Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2010 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The drama.....seriously i agree with tamakis dad- his plan was great; and it worked. Forget the grandma and live happily already.
Jan 23, 2010 8:37 AM

Oct 2009
OMG... that was more than fantastic... that was brilliant! Absolutely best chapter... I'm soo happy because of Anne's arrived... can't wait for Tamaki's face when he'll see her >D
But I feel a bit sorry for Tamaki's grandmother... but just a little, I've hated her for too long time.

I can't wait for new chapter... >.<
Jan 23, 2010 11:35 AM

Dec 2008
So, we know that Tamaki is the biggest idiot we had ever known, he is even sorry for that damn grand mother!
Haruhi, confessing, yeah, right. Like that would happen :(
I feel like we're really close to the ending, even Tama-chan's mother is here...
Jan 23, 2010 3:51 PM

Jun 2009
OMG OMG OMG!!
That was one of the best chapters I've ever read!!
Anne-san came and whoa Kyouya, you're so damn right and Tamaki,I really understand how you feel but but but o__O she deserved O__O

I really can't wait for 2 more months
Since there is no Ouran in February T_T
I was like having and heart attack when I was reading this chapter T_T
... and I'm still excited,nervous[all of my emotions gathered together]
Omg! I become an OTAKU!! O__O

OK I'm finished...

T_T
サービスサービス
Jan 24, 2010 6:41 AM

Oct 2009
Wait X___x why there won't be Ouran in Feb? No, no, no! T_T I can't wait sooo long! >.<
Jan 24, 2010 8:04 AM

Nov 2007
Eh~? no Ouran on Feb?

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 24, 2010 9:37 AM

Aug 2007
How would confessing to Tamaki help things Hikaru? It doesn't make sense to me...

Also: ANGST ANGST ANGST (gotta love the angst)

Tamaki crying was so sad. T_T
Jan 24, 2010 12:46 PM

Mar 2008
Wow. What an amazing chapter. It nearly brought me to tears, when Kyouya (rightly) yelled.

MORE!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2010 2:59 PM

Oct 2007
Actually on the last page it sais that Ouran will make a special appearance on Lala Dx3, which is out on the 10/2 (February 10th)
So we might see more sooner than you think.
Jan 24, 2010 4:11 PM

Nov 2007
Hmmm well I actually feel what the President tried to accomplish was to try and help Tamaki despite using him, but I wonder if the return of Tamaki's mother or Haruhi's confession will break him out of his depression right now.
Jan 24, 2010 4:24 PM

Jan 2008
meh~! that was a mean thing that tamaki's dad did... sure, i get why at the end of it all but, to do it that harshly? DX damn the wait of two months... that better mean some tamaharu development D<
Jan 24, 2010 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
Aennlin said:
I'm having really mixed feelings. The way Tamaki's dad did things was harsh (though he pulled it off awesomely) and I feel a little sorry for the grandmother, but I don't know. I think the club was pretty harsh with how they reacted towards the father, too. Tamaki needs to get out of this slump of his and stop being too nice.

Summed up what I think.
Nononono, my OTP D: Every little hope for Hikaru/Haruhi =destroyed. DAMN.
Also, Kyouya took a level in hot-blooded xD I never expected him to.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 24, 2010 5:04 PM

Feb 2008
Finally an exciting chapter. Loved seeing Kyouya get angry <3
Jan 24, 2010 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
Can't wait for the next chapter. Things are getting interesting by now.
Jan 24, 2010 6:33 PM
Jan 2008
yay!!! closer to a confession! and a beautiful ending
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Jan 24, 2010 7:20 PM

Aug 2007
That page of Tamaki crying... ;______________;

Jan 24, 2010 8:34 PM
May 2008
hmm looks like we are getting really close to the end.
and while Tamaki's dad was made to seem like the bad guy, Tamaki was hoping for the ideal scenario which would have been impossible, so this is the next best case.

but yeah we're getting closer to a confession!
(it only took almost 80 chapters...)

I hope now that the drama is basically over, we'll have more humour soon :)
Jan 24, 2010 10:14 PM

Oct 2007
This chapter's very emotional. Man, poor Tamaki. I find that Tamaki working so hard to have a family that he wanted to only have his father ruin it for him. I don't blame his father, but still, Tamaki isn't happy. He only wants his grandmother to accept him. I still think there's more to this family drama.

Haruhi finally confesses, but still halfway there :)
Jan 25, 2010 1:04 AM

Aug 2007
More drama ahead! \o/
Wow, seriously, I loved this chapter. So much emotions, several things were finally cleared, Hikaru told Haruki to tell Tamaki about her feelings and Anne arrived.

I can't wait for the next chapter. >.< I'm looking foward to Haruhi's confession the most. :D
Jan 25, 2010 1:14 AM

Nov 2009
I feel sorry for both the father and the son wven the grandma
all of them has a way of thinking and was disappointed :(
I know that she somehow deserve it but she worked so hard for it though

really I want Haruhi to confess to Tono he would be very delighted but I don't think it is the time for that right now

as for Tamaki seeing his mother he looks like he won't be that happy :(
Jan 25, 2010 5:04 AM

Jul 2009
The actions of the characters don't seem too natural.

I liked this chapter however I don't think that Yuzuru is "the bad guy" .

Also, can't wait for the next chapter. I think it will be even more shocking :)

Jan 25, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2008
I'm sorry, but I think that the Host Club and Tamaki are acting really childish over the entire matter. Tamaki's father has been unhappy for years, being stuck in a loveless marriage, having the woman he truly loves kept away from him, and having his own son looked down by his mother. His mother deserved her treatment fair and square. Her power over him has been taken away, that's all. If she wasn't so full of pride, she would forgive him and retire with grace. Who cares if it's her husband's company? It's also the company of her son's father. Tamaki's father may have "used" Tamaki in his plans, but if he didn't Tamaki still would have been in France, never seeing his father and not inheriting what is rightfully his and Anne would never have been reunited with her husband before she died.

tl;dr version: The Host Club needs to stuff it and think of the big picture and long term events.

BEGINNER
Jan 25, 2010 10:01 AM

Aug 2007
It's pretty much known that you act childish when you have your feelings hurt, so it isn't surprising that Kyouya actued like that. Still, I expected more of him. At least Haruhi kept her cool.

Finally, Anne!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 25, 2010 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
Boardroom battle!!!! That letter of attorney really finished it off. She's harsh, but Tamaki's grandmother certainly achieved great things... but then how she treated them...
vertrag said:
That page of Tamaki crying... ;______________;
Agreed ;_; But what really got me was Kyouya, good character development this chapter.
Jan 25, 2010 12:42 PM
Dec 2007
next week's is going to feel really good :) i can't wait!!!!
but like many people are saying, i'm thinking OHSHC is coming to an end TT~TT noooooooooo
i hope haruhi confesses next chp too but i think that will be too much content for one chp, so maybe not (awww)
Jan 25, 2010 8:17 PM

Dec 2007
Not surprising that Tamaki would suffer to that extent due to either high emphaty or seeing his dream family shattered, but for Kyouya to snap lika that at Tamaki's father... man, I didn't saw it coming.
Jan 25, 2010 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
it's just that tamaki is too innocent! if you look at it from tamaki's point of view (i mean, from all the things kyouya said) he really does look like he was fooled by his father, although i do agree with a lot of people here that tamaki's papa's move was way too awesome! i mean, he really got off the pressure of his mom from his AND tamaki's shoulders! But come on, i think that kind of punch was what it took gramma to open HER eyes, i mean, she stepped out of her room in the middle of her depression just for tama's music! AND she even spoke to him! like... a person! tama's gonna have his moment with his gramma i hope, and OMG his mom's finally back!!! plus, hikaru and haruhi's final hope, and the thought of haruhi's confession...

gaaahh too many things happening @_@
Jan 26, 2010 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
KYAAAAAAAAAAAA FANGIRL MOMENT WHEN HARUHI CONFESSED TO HIKARU. :D

And also when Kyouya spilled his feelings out, it was so true that the headmaster used Tamaki as a pawn, that he didn't even realise it himself.

NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 26, 2010 8:51 PM

Dec 2009
adamantine said:
I'm sorry, but I think that the Host Club and Tamaki are acting really childish over the entire matter. Tamaki's father has been unhappy for years, being stuck in a loveless marriage, having the woman he truly loves kept away from him, and having his own son looked down by his mother. His mother deserved her treatment fair and square.

True! Shizue was bullying Tamaki's father for years. She broke up his family! If she's a little upset right now, she earned it. She's the one that has some making up to do.

...that being said, I still enjoyed seeing Kyouya all worked up :3
Jan 27, 2010 5:41 PM
Sep 2009
man!! dis chapter was surprisingly emotional n tense!! luv how kyouya started screamin!! :)
Jan 30, 2010 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
I kind of liked it when Tamaki's grandmother called his playing beautiful...

Well, very intense chapter. Lots of different emotions packed into it. I think I knew Haruhi would obviously end up with Tamaki, but still... I really like Hikaru. D: Aw well. He's so strong.
Feb 1, 2010 1:51 PM

Apr 2009
Love Kyouya.

I don't know whether I should be sad that Hatori finally crushed the last hopes for Hikaru/Haruhi, or glad they she finally stopped teasing us.
Anyway, I will be preparing a barf bag for the Haruhi/Tamaki confession. :\

Hope that the special chapter in lala dx will be something interesting involving the other hosts, or even some of the background characters. I'm all Tamaki-d out, tbqh.
Feb 10, 2010 9:21 PM

Feb 2008
......................................mixed feelings
Feb 13, 2010 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
Tamaki's dad did whats best for tamaki, however, his methods are very rugged. I really liked that haruhi finally admits that she loves tamaki.
Mar 4, 2010 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
Any sympathy I may have had for Tamaki's grandmother evaporated a long, long time ago. I'm glad we have an explanation of where she's coming from now, but I still think the way she treated her grandson is wrong. I believe that Tamaki's father made the right decision by HIS family; that being Tamaki, Anne and himself.

I'm glad that Anne is here now. Things are moving along quickly, which is good, especially if Haruhi's 'confession' will come into it soon (which I doubt, but I can hope!)

[白恋] [] [?] [LJ] [DA] [MDL]
Aug 29, 2010 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
Seeing Kyouya lose his cool made me freak out a little inside.

I've now noticed just how much cuter Haruhi is with specs and the old man jumper! 100x cuter than when she's wearing the uniform and contacts.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 7, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
man this chapter made me cry :'(
Jun 22, 2021 2:13 PM

Jan 2021
So many things happening!! T_T
Jul 13, 2021 4:31 PM
Mar 2021
she got what she deserved tbh
Mar 8, 2022 8:46 AM
Jul 2020
ilikeyouevenmore said:
adamantine said:
I'm sorry, but I think that the Host Club and Tamaki are acting really childish over the entire matter. Tamaki's father has been unhappy for years, being stuck in a loveless marriage, having the woman he truly loves kept away from him, and having his own son looked down by his mother. His mother deserved her treatment fair and square.

True! Shizue was bullying Tamaki's father for years. She broke up his family! If she's a little upset right now, she earned it. She's the one that has some making up to do.

...that being said, I still enjoyed seeing Kyouya all worked up :3

Alllll of this.

The Grandma was clearly abusive so I don’t blame Yuzuru for taking her down. He wanted to break the cycle so he took drastic measures to ensure a better life for Anne and Tamaki. The Host Club is not gonna see the bigger picture since they are young teenagers who don’t understand, but they definitely went overboard retaliating towards Yuzuru. They’re thinking about money and Tamaki’s relationship with his Grandma when that’s not entirely the case. Regardless where Tamaki lived, whether it’d be France or Japan, something like this would’ve happened. It’s tricky when there’s a separation of family; no matter who it is. One of Tamaki’s parents would’ve been retaliated on. Yuzuru’s intentions were NOT to use Tamaki, but how else would he make sure Tamaki could have a good life without the repercussions from his Grandma? Tamaki’s fantasy of having a close family is unrealistic when so much damage has been done. The Grandma did a lot of damage that Tamaki is refusing to see, especially when she has been abusive to Tamaki as well! Perhaps ignorance is bliss, but I sincerely hope he can wake the fuck up and be grateful that his father prevented him from a life time of misery.
azenobioApr 18, 2022 6:36 AM

More topics from this board

» How is the manga compared to the anime?

AoiroBlueColor - Sep 20, 2023

2 by andreapepsii »»
Sep 21, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 87 Discussion

CalmTeaTime - Jun 22, 2021

1 by celerysucks »»
Sep 17, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 10 Discussion

Vaiketime2025 - May 4, 2016

3 by cringey-gay-zyte »»
Jun 21, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » Ouran High School Host Club Chapter 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 22, 2009

6 by removed-user »»
Mar 21, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Ouran Koukou Host Club Chapter 16 Discussion

Vaiketime2025 - May 13, 2016

3 by azenobio »»
Mar 19, 2023 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.