Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2016 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
zaidk said:
Fai said:
And this is supposed to be Key's greatest VN? Even Clannad entertained me more.

Two episodes in and this feels more disjointed than Angel Beats and Charlotte put together.

What the hell is going on in this show? So far this seems like "key's Greatest Hits" minus the greatest. You have all the traditional moe girls Key stuff is known for but plot is nowhere near comprehensible.

Also the pacing is still weird. This feels like a recap episode yet again, except it is not.

2/5. This might be a three episode rule at most if this continues to be this confusing and nonsensical.

IT IS the best VN from key.
Clannad has plot holes
Angelbeats has plotholes
Little busters has plot holes

Only rewrite vn doesn't have any plothole.
And I mean the vn, the anime won't be that good and I'm sure

Rewrite *doesn't* have plotholes?

Facepalm. Rewrite is known for having the biggest plotholes of any Key VN.

OK, then explain

Fai said:

Two episodes in and this feels more disjointed than Angel Beats and Charlotte put together.

What the hell is going on in this show? So far this seems like "key's Greatest Hits" minus the greatest. You have all the traditional moe girls Key stuff is known for but plot is nowhere near comprehensible.

Also the pacing is still weird. This feels like a recap episode yet again, except it is not.

2/5. This might be a three episode rule at most if this continues to be this confusing and nonsensical.

We are breezing through the common route, so all the plot-relevant stuff will come soon enough. If this was 1:1 adaptation, it will take forever.

Be patient.

exleader75Jul 9, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 9, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
I liked this episode more than the first. Comedy was also to my taste so that helped.

Not really to sure what the main plot of the VN is so I hope it comes into focus soon. Favorite female so far is Akane, everybody else is about on equal ground.

RIP Tomoko.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 9, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
exleader75 said:
zaidk said:

IT IS the best VN from key.
Clannad has plot holes
Angelbeats has plotholes
Little busters has plot holes

Only rewrite vn doesn't have any plothole.
And I mean the vn, the anime won't be that good and I'm sure

OK, then explain

Fai said:

We are breezing through the common route, so all the plot-relevant stuff will come soon enough. If this was 1:1 adaptation, it will take forever.

Be patient.

This. You never get it all this early on.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 9, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2012
Another good episode. I really like Akane and her interactions with the MC. She is prob my fave girl for now. I lol'd when she was playing the fps. I hope next episode has more supernatural stuff going on. I want to find out more about the ghost ribbon girl.
Jul 9, 2016 1:34 PM

Jul 2015
About the episode. It was rushed, but I liked it. The art is still bad. Kotori has only one braid in the beginning of the opening and Kotarou's uniform isn't colored in some scenes. And the sequence is weird. At the beginning, Akane doesn't have her hood, but the next scene she is removing it.

PS: I don't understand why people want all the answers in the first few episodes lol
Jul 9, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2012
Murasa22 said:
Fai said:

Thats because Rewrite's plot is very "unique" and different from other Key works.

I respect your opinion, but don't judge an entire 50+ hours worth of content in just 2 episodes. Even if this is following a new route, its the same feeling that the Vn has in its initial moments, so you should be patient and wait for the plot to unfold.

If you don't wanna wait, why not read an non-spoiler free synopsis of the history? just google it and your problems will be solved.

Its not the quality of the plot, well maybe a little with this new route, but the quality of the adaption. The adaption is incredibly rushed and disjointed. If you don't have a working knowledge of the series, and its characters, you're going to have alot of blanks and things *WILL* look like bland tropes, because all of the depth has been squeezed out in order to make way for its bullet train pacing.

@Fai

If this isn't doing it for you, you're probably going to have to drop it. Just try not to judge the source material on a shoddy adaption. The characters have more depth, and Kotarou is a much more interesting character than what you see so far. I don't know if its intentional or not, but this anime seems much more targeted towards a VN reader than an anime only watcher.
Jul 9, 2016 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
I think this episode was an improvement over the first to be honest. Purely from the perspective of a VN reader at least. I like how they were faithful to most of the jokes, although the execution was lacking. I really liked seeing the Tomoko scene again though. I was wondering whether or not they'd actually draw her.

The pacing seemed too quick for my liking though. I already know the characters inside out, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of time for the anime only viewers to get to know them. Would have been nice to see some of the Shizuru picnic scenes for instance.

I'm also upset that we didn't get to see Kotarou's plate licking skills in action.
Jul 9, 2016 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
That was a decent episode seeing a bit of some fan favorite scenes in common route while also getting the club together in a pretty quick rate. Well I can't complain on the animation it is pretty cut-OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT ANIMATION IN THE ENDING THEME IT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK FINISHED YET.
Jul 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
ThreePointer said:
That was a decent episode seeing a bit of some fan favorite scenes in common route while also getting the club together in a pretty quick rate. Well I can't complain on the animation it is pretty cut-OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT ANIMATION IN THE ENDING THEME IT DOESN'T EVEN LOOK FINISHED YET.

Were we watching a different thing? I thought the animation in the ending theme was amazing! Although that must just be me and my weird taste. I really enjoyed that ending theme, even more so than the opening.
Jul 9, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
^^^People STILL haven't distinguished between art and animation. The animation for the ending song was great, but the art was bland. But I'd rather have them put more effort into the animation. Take for example the part where the girls are sitting down into the chair, or the part where they sit up from the flowers. That looked really natural and flowed well.
sanata50lbsbJul 9, 2016 2:26 PM
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 9, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
Disappointed as usual for rushed adaptation but okay so far.

Jul 9, 2016 2:27 PM

Mar 2015
As the one who only knew that the original VN is great, I expected something good from this. If I didn't know a thing before I could've drop the show from now on because it feels like any boring generic harem one. I hope I won't be disappointed, right?

Jul 9, 2016 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
Most people in this thread should take this guy as an example of how to make an proper analysis of an episode:

GuidedCursor said:
As the one who only knew that the original VN is great, I expected something good from this. If I didn't know a thing before I could've drop the show from now on because it feels like any boring generic harem one. I hope I won't be disappointed, right?

Yeah, its not a generic harem. The VN has the same feeling on its initial moments but it gets really dark afterwards.
Jul 9, 2016 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
GuidedCursor said:
As the one who only knew that the original VN is great, I expected something good from this. If I didn't know a thing before I could've drop the show from now on because it feels like any boring generic harem one. I hope I won't disappointed, right?

Who knows? Not even the VN readers can tell you if you'll like the direction the anime will go in as it's dealing with an original route. Chances are though, at the very least it won't remain as a "boring generic harem" for too long.
Jul 9, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2009
I haven't played the visual novel 'cause I'm a girl and dating girls just don't appeal to me, but the anime looks really interesting. My favorite is Shizuru so far, she's adorable! ^O^ Looking forward to watching more, and I hope everything gets explained soon! Also the Shikigami was sooo cute xD
Jul 9, 2016 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
sanata50lbsb said:
exleader75 said:

OK, then explain

Be patient.

This. You never get it all this early on.

The feeling when nobody has patiency at all for anything to be perfectly honest imo.

But yeah, you can't really expect much from a 20 hour long worth of SoL Common Route except for what I call "snippits" here and there.
Jul 9, 2016 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
All the girls have already joined the Occult club, thought this would take more time, beyond what has shown a little more of the protagonist's personality, I really like this his personality, besides all the girls are pretty cute and with hilarious personalities, still has the mysteries that make the plot even more exciting

Poor Tomoko, her participation was short but remarkable, I'm liking the soundtrack of the anime, OP and ED are very good, I'm really looking forward to keep watching and see the development of this plot ..
Jul 9, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2015
Very nice, starting up the club (a little rushed, sure) but a good set up for the plot to really progress. So far, my favourite girl is definitely the club president. Awesome OP and ED. All good for me
Jul 9, 2016 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
The episode felt really weak in comparison to the first. Throwing in a lot of jokes that weren't funny at all.

Shizuru has caught my attention more than anyone else in this show. She's adorable.
It seems like the club is already fully formed...? Though they are only there to help for the time being. Let's see what they can accomplish.

Btw, it felt like the ghost girl was really bothered about her chest lol.
HeiizeJul 9, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 9, 2016 3:46 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tennouji said:
What I can only say is....

I'll just wait for the next episode.

I understand your feelings so well, I will speak for you.
The fan in me, cant deny this episode was funny, it adapts scenes I loved from the VN, mostly done poorly but they are there, like Lucia's first cafetaria scene.
Seeing each of the heroines moving is a joy, even if they look extremely watered down versions of their visual novels counterparts.
The OP was nice, dropping some hints here and there.
ED, I see that they are trying to five focus that there are other multiple paths, heroines with different stories, that will diverge from this one, but it felt a bit odd still.

Now, they managed to fit the creation of the Occult Club and recruting all the girls in ONE EPISODE!!! It had to be done, to cram everything they want in 13 episodes, but it took so much time in the VN, days and days had to pass, probably around 10-15 days in game plotline, the pacing is too fast, viewers lose soo many details that serve to flesh out more the cast, an anime viewer will see potential in them, some sort of geniality, but blink your eye and it is gone for the next scene. I have never seen an anime with a pace so fast as this one, Umineko doesnt count, since Umineko anime doesnt exist.

Seeing such a huge potential of cast wasted like this is so sad. And those scenes of Kotarou being assalted at night are just retarded, they seemed to be animated by children! The direction is so crude!
8 bits you suck, that lazyness is not aceptable.

The director says he loves Rewrite VN?! Then there is only one possible explanation, the guy knew a Rewrite adapation would be made, with 13 episodes only, he knew many fans would hate and shitstorm alot it. It was unavoidable, so he decided to be the one directing it, it is gonna be bad, but if I do it, I will try to make the best I can, even if it ends being bad, it will not suck as much as other people could had adapted, with 13 episodes.
I can see this kinda of scenario, since the scenes that are adapted, despite them being rushed, they bring a bit out of the characters, as such, a fan will enjoy at least that moment. Freeze it in time and he will enjoy it. If this is the situation, I gotta respect the director, because he had the balls to at least, do the most he could with extremely limited resources.
And as such, someone is to blame for this being only 13 episodes, the series was made by Key, they have a word in what to do with the adaptation of their game, where to bring it to.

So dear Key:

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE RESPECT YOU GAVE TO ALL OFF YOUR FANBASE THAT LOVED YOUR GAME SO MUCH!!!!
Thank you...
Jul 9, 2016 3:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Lucia's uppercut is so awesome!

It was awesome in the VN, but as one with such power as her, Kotarou taking that wouldnt just drop to the floor that retarded way he did, he would have to fly at least 4-5 meters and drop dead, salivating from his mouth!
This is a Lucia's punch.

PlaycoolJul 9, 2016 3:56 PM
Jul 9, 2016 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
Another fun episode. Kotarou going full pervert was funny to watch. The moment when Shizuru mentioned Lucia's name that made me laugh XD

RIP Tomoko ;_;

Wasn't expecting to be hit with this plot
Jul 9, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2013
Playcool said:
Tennouji said:
What I can only say is....

I'll just wait for the next episode.

The fan in me, cant deny this episode was funny, it adapts scenes I loved from the VN, mostly done poorly but they are there, like Lucia's first cafetaria scene.
Seeing each of the heroines moving is a joy, even if they look extremely watered down versions of their visual novels counterparts.
ED, I see that they are trying to five focus that there are other multiple paths, heroines with different stories, that will diverge from this one, but it felt a bit odd still.

Now, they managed to fit the creation of the Occult Club and recruting all the girls in ONE EPISODE!!! It had to be done, to cram everything they want in 13 episodes, but it took so much time in the VN, days and days had to pass, probably around 10-15 days in game plotline, the pacing is too fast, viewers lose soo many details that serve to flesh out more the cast, an anime viewer will see potential in them, some sort of geniality, but blink your eye and it is gone for the next scene. I have never seen an anime with a pace so fast as this one, Umineko doesnt count, since Umineko anime doesnt exist.

Seeing such a huge potential of cast wasted like this is so sad. And those scenes of Kotarou being assalted at night are just retarded, they seemed to be animated by children! The direction is so crude!

The director says he loves Rewrite VN?! Then there is only one possible explanation, the guy knew a Rewrite adapation would be made, with 13 episodes only, he knew many fans would hate and shitstorm alot it. It was unavoidable, so he decided to be the one directing it, it is gonna be bad, but if I do it, I will try to make the best I can, even if it ends being bad, it will not suck as much as other people could had adapted, with 13 episodes.
I can see this kinda of scenario, since the scenes that are adapted, despite them being rushed, they bring a bit out of the characters, as such, a fan will enjoy at least that moment. Freeze it in time and he will enjoy it. If this is the situation, I gotta respect the director, because he had the balls to at least, do the most he could with extremely limited resources.
And as such, someone is to blame for this being only 13 episodes, the series was made by Key, they have a word in what to do with the adaptation of their game, where to bring it to.

So dear Key:

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE RESPECT YOU GAVE TO ALL OFF YOUR FANBASE THAT LOVED YOUR GAME SO MUCH!!!!
Thank you...

I'm sorry but i think you're being overdramatic.

Also it's not confirmed to be 13 episodes only, especially with all the TERRA foreshadowing that we're seeing here.
Jul 9, 2016 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
Ritsu said:
I haven't played the visual novel 'cause I'm a girl and dating girls just don't appeal to me, but the anime looks really interesting. My favorite is Shizuru so far, she's adorable! ^O^ Looking forward to watching more, and I hope everything gets explained soon! Also the Shikigami was sooo cute xD

It's not really a dating VN so you can still enjoy it, I got my GF who normally only reads otome games to read it and she liked it.
Jul 9, 2016 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
Playcool said:

So dear Key:

Thank you...

I'm sorry but i think you're being overdramatic.

Also it's not confirmed to be 13 episodes only, especially with all the TERRA foreshadowing that we're seeing here.

Also the fact that I don't think Tennouji would mean that way either because I talked to him outside of the MAL site and we technically understood whats going on. I don't think he implied... just that. But I could be wrong.
Jul 9, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2015
I'm confused.

Does Kotarou have 'rewrite' abilities yet? If so, we haven't seen anything related to that yet. Maybe it's something with the ghost girl biting him?
I'm not really understanding some of these things, but I'm enjoying it so far regardless.
Jul 9, 2016 4:16 PM

Feb 2016
That scene with the fart made me laugh so hard...
Jul 9, 2016 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
Fai said:

If you mentioning a VN, then just read VN. It's not a KyoAni, but 8bit. Don't expect great things by this "adaptation".
But wait, why I'm even replying to a guy which gave "1" to Clannad.
rsc-plJul 9, 2016 5:15 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2016 4:27 PM

Jun 2014
It was an okay episode. I'm not really certain about where the story is heading, but I have no knowledge of the VN anyway. I'll probably try and stick with it though, it's not terrible so far.

Jul 9, 2016 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
I wish the artstyle was more detailed and consistent.
Good episode, should be 2 cour. though
Jul 9, 2016 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:
Fai said:

If you mentioning a VN, then just read VN. It's not a KyoAni, but 8bit. Don't expect great things by this "adaptation".
But wait, why I even replying to a guy gave "1" to Clannad.

Wait. Going side-tracked here. He gave Clannad a 1? What the ._.
well, not attacking but... what.
Jul 9, 2016 4:45 PM

Jun 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
rsc-pl said:

Welcome to MAL.

I'm not sure why you two are surprised by this.
Jul 9, 2016 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Murasa22 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Welcome to MAL.

I'm not sure why you two are surprised by this.

He's not surprised he's just asking why he's responding to a guy that gave it a 1.
I however despite not being shocked... of course, I see him talking good about stuff that aren't that great and then goes to the other direction at other times. Thats just me I guess.
Jul 9, 2016 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
rsc-pl said:

Season 1 of Clannad isn't that great so it's understandable if your not a big fan of the genre you might hate it.
Jul 9, 2016 4:57 PM
Jul 2012
ShizuFlame said:
Jakerams said:
It was an okay episode I guess. It still feels like they are catering to the anime only fans too much.
Really? Honestly I think they don't cater enough. I personally think it's better that they cater towards people who are going into the anime blind, to pick up their interest ya know. A lot of the transitions from scene to scene still seem rushed or awkward to me, and that's something I wish these episodes would improve on.
While that's true in most cases it would likely be better to cater to the VN fans since they are the ones who will likely buy Rewrite+ meanwhile the anime only fans likely wont buy too many copies of Rewrite anime.
Jul 9, 2016 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Midou89 said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Season 1 of Clannad isn't that great so it's understandable if your not a big fan of the genre you might hate it.

Well you do make a point there to be quite honest.
Jul 9, 2016 5:11 PM
Sep 2015
To disconcerted anime viewers...

I really liked this episode because it sets up for much bigger and shocking things that I cannot say without spoiling things. Think of it like THE episode in madoka magica, or the genre shift in muv-luv->muv-luv unlimited. Tons of foreshadowing here and I like how they are emphasizing Kotarou's need for acceptance.

Better than the previous episode but felt more rushed.
Jul 9, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
Murasa22 said:
Most people in this thread should take this guy as an example of how to make an proper analysis of an episode:

Its scary how likely things are going to occur exactly as he predicted. This is how you enter an anime series with an open mind. Granted, its not like he came in with a completely unbiased opinion but he respects the fact that the VN is praised highly and thus trusts that the anime will get there, to the bit that everyone is praising.

For those VN readers, I just re visited the crazy tone changing Saturday (and the Friday preceding it) again. I'm so hype for the possibility of the anime pulling off that Saturday in animated form. Rereading this particular screenshot reminded me how much I love Rewrite:
jaxter0987Jul 9, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 9, 2016 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
That fart scene was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.
Jul 9, 2016 5:52 PM

May 2014
zaidk said:
IrohaUtsugi said:
After watch the OP, it feels like 8bit used some Grisaia OP elements. Very nice and not spoil the new story.

they didn't spoil the mew story, they spoiled the vn. Oh the doesn't really matter ahahahaha

It's better than ruin our excitement of this series and of course...

Jul 9, 2016 5:56 PM
Nov 2015
The pacing is insane and I still can't really piece together what's going on but... I like it. More than I thought I would.
Jul 9, 2016 6:01 PM

Oct 2011
Next episode starts the route? omg
Jul 9, 2016 6:02 PM
Dec 2014
Patience people!
This is one of the three of key's major VN
Don't you guys know key's nature?
Little buster <<<<<<little busters refrain
Clannad <<<<<<<< clannad after story
Rewrite (first season) <<<<<<< rewrite moon and terra (second season)
Jul 9, 2016 6:06 PM
Dec 2014
AnimeFan500 said:

Nope! It sill stay common route until episode 7
Or so the staff said
Jul 9, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
Question, was that fart scene in the VN as well?
How did that go in the VN? Screen caps would be highly appreciated.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 9, 2016 6:15 PM

Nov 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

I don't remember that being at the VN at all, actually, the only night that Koutarou managed to sleep peacefully that got properly detailed was Tomoko's, because you could unlock an alternate version with Tomoko's Point Of View of the scene.

I mean, is hard to show what happens while your character sleeps if he uses first person.
Jul 9, 2016 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
I think I'm dying of laughter after watching this episode. I'm really liking it so far. For once, I am watching a series where I am liking all of the characters. Also, Shizuru (I think that's the eyepatch girl's name) defending adolescent boys with boobs was funny as hell.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2016 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
This is getting bad...
The pacing is so fast. Even though they include the scenes I like but if they show it very fast, it's not enjoyable. And what's with the use of BGM? Some of it are random and some are in the wrong place like when Kotarou introduced Shizuru to okaken (very fast and out of nowhere), it played Morning glory (Asagao) which is supposed to be Chihaya's BGM.
Also, I know I'm in no position to say that the artwork and animation is bad but it is really far from my expectation.
I'm not a fan of moe stuff but I really didn't feel any moe stuff from the VN. Only comedy, school and slice of life in the common route. I think it is really not necessary.

I guess the only thing that is good in this episode is that it didn't show much supernatural. They should take it slowly, make the viewers (especially the anime-only) feel what is showed first before dropping a bomb out of nowhere. I think this bomb will be dropped sooner than later. In what I'm seeing, I'm lowering my expectation and hope for a good moon and terra adaptation.

Also, I would be satisfied to see each heroine holding a flower which corresponds to their BGM (maybe in a different ED?).
Kotori - Nirinsou (Soft windflower)
Chihaya - Asagao (Morning glory)
Akane - Anthurium
Shizuru - Carnation
Lucia - Sunbright (Sunflower I think?)
Ribbon girl - Hinagiku (Daisy)
Jul 9, 2016 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeFan500 said:

Nope. ._. its still going to be Common.
Jul 9, 2016 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
L-Ryoshi said:

The fart scene was actually original from the anime's part, even I wasn't expecting that, I was actually surprised.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.