Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (77) « First ... « 63 64 [65] 66 67 » ... Last »
May 22, 2017 12:33 PM

Apr 2017
Felt nice to see this Juve squad become Le6ends! 6 straight league titles. If we can get a CL win too that would be insane!
May 22, 2017 1:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This was pretty funny

May 22, 2017 1:53 PM

Nov 2016
1017 said:
OBruxo said:
I am so, so ecstatic that Madrid won their 33rd League Title. That Ronaldo goal was purely brilliant, and I've had a lot of fun yesterday at the bar I went to to watch the match. Now, to focus our attention on Juventus and Cardiff... HALA MADRID!

go and support a real club you poof

But, this is my club I support. I've supported this team since 2010. Whatchu talkin' about?
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 22, 2017 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
HaXXspetten said:
This was pretty funny

Top kek, he just stood there and he was like "Here we go..."
May 22, 2017 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
OBruxo said:
1017 said:

go and support a real club you poof

But, this is my club I support. I've supported this team since 2010. Whatchu talkin' about?

it's just b4nter like >supporting a team that wins
May 22, 2017 2:27 PM

Mar 2016
@Haxxspetten

Even more funnier stuff. Carvajal called out Pique during celebrations with the fans saying that a punk like him ought to salute Real Madrid, the winners. gosh Carvajal really did the least he could do to that fucker who spends his time on twitter talking about Real Madrid.
May 22, 2017 3:57 PM

Nov 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
@Haxxspetten

Even more funnier stuff. Carvajal called out Pique during celebrations with the fans saying that a punk like him ought to salute Real Madrid, the winners. gosh Carvajal really did the least he could do to that fucker who spends his time on twitter talking about Real Madrid.

I remember them saying "Piqué, cabrón, saluda al campeón". (Lit. "Pique, you bastard, salute the campions.")

That is one of my favorite chants from Madrid. Serves Pique right for being a shit talker that's on his Twitter constantly, rather than trying to defend well like he's supposed to.
May 23, 2017 1:27 PM

May 2014
OBruxo said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:
@Haxxspetten

I remember them saying "Piqué, cabrón, saluda al campeón". (Lit. "Pique, you bastard, salute the campions.")

That is one of my favorite chants from Madrid. Serves Pique right for being a shit talker that's on his Twitter constantly, rather than trying to defend well like he's supposed to.

Couldn't be more true
May 24, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Hope Ajax wins today but I can't see that happening :/

Ooh Smalling is starting
removed-userMay 24, 2017 10:57 AM
May 24, 2017 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
COME ON AJAX!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT LET ME DOWN
May 24, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
GO AJAX, FOUR UCL TICKETS FOR EPL TEAMS ARE ENOUGH #ComeOnYouAjax
May 24, 2017 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
United will win because Ajax are breaking the unspoken rule about black goalkeepers.
May 24, 2017 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
WAKE UP AJAX YOU TWATS
May 24, 2017 12:06 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sasuga deflection-chan

Typical
May 24, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
FUCK YOU AJAX ........... AWFUL THROW
May 24, 2017 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Tielemans to Monaco, couldn't think of a better club for him tbh, great signing
ChampMay 24, 2017 12:18 PM
May 24, 2017 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
don't worry about the goal
drawchester united will probably let in an equalizer in 2nd half
May 24, 2017 12:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty boring finals thus far tbh
May 24, 2017 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
fags getting btfo by brave english longballs.
May 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2011
It's Man U playing ofc its boring
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
May 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Pretty boring finals thus far tbh

it's a mourinho team and they're winning, what did you expect? Exciting football?
May 24, 2017 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
This has been awfully boring for a cup final.

100% sure this ends 1-0 with Mourinho park bus and hoofball tactics.
May 24, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2011
2-1 United after extra time
SWFC

May 24, 2017 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
Nah, Ajax will crumble in the second half.
May 24, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
RIP Ajax
Guess they won't sack Mourinho
May 24, 2017 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
did i say extra time? I meant normal time
SWFC

May 24, 2017 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Bai ajax and goodnight guys, and fuck united.
May 24, 2017 1:12 PM

Jan 2017
ManUre is delaying Europa League next Season for atleast 4 months. Guess we'll wait for them in the EL K.O stages in February 2018.

Edit: Mourinho should be banned from football for this snooze fest. Boring Guy, boring football, boring club.
zumacMay 24, 2017 1:26 PM
May 24, 2017 1:40 PM

Jul 2014
United have completely outplayed Ajax tbh.
Congrats to them.
May 24, 2017 1:40 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I was doing homework with the stream on in the background

I'm willing to say the homework was actually the more entertaining of the two :/

But gratz to United I guess, was clearly the better team tonight even if they turned the game into a snoozefest
May 24, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2014
what a Snoozefest.
May 24, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
Kek when United's bench ran into the pitch at the end, everybody on crutches.

Ajax full of some youngins, oldest guy in their team is like 24, no way they can handle a final and the pressure of it.

But it is what it is I guess.
May 24, 2017 2:32 PM

Mar 2016
Congratulation to Manchester United on winning the Europa League.
Welcome back to UCL also.
Another reason to win CL title this year is to have a nice match againt united in uefa super cup.
Shishou_23May 24, 2017 2:35 PM
May 24, 2017 5:00 PM

Jul 2016
Another hipster club choked.

Ajax, Dortmund, Monaco, Napoli, and such clubs will play the most beautiful football when up against smaller clubs yet when they actually faced big clubs, they stumbled.

This, again, proves @DateYutaka 's obsession with youth players can't be applied to club of United's stature. United should be like Madrid or Bayern.

New contract for Zlatan. Sign Griezmann and Varane.
May 24, 2017 7:56 PM
Mar 2011
otterman965 said:
Another hipster club choked.

Ajax, Dortmund, Monaco, Napoli, and such clubs will play the most beautiful football when up against smaller clubs yet when they actually faced big clubs, they stumbled.

This, again, proves @DateYutaka 's obsession with youth players can't be applied to club of United's stature. United should be like Madrid or Bayern.

New contract for Zlatan. Sign Griezmann and Varane.

Class of 92 im ot prmot e form wih in like the class of 92 ideal
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 24, 2017 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
Voidd said:
what a Snoozefest.

Frostbytes said:

Rarely are Finals End to End fabulous football. Especially after the week we had in Manchester, Mourinho was not going to allow United to make mistakes so they could bring the trophy home.

And tbh I will take us playing a tactically well worked snoozefest to win a trophy over finishing 2nd - 5th playing wonderful football while winning absolutely nothing. Entertaining football is great to watch such as Liverpool this year, but sometimes it simply does not win you trophies.
May 25, 2017 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
RychesShadows said:
Voidd said:
what a Snoozefest.

Frostbytes said:

Rarely are Finals End to End fabulous football. Especially after the week we had in Manchester, Mourinho was not going to allow United to make mistakes so they could bring the trophy home.

And tbh I will take us playing a tactically well worked snoozefest to win a trophy over finishing 2nd - 5th playing wonderful football while winning absolutely nothing. Entertaining football is great to watch such as Liverpool this year, but sometimes it simply does not win you trophies.

Well next season United is in UCL, I am absolutely sure playing this football won't even get you out of the group stages and not more than sixth place in EPL. Maybe tinpot cup like league cup can be a go. United was lucky to have an easier run in in this EL compared to Liverpool last time, even celta could have knocked them out if not Guidetti embarrassed himself. I guess summer will be a busy time for them.
May 25, 2017 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:

Well next season United is in UCL, I am absolutely sure playing this football won't even get you out of the group stages and not more than sixth place in EPL. Maybe tinpot cup like league cup can be a go.

I remember people saying that Ajax would school us because of the style of football we play.
Mourinho has won 2 Europa Leagues/Uefa Cups and 2 Champions Leagues playing the same way. He went to the team proclaimed to be the best ever in Barcelona playing that football and got past them in the Champions League.
Every team needs a bit of luck in there favour sometimes. What United win next year or how they will do who knows? But this has been a poor season and we have 2 trophies. Imagine us actually being able to finish off teams :O (also it only becomes tinpot when United win it for some reason. When someone elses team wins it, then it all of a sudden counts......)
May 25, 2017 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
RychesShadows said:
Frostbytes said:

Well next season United is in UCL, I am absolutely sure playing this football won't even get you out of the group stages and not more than sixth place in EPL. Maybe tinpot cup like league cup can be a go.

I remember people saying that Ajax would school us because of the style of football we play.
Mourinho has won 2 Europa Leagues/Uefa Cups and 2 Champions Leagues playing the same way. He went to the team proclaimed to be the best ever in Barcelona playing that football and got past them in the Champions League.
Every team needs a bit of luck in there favour sometimes. What United win next year or how they will do who knows? But this has been a poor season and we have 2 trophies. Imagine us actually being able to finish off teams :O .

I don't think so. Yes I saw people rooting hard for Ajax, but everyone knew the reality, Ajax has a weak defence which was exposed many times and they are really a young bunch of players. In serious talks, I saw people talking about United winning it comfortably.

He has but those teams were much better, I remember that Inter team of Mourinho parking the bus in that final but that had much more quality than this United team. If there was Sevilla in place of Ajax, I think the result could have been different.

I m not taking anything away from Mourinho since he exactly knew how this final would go about but tbh if he keeps the almost same team and faces the UCL teams which has a huge jump in quality from EL, they won't progress much, same goes for epl if the don't sort out their finishing and creativity.
May 25, 2017 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
[

I don't think so. Yes I saw people rooting hard for Ajax, but everyone knew the reality, Ajax has a weak defence which was exposed many times and they are really a young bunch of players. In serious talks, I saw people talking about United winning it comfortably.

He has but those teams were much better, I remember that Inter team of Mourinho parking the bus in that final but that had much more quality than this United team. If there was Sevilla in place of Ajax, I think the result could have been different.

I m not taking anything away from Mourinho since he exactly knew how this final would go about but tbh if he keeps the almost same team and faces the UCL teams which has a huge jump in quality from EL, they won't progress much, same goes for epl if the don't sort out their finishing and creativity.

I'll have to go get my twitter feed up and recall the many people i found proclaiming how United were going to get whacked xD .

Organised defences get you results and trophies. Chelsea had 10 men against Barcelona with Di Matteo as manager, after losing their best defender. Mourinho's proven that he can get his teams organised and playing well defensively. We conceded the 2nd least amount of goals in the league. Uniteds problem was just finishing teams off, they couldn't do it.

So I agree with finishing, United need to improve that, but defensively? They are organised enough to face most teams. English teams in general have dropped in standard in Europe. Tottenham were the 2nd best in the league and went out in the group stages.

May 25, 2017 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
RychesShadows said:
Frostbytes said:
[

I'll have to go get my twitter feed up and recall the many people i found proclaiming how United were going to get whacked xD .

Organised defences get you results and trophies. Chelsea had 10 men against Barcelona with Di Matteo as manager, after losing their best defender. Mourinho's proven that he can get his teams organised and playing well defensively. We conceded the 2nd least amount of goals in the league. Uniteds problem was just finishing teams off, they couldn't do it.

So I agree with finishing, United need to improve that, but defensively? They are organised enough to face most teams. English teams in general have dropped in standard in Europe. Tottenham were the 2nd best in the league and went out in the group stages.

But that Chelsea team had Drogba too, and they were adapted to quick counter attacking finishing.

I agree United has a pretty good defence, that's why I didn't say about that while on the matters of improvement. Bailly has been a great buy for them too. I also thought that United suffered from lack of creativity in some of the matches.

Tottenham were always like that, choking in Europe. I also thought that less congested fixtures after going out of Europe early helped them in the league.

I thought city will actually do well in Europe this season, but as usual, those defensive problems have plagued us. Some fullbacks will do them a world of good.
May 25, 2017 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:

But that Chelsea team had Drogba too, and they were adapted to quick counter attacking finishing.

I agree United has a pretty good defence, that's why I didn't say about that while on the matters of improvement. Bailly has been a great buy for them too. I also thought that United suffered from lack of creativity in some of the matches.

Tottenham were always like that, choking in Europe. I also thought that less congested fixtures after going out of Europe early helped them in the league.

I thought city will actually do well in Europe this season, but as usual, those defensive problems have plagued us. Some fullbacks will do them a world of good.

United in a couple of games showed they have the capability to do that. With Ibrahimovic upfront I just don't think United can play counterattacking football.
They had a big lack of creativity, even worse when Pogba wasn't on the Pitch. I think a player who sits infront of the back four needs to be bought, Carrick can't do it every week anymore.

I hate the whole idea of congested fixtures causing teams problems. I think its an excuse, they have bigger squads with more quality players. When injuries occur not much you can do but.

Pep's a strange person. At times this season I thought he was proving why he's so sort after. Others I just think he has been baffling, especially the Leicester game near the start of the season. Though only 1 year, needs more time imo. Both Mourinho and Pep have to change alot about their teams going forward to improve.
May 25, 2017 3:52 AM

Aug 2010

Finally. Him and his assistant join on 2 year deals from Dortmund's B team.

Our first manager from outside of the British isles.
May 25, 2017 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
RychesShadows said:
Frostbytes said:

United in a couple of games showed they have the capability to do that. With Ibrahimovic upfront I just don't think United can play counterattacking football.
They had a big lack of creativity, even worse when Pogba wasn't on the Pitch. I think a player who sits infront of the back four needs to be bought, Carrick can't do it every week anymore.

I hate the whole idea of congested fixtures causing teams problems. I think its an excuse, they have bigger squads with more quality players. When injuries occur not much you can do but.

Pep's a strange person. At times this season I thought he was proving why he's so sort after. Others I just think he has been baffling, especially the Leicester game near the start of the season. Though only 1 year, needs more time imo. Both Mourinho and Pep have to change alot about their teams going forward to improve.

Well tottenham actually peaked quite a bit after going out of Europe. Chelsea, leicester both at least got a bit of help in league not being in Europe. The problem in EPL is that teams are pretty competitive and quite physical, so you can't afford to slip up. Only way to solve this issue is with bigger squads with quality players for rotation but then again I think none of the teams is in the same league of bayern/barca/real.

I think United will try to poach Griezzman this summer and that will sort out that issue somewhat upfront, with one or two more quality players.

Leicester game was a one which proved how weak is city's defence against counter attack, I mean everyone knew that the fullbacks grew old but that day Vardy and co just destroyed them. A bit relief when Clichy and all of them will be sold in summer. I don't think City has to improve upfront tho, the quality has been superb there ever since Jesus-Sane-Aguero has been playing and the combination clicked wonderfully.
May 25, 2017 4:32 AM

Mar 2016
Regardless of what y'all think, Man United only deserves to be in CL . We've had enough of big clubs being trampled like AC Milan and Inter who's ambition is to qualify to Europa league atm, and clubs with no history and no personality of a big team like PSG trying to fit themsleves in their place . I don't want united in that state. They're one of the best english clubs. It's a good thing Mourinho admitted this is one of his worst seasones, meaning he's seriously looking to improve from here on out.
Shishou_23May 25, 2017 4:37 AM
May 25, 2017 6:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Maybe this'll change his mind

May 25, 2017 6:25 AM

Aug 2010
Garry Monk resigns at Leeds. Presumably off to Boro.

There will never be stability at Leeds. lol
May 25, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
Garry Monk resigns at Leeds. Class, humility, respect, disappear.

Must admit thats a bit of a surprise given Leeds have just had their best season in years and I'm sure Monk has only just signed a contract extension.

Monk to Palace/Sunderland/Watford/someone else?
May 25, 2017 6:32 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah or Boro I suppose lol.

Que Leeds fans with various "why would he leave us for small tinpot clubs" remarks
May 25, 2017 6:56 AM

Aug 2010
Leeds have like 2 good players. Without Wood where would hav they finished last season?

Just seen Farke's first interview. Softly spoken bloke with the face of a man that could kill an alligator with his bare hands. German so the English language was never going to be an issue.

Should be a fun few weeks.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (77) « First ... « 63 64 [65] 66 67 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.