Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jul 13, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 2015
Woohoo! The lovely killing game has begun again! I'm so excited, I can't wait for the next episodes!
Jul 14, 2016 2:03 AM
Dec 2015
Reminds me of Zero Escape. Danga and Zero Escape. Combining the two together will be interesting.
Jul 14, 2016 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't played Danganronpa 2 but from what I know the protagonist and the rest of the 'alive' cast will be starring in Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen. I might just watch a YouTube video about the game since I don't have time to play it.

Overall, the first episode was okay. Yukizome might pull a Junko on us. Who knows.
臭い-
Jul 14, 2016 4:18 AM
Nov 2015
Someone tells me. Is it the 2nd season ? I mean, is it the sequel of the first season ?
Jul 14, 2016 4:26 AM

Mar 2013
xEzioAuditore said:
Someone tells me. Is it the 2nd season ? I mean, is it the sequel of the first season ?

It's a sequel to Danganronpa 2, which is a game. Danganronpa 2 does not have an anime. Go play the game.
Jul 14, 2016 5:31 AM

Jun 2016
If they want to know Danganronpa 2 If they can t or don t want to play the game .

Here where I read it and I don t play game http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Danganronpa_2:_Goodbye_Despair#Chapters

Jul 14, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2014
Compared to the 2 prequels, which did a good job with gender balancing, this cast doesn't have enough girls... and one of them's already been killed off, so now it's like 10 males, 5 females :(

They better kill off at least 3 guys now before killing off another girl.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Jul 14, 2016 5:46 AM

Jan 2013
Kirigiri50 said:
If they want to know Danganronpa 2 If they can t or don t want to play the game .

Here where I read it and I don t play game http://danganronpa.wikia.com/wiki/Danganronpa_2:_Goodbye_Despair#Chapters

or they can watch the game on you tube since chapter 6 is the most important and on wiki its hardly covered
Jul 14, 2016 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
Am I the only one here that suspects Ruruka?

#PutRurukaInAMeatGrinder
Persona!
Jul 14, 2016 7:12 AM

Jun 2013
Bandai has a really creepy voice
Jul 14, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2014
Oh so in SideDespair Chisa is the "main" character and a "dead" Chisa tells us the story of the 77th class. Really interesting!
Jul 14, 2016 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
Here we go again. I like how they're coinciding two arcs at once, I wonder if they'll tie into each other at the end.

OP was disappointingly generic for Danganronpa though.
Jul 14, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
I am really just hoping the 4 characters from 1 that made it somehow pull through on this one, but i feel like kirigiri and asahina wont.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 14, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty great premiere. I already really like Munakata & Great Gozu and I *love* Bandai. Anytime he said anything I just had a big grin on my face. Really hoping Kyoko makes it through this, the other three returning I don't care as much about (like, I like them except maybe Yasuhiro but I wouldn't be too bothered by there deaths, especially Makoto since his would likely serve a great purpose at the end game [though I don't actually expect him to die]).

Still pretty livid about Byakuya not being in this, though he'll probably play some role down the line, savior perhaps? Also really hope Ultra Despair Girls doesn't wind up being too necessary to understanding this, since I haven't played that one yet.
Jul 14, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
completely baseless theory i just pulled out of my ass, but maybe hagakure somehow got into the building, found out chiya was the traitor and killed her to protect everyone.

I pulled that completely out of my ass so dont take it too seriously, i dont think hagakure can even be smart enough to kill anyone

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 14, 2016 4:38 PM
Apr 2016
Toshibe said:
Shumin said:
Can I watch the anime without its prequel

No.
You must watch the first season "Danganronpa" or play it. (PSVita/Steam)
You must play Danganronpa 2 (PSVita/Steam).
Also is very recommended play Danganronpa Another Episode.
AzureAceOfficial said:
I have some sort of feeling that maybe even Munakata is the traitor.

Tengan says at the start that the building is under Munakata's control AND that he built it. Also you have to wonder, what was Munakata doing while everyone was in the meeting room? We're going to have to assume that the security guards were killed before the attack. Naegi, Kirigiri, Hagakure and Asahina were outside at the time when they were all in the meeting room, Ryota hadn't arrived yet. So what was Munakata doing? Also Chisa looked like she was heavily crying, could that mean it was someone very close to her? A.K.A Munakata?

So, I must play the game? The prequel of the anime isn't enough?
Jul 14, 2016 5:35 PM

Aug 2010
Toshibe said:
I notice something strange in the first episode of DR3 Future, when chisa dead body is discovered the pollution noise sound not appears, also Chisa mention that she was teacher of 77th class, right?.
Then if Nanami was classmate with the 77th class kids in the real life and inside of the NWP, then we could be said that monomi "the self-proclaimed teacher of 77th class in the NWP" actually is Yukizome Chisa?
what do you think?

PS; Maybe tomorrow is revelated that Chisa was teacher of class 77th.

Maybe she was unable to save the kids of despair and for this reason she feel culprit and start to listen only it that munakata says, and this can explain why monomi appear during the ending of DR2 game.

Nice logical theory.
Jul 14, 2016 9:38 PM

Nov 2015
I didn't know what the fuck is going on! I haven't watched / played any of Danganronpa games/shows

What should I do?

(I'm not a gamer so if you say play Danganronpa 2 I'm not going to lmao)

Jul 15, 2016 1:50 AM

Mar 2015
Wow, loved seeing everyone again. Especially Mikan...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 15, 2016 1:51 AM

Jul 2014
xull said:
I didn't know what the fuck is going on! I haven't watched / played any of Danganronpa games/shows

What should I do?

Watch a lets play.
"Hi!"
Jul 15, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2013
RED BLOOD

Also not keen for Asahina's inevitable death. :'(
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Jul 15, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2015
Yehart said:
xull said:

What should I do?

Watch a lets play.

Oh god thank you! I will watch a recap or a lets play after I finish Danganronpa 1.

Jul 15, 2016 11:11 AM

Oct 2014
kyaaaaaaaa~ This is so hype, really enjoyed seeing the despairs again oh mannnnnnnnnn
also looks like the people who created the virtual reality are in the group.
Jul 16, 2016 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
The opening and the ending are good. It was awesome when Monokuma appeared. Just a little bad that they changed the seiyuu (they had no other choice).
Already one character is dead and the blood is red. I'm looking forward to this new game !
Jul 16, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2014
grymdylan said:
Also not keen for Asahina's inevitable death. :'(

Asahina will live or we riot.
Jul 16, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2012
4/5 for me.

Since I did not play the game, I had to read the whole SDR2 on the wiki to understand the happenings in this episode. I guess I have to watch a playthrough of the game later too.

I did have my suspicions that Chisa would die, but I did not expect it to be this early. Awwww you poor cutipie :(

I wonder who the traitor is? I do hope its not Naegi or Kirigiri since I've grown attached to them...OP shows a Kirigiri death flag though 😢

Loved the OP and ED!
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Jul 16, 2016 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
hikikoMOURI said:
4/5 for me.

Since I did not play the game, I had to read the whole SDR2 on the wiki to understand the happenings in this episode. I guess I have to watch a playthrough of the game later too.

I did have my suspicions that Chisa would die, but I did not expect it to be this early. Awwww you poor cutipie :(

I wonder who the traitor is? I do hope its not Naegi or Kirigiri since I've grown attached to them...OP shows a Kirigiri death flag though 😢

Don t trust the op opening The creators just doing it to scare as Their is also Op opening with naegi shooting his head. Its Just opening

Loved the OP and ED!
hikikoMOURI said:
4/5 for me.

Loved the OP and ED!

Don t trust the op opening The creators just doing it to scare as Their is also Op opening with naegi shooting his head. Its Just opening I don t think Its foreshadowing anything.

Jul 16, 2016 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Am I the only one who thinks there's no way they're killing Kirigiri solely because of the OP?

She's the one who is shown the most there, it would be too weird for them to kill her off, she's also the one narrating the intro.

What I can see though is Kirigiri finding a way to fake her death and work behind screen and appearing later on or dying in the last case like some sort of sacrifice, but definitely not being killed in the middle of the series.
Jul 16, 2016 4:19 PM

Jun 2016
-ZET- said:
Am I the only one who thinks there's no way they're killing Kirigiri solely because of the OP?

She's the one who is shown the most there, it would be too weird for them to kill her off, she's also the one narrating the intro.

What I can see though is Kirigiri finding a way to fake her death and work behind screen and appearing later on or dying in the last case like some sort of sacrifice, but definitely not being killed in the middle of the series.

No you are the only one pal I think the same She been in this series far too long and the most develop character alongside Naegi To die.

Jul 16, 2016 5:48 PM

May 2012
Kirigiri50 said:
hikikoMOURI said:
4/5 for me.

Don t trust the op opening The creators just doing it to scare as Their is also Op opening with naegi shooting his head. Its Just opening

Loved the OP and ED!
hikikoMOURI said:
4/5 for me.

Loved the OP and ED!

Don t trust the op opening The creators just doing it to scare as Their is also Op opening with naegi shooting his head. Its Just opening I don t think Its foreshadowing anything.

I don't think she'll be killed in the middle of the story, but there's a huge possibility she'll be dead when the show ends. Naegi didn't catch her when she was falling in the OP after all. That's the flag I'm talking about.
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Jul 17, 2016 8:36 AM

Oct 2012
Af, they killed off Yukizome already!?
*cries in a corner*
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 17, 2016 9:39 AM
Apr 2016
The one with the afro has to be the most adorable thing ever. I snorted while chuckling at the voice he had. Too cute.

.... Please don't die or be the traitor. :(
Jul 17, 2016 12:16 PM

Jun 2016
hikikoMOURI said:
Kirigiri50 said:

I don't think she'll be killed in the middle of the story, but there's a huge possibility she'll be dead when the show ends. Naegi didn't catch her when she was falling in the OP after all. That's the flag I'm talking about.

Like I said It just Opening people shouldn t take It as much as foreshadowing Happens In the series not In the opening.

Jul 17, 2016 10:14 PM

Jun 2011
Kinda late to ask but can I watch this series (Mirai-hen & Zetsubou-hen) without playing Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls & read Danganronpa/Zero? I already watch the first season (didn't play the game though), played Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, read Danganronpa IF & Makoto Naegi's Worst Day Ever.
Jul 18, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2009
@Ruri-san , yeah that's just fine :) Most important is the main DR1 and DR2
Jul 18, 2016 6:17 AM

May 2013
Chisa is a very important character that's why she's killed first. She is Munakata's number one supporter. She also is one of the greatest obstacles of the Remnants of Despair cause if she and Naegi managed to combine forces, they would turn the tide of despair and hope without killing. She's super strong and skilled so the chances of her getting killed by someone else other than one of the Remnants of Despair is low. I think there are at least 2 traitors among the Future Foundation members in the building. She probably died protecting Munekata and the others but she tried to persuade the remnants of despair.
Jul 19, 2016 3:57 AM

Jun 2016
I MISSED THIS SERIES SO MUCH!
so glad they kept familiar faces like the guy with the crystal ball. I am in a love hate relationship with this particular season as i was really happy when my favourite character survived, but now they throw her back into the danger. (asahina)
Jul 19, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2008
OK now I'm really confused? did something happened in the middle of S1?
Why suddenly so many new characters?
I thought only 5 of them are remaining?
is this really the sequel of Dangan of 2013??!?
3/5.

Jul 19, 2016 8:24 PM

Aug 2014
Never played DR2, I'm so lost. Wtf happened between the anime and this lol
Jul 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
matias067 said:
3/5.

It's a sequel to video games not the anime adaptation.
Jul 20, 2016 8:05 AM
May 2016
gmgkng said:
Is it just me or does this Mitarai Ryouta guy resemble Chiaki or Byakuya. Anyway he seems a little suspicious...

Because he is the former Ultimate Animator and I guess he was the person who animated this stupid anime...
..okay jk
Jul 20, 2016 8:16 AM
May 2016
Be in confusion over past weeks because I didn't play the second game.
I don't even know there is no season 2 at all and I feel so stupid.
And I desperately looking for spoilers and walkthrough of the second game. And yes, I was in despair for not being able to watch DR3 thanks to whoever decided not to make season 2.

Thanks to Wikia, after a lot of 'research', yes, I am able to understand the story so far. But then again, I fell in despair but I am not regretting this
Jul 20, 2016 8:17 AM
May 2016
The_Chosen_One23 said:

I recommend you to read wikia for spoilers
Jul 20, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
anohimenome said:
The_Chosen_One23 said:

Thanks will do! Seems like some craziness happened haha
Jul 21, 2016 8:56 AM

May 2013
Vsegda7 said:
matias067 said:
3/5.

It's a sequel to both though. The new characters are the survivors outside that banded together to fight Junko's Despair campaign and the cast of Danganronpa 2 . Coincidentally, they are all from Hope's Peak Academy.
Jul 21, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2015
DarkwindJR said:
Vsegda7 said:

It's a sequel to both though. The new characters are the survivors outside that banded together to fight Junko's Despair campaign and the cast of Danganronpa 2 . Coincidentally, they are all from Hope's Peak Academy.

Not really. With first anime only mirai-hen at least makes no sense.
Jul 21, 2016 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
The anime was definitely made for all the hardcore DR fans who have seen all the other anime, games, etc. I can see why people definitely wont appreciate the anime as much if they havent played the second game, as the first episode doesnt even bother to summarise the second game (i wouldnt really want them to anyway, personally), so does little for viewers who only watch the DR anime(s), or havent seen anything DR before.

I really like the opening, way more than i liked the opening of the first DR series, and am loving the fact that they got rid of the pink blood, it shows that this series is definitely more mature than the first, and I found that the neon pink blood is really jarring for the entire ambience of the series, and if you think about it you can reason that it also shows maturation of the characters. Also the I like the animation, i think its way better quality than the first DR series (at least in the episode), so I am very excited for the episodes to come!

I was also really curious about yukizome as a character, especially when i saw she wore a labcoat but used to be super highschool level maid? but oh welp! nvm lmao

Also this is really long but whatever. I've never done this before, so please be nice! <3
Jul 22, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2015
Why did my fave have to die first nooooo...

I miss her and the pink blood already,but still the episode was fine.
Jul 23, 2016 9:33 PM
Jun 2016
I DONT UNDERSTAN NOTHING BECAUSE I HAVENT PLAY THE GAME
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 9:35 PM
Jun 2016
The_Chosen_One23 said:
anohimenome said:

Thanks will do! Seems like some craziness happened haha
guest that I do the same...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

473 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

285 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

281 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

499 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.