Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2011
Favorite show of the season so far! Fantastic episode. That cliffhanger....
And TK delivers another fantastic song!!
Jul 15, 2016 3:13 PM

Sep 2013
To be fair, this episode was DOPE.

Then again, hope the main character will keep being cool and don't turn into a psycopath (he already showed us the "psychopath" smile, but sometimes it's just a smile, really... that's what I wish).
Jul 15, 2016 3:17 PM
Sep 2015
Can't believe I almost dismissed this anime as another baseless mafia story with shounen ai undertones, this has exceeded all my expectations so far! It's dark, it's atmospheric and best of all has a capable and intriguing mc for once! Hope they can keep up the same level of quality for the rest of the series because it would be a real waste if this turns out to be another flop.
Regarding the cliffhanger, I don't believe for one second that the Vanetti guy is still alive, maybe someone from the Lagusa family is involved, this episode hints that they are the ones to call the shots in the city.
Jul 15, 2016 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
i dont think Vanno is dead, earlier in the episode when Avilo took on the mission he asked him if he killed someone before then he answered no... Vanno was remembering his first time (which maybe its when he killed Luce and his mom ) but he suddenly stopped talking maybe he figured out his true identity or had doubt about him.. so he made a scenario to make him bring the others so they can all confront him which also clarify why the corpse was missing

anyway i'm so excited for the next episode and the op is awesome its on repeat since yesterday lol, you can find the longer version (pv) on TK's official YT channel check it out guys!
Jul 15, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
Holy shit I lol'd at the ling to shigure OP.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 15, 2016 3:59 PM

Jul 2011
Woot! Definitely smarter, darker, and grittier than I imagined!
MC is smart, but everyone else is too. And he doesn't have the experience to match. That's fantastic!

I like the fact that I have to really pay attention to know what's going on, especially with all the characters. But that DOUBLE TWIST and cliffhanger really caught me off guard. I literally yelped in surprise. Holy shit! Did Vanno realize he was Angelo and set a trap!?

The OP is pretty good, but I wish they went with something more jazzy like the ED.
Jul 15, 2016 4:00 PM

May 2008
I love how they portray his targets, as somewhat likable guys, who in the end will have to die (or not, dunno what kinda twists this show will have ;D)

Jul 15, 2016 4:03 PM
Dec 2014
Was I the only one who thought the wedding music sounded like "pop goes the weasel"?
Jul 15, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Was almost disappointed with Avilo when he fucked up his first kill with Fango, so I'm glad he quickly made up for it by killing Vanno...although he might have bit off more than he could chew thanks to that cliffhanger.

Didn't expect Fango to have such hobbies at all o_0

Best OP of the season confirmed. I expected nothing less from TK.
Jul 15, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
Now that was something. The first scene with Vanno's friend dying set the mood nicely, then we learnt more about where the Orco and Vanetti's families stand in terms of power which was interesting. When Nero's plan to become buddies with the vanetti's family just to kill them off one by one became clear, he seems to have been outplayed already.
Neat stuff so far, hopefully it remains this good because this got real potential.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 15, 2016 5:08 PM

Feb 2015
What a great episode, this anime is getting better.
Jul 15, 2016 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
Tk opening

Also, damn fango really likes it rough lol

Pretty good ending.

Edit: Oh shit there was a scene after the ending song o.o
GokuJul 15, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 15, 2016 5:13 PM

Aug 2013
Episode 2 did not go how I expected it, he's kicking off his revenge a lot quicker than I thought. Can't wait for next week.

Though I'm kinda sad Vanno was one of his targets, I really liked him. Angelo's gonna be after Nero, too, who I also like. I was hoping it'd just be the dad and some other goons.
Jul 15, 2016 5:42 PM
Aug 2011
lol'd at Fango
he came off as generic in episode 1 but now I see that he's just af ahaha

I didn't expect Angelo to act this quickly... but then that post-credit scene and now I can't predict what will happen with all of this.

We'll be doing good if it keeps up like this.
Jul 15, 2016 5:43 PM

May 2013
Fantastic, fantastic. Absolutely adored this episode, might be my favorite episode of the season so far. Great atmosphere, sharp dialogue, and engaging characters. I'm impressed by how much they humanized the killers of Angelo's family, complicating the situation so that it isn't just him seeking revenge against one-dimensional evil monsters. That alone elevates the storytelling here beyond most of the anime currently airing. This has so much potential, hoping it continues delivering on it.

Also, the OP is amazing. Actually got me hyped before I even watched most of the episode.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jul 15, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
Already perfect!

First, the OP is emo and it's suitable, fitting the conflict within the families and Avilio's goal.

Then we have everything within a mafia drama. Friend revenge, bullcrap family alliances that's questioned, kink (WE GOT KINK! Not Game of Thrones but we got kink!), emphasis on selling booze, family war, Avilio's decision making and interacting with Vanno...

Thought they were going to shoot up the wedding...

and then that cliffhanger. Crap! Now what?

What did the Don say, "Don't rush ahead? Or you'll trip." OTTO!

Speaking of Vinciente, looks like his health is bad. Maybe he'll die anyway but not by Avilio's hand? Maybe even the Orca.

The scene with Serpente
shakeyourpup45Jul 15, 2016 6:00 PM
Jul 15, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
Most unfitting OP of the season right there, don't like it at all.
Jul 15, 2016 6:15 PM
Jul 2016
The OP sucks and does not fit to the show at all, Otherwise this was a great episode.
Jul 15, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2015
That was a beast OP song, also the episode was even better than the first one, hope it keeps this quality
Sup...
Jul 15, 2016 6:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh man, oh man, oh man, OH MAN
THAT WAS AWESOME, I WANT MORE

PS: whats up with the people who thinks the OP is unfitting ? i think it fits pretty damn good with the anime.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 15, 2016 6:30 PM
Nov 2015
Pretty awesome episode here. The ending was a little 'meh' because even though it was a nice twist the revenge thing is so old.

Fango being a masochist somehow didn't surprise me 乁( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ㄏ
Jul 15, 2016 7:28 PM

Oct 2014
Kind of meh animation, had higher expectations since they made baccano. The Fango gunfight looked pretty awkward (missing shots from point-blank, but that was the point probably because it looks like the mc isn't looking to kill anyone else than the killers of his family). Op fluidity and song were great though. Many references to godfather series but this doesn't make the anime any better for me, kind of feels cheap tbh.

Ending also caught me off guard.

Ok episode.
KurtsiJul 15, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 15, 2016 7:46 PM

Dec 2014
Oh shit son is all I can say about the episode.

Also, their names are impossible to memorize for me haha.
I need sleep.
Jul 15, 2016 7:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kurtsi said:
Kind of meh animation, had higher expectations since they made baccano.

nope, they didnt made baccano.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 15, 2016 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
Kurtsi said:
Kind of meh animation, had higher expectations since they made baccano. The Fango gunfight looked pretty awkward (missing shots from point-blank, but that was the point probably because it looks like the mc isn't looking to kill anyone else than the killers of his family). Op fluidity and song were great though. Many references to godfather series but this doesn't make the anime any better for me, kind of feels cheap tbh.

Ok episode.

xD Baccano was made by Brains Base from what I remember.
Jul 15, 2016 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty amazing episode xD

I personally thought they could have left more to it but this was pretty fine and dandy.

Fango is a fucking piece of shit right now Lel, at the same time the animation got better than before, at the same time it was pretty unexpected for Avilio to do that shit. Now that I think about it, Corteo got a pretty fucked up reaction so it was rather subtle af about it. In some way.
Jul 15, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
Any news on how many episodes this will get? I really hope for 2-cours.
Jul 15, 2016 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
WOW great episode. OP song is really good. All that gun fire. ED song is real chill.
Vanno is such a cool character. Poor Tronco.
Ronaldo going to be a real jerk now he's joined the family.

Fango is a massive masochist. Just managing to escape. What a jerk for using that woman as a shield.

Vanno getting some revenge, but that ending was unexpected.
Avilio shooting Vanno. The revenge has began.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 15, 2016 8:13 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 15, 2016 8:15 PM

Oct 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Kurtsi said:
Kind of meh animation, had higher expectations since they made baccano.

TheLittleRedHero said:
Kurtsi said:

Ok episode.

Well I'll be damned I thought shuka was formed by the people who previously worked at brain's base. If not that then I don't know how they got the baccano art style so well.
Jul 15, 2016 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Kurtsi said:
DatRandomDude said:

TheLittleRedHero said:

Well I'll be dammed I thought shuka was formed by the people who previously worked at brain's base. If not that then I don't know how they got the baccano art style so well.

You aren't wrong on that one, it was a studio formed by the previous people that worked on Brain's Base, at least as far as I'm concerned in the entire staff department, but I don't think animator wise would be Baccano, but I'll check for a moment.

Edit: http://myanimelist.net/people/10312/Ogura_Hiromasa Here you go and no, he didn't worked on Baccano's animation.
Jul 15, 2016 8:24 PM

Dec 2014
That was a good episode. Liked it much more than the first one.

I thought Angelo was already experienced in killing, Surprised when he said this was gonna be his first.
Lol at Fango's 'fun' .

Quite crafty of Angelo to carry out his revenge by joining the family himself, Not sure if Fango really escaped or if Angelo had planned to let him go in order to draw out Vano.

That post credit scene :o, Clearly there's a much more elaborate plan at work here.
Interesting that Angelo's dad's best friend is helping him out, Going so far as to give him the list of names. He might have been set up, Show is getting real interesting now.
Lelouch0202Jul 15, 2016 8:28 PM
Jul 15, 2016 8:25 PM

Apr 2008
DatRandomDude said:
PS: whats up with the people who thinks the OP is unfitting ? i think it fits pretty damn good with the anime.

A little modern, compared to the Harlem jazz within the show.

I thought it was OK, but it was so melancholy that I agreed with it, ESPECIALLY with those scenes. Avilio stroking that gun!
Jul 15, 2016 8:26 PM

Oct 2014
TheLittleRedHero said:
Kurtsi said:

Well I'll be dammed I thought shuka was formed by the people who previously worked at brain's base. If not that then I don't know how they got the baccano art style so well.

You aren't wrong on that one, it was a studio formed by the previous people that worked on Brain's Base, at least as far as I'm concerned in the entire staff department, but I don't think animator wise would be Baccano, but I'll check for a moment.

Edit: http://myanimelist.net/people/10312/Ogura_Hiromasa Here you go and no, he didn't worked on Baccano's animation.

I'm impressed how they got down the baccano feel.
Jul 15, 2016 8:37 PM

Jan 2016
smackells said:
Was I the only one who thought the wedding music sounded like "pop goes the weasel"?

thank god I am not crazy

wohohoho, turf war where two families kneel to the 3rd?!

I think we can all agree this is some hardcore setup, right?

now, we didn't see that guy die, but he knew something, and now he's missing as well as, why was there member killed on his' friends' grave? #intense

I hope Angelo lives, I'm just here for his smile/grin

Jul 15, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
DatRandomDude said:

Only for the people that just can't stop comparing it to Baccano, so they wanted their little jazz music.
Like you said, this is a damn good opening and it fits.
Jul 15, 2016 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
WTF!!!! How am i supposed to wait a week after that cliffhanger!!
Jul 15, 2016 10:08 PM

May 2012
I was almost to drop this series since the 1st episode did not hooked me instantly but good thing that the OP is from TK and the story is moving now with this episode. That cliffhanger!
Jul 15, 2016 10:10 PM

Dec 2015
That op its been too long since I've heard that rhythm. That ending tho wasn't expecting that this is gonna be a very interesting mafia anime
Jul 15, 2016 10:11 PM
Feb 2016
TheLittleRedHero said:
Kurtsi said:

I'm not so keen on animation staffs, but I think may be we don't have to take the art director into account. He isn't a Shuka staff and just cooperating with the studio for this anime series.
Jul 15, 2016 10:17 PM
Sep 2013
I'm calling it now, that letter is fake! And then by the end of the series, Angelo will have a mental breakdown after finding that out! Ok, I"m hooked. I'll keep watching this until the end to see if my hypothesis will come true.
Jul 15, 2016 10:18 PM

Apr 2013
Awesome episode~ Seriously loving the atmosphere, setting, characters, dialogue and pretty much everything so far. Love the OP song, sounds and looks really nice~
Jul 15, 2016 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
TK does it agin with the amazing OP and my fucking God that was so amazing honestly this is not an anime it's a crime film
Jul 15, 2016 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
Aye, Fango is still alive. I love that crazy fucker.
Jul 15, 2016 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
KolmeDG said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I'm not so keen on animation staffs, but I think may be we don't have to take the art director into account. He isn't a Shuka staff and just cooperating with the studio for this anime series.

Well there isn't much info placement from staff wise so it can be Key animator, but there's no info on that.
Jul 15, 2016 11:03 PM
May 2016
I am really loving this show in it's early moments and that there might be a proper mafia anime as I feel anime hasn't had a great mafia series.

This is easily the best show of the season so far for me.
Jul 15, 2016 11:05 PM

Dec 2013
That was a fantastic episode. I'm not sure how you could make that any better.
The first episode was a bit slow for me but with this episode, 91 Days has arrived and this show could take out Re:Zero as Anime of the Season for the Summer.
Jul 15, 2016 11:13 PM

Aug 2012
Man that was a lot of fun all the way through. Really good stuff at the end.
Jul 15, 2016 11:35 PM

Feb 2016
So much better than joker game
Jul 16, 2016 12:16 AM

Oct 2010
A wedding scene.. where the Don sits in his office... and it also happens to be a political marriage... There is no way this show wasn't inspired by 'The Godfather'.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Jul 16, 2016 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
The OP was very fitting with the revenge theme, tbh. I don't really like TK, but it's still good.
A lot of Godfather references. Great episode, no complain.
But damn Angelo, why did you kill Vanno? He is my favorite character in this anime so far.
So, will Serpente get out of the mafia after this? XD
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.