Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
*sigh* I wish I could work in a company surrounded by women -_-

Jul 5, 2016 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
This is a pretty cool episode. Not much happens other than typical first day shenanigans such as making embarrassing mistakes, trying to show your worth by impressing your peers and meeting your new co-workers.

Aoba is lucky to be working on the 3rd installment of a game that she absolutely adores and inspired her to choose this career path. If it was me, I'd freak the hell out and work my ass off so I can understand her excitement and joy.

Jul 5, 2016 9:42 AM

Nov 2014
Audodesk Saya, lol...

This is one of those inspiring "I'm going to do my best!" anime. It's cute.

Hifumi is already my favorite character.

5/5
Jul 5, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
Im so jelly
Im an aspiring game designer already practicing game design and programming but have yet to find an actually job in the game industry
But dam, I love the MC, she reminds me of me when I a newbie in work
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2015
How... the fuck is finding a job so easy

How... the fuck is a video game company full of the wrong sex

Which are unimportant things. Not spectacular but cute premiere, fast production, Doga Kobo on form, promising
Jul 5, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2009
So far 1:1 from source material
Jul 5, 2016 10:50 AM

Jun 2016
I like it so far. The animation is nice and I really like Kou and Aoba.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 5, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
Seems like this is one of the shows that works a lot better in anime than it does in manga.

Hifumi is the series' best girl so far.
Jul 5, 2016 11:17 AM

May 2010
A sol anime about work and not high school, hell yeah! As always Doga Kobo is great at SoL, I love them

Hifumi is really cute, I love her already <3 Hajime, too! Tbh all the girls are really cute

Already loving this, as expected <3
Jul 5, 2016 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
Wonderful episode. Loved how this show is based on a newbie joining the working world. Seeing Aoba's earnest performance reminded me of when I first entered the workplace and started on my first job. Whilst a game company setting may be a lot different from your usual corporate setting, I could still see all the similarities in assimilating yourself into a team as the new component.

Enjoyed this first episode immensely. Now I cannot wait until they get to crunch time in the game development. Much appreciation for this show already, and looking forward to the next episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 5, 2016 11:19 AM

Feb 2016
hey guys , does this anime have working or servant x service vibes ? Cause im looking for something like that " not too much into work but more into people working "
Also is there too much talking in it ?
hisokathebutcherJul 5, 2016 11:27 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 5, 2016 11:37 AM

Sep 2013
Company with all moe girls and kindness? :'( the genre needs a fantasy tag added.

Aoba a cute and so is everyone else <3

Jul 5, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
Loved it, my favorite parts were:
- "Easy peasy" "She already got inluenced!"
- Hifumi ignoring Aoba , Kou-senpai sent message "Look behind you"

Looking forward to see more, i hope they will include crunch time :)
Jul 5, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2015
That was a really cute, adorable and funny first episode. I'm loving it already! Cute girls creating games. I like it. Hifumi is so cute and adorable <3. I'm loving the other characters as well! And next to that, the OP is catchy as fuck XD.

I'm looking forward to this! Another Doga Kobo moe show is always welcome XD.

Jul 5, 2016 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
I can't believe the PS3's this old that an 18 year old girl's favourite game from when she was a kid was a PS3 game, goddamn.
Jul 5, 2016 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
Cuteness overload!!! X__X

Anyway, the first episode was very enjoyable. Lovely art & animation, funny characters and a really cute and enthusiastic MC as well, Doga Kobo might've hit the jackpot already.

@OrangeJP has got it spot on though. Most guys, me included, would love to work at that game company, or any company of the sort, and be surrounded by lovely ladies. A dream too far for me right now... >_<
Jul 5, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2008
Let the yuri ships begin!
Jul 5, 2016 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Paul said:
Let the yuri ships begin!

Head on over to Dynasty-Scans and you'll find that the yuri ships began ages ago. :P

Anyway, I enjoyed it as I enjoyed the manga, was fun to see what changes were made from the manga and, there's quite a few. :P
Manga spoiler;

Been pretty hyped for this one ever since it was announced as I've been following the manga since it first appeared on dynasty-scans, and I must say that so far it's living up to my hype. :)

The voice actors are a great bunch, and as I suspected after finishing the episode, a lot of them are fairly new to the Anime VA scene, which I only guessed based on recognition of the voices, as I didn't recognize most of them.
Only three(?) having had more than 10 roles.
But I feel they fit the characters well, I especially like Hifumi's and Aoba's VA's.
But who will be my favourite we'll see, will have to hear them more to decide. :P
KatsJul 5, 2016 2:51 PM
Jul 5, 2016 2:58 PM
Nov 2015
The moe is real. 3/5 so far, but as far as I'm concerned, this has potential to become the next Shirobako.
Jul 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
Jul 5, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed ep 1. This has a very nice color palette and an interesting setting. The office environment looks inviting, unlike the sterile, cream-colored cubicle sea that I work in. The characters are nice and different enough to easily recognize who's who. It was also pretty funny.
Jul 5, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
You know I never really get why people are into moe anime, and the only moe anime I have seen is Gakkou Gurashi, but alot of that anime had Horror and Psychological in it

Decided to give this type of genre another try, but this was just bad

Dropped
Jul 5, 2016 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
gaming industry shirobako style ahhh yay
Jul 5, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
18 years old...looking like a 12 years old. Asian.
Anyway, this is great for the first episode, introducing all the main characters and their personality which is a plus.
Looking forward to more episode.
Jul 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2010
BrandNew_Lanz said:

Which are unimportant things. Not spectacular but cute premiere, fast production, Doga Kobo on form, promising

Exactly this.lol
Anyway i think i'll pass i hate cute girls doing cute things anime.Its the gaming industry only full of little girls ? It would of been more interesting if it was grown women who look their age.I thought it would of been like Shirobako so i give it a try but boy was i wrong.Shirobako its how you do the industry right,in that show you get your cute little women a mixed gender cast and decent plot.
hack5Jul 5, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 5, 2016 5:32 PM

Dec 2008
Lead Character Artist is best chick.
Game Director is 2nd best chick. All good, all good.
Hifumi 3rd best chick <3 (Secretly best chick)

>Autodesk Saya
@Snakes You gotta watch this!!

LMFAO! I fucking knew she was gna get carried away with the messaging! It's a bit hard to find that right spot between casual and formal when talking to devs & coworkers at my place since some are really chill while others are no nonsense srs bznz.

>tfw you get to work on a game for one of your all time favorite series'.
Don't worry Aoba. You'll come to partially regret that decision soon enough and be filled with conflicted love and hate for the game. I'M ALWAYS TORN APART! The worst is knowing things that were cut due to time and budget constraints. Some you won't care about, but others just break your heart :(

Lmao I was expecting her to break NDA in the last scene. I should not be going into this with real life in mind lolol.

Really fun episode tho. Can't wait for more.

So much gay subtext <3
sarroushJul 5, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 5, 2016 6:05 PM
Sep 2014
Kerozinn said:
i gonna pass/drop this cause i am not into teenage girls pretending to run and work for a game company. i get why ppl might like it but i cant say the first episode was interesting or anything..especially since the actual game development process doesnt play a role in this show.

also the comedy part is nonexistant.

The only teenagers in the series are Aoba and her friend Nene. Everyone else is at least in their mid-twenties.

BrandNew_Lanz said:

It gets explained later.

fatalysticJul 5, 2016 10:08 PM
Jul 5, 2016 6:08 PM

Mar 2011
hisokathebutcher said:
hey guys , does this anime have working or servant x service vibes ? Cause im looking for something like that " not too much into work but more into people working "
Also is there too much talking in it ?

It's a mix of like Shirobako and Working!

Seems like a more Slice of Life less drama moe version of Shirobako
Jul 5, 2016 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
Well that was cute. The art looks pretty good as well. Few laughs here and there, its decent.
Jul 5, 2016 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
It's no Shirobako but ill take anything similar to it! character designs and visuals are very nice that scene with the moon was beautiful.

but damn straight out of high school already working in the gaming industry
Jul 5, 2016 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
Waifu's EVERYWHERE!!! with a Tad of fan service as well Im hooked.

From what I've read in here they will go in depth about working in the gaming industry which Im excited about as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 5, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
I fucking adore this show already. As a 3D artist training towards working in the video game industry this show probably resonated with me better than anything else I've ever seen, though I won't lie I totally am jealous of Aoba for getting work at a game studio RIGHT after leaving highschool, also she wouldn't be learning 3D if she was hired as a 2D artist, that bit makes no sense, they also don't get juniors to do character design.. *cough*.. *tumbleweed* GREAT SHOW SO FAR IM HYPED TO SEE MORE INSIDE JOKES AND THEMES NEXT WEEK OH HELL YEAH.

>AUTODESK SAYA
@sarroush ty for pointing this show out to me I would never have noticed it if it weren't for you <3
Jul 5, 2016 7:23 PM

Apr 2015
Finally this gets subbed! <3 I already feel it will be a very cute series as manga was too~
Jul 5, 2016 7:36 PM

Jul 2015
YES. I HAVE BEEN WAITING. SO FREAKING HYPED. IT'S ALL ADORABLE And it's more gay than I remember, like, way more gay... and bouncier... and faster paced... and cute. It's anime like this that gives me life. Music is decent, animation and art are good, and I love the character's expressions.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 5, 2016 8:24 PM

Jul 2014
alyya said:
I wonder how much realistic that work environment game production depicted in anime compare to real life.

I've worked for a few. If you were to hop in a time machine and go back about 12 years, change everyone from male to female, give everyone a lobotomy so they act like grade 1 children rather than adults (that should just about cover the underwear and the puerile dialog), then they've just about nailed it.

So yeah, it's pretty close to what a bunch of grade 1 children would think it's like. Pretty terrible show unless you like retarded dialog and/or you're 6 years old.
Jul 5, 2016 9:51 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
3 RED BULLS???
Isn't taking more than 1 bad for you?

Pretty much Shirobako 2.0 with a Renge Miyauchi look alike.

Overall a light episode. One of my favorite parts of the episode was the ID stuff. Aoba gets her ID card and once she still got locked out lol

Jul 5, 2016 11:01 PM

Jan 2014
This felt like Servant x Service except with a full girl team. Cute I guess. It isn't outstanding but can be fun.
Jul 5, 2016 11:08 PM

Dec 2015
doga kobo makes another SoL.

as usual, I couldn't hold myself together.
Jul 6, 2016 12:03 AM
Nov 2013
Sooooo cute! I loved every second of it.

The character designs are really pretty, even for a moe series. I also liked the Shirobako-esque vibe that this gave me, with a game company instead of an animation studio.

Really looking forward to this, I enjoyed every second of the premiere.
Jul 6, 2016 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
lol Autodesk Saya XD

I wish my old company was like that, full of sexy women and 0 otaku guys. I've been in several game companies and most of the girls are either unattractive otaku or simply fat :p

It's a good introductory episode although I won't hold my breath for another Shirobako. This is probably closer to Sore ga Seiyuu in terms of anime that focuses on a certain industry.
Jul 6, 2016 2:11 AM

May 2014
LovelyHikari said:
3 RED BULLS???
Isn't taking more than 1 bad for you?

Red Gulls*
At least their slogan makes more sense now.

Best gay shit I've seen in a long time, 10/10 I'm gonna be all over this.
Jul 6, 2016 4:12 AM

Jul 2012
Cute girls in the gaming industry.

Yesssss this is gonna be good.

Love the character designs and artwork. Nice animation too.

Doga Kobo is good with SOL. AOTS right here!
Jul 6, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2012
First of all, THAT OP! Imma gonna play it till' I hate it.

The yuri vibes are strong! But enough bouncing boobs and humor to keep the dudes interested.

Love the manga, love this first ep.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jul 6, 2016 9:17 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty damn cute... followed the manga pretty closely too
Jul 6, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
Give me Kou-chan <3
Jul 6, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Wah, Hifumi is really a lot like me.

Jul 6, 2016 11:30 AM

May 2014
Hahaha panties
She got locked out twice
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 6, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
Aahhh~ Aoba looks 3 times cuter with loose button on her office suit, bye bye dream (╥﹏╥)

Decent first episode. Not much happened like expected from sol genre, but at least the introduction of the characters was quite good, especially Hifumi.

What, Aoba's childhood games were PS3 games..!?? That's not a childhood. She's missing out on older consoles with much better games which shaped the games and companies nowadays >:D
Jul 6, 2016 12:01 PM

Sep 2013
I really liked it. Lovable, nice characters. Funny moments. Good character interaction. It doesn't bother me at all that they didn't spend much time on the inner-workings of the video game industry. I can get that from a documentary. I love the light-hearted feel of this show and I plan to keep watching!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 6, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2015
I started working at a game company about a month ago, and yes, I can confirm that this was a 100% accurate depiction of my first day there.
Including the key card thing. The finger print scanner wouldn't let me in, so I'd have to wait for someone to come get me :P

(Although the male-female ratio is practically inverted)

I am concerned however, that this anime will have no actual story development and thus turn out pretty boring...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

102 by kitoha »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 9:19 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

105 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 5, 6:41 PM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

232 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 4:27 AM

Poll: » New Game! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

118 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 5, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.