretty upset, because, maybe I'm wrong but, it seems like a write out excuse to me.

I mean, he's a boy with zero gender dysphoria who's 100% fine being a feminine boy, and it was his mother who tried to make him trans. If he remained as-is that would've hardly been positive transgender representation.
Jan 23, 2020 9:07 AM

Aug 2009
Pretty stupid "plot twist" if you ask me. No medical examination in SPORTS university? TV was much-much better anyway. Watch TV first.
WizarD-XMar 2, 2020 4:46 PM
Pupupupu~
Feb 22, 2020 10:34 PM

Sep 2018
busterbeam said:
kandi_gloss said:

I mean, he's a boy with zero gender dysphoria who's 100% fine being a feminine boy, and it was his mother who tried to make him trans. If he remained as-is that would've hardly been positive transgender representation.

yeah, I guess that's true.

Though now that I think of it more, I believe the thing I was disappointed/upset over at the time was more the habit of anime from this time period to use "oh, they are really a boy/girl" as a convenient way to write a character out or diminish their role in the story, which is offensive in it's own way.
KristiwazhereFeb 23, 2020 2:01 PM
Aug 17, 2023 3:51 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
What the ? Why the story take a very dramatic change, Anna is a boy !? I completely lost my word for this

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai Episode 5 Discussion

mozgow - Jul 15, 2016

5 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 17, 2023 4:21 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletes OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Hatul - Aug 14, 2013

8 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 28, 2020 2:38 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai Episode 6 Discussion

mozgow - Jul 15, 2016

5 by nidoqueen106 »»
Jan 14, 2020 7:33 AM

» Why two different adaptations of the same manga by the same team with the same producers and made around the same time?

Kristiwazhere - Mar 5, 2019

1 by busterbeam »»
May 31, 2019 6:11 AM

Poll: » Battle Athletess Daiundoukai Episode 4 Discussion

mozgow - Jul 15, 2016

3 by busterbeam »»
May 31, 2019 6:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.