Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 15, 2018 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
I'll stop watching when I run out of things that look interesting to me. Honestly I thought that would happen a while ago, but hasn't yet.
Aug 15, 2018 7:22 PM

Apr 2018
I am 26 and here I am
I don't think I'll stop reading manga or watching anime anytime soon. But I started to watch less anime recently.
Aug 15, 2018 7:42 PM

Jul 2014
People don't outgrow their hobbies. They may one day need a break from one of them due to reaching saturation, and some people conflate this feeling with "being over it". Lost track of how many times friends have gotten rid of PCs/ consoles/ board games/ musical instruments then 2 years later they're crying about it.

My only problem is being into Magic: The Gathering, Warhammer 40K, Pokémon TCG, anime, bass and guitar, gaming - while I am literally never ever bored I do have vast mountains of crap and trying to remain sensible about what to keep and what to throw away is sometimes challenging. Luckily, the digital era has fixed many problems. The very first day I got a motherboard that could install Windows with a USB key (sometime in 2008) was the day all optical drives and optical media went in the garbage for good. Now TVs even have USB ports, happy days. Not to mention I have a gaming/ media PC for every screen, lol. (3 stationary and 1 laptop)
Red_TuesdayAug 15, 2018 7:47 PM
Aug 15, 2018 7:54 PM

Nov 2017
Adult That Watch anime right? There is nothing wrong in it...

The wrong things are :
- Old Guy or lady (over 26) still debatting about best girl =,=
- Otaku Parents that give more attention to their hobby than their family (this kind of trash need to be burn)

I am over 20 but under 30 still watching anime regreting my fate in front of PC monitor
Now Loading.....
Aug 15, 2018 10:12 PM
May 2016
I'm 26, in the last stage of a Bachelor's degree, but I still live at home due to financial difficulty. Legally speaking, I'm a grown adult, but sometimes I'm unsure how much of a grown man I am.

As for your question, yeah I probably will enjoy anime as I grow older and start a family of my own. I hope to pass my love of anime and video games onto my kids one day.

bondtux said:
Adult That Watch anime right? There is nothing wrong in it...

The wrong things are :
- Old Guy or lady (over 26) still debatting about best girl =,=
- Otaku Parents that give more attention to their hobby than their family (this kind of trash need to be burn)

I am over 20 but under 30 still watching anime regreting my fate in front of PC monitor

26 is not THAT old. Sure I feel about 50, but still.

Also, Hifumi Takimoto = best girl

Aug 15, 2018 10:46 PM

Nov 2017
ShyGuyDY said:
I'm 26, in the last stage of a Bachelor's degree, but I still live at home due to financial difficulty. Legally speaking, I'm a grown adult, but sometimes I'm unsure how much of a grown man I am.

As for your question, yeah I probably will enjoy anime as I grow older and start a family of my own. I hope to pass my love of anime and video games onto my kids one day.

"I hope to pass my love of anime and video games onto my kids one day" I also hope so. But you know about our ages, it cost minimal more than 15 years to pass our hope to our kids,

And what do you think about 26 years old guy (lady) in the middle of group of teenager and there is random kids call them uncle or auntie?
FYI : I already used to be called uncle by some high schooler kids in my neighborhood, right know i still cant used to it (is my face that old?)
Now Loading.....
Aug 15, 2018 10:49 PM
May 2016
bondtux said:
ShyGuyDY said:

"I hope to pass my love of anime and video games onto my kids one day" I also hope so. But you know about our ages, it cost minimal more than 15 years to pass our hope to our kids,

And what do you think about 26 years old guy (lady) in the middle of group of teenager and there is random kids call them uncle or auntie?
FYI : I already used to be called uncle by some high schooler kids in my neighborhood, right know i still cant used to it (is my face that old?)

Lucky for me all my nieces and nephews are all little kids, so it's never come up. Also, I don't usually hang out with high school kids.
Aug 15, 2018 10:56 PM

Oct 2017
21 currently still trying to get through University and get my designation. Ultimately I have had by ups and downs with anime/manga. In high school I thought I was pretty much done with it but here I am back into it once again so at this point I think it is a permanent interest/hobby. I might drop it for awhile maybe even for years and once I get a job I probably will have less time for it but at the very least I know at this point that one day I will come crawling back to it.
Aug 15, 2018 10:58 PM

Jan 2018
I have only watched anime for 3 years so i'm so sure.I might have to stop watching it when i have kids because that's too embarassing.Nothing is forever as they said
Aug 15, 2018 10:59 PM
Apr 2016
I am 21, its been 4 years since i started watching anime and 2 years for manga. I still have tons of shows to watch and manga's to read and i dont like to leave things incomplete, so taking my pace into consideration i dont think i will ever leave anime and manga. I really want to see the endings of noragami, berserk, hxh, jojo, food wars, haikyuu etc and i will wait no matter how long it takes.
Aug 15, 2018 11:22 PM

Jul 2014
Legally an adult too, but oh boy I sure do love me some Japanese animations. Becoming an adult, having monthly expenses and all that, hasn't kept me from watching anime all that much and I don't see myself stopping soon. There is still so much I want to see.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Aug 15, 2018 11:26 PM

Nov 2013
If anime doesnt make you do anything wrong, why stop? It's just a hobby like many others. Some people out there may find it silly, but some will think the same about being a hardcore sports fan, being a metal fan or watching hungarian movies. If anything, more people in the near future will not think that they have to grow out of things, and the average age of gamers and anime watchers may rise and it will me more accepted.
Aug 15, 2018 11:51 PM

Dec 2010
Been watching anime for, shit, 24 years or so.

So yah, havn't really outgrown it.
Aug 16, 2018 12:01 AM

Dec 2016

Don't see what watching anime has to do with age? It's a form of entertainment, and to expect adults not to entertain themselves by adhering to what society deems as acceptable (or not), is dumb as fuck.
Aug 16, 2018 3:19 AM

Aug 2017
You're just as likely to outgrow watching anime as you are to grow out of doing pretty much anything, and it depends on how much you enjoy it compared to other things whether you grow out of it or not
Aug 16, 2018 3:26 AM

Aug 2018
Why would I outgrow anime or cartoons ever? This is such an old-fashioned point of view from the era when cartoons were just a distraction for little kids, so adults could do adult stuff in peace. As long as Japan keeps making good anime, then I have no reason to stop watching them. I do get pickier as I grow older, but there are still many decent shows coming out every year.
Aug 16, 2018 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
theillusionary said:
I'm 20 years old, so technically I'm an adult, but not in the "grown-up" sense. I live at home, I'm still in school and my parents pay for my education. As an anime fan, I'm surely not the only one in this position, as I have TONS of friends my age that enjoy anime.

This is a shout-out to those of you that are about the same age as or older than I am. Do you still think you will have anime as a hobby years from now? Do you think maybe you will out grow it? Did you think you would outgrow it yet but haven't?

To those that are younger than I am, do you fear that you may give up on/out grow anime?

*Obviously enjoying anime isn't subjective to any particular age group, it's just a matter of your new founded adulthood inhibiting you from enjoying it FYI.

I'm 20 and all my friends watch anime. We're all going to be anime fans for the entirety of our lives. We've spent so much of our teen years with anime all together that it's hard to imagine any of us giving it up.
Aug 16, 2018 3:41 AM

Aug 2018
I've been watching anime for over seven years, so I assume I'll still watch a show every now and then at least. I don't really consider anime to be a 'special' hobby, but part of my interest to watch tv-series in general. So as long as I like to watch stuff, there's a large chance anime will be part of that as well.
Aug 16, 2018 3:54 AM

Jan 2018
Adults watching anime. I hope this answers your question.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 58 minutes ago

9 by Dije »»
5 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

120 by FFandMMfan »»
6 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by Kenzolo-folk »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 1 hour ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 50 minutes ago

5 by Archean-Return »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.