Forum Settings
Forums
Jul 8, 2016 1:48 AM

I really want to start writing light novels. I have tons of different stories on my mind. Making an english manga is kinda hard and requires tons of work. Even as an art student, making comics/mangas is pretty hard. One of my inspirations is Kinoko Nasu, the creator of Fate. He started writing a Fate light novel during his high school (which we know now as Fate/Prototype, a reimagined version of his the first Fate). I prefer making a web light novel than publishing. Publishing is a lot of stress so...yeah... What's the best website to write one?

Jul 8, 2016 1:58 AM

I'd say just start drafting the whole thing in MS word or a similar word processor first. Publishing it on the web from the get go is more of a pain. Once you've written enough chapters to formulate a proper story and flow of things, I'd suggest making a blog, instead of using a platform where your work could go more unnoticed. But that's my advice.

they think I’m evil,
but lucifer is not my name

Jul 8, 2016 7:12 AM

Wattpad, probably. Since it's a community, somehow your work might be noticed, and if it is good, there's a bigger chance of it being popular in that place. There are also awards for the stories there. I don't know how it works though, since I don't look up too much about it.

Why I think it's better than setting up your own blog is that, publishing in your own blog requires yourself to promote it. No one can find your story through any search engine. Also, how many would go to google and search for random light novel from someone they don't know? By publishing in Wattpad, at least you know two things: the traffic there is higher than your blog could ever achieve (no offense), and everyone who visits that place want to read.

Jul 8, 2016 7:35 AM

Learn Japanese and start writing on syosetu.com

Learn of Rifujin, the god of 2D in his most holiest form and learn the mighty ways of the WN/LN.

Jul 8, 2016 8:05 AM
Open a word doc. Start writing. Done. If you don't want to reveal your works just write some fanfictions to test out your writing skills, then move on to the actual novel.

Jul 8, 2016 9:07 AM
Needs Pats

Thread Moved from Casual Discussion to the Creative Corner Board.
Please use the Creative Corner to show your creations to get help or feedback from our community. As this thread is asking for help on finding the best website to create a light novel, it was moved here.

Jul 8, 2016 9:09 AM

Royalroadl or wattpad like what above said to get explosure
DELIVERY sig by 2019 SS. Thank you very much <3 I love MDZS, there wasn't really a order except alphabetical on my favs list :D

Jul 11, 2016 6:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'm doing an English light novel (or just novel). I guess I'll post it on a blog or something. What's the best blogging site/site to make a blog?

Oct 30, 2017 8:10 AM
Is there an American or European website for Web Novels like the Japanese site, Shousetsuka ni Narou ? You have many investors there in the States, and not one would like to start and host such a site ? I could invest in starting such a site, but I don't have the funds for it, so I can only dream.

Starting an English-based WN site is necessary to start a new boom of successful WNs and published LN-style works from Western nations. If you like the Japanese style of works in LN format, support them by making our own LNs.

We can make our own LN works including Japanese honorrifics, and some aspects that mix both American and Japanese cultural references, so I think it'll be a hit, but I hope not many American WN/LN Authors would include too much Violent Tsunderes in their works though LOL.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Nov 8, 2017 10:11 PM

Rancze said:
I really want to start writing light novels. I have tons of different stories on my mind. Making an english manga is kinda hard and requires tons of work. Even as an art student, making comics/mangas is pretty hard. One of my inspirations is Kinoko Nasu, the creator of Fate. He started writing a Fate light novel during his high school (which we know now as Fate/Prototype, a reimagined version of his the first Fate). I prefer making a web light novel than publishing. Publishing is a lot of stress so...yeah... What's the best website to write one?

Hi Rancze,

But if you are intending to put your chapters online, then are you planning to write without expecting payment? Or are you thinking of an English version of Qidian, where readers have to pay to unlock chapters?

Nov 8, 2017 10:18 PM

CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Is there an American or European website for Web Novels like the Japanese site, Shousetsuka ni Narou ? You have many investors there in the States, and not one would like to start and host such a site ? I could invest in starting such a site, but I don't have the funds for it, so I can only dream.

Starting an English-based WN site is necessary to start a new boom of successful WNs and published LN-style works from Western nations. If you like the Japanese style of works in LN format, support them by making our own LNs.

We can make our own LN works including Japanese honorrifics, and some aspects that mix both American and Japanese cultural references, so I think it'll be a hit, but I hope not many American WN/LN Authors would include too much Violent Tsunderes in their works though LOL.

I like your idea!

If you don't have the funds to start such a site yourself, how about raising money through crowdfunding? Do you know any website designers or programmers who might be able to handle such a project?

I like writing as well, so if such a site appears, I will want to contribute! :)