Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2016 11:11 AM
Apr 2016
So there is the "Miran-hen" and this. So far as I understood chronologically correct order would be watching THIS one and then "Miran-hen", which leaves me wondering why are they releasing it simultaneously and how should I approach it? Appreciate the help.
Re:formed
Jul 12, 2016 11:27 AM
Jan 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
So there is the "Miran-hen" and this. So far as I understood chronologically correct order would be watching THIS one and then "Miran-hen", which leaves me wondering why are they releasing it simultaneously and how should I approach it? Appreciate the help.

It's because this story won't really affect Mirai-hen much, (as far as I know), since the focus on these characters won't be there, only briefy mentioned.

So basically both have a different cast and situation, so it should be easy to watch both simultaneously.

Personaly I'm watching each episode as it airs, so Mirai-hen then this.

If you haven't already I would play Danganronpa 2 before watching this, it's vital IMO, otherwise if you ever decide to play the games, it won't be as enjoyable.
Jul 12, 2016 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
This is the story of what happened up until the "The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History."

Is this sequel to the first Dangan Ronpa anime? I thought the Tragedy is before the first Dangan Ronpa anime.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 12, 2016 9:17 PM
Aug 2013
Danganronpa timeline...
but it contains some Spoiler.

Jul 13, 2016 12:37 AM

Jul 2014
Zapredon said:
This is the story of what happened up until the "The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History."

Is this sequel to the first Dangan Ronpa anime? I thought the Tragedy is before the first Dangan Ronpa anime.

no, this is a prequel of Danganronpa 2 (the game) and takes place before the entire series. Don't watch if you haven't played the games
Jul 13, 2016 12:48 AM

Aug 2008
vikki7783 said:
Zapredon said:

no, this is a prequel of Danganronpa 2 (the game) and takes place before the entire series. Don't watch if you haven't played the games

So it's a prequel to even the first anime?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 13, 2016 1:06 AM

Jul 2014
Zapredon said:
vikki7783 said:

So it's a prequel to even the first anime?

well in the timeline it takes place before it so yeah.
Jul 13, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2015
Its a prequel to DR1.
Before the remnants of despair became corrupted by Junko.
Jul 13, 2016 8:33 PM
Apr 2016
Zapredon said:

It a prequel to the 2nd game

Jul 13, 2016 11:13 PM

Mar 2016
I would reccomend you not to watch the video posted above, it could spoil you several points of the story.

Also, I think most questions can be answered if you read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4nydrl/psa_interested_in_watching_danganronpa_3_next/

Sightly long, but it explains the order you should take if you want to enjoy this series.

That being said, if things that are not anime isn't your thing, I don't think you'll be satisfied with this: Danganronpa is a great series that shines atop in its original games, and the adaptation of only the first game was extremely rushed and without character development, essential in a work with such unique personalities and a killing game as a story basis.

The 2nd game wasn't even adapted because they know it would had the same problems as the first; and believe me, you NEED to play the second game to understand both airing animes. These 2 series were made to close the history (to tie loosen ends and fill the people that love this series with even more despair).

As a fan of this series, I want other people to enjoy these works too, but I feel these two animes will bring even more confusion to the world of Danganronpa for that ones that only watch anime. Sorry for the long post!
Jul 14, 2016 3:49 AM

Aug 2009
I really like the idea of showing the FUTUREside AND DESPEARside simultaneously.
Anime-only viewers would get a story shrouded in mystery; what happen to the World, why is Naegi arrested, who are these terrible Remnants of Despair and how did they become like this. A whole lot will be explained in the Despair arc. Think as it like Question-arc and an Answer-arc :)

Long time fans will get a kick out of DESPEARside, we'll get a chance to see the characters we know and love animated schooldays.
Jul 15, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2015
If you need an explanation, look no further than the official Danganronpa timeline.

http://danganronpa-timeline.tumblr.com/
Jul 15, 2016 6:15 PM

Feb 2010
The first episode clearly made it clear that you should watch both simultaneously.
Jul 15, 2016 8:04 PM
Dec 2013
Vanisher said:
The first episode clearly made it clear that you should watch both simultaneously.

Yeah the first episode of the despair arc spoils the first episode of the future arc if you watch them in reverse.

I would say watch them Future then Despair as they're being shown.
Jul 16, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
Zapredon said:

There's two Tragedy events: the killing game in Hope Peak's Academy (before the first anime) and "The biggest, most awful, most tragic event in human history" that takes before Mirai-hen (the whole end of the world thing).

"No matter how miserable your life becomes, never let your heart become miserable as well."
Jul 19, 2016 1:28 AM

May 2012
stone616 said:
Vanisher said:

Yeah the first episode of the despair arc spoils the first episode of the future arc if you watch them in reverse.

I would say watch them Future then Despair as they're being shown.

How does it spoil the 1st episode ?! Did I miss something ?
Jul 19, 2016 3:48 AM
Mar 2012
braro432 said:

That being said, if things that are not anime isn't your thing, I don't think you'll be satisfied with this: Danganronpa is a great series that shines atop in its original games, and the adaptation of only the first game was extremely rushed and without character development, essential in a work with such unique personalities and a killing game as a story basis.

As a fan of this series, I want other people to enjoy these works too, but I feel these two animes will bring even more confusion to the world of Danganronpa for that ones that only watch anime.

I actually disagree on both these points. While I haven't started Zetsubo-hen myself I'm still an anime only viewer and I've enjoyed both the anime adaptation of the first game and Mirai-hen thus far and I don't find the latter all that confusing.

Yeah I've read the article on the wiki for the second game that summarizes the story but that isn't the same as playing the game. Hell Mirai-hen does a good job of explaining the current situation in its first episode so I'd argue you don't even need to play the second game to understand it. I've also heard from different fans that you can understand Zetsubo-hen without knowing the events of the second game though it's still recommended that you play it/follow a playthrough of it anyways. Which makes sense because it's a new cast for those whose only exposure to the franchise is the anime but even still that might not be a complete issue for those who can get used to a cast of characters very quickly.

Honestly? I'd say that you could watch Mirai-hen without playing the second game and that whether or not you should play it before watching Zetsubo-hen is entirely dependent on what kind of person you are.
Jul 20, 2016 2:26 AM

Jun 2013
Full timeline (CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS)
Copied from phone so excuse me if the image is broken.
Jul 20, 2016 6:28 AM
Jul 2016
Jason- said:
braro432 said:

As a fan of this series, I want other people to enjoy these works too, but I feel these two animes will bring even more confusion to the world of Danganronpa for that ones that only watch anime.

I actually disagree on both these points. While I haven't started Zetsubo-hen myself I'm still an anime only viewer and I've enjoyed both the anime adaptation of the first game and Mirai-hen thus far and I don't find the latter all that confusing.

Yeah I've read the article on the wiki for the second game that summarizes the story but that isn't the same as playing the game. Hell Mirai-hen does a good job of explaining the current situation in its first episode so I'd argue you don't even need to play the second game to understand it. I've also heard from different fans that you can understand Zetsubo-hen without knowing the events of the second game though it's still recommended that you play it/follow a playthrough of it anyways. Which makes sense because it's a new cast for those whose only exposure to the franchise is the anime but even still that might not be a complete issue for those who can get used to a cast of characters very quickly.

Honestly? I'd say that you could watch Mirai-hen without playing the second game and that whether or not you should play it before watching Zetsubo-hen is entirely dependent on what kind of person you are.

I'm sure that you didn't mean that comment as a sign of disrespect of not playing the game to understand the uniqueness of the series, it's not about a new set of cast it's about the story that continues on for the series, more people will be asking questions when they reveal things like this and it has happened and then people get frustrated and angry for their own lack of "research" will be the word I use, while I accept your opinion your argument is therefore lacking well for one the first episode caused more confusion then anything, some of the fans of had questions on wondering who the hell everybody was besides the "main group" and second the basis for it-is that you heard from other people that you can still understand it even if you don't play the 2nd game at all? It's not something like Pokemon where can you go, oh I can play Pokemon Ruby and then move straight onto Pokemon Black and White because well the story is different each time and there is no direct continuation in the games.

Mirai-hen explains it yes but not clearly enough because the anime is a direct conclusion to the series and for the fans who has been there since the beginning.

I had seen people asking: What's the tragedy? Who's Junko Enoshima? Who are the Remnants of Despair? What started it all? etc...

While it's fine for those that take the time to play/watch the games it's better for the full experience if you at least played the games.

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.