3It was OK
6.8%
2Disliked it
11.7%
1Hated it
58.3%
Average 2.1
103 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 6, 2016 8:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's like a 3D-ish looking anime with cute girls doing cute things..although they do have a goal of wanting to adapt idol themes.

Pretty underwhelming imo so far.

Jul 6, 2016 9:08 AM

Nov 2008
This needs to be filed under anime experiments that failed like Venus Project, it's even worse than Venus Project as it had effort put into it, VP just had a bad formula, this had not much effort put into it just like I said earlier.

Jul 7, 2016 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
The animation needs more work. It was quite bad!
Jul 7, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2010
This reminds me of an anime from a few years ago not sure what if was called but it had similar 3d going on and similar jokes.
Can't see with was good tho.
Any case this seemed to be all over the place as well.
Jul 8, 2016 5:39 PM
Apr 2016
Where i can watch this series?
;-;
Jul 8, 2016 7:27 PM
May 2016
I have been on crunchyroll, funimation, and kissanime, but I have not found it yet
Jul 8, 2016 8:10 PM
Apr 2016
Why?
Is it Because its a bad series or something like that ?
Jul 11, 2016 8:21 PM
Jun 2016
NG_Calen said:
I have been on crunchyroll, funimation, and kissanime, but I have not found it yet
Nether_Pastrana said:
Why?

Maybe the series is rare for the internet as this time. Somehow I found the first episode at dailymotion. The link is right here - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jr3ag
Jul 12, 2016 3:57 AM

May 2016
I personally didn't really like it, but I'm going to wait for the 2nd episode to come out to judge, and so far the score is a 3, and i'll drop it if it stays or goes lower. I suppose it's a new studio though, and it's their first anime.

Jul 12, 2016 12:50 PM

Nov 2010
It's another one of those series that barely pass as anime and are more akin to a podcast or a radio program. The dialogue is recorded in one go with the three voice actresses talking to each other in real time and crude 3D animation as avatars for their acting (I think it's motion captured).

I loved gdgd Fairies, which wasn't far from this concept, but I don't see the appeal here. Gdgd worked not only because of the girls, but also because they took advantage of the shitty 3D animation to ramp up the absurdist humo. It also had several different segments like a variety show, so each part didn't drag for too long. This one just seems so plain in comparison
Jul 13, 2016 12:54 AM

Dec 2014
I died when they transformed and just got the same outfit again.
Jul 13, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2015
MichiganReviewer said:
NG_Calen said:
Nether_Pastrana said:
Why?

Maybe the series is rare for the internet as this time. Somehow I found the first episode at dailymotion. The link is right here - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jr3ag
anyone else noticed Chino's pet in the bushiroad logo?

Jul 13, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2014
This is the biggest mess of a show I've seen. The camera was all over the place and the blonde girls hair stuck through one of the other girls. Couldn't even concentrate on whatever crap they were saying cos of the damn camera.
Jul 13, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
What the hell did i just watch?
Jul 13, 2016 1:44 PM
Jun 2016
SakurasouBusters said:
Pure Randomness.
Jul 13, 2016 1:45 PM
Jun 2016
Fuseteam said:
MichiganReviewer said:

anyone else noticed Chino's pet in the bushiroad logo?
Yes. Somehow I noticed that.
Jul 13, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2016
Was this anime made in MMD (Miku Miku Dance)?Cuz it looks like this anime was made in MMD.
Jul 13, 2016 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
What in the WORLD was that? That was just..terrible.
Jul 13, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2014
Fucking terrible. Most of it just feels like the seiyuus had a random conversation on Skype and some people tried to animate it.

Some of the worst production values I've seen in an anime ever. Cheap CG + still frames is not a good combination AT ALL. Voice acting also sounds very off.
Jul 13, 2016 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
I can't believe I had high expectations for this
Jul 13, 2016 3:37 PM

Jul 2008

What.... what did I just watch? Did this thing have a zero dollar budget? Why is the animation so bad? (even for CGI it's bad) Why are the desk giant? (I mean, look at that scale! Those desks are either really large or the main characters are really tiny)
I.... I don't even.... o__O"

All I have to say is :
GreenTea13Jul 13, 2016 3:59 PM
Jul 13, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
Well, at least they talk fast. Still better than a lot of anime this season. Dropped.
Jul 13, 2016 3:54 PM

Dec 2015
SakurasouBusters said:
This is what happens when Tesabugure decides to parody Komugichan:3
FuseteamJul 14, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 13, 2016 5:50 PM
Jun 2016
Ender_Charlotte said:
Was this anime made in MMD (Miku Miku Dance)?Cuz it looks like this anime was made in MMD.

It's looks like it, but still. I don't know yet.
Jul 13, 2016 6:01 PM
Jul 2011
Gersen said:
It's another one of those series that barely pass as anime and are more akin to a podcast or a radio program. The dialogue is recorded in one go with the three voice actresses talking to each other in real time and crude 3D animation as avatars for their acting (I think it's motion captured).

I loved gdgd Fairies, which wasn't far from this concept, but I don't see the appeal here. Gdgd worked not only because of the girls, but also because they took advantage of the shitty 3D animation to ramp up the absurdist humo. It also had several different segments like a variety show, so each part didn't drag for too long. This one just seems so plain in comparison
You seem to be the only other person in this topic who isn't a newb to this kind of show. It is what it is. The jokes could be better in this and there could be a bit more coherence (Segahai had a bit more coherence in that at least they stuck to a situation; they seem to be just asking seiyuu to say random seasonal phrases in this one). Still, it doesn't deserve a 1 or a 4. I think 6 or 5 make sense, but I tend to rate shows that are pure annoying junk at 5 or below. The show doesn't annoy me and lets me pass the time, so I'll give it a pass and hope it gets better.

I really do wish anime fans could try and understand style before immediately blacklisting a show, though. You can dislike that style all you want, but you should try and see if there's anything to enjoy. As you said, GDGD was fun. Shows with odd art styles or a lack of animation can be good, but it all depends on how it's used and what it's aiming for. This is not an action show, so it doesn't matter as much.
Jul 13, 2016 6:53 PM

May 2010
wait... did they just transform and not change anything about them? is this some kind of parody??
Jul 13, 2016 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
This horrible thing it's just a bad spin off Tesagure Bukatsumono.

The CGI are terrible bad, look at that collisions between objects and gravity effect on hair.

Also the lipsink issue.
gamamewJul 13, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 13, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2014
LogiRogi said:
Still, it doesn't deserve a 1 or a 4. I think 6 or 5 make sense, but I tend to rate shows that are pure annoying junk at 5 or below. The show doesn't annoy me and lets me pass the time, so I'll give it a pass and hope it gets better.

You rate pure annoying junk as "average?" You do know what a 5 means, right?
Jul 13, 2016 8:17 PM
Jun 2016
I find it to be pretty meh as a series, but I like the concept. For now, I'm going to continue watching it, because it's really helpful for my conversational Japanese.
Jul 13, 2016 8:37 PM
Jul 2011
Sokah said:
LogiRogi said:
Still, it doesn't deserve a 1 or a 4. I think 6 or 5 make sense, but I tend to rate shows that are pure annoying junk at 5 or below. The show doesn't annoy me and lets me pass the time, so I'll give it a pass and hope it gets better.

Most shows don't deserve anything too low unless they can't be described as actual, functional anime. I'd have to hate half of a show to give it a 5 or more for less. Usually I can enjoy parts but not like parts or be tired of the premise. Does pandering garbage deserve a 2? Not in my opinion.
Jul 13, 2016 8:45 PM

Jun 2014
Absolute dogshit. Seriously, it was that bad.
Jul 13, 2016 9:36 PM

Mar 2014
Our heroes must travel to the magical land of Nar(n)ia to save them from the ice queen. Sadly, I'm dropping this and won't be able to witness the girls visiting Mr. Tumbus or Arszlan.
Jul 13, 2016 10:55 PM

Nov 2012
what the fuck was this even
Jul 13, 2016 11:20 PM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
I had no expectations and I was still let down.
Jul 13, 2016 11:58 PM
May 2009
If this is actually being ad libbed, motion captured, and rendered live then I am impressed.
Jul 14, 2016 12:04 AM

Oct 2014
I swear this has even worse animation than Mahou Yuugi 3D which aired 15 years prior. I know that new technology takes a while to perfect, but why would they bother making an anime with an animation device that doesn't even work yet?
Jul 14, 2016 1:30 AM

Feb 2008
My first impression : WTF did I watch?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 14, 2016 1:47 AM
May 2016
Seriously I don't like the blonde girl's voice like when she started talking (which is kinda shouting) it hurt my ears!
Jul 14, 2016 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
this is officially, the worst thing i have watched in my life.
will skip some episodes and watch the last ones.
Jul 14, 2016 6:48 AM

Dec 2015
Sokah said:
LogiRogi said:

I do that too though I don't find much actually junk now imagine what that means for those rated under 5........................

Jul 14, 2016 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
I honestly don't think this how even had script. I think they probably said to the seiyuus: "Just talk about something and then we'll put some cheap CG models". Hell, seiyuus here aren't even using their work voices. It's just a normal voices.
Jul 14, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
Blackbird said:
My first impression : WTF did I watch?
My first impression tesagure parodying komugichan? Interesting xD

Jul 14, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
What the F is this?...

The girls animation was so crappy, there was a lot of clippings and clothes going into their bodies.

And what's with the "Crab Walk" legs? thir legs are constantly spread like they want to go "poo" or something...

And nothing happens beside them constantly talking and TALKING... like they're DRUNK...

I am skipping this show...

The Title was a Trap, and I got Lured.... ashamed, no longer trust the words "Mahou Shoujo"

And did I mention anything non-CG was pure static?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 14, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
So it's the mahou shoujo version of Tesagure. I was meh about that at first too, but it turned out to be pretty good, so we'll see.
Jul 15, 2016 11:53 AM

Mar 2009
LogiRogi said:
Gersen said:

You seem to be the only other person in this topic who isn't a newb to this kind of show. It is what it is. The jokes could be better in this and there could be a bit more coherence (Segahai had a bit more coherence in that at least they stuck to a situation; they seem to be just asking seiyuu to say random seasonal phrases in this one). Still, it doesn't deserve a 1 or a 4. I think 6 or 5 make sense, but I tend to rate shows that are pure annoying junk at 5 or below. The show doesn't annoy me and lets me pass the time, so I'll give it a pass and hope it gets better.

I really do wish anime fans could try and understand style before immediately blacklisting a show, though. You can dislike that style all you want, but you should try and see if there's anything to enjoy. As you said, GDGD was fun. Shows with odd art styles or a lack of animation can be good, but it all depends on how it's used and what it's aiming for. This is not an action show, so it doesn't matter as much.

Exactly what I was thinking. Have any of you never seen a flash animation before? This style is used in a lot of short comedy series. They intentionally make it like this.

I for one liked it. It wasn'tas good as GDGD or Nyarko-san, but still funny. Especially when they transformed into the same clothes.

And I really liked how it was just three girls having a real conversation. And I agree that it must have been motion capture , because you get their real body language, etc.

I think this is a cool concept, and has potential. As long as they can keep the jokes fresh .
Jul 15, 2016 12:32 PM
Oct 2010
I loved every second of this show, but it's hard to watch if you haven't seen Ishidate's previous works
Jul 16, 2016 3:11 AM
Feb 2016
I can't believe that they think art like this is ok.
Lots of still images.
And then these MMD girls chatting nonsense for wasting time.
Even in MMD, very minimalistic movements. Hair doesn't even move properly.

Never seen something like this in my life.
Jul 16, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2011
lol what the hell was with those transformation lines?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 16, 2016 9:07 PM

Sep 2015
wtf. I honestly had expectations for this my the premise. I honestly thought the plot of making an anime of yourselves to become popular as a pretty interesting plot for a SoL.
But the actual episode had nothing to do with that. It's like the VAs just talked to each other casually with some really poor jokes. Then they made an MMD out of it.

The described plot of this show sounds like it is describing the actual producers.: trying to make a animu of themselves in a magical girl show to become famous and fail. Except they forgot the fail part.

If the transformation scene was a joke on changing it to the exact clothes they already wore, then that would be the only thing they did well because I honestly laughed.
Jul 17, 2016 12:23 AM

Nov 2015
Animation is bad, the girls are cute tho. It reminded me of Jk Meshi!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

20 by Shade_Genkai »»
Apr 30, 2023 9:51 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

19 by AniStrawberry »»
Nov 6, 2022 11:12 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

8 by GierPure »»
Aug 8, 2021 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

8 by Chi_Ho_Lau »»
Mar 9, 2017 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2016

12 by Chi_Ho_Lau »»
Mar 9, 2017 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.