Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 11, 2016 5:27 AM

Jan 2012
So he died from an accident and not a disease. That makes the game a lot easier then. Just tell her where, when and how he died, tell him to avoid it. Happy ending!
~is what I'm thinking right now but I doubt it's that easy.
Sep 16, 2016 4:33 PM

Jun 2016
Absolutely love it.
An emotional episode, got me laughing and crying at the end.
Sep 29, 2016 10:21 AM

May 2012
Great development I must say, really like how they do those ending! Looking forward to see what's next.
Oct 12, 2016 5:23 PM

Jun 2010
Good episode. Really sad to hear about his mother. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2015
Naho as an adult looks stunning haha. I'm a bit shocked to find out that she's with Suwa, but then again, I guess it makes sense since Kakeru isn't around. I guess she'll be "changing" the future by getting with Kakeru (hopefully) C:

caught in the wonder
Oct 22, 2016 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
THIS SHOW IS SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING TO WATCH, IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE PULLING ALL MY HAIR OUT! Dang it, and it's only the second episode. Come on Naho, I expect better from you now that you're aware of what's up and made your mind.

I really don't get why the people in Japan always run away when they're shy, it's one annoying cliche. Glad it worked out in the end or else I wouldn't be able to sit still with it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2016
Liked this episode. I know there'll be drama ahead but I still find this series soothing. Nothing actually happens, we just watch an ordinary day of high school kids (except for the letter part of course) but it's refreshing.

Kakeru's smile is awesome!
Nov 27, 2016 8:35 AM
Mar 2016
this episode was so frustrating i was literally yelling "give him the damn lunchbox" at my screen
Dec 30, 2016 8:46 PM

Mar 2015
That's some heavy stuff. But wow the music and visuals have been amazing so far!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 19, 2017 6:32 AM

May 2013
Hmmmm..... if she saves Kakeru and stays in love, I wonder if she would still end up with Suwa 10 years later........ ~_~ you can tell Suwa-kun likes Naho-chan, but she's so q with Kakeru ;A; But I also want her to still end up with Suwa-kun because I don't want that outcome with the baby to go to waste or be something that just "happens" because Kakeru wasn't there. I am torn.

Also, I really like megane-kun lol <3 he's subtly funny in his own way, which I find attractive ^-^
Kokoro_KotashimaJan 19, 2017 7:21 AM
Apr 6, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2016
T^T T^T T^T T^T T^T I cried so much when he mentioned his mom commited suicide... poor little thing
Apr 17, 2017 6:47 PM
Nov 2016
I had a feeling the guy was going to die from the begin..... why?????? ;(
Jul 11, 2017 6:58 AM

Jan 2017
I've read the manga and I was still pissed off when it took so long for her to give him the bento. Just. Stick. To. The. Fucking. Letter. Naho!!!!!!
Sep 12, 2017 6:06 PM

Feb 2010
I already love this series. Such an interesting concept and it's so cute. My heart ❤️. I really hope they save kakeru but then her baby might never be born and that's kinda sad. Now off to watch more.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 21, 2018 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
Hagita's mom prepares lunch for him every morning...by leaving him 500 yen. lol
Suwa is Messi.
Really held hands for 10 minutes. smh
Using the dads bento for Kakeru. smh
Dat Engrish.
Well, the letter said to make it for him, not give it to him. You got lucky this time.
Why you asking her so many fucking questions? You a cop?
His kaasan committed seppuku?
Now she gives him the bento.
You'll make it for him everyday?
Naho and Suwa got together and had a baby?
Kakeru was in an accident?
Naho will save Kakeru.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2019 1:27 AM

Feb 2014
Man, this show is so mind-numbingly boring. For a show that revolves around an ensemble cast of a group of friends, these characters sure have absolutely no chemistry between them. They talk to each other like they're strangers, as if they're asking directions to some random person on the street. And no, it's not because the voice acting is "realistic" or anything. It's just way too bland and subdued.

groovykirito said:
this episode was so frustrating i was literally yelling "give him the damn lunchbox" at my screen

Naho and her indecisiveness has been frustrating to watch since the first episode. I was ready to drop the show at the first episode itself if she didn't change her mind and decided to bat after all.
Mar 14, 2020 10:33 PM

Aug 2018
Dudeeeee....

So all the infos are all in the letters even how and when Kakeru died so theres a possibility that she can save him. Oh boi its interesting af i sense a huge plot twist in the end of this anime.

So far the first page of the letter was the one she didnt follow i wonder if it will have other significance in the future besides its the reason why kakeru didnt got home early maybe to prevent his mothers suicide.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 3, 2020 9:46 PM
Oct 2019
Oof, so if she had just followed the letter, Kakeru might've gone home and his mom might not have killed herself (at least not that day)? Talk about guilt. That scene and the following one mentioning his death at 17 hit me.

Naho better be done half-assing it when it comes to following the letter. She's had more than enough proof by now to know that the letter ain't playin' around.
HagePotPotatoJun 3, 2020 9:50 PM
Sep 9, 2020 5:58 PM
Aug 2020
I'm already tearing up :'(that was so sad bro leaving for two weeks then pretending everything was fine :( i hope Naho can change the future and somehow stop the "accident" from happening

Oct 9, 2020 9:22 AM
Feb 2020
Dropped.

Hope it all works out for MC.

Feb 24, 2021 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
Hmm, future Naho is coming off as rather selfish right now. She has this beautiful family yet she's obsessing over her regrets over some guy she knew for a little while in high school. She's willing to give up a man who loves her and her baby. That just doesn't sit right.

Mar 7, 2021 8:17 AM

Jun 2020
Naho and Kakeru scenes were cute. They are both very observant of each other :)

The scenes in the present/future brings tears to my eyes seeing that Kakeru is no longer with them, and they are still as close. It’s sad, and relatable. From the letter, it seems like Kakeru would commit suicide as well? With the mention of them knowing that he could have been saved. Is this going to deal with depression? Seems like it would be a heavy one. I hope I’m wrong about the depression/suicide ㅠㅡㅠ

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 24, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2021
I wish I never saw her have a kid with suwa. I'm not a fan of love triangles, especially in this kind of story.
Jan 3, 2022 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
so because they invited him, his mother was alone and he couldn't save her?

that Naho is also strange.. every normal person would read all the letters on the first day and she reads them sometimes even after events happen... lol
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 17, 2022 10:13 PM

Jul 2021
Holy shit what a roller coaster of feelings. I was laughing my ass off in starting then a bit anxious for Naho then laughing then sadness and then again happy when we see kakeru smiling after receiving the lunch then shock that it was Sawo's and Naho's baby and then again sadness when we find out when Kakeru is gonna die.

Seriously this was such a great episode, even better than first.

That Hagita's joke in starting was awesome, I was laughing for 30 secs straight.

That "My mom died." came out of the blue, I was just shocked to hear that and even more after hearing how she died. They shouldn't have invited him on that day after all.

On a side note, Sawo and Naho's baby kawai.

This was a 5/5 episode. Excited for next one.
TsutanaiFuunJan 17, 2022 10:19 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 25, 2022 2:37 AM

Jan 2021
Uh I know Kakeru's smile is so charming!!! Must protect!!!

Anyway while watching that I kept mumbling "please give the lunch box to him right now" but it turned out that there was a good thing Naho was late in giving it, it makes her knows the reason why Kakeru didn't go to school for 2 weeks.. I can honestly understand that Naho was nervous and hesitant about giving him the lunch box, but I was also annoyed to see that because it was obvious that Kakeru really hoped that Naho would actually bring him lunch. That's why I was so happy and couldn't stop smiling when Naho finally gave him the lunch~ and Kakeru smiled. Oh my god.

But... what bothered me was that the letter said that that day Naho should really have insisted on not letting Kakeru go with them, it means that her future self knows what happened to Kakeru at that time... why didn't she explain it in her letter?

Nov 22, 2022 9:23 PM
Nov 2022
It's the second episode, I'm not supposed to be crying already...
Dec 1, 2022 11:02 PM

Nov 2022
The pairing of Naho and Kakeru are adorable from what I've seen so far, and I like how there's this moment of reluctance during lunch where Naho fails to give Kakeru the lunch she made, before she eventually succeeds in the park.

It gives this motion that the letters of Adult Naho won't completely change how High School Naho will act out her life, showing that doing something like this is difficult due to the good chances that your younger self will still make the same mistakes despite being shown how they are mistakes.
Dec 19, 2022 8:02 AM
Jan 2020
Tangina yun ending song muka talaga para sa mga broken hearted
Mar 19, 2023 6:46 PM
Mar 2023
It was a little better than the first episode due to the fact that we get to learn more about Kakeru, we are introduced to the fact that Kakerus mom is dead and that he dies. now Naho is gonna try her best to save Kakeru.
Mar 23, 1:24 AM
Jul 2021
It was overall a good episode, story building, getting to know the characters in the future and present, and overall just getting a sense of how important that note truly is and what happens in the future.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

235 by Assassin2112 »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.