Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: 91 Days Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 23, 2016 9:28 AM
The episode was interesting, but what really stood out to me was the music.
uranus and neptune are my life.

Jul 23, 2016 1:03 PM
meeeeh it was okey I dont get hype.. Ill keep watching... maybe I will drop...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 23, 2016 4:00 PM
Really great episode and an amazing start to the show. There are a few inconsistencies in the art style but I'm really liking the dark and grim tones of the story so far.

Jul 23, 2016 5:16 PM

So I watched the first ep and am a bit confused. The man who killed Angelo's parents is Nero correct? and Nero isn't aware that he is the kid he failed to kill. Right?
~~~ Nora Chan
Follow me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/anime.calamity
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/anime_calamity
Want a big chat group who talks about anime (mostly Noragami)? DM my Insta for more info!

Jul 25, 2016 4:39 AM

the episode was pretty about how the guy is plotting revenge against those thugs who murdered his family, not much to tell so far
"All anime are equal except your taste"---Former U.S president Abraham Lincoln
"Great Anime have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."--Theoretical physicist Albert Einstein

Jul 26, 2016 2:55 PM

Very interesting! Seems like Baccano without unnatural stuff, that's great!

Seems like main character will infiltrate the mafia because of revenge killing the one who shooted his family in the end.
Godfather stuff, I already like it. I just hope they won't do many showy things because if I hated anything in this episode it was the blond guy.

Aug 6, 2016 3:46 PM

Pretty good episode this series looks promising.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]

Aug 7, 2016 6:27 PM

To be honest I didn't expect much out of this anime but it's actually kind decent for a mafia anime. When it said "Night of the Murder" and it turned to kids touching a candle I was like expecting the dude to touch it and some ridiculous thing happens to where he lights on first and dead. I was also expecting the kid who left to be murdered by the man he waved too but damn poor kid.
I'm a bit confused on some of the things they said but I can stand this anime at least.
forum set done by taiyaki

Aug 13, 2016 7:38 PM

Why did not start watching this earlier? I'm getting some great Baccano vibes from this, it's especially nice that most of the staff from Baccano is working on 91 Days.

Aug 14, 2016 2:39 PM

Was alright, a bit slower than I'd like though.
Revenge is coming! (maybe)

Sep 14, 2016 4:27 AM

Pretty good first episode. Looking forward to see how they reintroduce those killers back into the present story line.

Sep 24, 2016 6:21 PM

This is certainly different.. a kind of "The Godfather" in Japanese. Could have potential. Story is somewhat engaging so far. The classic revenge against the don theme. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Although this is not my favorite setting or genre of anime, the story and characters are engaging enough to make it a nice diversion from Japan life drama anime that I mostly watch.

Sep 28, 2016 10:40 AM

Sorry but, how can you call a person Cerotto? :'D
The episode was interesting, but the names were terrible.

Oct 13, 2016 12:51 PM

Quite a hard start I must say, not sure what to expect from this anime yet other than a quite (melo)dramatic anime.

Nov 14, 2016 2:28 AM

It is off to a really good start. Ir's being simuldubbed on Funimation. They are on ep 4 so I hope to get caught up quick.

The dub is well done so far. They have Jersey and gangster accents and do a decent enough job of it.

The animation looks good too. It has a very period piece feel to the sets. Good job on starting it out quick enough too.

Dec 1, 2016 8:44 PM

First show in a while that starts off with a major twist. I dig for sure.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.

Dec 16, 2016 12:29 PM

Why Didnt I Watch This Sooner.This Is An Underrated Gem

Dec 21, 2016 1:37 AM

Great start to this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Feb 7, 2017 3:59 PM
I have a very good First impresion. They have a very good intruduction in the series and the interesting characters. I need to see more XD

Aug 25, 2017 5:08 AM

I'm really liking the feel of this anime.

Sep 5, 2017 2:22 PM

Hmmm.... I normally don't watch animes like this, so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I put Baccano on hold awhile back and this has the same feel so we'll have to see ;3

Sep 20, 2017 5:52 AM
I have a crush on the main character💔😭😭😭

Oct 18, 2017 9:36 AM

Damn, I love it, and getting mafia vibes lol, this is reminding me of the Game Mafia II.

Dec 4, 2017 2:58 PM

That ending song is dreamy.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.

Dec 24, 2017 2:33 AM

Vanetti.
Dat mom booty.
Dem deaths.
7 years later.
Corteo.
Angelo with the save.
OnoD!
TsudaKen!
Angelo got him by the throat.
Dat fire.
He's Nero.

Good start.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jan 7, 9:38 PM
Great start for the first episode. The atmosphere felt really dark and heavy. Interesting that it is set in the Prohibition era. It's a pity that Avilio had to witness all those violent things while he was young. The battle in the bar was amazing especially when Corteo threw the paraffin. Looks like Nero and Avilio have crossed fate with each other. Looking forward to this anime.

Feb 25, 12:03 PM

Okay episode. Has elements of prohibition in it, which I am not familiar about. I have the aversion towards prohibition era settings, so it is not easy to get along with the story.

A mafia based rivalry. Looks like it is gonna take a while to get accustomed to the mafia types and groups. Only ones I remember are the Angelo/Bruno, the Oreos, and the Nero family.

Good thinking using paraffin to burn that ruffian down. Other than that, there wasn't much.
Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 12, 8:58 PM

what's up with angelo calling his friend his brother and leaving him for seven whole years, lol. i'm going to guess that he was 10 when his family was killed, so he's 17 now? definitely a teenager. a shame since i thought this would be an adult story.

this episode is pretty okay. nothing really exciting so far.
-------
Tokoya said:
This is my favorite first episode of the season by far

it's the first ep.....did you see into the future o.o

Doomdoctor said:
Can we take a moment to appreciate that amazing, amazing song at 9:30

i will check it out.
Modified by TomDay, Apr 12, 9:05 PM

Apr 30, 10:08 AM

not bad not bad so its a mafia themed anime huh. I definitely think that they could have done the introduction scene better when his family got murdered but for the rest a decent start. lets see where this goes

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]