Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ewww. That lollipop probably would have been really dirty after being hour's on his coat pocket.
KuruwinDec 17, 2016 10:53 PM
Jul 9, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
True that xD
not to mention the pocket would have been sticky as well
Dec 17, 2016 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
Are you guys ignoring that he was touching that cheese with his hands and throwing them into an old rucksack??
Dec 17, 2016 10:57 PM

Jul 2013
TEWG said:
Are you guys ignoring that he was touching that cheese with his hands and throwing them into an old rucksack??

Well that's something you have to deal with during the olden times. Like the fact that the merchant probably wouldn't wash his hands after going to the toilet and then he would just happily deal with the merchandise.

It adds to the flavor and you have fun time never knowing whether your stomach couldn't deal with milk or whether it was because of the poo in the cheese.
Mar 9, 2018 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! Guys, but as you are squeamish. Once was not too picky, you have been accustomed too well. XD

From today Heidi level up and goes from a simple girl to a shepherdess, thus increasing her life and skills, LOL!
Seriously, the episode describes well how the society bistrates those who do not conform to the style of life dictated by the foolish and anybody. As usual the atmosphere that you breathe is always full of love and simplicity, how beautiful!
Apr 1, 2019 4:56 AM

Sep 2011
Some time passed and Heidi is totally in love with her new life. She even wants to get as good as Peter when it comes to taking care of the goats. She struggled a bit, but she learned to whistle and Peter taught her how to milk them, everything is well for now.

Except that her grandfather's image and relationship with the villagers is really deteriorated. It's true he is unsociable, but there are people trying to force stuff on him too, like going to the church. I hope he doesn't give in, it isn't something that should be forced.
May 24, 2019 12:50 AM

Apr 2013
Felt a bit sad for the old man this episode, he really is being ostracized by the other people of the village, I wonder if something happened that made him want to live alone.

Also I really like Heidi and honestly felt tension that she couldn't prevent the goats from falling
Feb 8, 2020 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
This episode gently reminded me of the days back in my village. Whispers and gossips run amok amongst housewives, children playfully teasing each other, and stores made out of simple stone bustles with activity and peacefulness. Although, I have to say the ostracization that grandpa faces from the villagers is sad. I wonder what's the deal with them, and why do they seem to look at him in an unfavorable light? Is it because he is different and doesn't adhere to their society, preferring to stay living on the mountainside?
May 21, 2021 12:35 PM

Jan 2021
The villagers take the grandfather for a fool while they are the fools..
Feb 21, 2023 1:04 PM
Dec 2015
The village people absolutely suck

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 2 Discussion

catullus_d_rus - Mar 28, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 47 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

6 by k1Aegis »»
Jan 7, 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.