Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Farnese half naked for almost the entire episode lol

Got some weird feeling after watching the fight this episode especially with all the screaming and CGI. So Guts does save her life after almost getting violated by that monster as it reminded him of a terrible memory. Eww. Decent voice acting though, the way Farense is portrayed felt convincing.
TyrelJul 24, 2017 8:00 PM
Jul 15, 2016 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
just skipped through the episode to see the horse action. that scene was kinda good (funny)
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 15, 2016 7:59 AM

Oct 2011
The fight (and the apostle) was not that interesting, but all the rest was very good!
All of the extreme part like Rape horse were there!
When the blu-rays will come out will have a diferent feel with the uncensoring!
Jul 15, 2016 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
So this is the big Rape Horse scene all the manga readers were hyping up? This is what constitutes as a good Berserk scene?
Stuff like this reminds me of why I haven't read the manga. It's so edgy and full of shock factor, I'm surprised more people aren't calling it out for it, since there's such a hatred towards that type of stuff nowadays. The scene came off as more hilarious than disturbing or shocking. I mean, a horse with a big fat grin raping a girl? Really?
Jul 15, 2016 8:15 AM

Oct 2011
The point of all those scenes are to traumatized Farnese. The edgyness has a point. I can totally believed that she is traumatized from this experience.
Jul 15, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2014
Teacher_Priest said:
The point of all those scenes are to traumatized Farnese. The edgyness has a point. I can totally believed that she is traumatized from this experience.
That's a pretty cheap and hamfisted way of garnering sympathy for a character. I know Miura has a huge fetish for rape but it's the cheapest method in the book for trying to develop a character with a 'tragic past', especially when the rape is as silly and comical as this.
Jul 15, 2016 8:21 AM

May 2016
Now we just need the edited version with Groose´s theme playing in the background.
Jul 15, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2010
fuck me..they completely made up the whole Apostle in the mansion part.
Jul 15, 2016 8:29 AM

Jun 2015
Kerozinn said:
fuck me..they completely made up the whole Apostle in that mansion.

Well, Miura wrote this episode himself.
Jul 15, 2016 8:30 AM

Oct 2011
Kerozinn said:

This episode was written by Miura himself. The point is that anime-only watchers do not know that Guts is hunting Apostles and that Apostles are made from a deal with the Godhand.
The original content serves that purpose. Not a bad idea at all.
Jul 15, 2016 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
I'm a simple man, I see Mozgus and his deformed torturers in the preview, I get hyped.
Jul 15, 2016 8:36 AM

Oct 2015
Lol so they did include rapehorse after all...Did not expect dat
Now what do you fcks say? :D
Fcking rape horse lmao
Jul 15, 2016 8:37 AM

May 2010
Teacher_Priest said:
Kerozinn said:

This episode was written by Miura himself. The point is that anime-only watchers do not know that Guts is hunting Apostles and that Apostles are made from a deal with the Godhand.
The original content serves that purpose. Not a bad idea at all.

And why do they not know this? is it maybe because they already skipped the whole part of the arc where Guts is hunting Rosine who is an Apostle?
Jul 15, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
Okocha119 said:
Also: Why is the best piece of music on the sound track used as the PV song?

Yeah, we need more HAI YO! greatness.
Jul 15, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2015
Jesus Christ why do they even bother using 2D if it's gonna look even shittier than the CG? Even the 2D in Kingdom wasn't that bad.
Jul 15, 2016 8:49 AM

May 2010
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Jesus Christ why do they even bother using 2D if it's gonna look even shittier than the CG? Even the 2D in Kingdom wasn't that bad.

haha yep aslong as you dont compare it to the manga art style...
Jul 15, 2016 8:50 AM

Mar 2015
Oh Lord, grant me the strength to suffer through this mess without my eyes and ears slowly bleeding to cold, dry and desolate realm of death.
Jul 15, 2016 8:51 AM

Mar 2015
How many episodes will this show have?

Judging by the pacing I get the feeling the only have 10 or 12 episodes to cramp in 100+ chapters of the manga.

I mean honestly? They already showed the inquisitor in the pv for next week.

Who, in his right mind, would butcher great source material like this?

I will stick with the anime, though.
Jul 15, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2015
Kerozinn said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

haha yep aslong as you dont compare it to the manga art style...

Well, both the manga of Berserk and Kingdom have amazing art.
Jul 15, 2016 8:53 AM

Oct 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Why complain about 3D and 2D when there is Horse-D?
Jul 15, 2016 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
Well that wasn't as bad as I expected it too be. The whole mansion and apostle thing was pretty sucky, Should have just stuck to the manga instead of going original.

Also the animation did feel pretty bad at points.

At the least I can appreciate the fact that they included the manga events with only little modification.
As for the horse r*pe scene, The manga one felt far more intense, Either the one in this was bad or the fact that I already knew about it made it less intense.

Also they skipped Chapter 142 completely(Exception of first 2 pages) and a majority of scenes from 143, Looks like they're gonna cram as much content as they can :(, Meh at least they're sticking to some of the scenes from the manga.
Jul 15, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
lancer35 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Too bad that scene probably had the worst 2D in the whole episode. I would've taken a CG dragon over that.
Jul 15, 2016 8:57 AM

Mar 2015
I usually don't complain about the bad cgi. But the apostle's cgi was really bad in my opinion. Like some end boss from a 2001 Playstation game.

Is it just me or did they inculde quite a few 2D sequences? Those looked quite nice.
Jul 15, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2015
Farnese was animated really weird, like half the time the sound didn't match her movements.

And I guess that was the rape horse....honestly it looked kind of stupid and not scary.
Jul 15, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
lancer35 said:

Unfortunately we didn't see Horse-D in this episode.
Jul 15, 2016 9:02 AM

Feb 2012
Helenus said:

Judging by the pacing I get the feeling the only have 10 or 12 episodes to cramp in 100+ chapters of the manga.

German streaming site says around 24 or 25 episodes in total.

And yeah I was surprised about the PV as well, I expected Conviction arc in like 2nd cour, not this early, but still hyped.
Jul 15, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
They actually animated the Rape Horse LOL

I couldn't stop laughing at the horse's face XD.

Jul 15, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, seems like I'm in the minority here, but I actually thought everything looked a lot better this week than last week or the week before, other than that demon horse thing. I also feel like the plot is getting a bit more interesting, but the pacing is still pretty weird. At least there was more 2D this week, something that I hope continues to be the case as we move forward.

Alos, judging by these comments, I honestly get the impression that people are actively looking for things to dislike in this show rather than even remotely trying to enjoy it.
Jul 15, 2016 9:12 AM

May 2010
Farnese looks so weird without nipples lol
the fight between guts and the apostle is total shit though
Natsu's Rage !!

Jul 15, 2016 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
Helenus said:

24 episodes. It has been confirmed before even the release.
Jul 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
If they can put in damn fillers then why didn't the just animate all the previous arcs instead?

Still I'm quite surprise that they didn't remove too much of all that sexual content that was in the manga plus some of the scenes in the ep were quite nice.

Consider how bad the first eps were I could even say that this one was "decent"
How I love a game
Jul 15, 2016 9:40 AM
Feb 2014
Hongu said:
So this is the big Rape Horse scene all the manga readers were hyping up? This is what constitutes as a good Berserk scene?
Stuff like this reminds me of why I haven't read the manga. It's so edgy and full of shock factor, I'm surprised more people aren't calling it out for it, since there's such a hatred towards that type of stuff nowadays. The scene came off as more hilarious than disturbing or shocking. I mean, a horse with a big fat grin raping a girl? Really?

You're right, it's a shit scene.

The manga tanked after the golden age arc and never recovered.

If you watched the original anime then you already got the best this series has to offer. The storytelling in golden age was superb. Since then, there's really been nothing but gratuitous edgelord shit.
Jul 15, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
I found this episode to be better than the first two. The animation is still a huge minus and rape horse was extremely goofy but at least things are moving forward.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 15, 2016 9:45 AM
Apr 2014
The fight scene with the apostle looked terrible thanks to the CGI but oh well at we have horse rape to emphasize the shit Farnese went through, much better than the last 2 episodes but overall still a laughably bad adaptation of the manga.
Jul 15, 2016 9:55 AM

Oct 2015
The highlight of the episode

Jul 15, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2016
lancer35 said:
The highlight of the episode

Also this:

Great episode hahaha
Jul 15, 2016 10:13 AM
Jun 2016
Was okay, heard about this rape horse in previous discussions so was kind of interested but more then hilarious can't say as haven't reached that part of the manga yet, overall okay.
Jul 15, 2016 10:16 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty garbage and rushed episode. Idgaf about rape horse when everything is a mess.
Jul 15, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2015
How could anyone possibly try to defend that animation. It looks so awful, jesus christ
what
Jul 15, 2016 10:24 AM
Apr 2016
Got used to the animation and actually enjoyed half the episode, skipped most of the fights though.
Jul 15, 2016 10:25 AM

Sep 2012
Well that was something i mean the whole episode starts with them fighting demons which was ok, then they fought random demon dogs after that we had a random fight with an apostle when i saw the whole fight i didn't know whether cry or laugh at how bad it was they even tried to make us care for that character by showing us a flashback but with him just shouting like a maniac and the confusing direction and animation i didn't understand what was going on most of the time, and after that we had a rape scene..... that's all i have to say about that, so lets do a check list fight with demons check, dog demons check, random apostle check, rape scene check and to top it all up we had to have an exposition dump at the end of the episode well why not i mean i'll watch it just to see how stupid can this adaptation get.
Jul 15, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2009
Well lets get the postive stuff out of the way, I think it looked better than the previous eps. Altough it could be that I've just gotten used to how bad it looks. Still teasing us with those random shots without CGI really hammers in how good it could have looked...
and well atleast they kept the rape horse, I gotta give them points for that

So basically they have no intention of actually adapting the manga. They just take random pieces from here and there, slap them together, add some random crap they came up with and go "tadahh! Here's the good Berserk adaptation you have been waiting for".
This crap could be actually hilarious, if I wasn't constantly thinking about how we got this instead of a good/faithful adaptation.
Like seriously Guts having that much trouble with a shit-tier Apostle like that guy? lol
Also It seems that Farnese is actually a shapeshifter/demon/spirirt 'cus she can make her nips disappear and reappear between shots.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 15, 2016 10:28 AM
Feb 2014
It's a shame we didn't get to see a massive horse wang, but it was an attempted rape by a horse nonetheless. Seeing Farnese traumatized is still the funniest thing ever :D
Jul 15, 2016 10:48 AM

Jul 2007
"Director-san should we keep all the character development and important story arcs?"
"NAH LETS SKIP THEM, We need to rush to actually important things...Like horse rape!"
"..."

1/5
Jul 15, 2016 10:51 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
"Director-san should we keep all the character development and important story arcs?"
"NAH LETS SKIP THEM, We need to rush to actually important things...Like horse rape!"
"..."

1/5

So true.
Not to mention the really imporatant and riveting backstrory of the most beloved and interesting Apostle ever. Like everyone I know was always saying "damn I really want to know more about that nameless Apostle Guts destroyes in few seconds"
I mean good god, they skip stuff like Lost Children(I really liked that arc) and then add random shit like this...

Curse you Idea of Evil, this must be "his" doing 'cus that's the only explanation that makes sense

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 15, 2016 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
Those missing nipples annoyed me a lot.
Jul 15, 2016 11:07 AM
Feb 2016
This is a fantastic show I love the story, I'm not so sure about the animation but I will endure. Hope this continues up to the Berserker *Illya's voice* armor and Guts going Berserk :P

I love how the characters are portrayed, Farnese in particular had a very convincing VA and you could actually feel the fear in her voice (she was half naked almost the whole episode but they forgot to animate the nipples *doh!*).

That horse scene was just too weird for my taste even though I was a bit curious what would had happened if Guts had come a little later, poor Fanese.
Jul 15, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 2015
_Peksi said:
Fai said:
"..."

1/5

So true.
Not to mention the really imporatant and riveting backstrory of the most beloved and interesting Apostle ever. Like everyone I know was always saying "damn I really want to know more about that nameless Apostle Guts destroyes in few seconds"
I mean good god, they skip stuff like Lost Children(I really liked that arc) and then add random shit like this...

Curse you Idea of Evil, this must be "his" doing 'cus that's the only explanation that makes sense

Come on now. I found it pretty interesting.
The important idea in Berserk of why apostles are apostles.
Ok so I found this episode good, the downsides were the apostle in 3D and censorship of Farnese's crotch but good thing is this wont be censored in home release.
Damn that ending was old school Berserk though, in Windham. Lots of handrawn stuff.
Also many great handdrawn shots of Guts throughout the episode.

I was watching an interview of one of the managers for that anime, and ultimately it is told that the 3D is not used mainly for budget reasons, but for artistic reasons, trying to mix handdrawn & 3D. But they do point out that handdrawn is still vital to them, and to Berserk. I think this is highlighted in this episode, where all the great scenes are handdrawn (except rape horse scene lmao which was handdrawn I guess as 30000% fansservice by our Miura).

That closing Windham scene was really faithful to the manga and great.
I do hope the anime goes to 24 episode and secondly I hope they go 2D alot more, which I feel is foreshadowed by the Windham epilogue. These 3 episodes could really be a prologue to this entire series.
Jul 15, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2009
Ramkec said:
Helenus said:

German streaming site says around 24 or 25 episodes in total.

And yeah I was surprised about the PV as well, I expected Conviction arc in like 2nd cour, not this early, but still hyped.
Conviction in 2nd cour is way too late.
After horse rape there are only a few chapters before Mozgus and I assume they are skipping them because they are relevant for after conviction arc which we won't see animated.
Whats skipped should be:
Jul 15, 2016 11:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I promised last episode that I wouldn't rant about the animation, so I won't. It's painfully obvious to everyone. I am confused about the nipples (or lack of thereof). Is it a weird Japanese TV censoring thing? They leave it for the BD's or something?

And the story...boy they are taking a lot of liberties, jumping from one thing to another. I know that Miura-san himself wrote it, but the Miura of today and the one of 15 years ago are not of the same calibre. Let's hope he knows what he's doing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

988 by Szymex284 »»
Mar 28, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

181 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:58 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

285 by Ere14 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.