Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2016 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So its basically going to be a decision on who's to get the serum. I don't like this serum sub plot but whatever, Honestly I'm more stunned that Armin is still alive. Anyways I hope Isayama doesn't drag this drama out, hopefully a decision can be made by next chapter.

So in the end at this current moment Berthold, Armin or Erwin is going to die. Also Reiner is the king of plot armor, he truly is the armored titan, impenetrable indeed! Lol

keragammingJul 6, 2016 7:32 AM
Jul 6, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2015
I thought it pretty obvious what was going to happen. What's going on in the preview to the next chapter though? That is what really interests me.

I actually feel somewhat less confident about Armin's survival than I did before.
Jul 6, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
Despite all the disappointment of Armin's survival , I can't help getting excited ! the chapter looks amazing.
Jul 6, 2016 11:53 AM
Dec 2015
i just hope armin to be alive
Jul 6, 2016 11:15 PM
Jan 2014
The plot twist will be that Armin gets the serum somehow but then he's unable to eat Reiner by the magic of plot-armor so he stays as a mindless titan.
Then the tragedy will be that Eren or Mikasa kills Armin in self-defense, Reiner escapes and Erwin dies from his injuries.

kek
Jul 7, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
lol Erwin and Armin are barely alive, who will they use the titan serum on?
Jul 7, 2016 3:07 AM

Oct 2014
j0x said:
lol Erwin and Armin are barely alive, who will they use the titan serum on?

I find interesting that on the flashback where Erwin explains about the serum to everyone, he says:

"In other words, those with severe injuries will take priority for the injection."

So by Erwin's orders, Armin should be the one getting it.

However as we can see, Levi thinks saving Erwin will be better for humanity. He doesn't even know Hanji is still alive, he probably thinks he's going to be left alone with a few kids and that's all... so he thinks the logic decision should be saving Erwin.

I like a theory I've seen around: Erwin waking up and ordering Levi to use it on Armin.

I don't really want to see Mikasa vs Levi.
Jul 7, 2016 6:43 AM

Aug 2012
Zeke: "Reiner…You’re one lucky bastard". You really are Reiner...god dam.
Well Armin and Erwin are still barely alive, really thought Armin was dead though. Quad Titan truly is the MVP for all the things it has down for Zeke and a letter from Ymir to Christa makes me worried for her status atm.
Jul 7, 2016 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
I actually enjoyed this chapter. It was filled with inconsistencies (like how that soldier carried Erwin so fast, or how they arrived they and Levi arrived at the same time etc.), but ignoring these facts, seeing a bit actually drama and development for the main characters is refreshing.

There was only one thing I really hated in this chapter: Reiner. Why can't this guy just die already? After seeing him survive, seeing that Armin was alive was really easy to accept in comparison.

Between Armin and Erwin, there really isn't any right decision. On one hand, Erwin has more experience. On the other hand, Armin is younger, and is probably even smarter than Erwin. Erwin wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice anyone for the greater good, even Levi. Armin would avoid sacrificing anyone besides himself, and he would never sacrifice Mikasa or Eren. I think for plot purposes, it would be better if both characters die, but I have a feeling that Armin will be the one to come back. (and then they can carry a near death Erwin to the basement).

I really feel bad for the main characters at that last part. Especially for Mikasa and Levi. I also felt bad for Eren but I am used to seeing him angry by know, so the reaction of Levi and Mikasa had a much bigger impact. Levi is about to lose his last friend, while Mikasa is about to lose her last family (besides Eren of course). I don't know. I think their reactions were pretty believable. I can't blame Levi for hesitating and I definitely can't blame Mikasa for being desperate and potentially attacking Levi for the Serum. Btw. anyone who said that Mikasa doesn't care for Armin (or anyone besides Eren) can hopefully stop now. Idk, Mikasa is my favorite character, I don't think that she and Levi will fight in the next chapter (Neither of them looked angry, just desperate), but I hope this won't cause a rift between
Mikasa/Eren and Levi.

I just hope that one of the Titan shifters finally dies here. While it had many inconsistencies, this chapter and 82 made me excited after a long time, so I am willing to ignore those, as long as it has a good conclusion in the next chapter.
Jul 7, 2016 11:30 AM
Sep 2015
As much as it pains me to admit (since Armin is my favourite character) Levi is right, Erwin is a far more logical solution, he has the influence and tactical prowess as the SC commander, probably in a few years Armin would have reached his level, but right now what humanity needs is Erwin, not Armin.
Also, cross my fingers Isayama doesn't turn this into some 'Ackerman vs Ackerman' drama, besides the fact that it's cheap, Mikasa is no match for Levi, it would just be boring and pointless for the overall plot.
Jul 7, 2016 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
Found it only in Spanish with crappy photocopy-looking scans. Still worth the read.
Everyone discussing about team Armin and team Erwin and no one even mentions Sasha :'C

Seriously though, I actually expected Armin to be dead. There's no way a fried person would be able to breathe, extreme heat produces a pulmonary edema as far as I know. Well, if not even House gets the facts totally right what am I expecting from medieval dark fantasy? Suspension of desbelief I guess. But still, plot-wise, I was hoping they confirmed him dead and saved the predictable cheap drama. Oh yeah, and something tells me there's no guarantee the serum will work... What if a fight ensues and they accidentally destroy the container? What if the person dies while it's being injected? Maybe it doesn't work and Isayama just wanted to troll us even harder, I mean he's spared Reiner how many times now? The discovery of a titan serum seemed way too convenient to me at that time. I'm hoping I'm wrong on all of this, though.

Then we have Zeke who despite running his ass off to escape from Levi has some time to FIND and FETCH Reiner just in time. ¬¬ I'm starting to believe this revelation that Zeke wants to tell Eren will make him do a 180 and end up friends with Reiner or something and he will have an even bigger (and perhaps redeeming) purpose. I hope none of this happens, just kill him already, dammit. /rant

I was thinking... IF the survey corps manage to survive their travel back home we may be able witness a twisted reunion between Bertoldt and Annie... That'd be nice. Especially considering that Hanji will be conducting the torturing in order to extract information.

Now, please... JUST GET TO THE BASEMENT DAMMIT!! I don't care who they save (though objectively speaking it should be Erwin), just avoid killing each other while you argue.

4/5 for the diabolus ex machina that allowed Reiner to survive AGAIN.
Crossing my fingers for NOT a fight between Mikasa and Levi, that'd be unnecessary fan service at this point.
Jul 8, 2016 4:57 AM

Oct 2011
Armin is so going to get the serum.
Jul 8, 2016 8:03 AM

Mar 2015
@kchorrex2012 as far as I know the buildup of fluid in the lungs is a gradual process, and as Armin has been alive for all of a minute or so, it seems wrong to expect him to have stopped breathing due to edema.

It also says somewhere in the chapter that Sasha is not fatally injured, so that really takes her out of the running.
Jul 8, 2016 6:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I knew Armin will be alive, but damn who should get the serum? Erwin is the backbone of the Survey Corps, but Armin's pretty damn smart (he game up with a lot of good ideas this arc and kinda saved a lot of people's asses). Reiner must be loving all that plot armor he's wearing, lol.

4/5
Jul 8, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2013
Ok after reading the chapter it was better than I thought, I still have a bad taste in my mouth with Armin somehow still alive, I'm no expert when it comes to burn to the human body, but I find I hard to believe someone could survive that. He survive for the sake of the plot but in a unrealistic way in my opinion.

Anyways, 4/5 for this one.
Jul 8, 2016 7:05 PM

Aug 2012
I just hope berthold doens't escape too in the next chapter while they are busy arguing who would use the serum.
Jul 8, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2014
My goodness Reiner is fucking immortal. I've lost count of the number of times he's survived a situation in which any other character would have died.

I'm not a big fan of this whole "who gets the serum?" thing, mainly because I think Erwin should have died. After that epic, death-flaggy speech he gave several chapters ago, his death was practically confirmed and seemed inevitable. And I have no clue how Armin survived that, maybe he had on an extra layer of plot armor. Hopefully this drama is resolved in the next chapter, I don't want it to drag out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 8, 2016 8:06 PM
Nov 2015
Levi: save Erwin
Mikasa: save Armin
Civil War
Jul 8, 2016 8:14 PM

Jul 2015
omg the angst is real.
I don't give a shit about erwin he's annoying and needs to die, armin is okay, sasha is bae and she's the one who actually needs the serum, and reiner and bertholdt shouldn't be eaten ugh, there's always the beast titan.

and fuck levi for taking eriwn's side and breaking my ereri heart.
but anyway one of the best chapters ever wow
Jul 8, 2016 8:17 PM

Nov 2011
So it looks like Levi and Eren has conflicting ideas about who to exactly save. Interesting. Personally, I think Armin deserves that injection more or at least, I hope he somehow lives through this.
Jul 8, 2016 8:26 PM

Jun 2016
I fine with either Armin or Erwin being save. Ehh Mikasa picking fight with Levi,Levi would destroy her this is the man who manage to overpower a titan shifters singlehandely. I am happy Reiner is save he is one of my favourites characters Man he is so hard to be kill
PrideRoyalIvyJul 8, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 8, 2016 8:29 PM

Nov 2012
FloatingIdiot said:
@kchorrex2012 as far as I know the buildup of fluid in the lungs is a gradual process, and as Armin has been alive for all of a minute or so, it seems wrong to expect him to have stopped breathing due to edema.

It also says somewhere in the chapter that Sasha is not fatally injured, so that really takes her out of the running.

As far as I know extreme heat also produces a cardiac arrest... but whatever XD After the impact of Armin and Erwin's final scenes it seems kinda cheap, even if it was correctly foreshadowed. Let's hope Bertoldt doesn't have an ace in the hole and manages to destroy/steal the serum while they're arguing.
About Sasha, the translation I read wasn't very specific really, but I suspected her wounds weren't too much of a worry if they just passingly mentioned her. I'd really like to see her in titan form, it might be interesting to see how her enhanced senses work in titan form. But yeah, she's obviously not going to get the serum.
kchorrex2012Jul 8, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 8, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2008
I think Armin will get the serum. Erwin might told Levi to give it to Armin.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 8, 2016 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
The Ape Titan wants to save Eren. Levi is a freaking Beast taking down all those Titan & coming straight for the Ape Titan.

Reiner getting saved by the Ape Titan. He sure is lucky.
Amazed that Armin is still alive from those burns. Erwin is still breathing.

Levi now has the choice. Armin or Erwin.
Who will he save with the injection?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 8, 2016 8:57 PM

May 2015
I honestly thought Armin died last chapter, so the revelation of him being alive was a huge disappointment for me (the plot armor in this manga is so real). I really hope Armin doesn't get the serum. I want Isayama to break the plot armor and finally kill off one of the biggest main characters.
Jul 8, 2016 9:19 PM

Mar 2014
why is crunchyroll keeping this chapter behind a paywall
Jul 8, 2016 9:47 PM

Nov 2008
I really hope Erwin gets the serum and Armin dies.
Jul 8, 2016 10:02 PM

Apr 2011
Mikasa will definitely kill Erwin.
Jul 8, 2016 10:11 PM
Nov 2015
although the choice of who gets the serum is unnecessary and might be even bad since it will create a conflict between fans of their dying characters, the idea is interesting to say at least. It's similar with the "trolley problem", however different from 5 people that you don't know here you have 2 people that are knwon by their comrades. Even worse what sort of dilemma you use to justify saving one and killing another? For me I give 8.5/10
Jul 9, 2016 12:02 AM

Mar 2015
Naniwa88 said:

I don't really want to see Mikasa vs Levi.

Me neither. Seriously WTF is up with that bullshit?

And wow @ dat Reiner's plot armor... sigh...........
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 9, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
Kelvin501 said:
I honestly thought Armin died last chapter, so the revelation of him being alive was a huge disappointment for me (the plot armor in this manga is so real). I really hope Armin doesn't get the serum. I want Isayama to break the plot armor and finally kill off one of the biggest main characters.

Man you summed up my thought to a fucking T. Like, of course I like Armin but plot armor fucking sucks so much.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 9, 2016 12:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
If Bertholdt escapes next chapter, I'm dropping the manga. It's about time the Titans start losing abut more than they have been.

I bet Erwin regains consciousness and tells them to use it on Armin. Or we'll had a battle royale.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 9, 2016 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
It's all going to end with the basement. Maybe more serums inside, or some other secret. I don't think Erwin or Armin will last much longer, but if they can hold out for as long as it takes for the rest to get to the basement, then maybe there's some sort of hope for the both of them. Perhaps, if they find more serums, then they'll turn one into just a regular, mindless titan and keep him under locks while they look for another titan-shifter (better than dead, right?). Don't forget, they still have Annie, though I doubt anything will happen to her, not like she's gonna get eaten or anything. Anyway all this is probably unlikely; I know a lot of people want to see one or the other dead, and that is most likely what will happen.
Said all I want from you is to see you tomorrow and every tomorrow, maybe you’ll let me borrow your heart.
Jul 9, 2016 1:13 AM

May 2012
I feel like this is REALLY unneeded conflict. As much as it does suck, Armin should've died in the last chapter from just the drop alone. He fell down meters and meters onto the roofs which should have instantly killed him and got cooked alive as well.

Also, shouldn't Erwin have died as well? He had a large gaping hole in his stomach, no? Pretty sure someone should bleed out FAST from that.

This seems really silly, but despite that, my vote goes to Erwin since he's essentially the brains of all the operations.

Jul 9, 2016 1:18 AM

Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
I think Erwin should have died. After that epic, death-flaggy speech he gave several chapters ago, his death was practically confirmed and seemed inevitable.

I think he still will. But instead of dying alone who knows where, he will open his eyes, and give his last order to Levi: use the serum on Armin. Then he will die, some of them will cry, and it will be super dramatic. Mikasa and Eren will resent Levi a bit but since Armin will be alive, eventually they will forgive him.

There's many reasons why I think Armin should be the one getting the serum, but one of the the most important is the consequences that any of the two outcomes would have.

Armin dying because Levi refused to give him the serum, would make Eren and Mikasa to hate Levi. Mikasa would probably want to kill him. I doubt they would be able to work together anymore. Even if they somehow realize it was for "the good of humanity", they will consider it a betrayal. This would completely affect the story, on a very negative way.

But if Erwin dies, nothing like that would happen. Also it would move the story forward, it would finally make Hanji commander, it would make Armin the one who makes the plans now, it would force Jean into a position of leadership even more. Basically it would push things into very interesting ways without being a catastrophe.
Jul 9, 2016 2:00 AM

Dec 2015
Dammit what a decision. This is pretty painful. I really hope Mikasa and Levi don't fight, this is not the time for them to be fighting each other and creating a rift. I can understand both decisions, Armin is important to Mikasa and Eren, Erwin to Levi. This sucks so much because one of them is definitely going to die... I think Armin will be saved but... :(

Also Reiner pls die dude, wth.
Jul 9, 2016 2:01 AM

Jan 2015
Pffft this is easy Armin will get the Serum but he's annoying. I wish Sasha or Erwin would get it.
Jul 9, 2016 2:13 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty much this during the end

Jul 9, 2016 2:23 AM

Oct 2014
leonstone said:
and fuck levi for taking eriwn's side and breaking my ereri heart.
but anyway one of the best chapters ever wow

He chose humanity, not Erwin. To him, both things are the same. He thinks Hanji is dead. He doesn't know if the rest of them are even alive. He seems himself there with 2 kids, and obviously thinks he needs Erwin or they are never going to win that war. He is acting by what he thinks is his duty.

Also I believe he feels guilty. Erwin sacrificed his life (and basically the rest of the survey corps left) to give him a shot at killing Zeke. And he failed. That's why he was yelling "I promised him" on earlier chapters. He failed and the moment he saw Zeke running away, he realized Erwin would probaby have died for nothing, and thought in going back and using the serum on Erwin. But he didnt. He kept chasing Zeke until he was inside the walls. Again did his duty first.

I know many are putting too many romantic implications into Levi's decision (tumblr is a mess, they are really annoying, like "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO GAY, YOU CAN SEE THE LOVE ON LEVI'S EYES, HE CANT STAND HIS SOULMATE DYING" and similar bullshit) but I think he is on soldier mode and it's trying to do what he thinks it's best, regardless of his personal feelings.
Jul 9, 2016 2:44 AM

Jun 2015
Eren: Sergeant the injection!
Levi: This injection will be used on Erwin!
Eren: You said you will use it on Armin…
Levi:I will save the one who can save the world.
Eren: Mikasa…
Levi: …don’t!
Eren: Sorry Levi , you know i wouldn’t do this if i had any other choice.But Armin is my friend!
Levi: So was Erwin…

yes , i know! I have way too much free time :P
Jul 9, 2016 3:08 AM
Dec 2015
I...didn't expect Armin to survive at all.
I kept going 'pfft' while reading those fan theories about the serum thing.
I just can't....it seems too impossible....
It is not like I am mad, but I am conflicted. The last chapter kind of lost impact now...
But anyway, I am not angry, I am actually glad he is alive! However, what is going to happen? Also, will Sasha die or something??????
Jul 9, 2016 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
Why this Monthly manga have the pace of a weekly release...? this is progressing at snail speed.
Jul 9, 2016 5:08 AM
Apr 2015
Armin, Erwin & Reiner surviving is way too much plot armor in a single chapter.

Armin got his entire skin burned, fell from 50 meters high, landed on a tiled roof and still lives on somehow.

Erwin got his guts pierced by rocks, was taken on the back of a soldier for like 500m + went up & down the wall, and he's still got a breathe.

Reiner well plot armor much as always:
Jean: "Pls don't kill him"
Hange: "Lol k"
Zeke:"Thx for letting me save him"
Connie:"Should I chase him? I mean, it's only one dog titan without any hardening ability here and I got about 40% of my gas left"
Hange:"Nah better let those psychos escape, I mean it's not like you had a 50% chance killing them and in the case you fail & get eaten it's totally not like you were even important to the survey corps anyway"
Connie: "I guess you're right, me surviving is way more important than letting these 2 escape"

Then Levi somehow manages to kill about 15 titans with 2 blades only & little gas left, well that's humanity's strongest for you.

Lastly the injection business, Mikasa and Eren going mad over Levi choosing Erwin over Armin, it makes sense given Erwin is a more capable fighter than Armin (better build, more experience) and is the leader of the Survey Corps, and we don't even know whether the injection would work on Armin anyway given that his body is all burned, his blood system is probably a mess now compared to Erwin's.
Jul 9, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2016
No one gonna mention Levi Solo pack of wild titan??

Lol if its that easy they shud clear all the titan with just levi, wtf he is beast
Jul 9, 2016 5:24 AM
Mar 2016
wow that was so intense
I think they re gonna decide to choose erwin but he himself will order to give the serum to armin ..
I am so frustrated that reiner didn t die argh want him dead already makes me mad xp
I want both erwin and armin back but if armin dies I am gonna follow him T^T
Jul 9, 2016 5:25 AM
Mar 2016
wow that was so intense
I think they re gonna decide to choose erwin but he himself will order to give the serum to armin ..
I am so frustrated that reiner didn t die argh want him dead already makes me mad xp
I want both erwin and armin back but if armin dies I am gonna follow him T^T
Jul 9, 2016 7:25 AM
Jun 2013
I hope they save Armin ;; I like Erwin a lot but Armin is my absolute favorite.

Also whyyy is Reiner still alive. To be honest I was hoping for a redemption arc for him, but I was hoping for that several near deaths earlier. This is just getting ridiculous.

Glad Sasha is alive! ;w;
Jul 9, 2016 7:36 AM
Jul 2016
I'm glad they are finally calling Levi out for the BS he does and says. Eren doesnt need to trust anyone but Mikasa and Armin. If they have to fight Levi then so be it.
Jul 9, 2016 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
Mikasa, hold your horses! this can be talked out.

Well, I think they should save Armin, I know that Erwin has a lot of influence and all, but, Armin could be as good as Erwin as the commander... with more confidence of course. And yeah, I don't have much reason for this thought, just a sentiment I guess.

Levi is humanity's strongest without a doubt, but to take all these titans down in an open area?! I'm just having a hard time to accept this.

Eren's father deceiving his son? does this beast titan really believe that Eren will even consider his words?
Jul 9, 2016 8:46 AM

Oct 2014
Elliott_Blair said:
I'm glad they are finally calling Levi out for the BS he does and says. Eren doesnt need to trust anyone but Mikasa and Armin. If they have to fight Levi then so be it.

Yeah, f*uck him for trying to save humanity, he is so awful, who does he think he is, trying to save the commander of their only forces left? Of course he should save Armin, does Levi not know Armin is a protagonist and fan favorite? And yeah all the BS he has done and said (????). All those shit jokes should be punished somehow. I agree Eren doesn't need anyone, he should take Mikasa and Armin and run away. He will defeat the titans by yelling very loud at them with an angry face.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.