Forum Settings
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 13, 2016 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
I'm thinking about picking this up since i kind of like the dept some characters have. But i heard they skipped some chapters and have no clue where the anime stopped animating the manga. So please, and thanks in advance.
johnyjohnyJul 13, 2016 2:32 AM
Jul 14, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2012
johnyjohny said:
I'm thinking about picking this up since i kind of like the dept some characters have. But i heard they skipped some chapters and have no clue where the anime stopped animating the manga. So please, and thanks in advance.
You want me to rewatch the end and read the manga again... hmm if you really need an exact chapter I can but it was around chapter 80 that it ended. Try 79 first I guess... if you're in a real bind let me know and I can watch the last episodes and check my books. IIRC the last episode was anime only but I could be wrong.
Jul 14, 2016 1:55 PM

Nov 2012
hpulley said:
johnyjohny said:
You want me to rewatch the end and read the manga again... hmm if you really need an exact chapter I can but it was around chapter 80 that it ended. Try 79 first I guess... if you're in a real bind let me know and I can watch the last episodes and check my books. IIRC the last episode was anime only but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the help. But i don't think chapter 79 is quit right. I see lot's of new characters. But did not really thought i would get a response anyway, so still many thanks.
Jul 14, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
johnyjohny said:
hpulley said:
Thanks for the help. But i don't think chapter 79 is quit right. I see lot's of new characters. But did not really thought i would get a response anyway, so still many thanks.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. Did you mean Genshiken 2 anime or Genshiken Nidaime? They skipped some chapters between the two. I originally thought you meant after Nidaime but this response tells me you probably meant the original Genshiken 2 anime. Though confusing it further, the Nidaime OVA actually adapted a chapter from the original Genshiken, not Nidaime so it takes place between Genshiken 2 and Nidaime but with the original characters, some of which are also in Nidaime.

In that case you probably want to start around chapter 50 for the last chapters of Genshiken which were not adapted into Genshiken 2 (or the first season). Chapter 56 starts Genshiken Nidaime. But the original Genshiken anime and manga was a long time ago so 50 could also be a bit approximate.
Jul 14, 2016 2:58 PM

Nov 2012
hpulley said:
johnyjohny said:

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. Did you mean Genshiken 2 anime or Genshiken Nidaime? They skipped some chapters between the two. I originally thought you meant after Nidaime but this response tells me you probably meant the original Genshiken 2 anime. Though confusing it further, the Nidaime OVA actually adapted a chapter from the original Genshiken, not Nidaime so it takes place between Genshiken 2 and Nidaime but with the original characters, some of which are also in Nidaime.

In that case you probably want to start around chapter 50 for the last chapters of Genshiken which were not adapted into Genshiken 2 (or the first season). Chapter 56 starts Genshiken Nidaime. But the original Genshiken anime and manga was a long time ago so 50 could also be a bit approximate.
Yea that's it, thanks man.
Jul 14, 2016 3:36 PM

Jan 2011
anyone know where I should start to read the seven deadly sins manga?

I finished the anime.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 15, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
MasterHavik said:

I finished the anime.
Might have better luck in the Seven Deadly Sins manga forum...
Jul 15, 2016 8:12 AM
Jan 2013
MasterHavik said:

I finished the anime.
Try up chapter 103
gone bai bai
Jul 15, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2011
Mkim said:
MasterHavik said:

I finished the anime.
Try up chapter 103
thanks:) I was wondering. I can't wait to else is going on. I need to read more manga.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 20, 2016 7:26 PM
Feb 2016
If you finished genshiken nidaime anime:
-Read chapters 43-49 (to find out the sudden change in ogiue's personality because this wasnt animated)
-watch nidaime ova if you havent (covers chapter 50-51)
-read chapters 52-55 (further character development for ogiue + graduation of others)
-Then disregard the last episode and ending scene of second to the last episode of nidaime because these were anime originals.
-You can then start at the second half of 81... Or maybe start at 82 if you dont need a "lead into"...

If you finished only genshiken 2 anime:
-read chapter 43-49
-watch nidaime OVA (or read 50-51)
-read chapter 52-55
-watch nidaime
-disregard last episode (because it's an anime original ending)
-read 81 - end
Sep 28, 2017 6:03 AM
Aug 2017
mc1221cm said:
-Read chapters 43-49 (to find out the sudden change in ogiue's personality because this wasnt animated)
-read chapters 52-55 (further character development for ogiue + graduation of others)
-Then disregard the last episode and ending scene of second to the last episode of nidaime because these were anime originals.
-You can then start at the second half of 81... Or maybe start at 82 if you dont need a "lead into"...

-read chapter 43-49
-read chapter 52-55
-watch nidaime
-read 81 - end

Thank you very much
Nov 10, 2021 4:27 PM
Dec 2012
mcookie said:

-read chapter 43-49
-read chapter 52-55
-watch nidaime
-read 81 - end

Can I watch nidaime's end (I'm kinda curious) or it contains spoilers that ruin the rest of the manga?
Jan 31, 2022 4:59 AM
Jan 2022
Genshiken season 2 ends at Chapter 42 skipping 17,20,35,43-55. Genshiken Nidaime starts with chapter 56 and ends with Chapter 83 episode 12, skipping Chapters 82. episode 13 original ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 127 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2016

29 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 19, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 122 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 3, 2016

14 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 13, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 126 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 27, 2016

18 by Beatnik »»
Feb 12, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 121 Discussion

JALU3 - Feb 26, 2016

15 by Beatnik »»
Feb 12, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Chapter 110 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 2, 2015

10 by Beatnik »»
Feb 11, 2:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.