Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 15, 2016 1:14 AM
Dec 2013
I get surprised to see the lost child's mother is look like Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori.
Jul 15, 2016 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
Fun episode again, hilarious as well.

That was totally Saika in Uchimaki's picture.

I so wanted to see the face of that girl if he had really said "Know your place 3D'er" XD , Uchimaki looked so intimidating that time.
That double rejection was hilarious.

The lolicon thing was funny too, I knew all along that there had to be some catch to that xD
Usami is still cute as ever :3
Jul 15, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2015
Lol great to see many also spotted Totsuka hahaha
Jul 15, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2011
Hilarious episode. I'm hyped for blonde to be in an episode for once, and not be in a locker lol.

I wonder if the girl that got dumped will be in the anime more, I would assume so.

I really enjoy these characters and cast so far.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 15, 2016 9:06 AM

Apr 2011
Better than the first episode, this was quite fun. Figured he must've talking about the strap almost immediately and it was pretty funny how she was the confessor's younger sister.

antonn said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

If we're getting into literal definitions here, a Lolicon is only attracted to little girls (And 2D girls most of the time). A pedophile is attracted to children in general (Both boys and girls). It doesn't make sense the way it was used here, since you clearly hear the characters say lolicon in Japanese but translating it to pedophile would mean he's broadly attracted to all children.

Yes. The characters say it, because lolicon literally means pedophile in Japan. Just because you and others outside of Japan want to use it for 2-D only doesn't change the original meaning.

If you're going for literal definitions like that, stuff like Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, Phineas and Gerb, Kids Next Door, etc.. are anime since "anime" is Japanese for cartoon.
yhunataJul 15, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 15, 2016 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
This is just as good as the manga. It took two seconds in each of the shorts to remind me of exactly what happened in the manga. Loved Colette's introduction this episode in the flashback. Her Ultraman mask was ridiculous, and that misunderstanding she caused before running away had me in stitches!

Looking forward to Colette's antics next episode. Seems like the focus will be on her.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 15, 2016 11:27 AM
Aug 2015
I really find the main girl annoying but the guy is pretty cute since he doesn't act like a pleb.
Jul 15, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
that was really funny and he was mistaken for being a predator lol
Jul 15, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2016
Loved it.
:)
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 15, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2010
yhunata said:
antonn said:

Yes. The characters say it, because lolicon literally means pedophile in Japan. Just because you and others outside of Japan want to use it for 2-D only doesn't change the original meaning.

If you're going for literal definitions like that, stuff like Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents, Phineas and Gerb, Kids Next Door, etc.. are anime since "anime" is Japanese for cartoon.

So using your example: if for some reason the Japanese were talking about Spongebob and called it an anime, but the subs used cartoon, would the subs be wrong?
antonnJul 15, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 15, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
That was very enjoyable and hillarious episode.
lol, that scene when subaru fell in love to a little girl. seriously, i almost thought he was a pedo. lolicon is still better. but when you change fiction into reality......DANGER!!! but shit i was worried for nothing. heck, why i even worried about him lol.

Usami was being cute as usual in this episode too. the little girls was adorable too(not the ones on the painting). i was expecting to see the new character, especially that short girl with yellow/blonde hai xD but she will appear in the next episode. really looking foward to it.

great episode overall.

Edit: sasuga MAL~~
Lolicon turned into Pedo in the sub in this episode got all of your fucking attention.
let me say it again, lolicon and pedo are a different thing. japanese people are just saying it lolicon because in their mind, they already implanted the word of lolicon as pedo, but in anime community, pedo and lolicon are a different thing. why make it different ? so that we can see the difference from people who likes "fictional" little girl and from people who likes "real" little girl. fiction and reality are different. not an opnion but a fact. well, it's still up to you tho if you want to categorized lolicon as pedo. it's just how japanese categorized pedo as lolicon. many people/community/country have different way to categorized things y'know.
YizelTroJul 15, 2016 1:42 PM
Jul 15, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
The power of the princess carry is unmatched. Seriously though, that relationship is so one sided it's crazy, words can't describe it in it's current state. Good episode though. I want Coellete (Think thats how it's spelled)
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 15, 2016 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
Wonderful episode!
Somehow Usami is even cuter in the anime than in the manga!
Jul 15, 2016 5:17 PM

Apr 2011
antonn said:
yhunata said:

So using your example: if for some reason the Japanese were talking about Spongebob and called it an anime, but the subs used cartoon, would the subs be wrong?

It wouldn't, because anime in English doesn't refer to animations from the west, but only those from Japan. Loli, on the other hand, is also a bit of a loanword, but instead of referring simply to all underage girls, is used more to refer to underdeveloped girls (which is why vampire like Shinobu are also considered loli despite being over 500 years old). Lolicon is simply the reference to someone who likes loli, so using pedophile wouldn't make sense since it refers to anyone who is sexually attracted to children regardless of how they look. It's honestly just one huge complicated area with mutliple right answers.
Jul 15, 2016 6:01 PM
Feb 2016
Hahaha! I'm laughing to hard! But it's kinda disappoint because they have to skip all scene in Chapter 16, who's related to that Lolimaki :v
Jul 15, 2016 10:19 PM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
I hope it doesn't remain so episodic. Though I like the lighthearted feel of the show, I would like a good story to present itself.

Jul 15, 2016 11:25 PM

Sep 2011
Memor said:
"Lolimaki" haha. Also has "lolicon" always been translated to "pedophile"? ._..

No, it hasn't. It's kind of annoying since they aren't anywhere close to being the same word.
Jul 15, 2016 11:27 PM

Sep 2011
Cetais said:
So happy to see "lolicon" translated as "Pedophile". Way too many people doesn't seem to know it means the same thing.

Gr8 b8 m8. I r8 8 out of 8.
Jul 16, 2016 2:53 AM

Nov 2013
Surprisingly feel fast and enjoyable.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 16, 2016 3:12 AM
May 2016
So glad I didn't drop it. This episode was really funny and adorable.
Jul 16, 2016 7:12 AM

Dec 2014
Well a great overall episode... that mislead in the end though
Jul 16, 2016 7:40 PM

Mar 2008
Memor said:
President's cover-up plan was really great.

"Lolimaki" haha. Also has "lolicon" always been translated to "pedophile"? ._.

This anime deserves more attention imo.

The new girl next ep looks cute as hell, wtf.

I can't recall it being translated like that very often if ever. Kinda irked me when I saw it here.
Jul 16, 2016 8:44 PM

Nov 2013
It was kinda weird seeing the word “Lolicon" translated as pedophile lol. Aside from that, it was a really enjoyable episode. The murder scene was hilarious and the Mc is growing on me, he really gives zero fucks about real girls, reminds me of Keima Katsuragi.
Jul 17, 2016 4:08 AM
Jul 2016
Lolimakiiii ahahahha
Jul 17, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
Cute girl of the season...was very cute

And strangely funny...didn't think I would laugh at the comedy here
Jul 17, 2016 12:16 PM
Feb 2010
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Memor said:
"Lolimaki" haha. Also has "lolicon" always been translated to "pedophile"? ._..

No, it hasn't. It's kind of annoying since they aren't anywhere close to being the same word.

Guess you miss the part in this discussion where we said it means the same thing in Japan.
Jul 17, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Cetais said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

Guess you miss the part in this discussion where we said it means the same thing in Japan.

No, I saw it. It's incorrect but I saw it.
Jul 17, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2011
Really love the murder skit. Also, the part where Uchimaki mentions his art didn't get first place. Hahaha.

Also, Usami's friend is voice by Sora Tokui (Nico ni).

I also really like how they connected the confession girl to the kid with the strap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2011
Loving the show so far. :3
So M.C is a cute girl, that's very nice for a change. I'm a little tired of generic male MCs
Jul 17, 2016 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
So cliche, yet so hilarous. Definitely one of my favorite this season.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jul 18, 2016 7:12 AM

Sep 2015
When i saw the mother of the lost child, the first character that I thought of was Hotaru Ichijou from Non Non Biyori xD. They look so similar!!!!
Anyone else thought so too? LOL
Jul 18, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2012
Fiji said:

Also, Usami's friend is voice by Sora Tokui (Nico ni).

Good catch.

Glad I didn't drop, this ep was 3x better than the first one.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 19, 2016 3:59 AM

Mar 2015
TouchYou said:
really funnier than the previous episode and eager to the next episode
and yes go!go! Lolimaki,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OrangeJP said:
The judges must be blind. How can you not give this masterpiece first place?

And with this episode, Uchimaki lands a position as one of my top 5 male protags this season. Those bits were so damn funny. XD

heinrich6745 said:
Looks like i am not the only person here who has spotted it.

Similar to 8-man, he just wants to protect paint that smile.

If Amaama to Inazuma wasn't airing this would probably be the balm I use after watching Re:Zero this season, the comedy really lightens the heart. :D
Jul 20, 2016 5:49 PM

Oct 2008
This is really my favorite show of this season!
Kaicho & LOLImaki are damned because they ruined Usami's Artwork!
Usami so cute because she's naïve to expect a kiss from a person who isn't interested on 3D girls!
LOL Lolimaki's 2D waifu placed 2nd on the competition!
2nd part is adorable also! with the lost kid and damn! Lolimaki's really great in drawing the exact face of a random person he just met a while ago and it was very quick!
3rd part, that love letter made Usami really mad!
They thought Uchimaki is a PEDOmaki and that grade-schooler girl it turns-out her older sister is the one who tried to confess to Lolimaki! Such a small world!
5/5!

finally! Colette will appear next ep!
EDIT:
I didn't noticed Totsuka! cool!
matias067Jul 20, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 20, 2016 11:02 PM

May 2010
This guy-- he freaking painted Totsuka Saika from Oregairu! Tho it was hidden behind Usami's body

Collette is hilarious! "I'll go back to my planet!"

And dat "I'll throw one in your face one day! Be prepared!" That's my girL <3

For a second I thought he really is a lolicon the drama was real and the bgm was perfect
Also, I was thinking maybe it's the lil sis of the girl whom he rejected coz of the similar hairstyle and it really turned out like that, cool

He's the predator you like, and got rejected by lmao

This is great, 9/10
Jul 21, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
antonn said:

It wouldn't, because anime in English doesn't refer to animations from the west, but only those from Japan. Loli, on the other hand, is also a bit of a loanword, but instead of referring simply to all underage girls, is used more to refer to underdeveloped girls (which is why vampire like Shinobu are also considered loli despite being over 500 years old). Lolicon is simply the reference to someone who likes loli, so using pedophile wouldn't make sense since it refers to anyone who is sexually attracted to children regardless of how they look. It's honestly just one huge complicated area with mutliple right answers.

yhunata, fully in agreement with you but it really isn't complicated. Only for those who do not know these unrecognizable slang words that the rest of the population are not aware of. Just look at English slang words used today that can vary in it's meaning such cool, salty, etc. and then there's the loan words that the people who accept new words into the English dictionary. Of course this is about Japanese to English discussion.

antonn and some others, the major populace elsewhere and in Japan do not know the usage of slang words such as lolicon. CR translating it as pedophile are completely wrong and should of known better seeing they have left lolicon alone in other shows or the fault may be on the translator that worked on it. clannadlover understood the context of the scene but his agreement to the translation is wrong.

Context wise Usami was merely looking back at that moment she had talking with the President and nothing more on why he draws only loli's. When Subaru was looking at the direction of Yuka's sister she was dreading he may of leveled up to liking 3D at that moment because of the words he used and tone of voice. Remember that Usami is hoping he'll be into 3D and namely into her despite how much Subaru continuous says he's into 2D only. I mean how much more obvious can this be in the confession scene and Yuka was wondering if the girl Subaru liked was Usami. Please keep foolish nonsense that pedophile is accurate translation to lolicon when it isn't remotely close. No excuses in the so called information age to be ignorant.
radleSep 13, 2016 7:08 PM
Jul 21, 2016 6:06 AM

Mar 2015
I don't get Season 2 of Chiyo-chan but this is just what I wanted.

Jul 21, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
I didn’t enjoyed this episode as much as the first one... Most of the jokes didn’t click with me, and I felt bored most of the time.

Still.... I’d say that out of the 3 segments, I enjoyed the second the most, mainly because we found out more about why Mizuki’s likes Subaru (which, in all honestly, I thought it was kinda weak, but whatever...). I also thought the confession letter section during the last segment was kinda amusing (2 rejections (direct and indirect) in one day, good job Subaru)

Anyhow, I’m glad they are finally introducing Collette next episode (I’m talking for real, and not as a cameo like thy did in first episode (locker) and this one (kid with mask)). I hope she is a fun character.
zero-rJul 21, 2016 11:25 AM

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 22, 2016 5:51 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was actually pretty funny, much better than the first episode. This series works infinitely more as a comedy with a tinge of romance/drama than the other way around and I'm starting to come around to the two main characters a little now. For a split second I thought this was gonna go down the pedo route at the end. Man, would this have been a different series without that punchline.
KoybzJul 22, 2016 5:56 PM
Jul 23, 2016 2:31 AM

Dec 2012
xD Subaru is the best. It's been a long time that I haven't seen a MC like that. Great first part with the painting.
Jul 24, 2016 12:42 AM

May 2013
lmao lolimaki xDD
made by bunnyama
Jul 24, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2015
Love this episode a bit more than the 1st one now that's what I'm talking about
LOL Saika as a waifu, + a lolicon, this freaking Lolimaki
Also that painting Lolimaki made puts most of the paintings into shame XD
Jul 24, 2016 9:48 AM
Mar 2012
Wow i just saw true art. And Subaru got great taste, Saika best grill. His art noticeably improved since this November flashback.
Paint murder part too funny. Lolimaki was super smooth with kids. Those sisters need more screentime. Lol Cholette appeared as ultraman.
That slowmo animation made their closeups so epic.
Jul 25, 2016 8:12 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I was kinda hoping Lolimaki is real.....just for more comedic stuffs lol

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 26, 2016 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
heinrich6745 said:
Looks like i am not the only person here who has spotted it.

+1 this, nice info.. maybe we should make a thread featuring all "easter eggs" after this anime completion
Jul 27, 2016 9:51 AM

Sep 2015
I thought this episode was pretty good much like the last. I like that we get three short little stories, I think that's a good amount for this series pacing. The first story to me was hands down the funniest. It was just a well constructed comedic situation, that kept repeatedly escalating. I actually laughed out loud, which happens rarely, at the President pretending to be murdered to cover up the ruined painting, and Subaru sticking to his guns when Usami can clearly tell they're lying. The punchline of Subaru entering one of his waifus into the contest instead, and taking second place was a perfect summation of the show until now. I really liked the lazy President, he may be my favorite part hope he continues to be a strong presence.

I also still really like Usami. The OP and very nature of this show seems to suggest that it's going to end up being a harem. But for now I'm enjoying her flustered reactions to Subaru and obvious crush. With that being said though, I can see it becoming static and more annoying than funny pretty quick. Hell we're only on Episode two and it's already starting to feel that way. Maybe adding more girls is a good thing so we don't get bored of her.

All in all another successful episode, albeit one that contained yet another uncomfortable scene I was kind of annoyed by. They seem determined to have one per episode. This time wasn't a big fan of the big lolicon scene played for laughs. The punchline righted it a little bit, but I dunno I didn't find the set up all that funny.
Jul 27, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
radle said:
yhunata said:

yhunata, fully in agreement with you but it really isn't complicated. Only for those who do not know these unrecognizable slang words that the rest of the population are not aware of. Just look at English slang words used today that can vary in it's meaning such cool, salty, etc. and then there's the loan words that the people who accept new words into the English dictionary. Of course this is about Japanese to English discussion.

antonn and some others, the major populace elsewhere and in Japan do not know the usage of slang words such as lolicon. CR translating it as pedophile are completely wrong and should of known better seeing they have left lolicon alone in other shows or the fault may be on the translator that worked on it. clannadlover understood the context of the scene but his agreement to the translation is wrong.

Context wise Usami was merely looking back at that moment she had talking with the President and nothing more on why he draws only loli's. When Subaru was looking at the direction of Imari's sister she was dreading he may of leveled up to liking 3D at that moment because of the words he used and tone of voice. Remember that Usami is hoping he'll be into 3D and namely into her despite how much Subaru continuous says he's into 2D only. I mean how much more obvious can this be in the confession scene and Imari was wondering if the girl Subaru liked was Usami. Please keep foolish nonsense that pedophile is accurate translation to lolicon when it isn't remotely close. No excuses in the so called information age to be ignorant.

nah, it was correct in the context, because if it didn't mean bad (pedophile) Subaru won't need to deny when asked by president, instead he would probably said "yes, but only 2D" or something along that line. It may be incorrect literal definition, as pointed out by some users in this thread, but the anime definitely treat the word as something bad / perverted..
ProtozJul 27, 2016 7:43 PM
Jul 28, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
Protoz said:
nah, it was correct in the context, because if it didn't mean bad (pedophile) Subaru won't need to deny when asked by president, instead he would probably said "yes, but only 2D" or something along that line. It may be incorrect literal definition, as pointed out by some users in this thread, but the anime definitely treat the word as something bad / perverted..

No, you are wrong as you are creating a scenario that wasn't even there to begin with. The context is what I wrote with Usami hoping in Subaru to like 3D namely her which is more apparent in episode 4 but in this episode she was reflecting back at the past with the Pres that this loli may of triggered something with himself so all the apparent when she noticed Subaru was staring at the 2D thing. Also, there's no such thing as (bad) pedophile so you making stuff up which doesn't help your case. In addition there was a pun of the usage of the word loli which makes it even more retarded by CR's translator. Doki at least got this correct.

Lolicon and Pedophile are not one of the same as one is slang very much used in anime, games, light novel, manga, etc type of medias and sometimes applied in real world setting but only of the resemblance like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4z4O_NGHlI while the other is used and recognized in a real world setting dealing with harm to real children. The ignorance of the populace of slapping a label to all things including fictional they do not understand and would lack the awareness of the difference unless educated about it with these medias. Just look how long it took people to stop using the word "Japanimation" and use anime now. Now some are more aware of other slang words like Tsundere, Yandere, etc but not to so much with lolicon, brocon, siscon, etc.

Other words that would suffer a similar fate would be words such as tsundere, yandere, waifu, etc are all slang but in a terrible localization by trashy entities like funimation, NIS, etc would butcher these words to conform to gaijins. Another game they did terrible recently was Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Worse of all funimation isn't consistent with a show they decide to butcher like in Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? where they would localize and sometimes where they wouldn't.
radleJul 28, 2016 1:01 PM
Jul 30, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2009
President's idea was awesome hahaha
Jul 30, 2016 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
Heh, another great and hillariously funny episode, I like how it went full circle in the end, meaning they really were those perverts that made their school issue offical formal warning. And I like Usami more and more, her interactions and attempt were great and she is nice mix of kuudere and tsundere character, pretty likeable.

Next time, Collet, yay, finally we get to know her... I wonder is she also high schooler or still middle schooler that just hangs around?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

158 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

71 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2016

86 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

89 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2016

78 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 5, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.