Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2007 5:15 PM

Jan 2007
My little bro (who's 17, about four years younger than me) discovered my awesome haul from a used dvd shop earlier this week: The Never Ending Story, and The Never Ending Story II, which I got for 3 and 2 dollars respectively. We ended up watching both of them over again over the past few days, and now I'm all nostalgic. ^.^

Something about the tone of the second Never Ending Story reminded me a lot of Return to Oz, the creepy as hell sequel to the original starring Fairuza Balk before she went completely batshit crazy (and awesome) in The Craft. Both were awesome movies, as I recall and now I'm wishing I could find them >.>

Anyways, I wanted to start a thread to discuss everyone's most treasured (or most disturbing) movies that you enjoyed probably innumerable times throughout your childhood.

(Who wants to take bets on this dissolving into a "Best Disney Villians" type thread in the very near future? My personal faves are Ursula and Scar. They are the total shizz. >.>)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 13, 2007 6:01 PM

Jul 2006
Hmm, let's see. As a kid my favorite movies were Andre and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I even made all my friends watch them over and over. They were on ABC family a while ago, and it was so funny to watch it again.....
And of course I loved all the disney movies. Pocahontus and Alice In Wonderland were some of my favorites. (though my best friend is still afraid of Alice...)
I actually never saw the Never Ending Story movies. o.o
May 13, 2007 6:15 PM

Mar 2007
We're Back A Dinosaur's Story (LOL Xinil)
The Land Before Time
(as you can see i was really into dinosaurs when i was younger - i was actually thinking of majoring in palentology at one time)
All those Disney Movies (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc)

i can't think of anymore right now. perhaps a future edit.
May 13, 2007 6:57 PM

Dec 2006
I guess that would include Krull, Clash of the Titans, Jason and the Argonauts, Tron, the Golden Voyage of Sinbad, the 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Willow, the Star Wars trilogy, Little Nemo, Hook, the Neverending Story, Ewoks (haven't seen it since I was a toddler) and a bunch of others.

Also, from age 7 and on, I basically grew up on a combination of kids movies and violent R rated action films that I watched over and over on tape. I watched a lot of Jean Claude Van Damme, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jackie Chan.
Sense-OffenderMay 13, 2007 7:02 PM
May 13, 2007 7:12 PM

Jul 2006
ReverseHarem said:
We're Back A Dinosaur's Story (LOL Xinil)
The Land Before Time
(as you can see i was really into dinosaurs when i was younger - i was actually thinking of majoring in palentology at one time)
All those Disney Movies (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc)

i can't think of anymore right now. perhaps a future edit.

ohh, I forgot about We're Back A Dinosaur's Story. I loved that movie as a kid =D
May 13, 2007 7:20 PM

Apr 2007
The one movie that immediately comes to mind is The Goonies. I loved that movie a lot when I was younger. I also loved all the Indiana Jones movies and Ghostbusters.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 13, 2007 7:47 PM
Apr 2007
My favorite movies from my childhood were Ferngully, the Land Before Time movies, and from what I heard from my parents, Top Gun. I guess Tom Cruise was my idol back then or something..

I remember watching this really freaky movie when I was a child. I think it was The Dark Crystal or something along those lines. That movie was so scary to me as a child.. I should rewatch it sometime and compare.
May 13, 2007 7:52 PM

Jan 2007
Well, like any kid being raised with loving parents I grew up with many Disney movies. But at that time I was a lover and fanatic of Dinosaurs so when Jurassic Park came out I had to see it. Till this day Jurassic Park is my favored movie, but after watching the thrid I say that if they are gonna make a sequel again, they should have new fresh ideas or just stop.

May 13, 2007 8:56 PM

Jan 2007
Land Before Time, definitely. Plus all the Disney movies (which I watch all the time now, still :P) and a bunch of My Little Ponies movies, but I've forgotten which ones. And the Last Unicorn, again still a favorite. <3
May 13, 2007 9:49 PM
Apr 2007
two movies come to mind...lion king and back to the future...

lion king was the first movie (and only movie) i ever cried in (i'm not ashamed to admit it, lol)...but i remember i cried after mufassa got trampled to death...damn that bastard scar...damn him to hell... :( i can't remember how old i was when i watched this though...

and back to the future simply kicked ass so it needs no explanation... :P
May 13, 2007 10:01 PM

Apr 2007
XenomorphTCP said:
I remember watching this really freaky movie when I was a child. I think it was The Dark Crystal or something along those lines. That movie was so scary to me as a child.. I should rewatch it sometime and compare.

I think I remember a bit of that movie. I don't recall much other than the characters being really ugly though.

The scariest movie I saw as a child was Child's Play. I think I was around 6 years old at the time when I firstt saw it. For years after that I was scared senseless by that Chucky doll. Looking back at it now it's quite comical.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 13, 2007 10:07 PM
Apr 2007
cangeman said:
The scariest movie I saw as a child was Child's Play. I think I was around 6 years old at the time when I firstt saw it. For years after that I was scared senseless by that Chucky doll. Looking back at it now it's quite comical.

lol...i also felt the same way...he was so damn creepy...when i watch the movies now, i think that i must have been a huge wuss when i was a kid cause i find the movies now more humorous than scary...
May 13, 2007 10:44 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, I remember The Land Before Time movies. I loved those.

Then there's The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. I loved watching those. lol In The Sound of Music, I always got scared of the puppet show. I blame Chucky on that.

And Chucky's movies...My gosh why did my parents not care about what we watched. Watching scary movies at very young age may make some people braver as they get older. Not me. They scarred me. I find those large dolls creepy. My sister somehow obtained one from a relative. We didn't keep it around. However, the Rozen Maiden dolls would be something I wouldn't mind having around :P

Ah, I should rebuy all the old Disney movies so I have them on DVD...
May 13, 2007 10:53 PM

Oct 2006
I used to love The Neverending Story. Great movie - now I feel like seeing it again too. As a child my all-time favorites were The Brave Little Toaster and Transformers: The Movie. I was also a big fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies and Star Wars. Heh, for a while Star Wars (recorded from TV) was the only decent movie I had. I'd get sick with bronchitis and be out of school for a week, and I'd pass the time by watching the trilogy over and over again.
May 13, 2007 11:34 PM

Apr 2007
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
(Disney Movie)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066817/

Fav movie when I was little.
May 13, 2007 11:36 PM

Jan 2007
4 movies come to mind.

Back to the Future
Lion King
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Kiki's Deliviery Service
May 13, 2007 11:41 PM

Mar 2007
well movies i love as a kid (and stil love some of them) was:
the lion king
mulan
pokahontas (dont remeber how to spell)
Instagram: Luzifurr
May 14, 2007 2:14 AM

May 2007
its definitly fist of the north star
May 14, 2007 4:33 AM

Feb 2007
I wish I could remember the exact name of them. But I think there were a few movies or episodes(?) about these little furry things called Eewoks or something. I don't know if I'm getting mixed up with those little cute things from Star Wars but I remember loving these things when I was really little.
Also I watched a lot of those Micky Mouse movies, are they called Fantasia or something? Brings back so many memories thinking about it.
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
May 14, 2007 4:40 AM

Oct 2006
As a kid the movies I prolly watched more were Star Wars Trilogy (the first one). And also all James Bond films (the ones with Sean Connery and Roger Moore), since my father owned them all ^^.
As for disney movies, Aladin and Lion King. And there was also this movie that I used to watch over and over: The Land Before Time
May 14, 2007 6:55 AM

May 2005
For me it is the "Swiss Family Robinson" (1960). I remember it was magical when I first seen it when I was around six. It is still magical now, and just as good as ever when I saw it again on TV.
May 14, 2007 8:05 AM

Mar 2007
Lion King Definetly. Or Aladdin.
May 14, 2007 9:06 PM

Jan 2007
The three main movies for me were...
The Land Before Time, Little Nemo (but that gave me nightmares as a kid!), and The Green Goblin. I think that's what it was called anyway...About some goblin and two kids.
All I remember is the goblin revived at the end with lots of flowers...

May 14, 2007 11:00 PM

Nov 2006
You know...as a child because of my sister i had to sit through those GOD AWFUL disney movies... but putting that aside i've seen The Land Before Time a lot, thats one for me too guys ;)

Also, Kiki's Deliviery Service was a biggy when i was younger

May 15, 2007 12:36 PM

Apr 2007
Seems that The Land Before Time was a pretty popular thing with children. For me that list would also have Lion King, some old Batman stuff (this was a series i think), Aladdin, and a bunch of stuff i don't remember .
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.