Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »
May 26, 2021 11:10 PM

Sep 2020
idiosyncratical said:
PLight_09 said:
Finally I watched this movie (after becoming a weeb since some pretty months) And I would've to say, it's insanely awesome in visuals, OSTs, and the plot twist. Like that open ending, would have loved more if we could know what happened exactly to them, but still, that's how movies work, by giving open endings.
they got married in 2023, confirmed by the tenki no ko light novel.
I think there marriage will get delayed due to covid
May 27, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2017
Although I saw in February 2017, it is a pure masterpiece, which, with Koe no Katachi, form the most outstanding duo of the decade 2010 in my opinion, although I haven't seen Tenki no Ko. I didn't cry contrary to some.
Jun 8, 2021 6:54 AM
Jul 2019
An extraordinary movie was recommended to me by some friends but only now I could look at it and I don't regret anything, it was so beautiful as they changed the tragic past I didn't think they would succeed

Jun 26, 2021 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
Finally saw this!! It's been a long time coming :)

Even watching it in "4K", though in reality it's just 2K upscaled to 4K which is still amazing and better than 1080p.

What can I say? Amazing movie! Though Watching Tenki no Ko (Weathering with You) in Theater first. I would say some of the scenes here actually makes sense. Especially the weather :P

Not sure if it's intentional or not. But definitely watch these movies back to back to see connections!

I think the plot is bit simple (Boy/Girl Traveling back in time in order to prevent the death of 500 people in a small town).

Still, It was a heart warming movie. I really love how Taki keeps touching Mitsuha boobs every morning, thinking if he's really her or not XD

I always find it a bit weird at the middle of the movie, where why they don't list their address to meet up and fix things up or number to call them. But it finally made sense at the end.

Also, nice to see Yukari from Kotonoha no Niwa. But didn't she taught in Tokyo instead of Itomori? Also where was Takao? Didn't he went to the same school as her?

I'm sure this won't be the last time we see Mitsuha and Taki :)

I bought the JPN 4K UHD BD to support the actual creators in Japan. It has English Subs in addition to a lot of bonus discs (Making, Documentary, Music Video etc).

I hope more and more Japanese creators release their movies with English Subs on their JPN BD's.

You get to support the actual creators and don't rely on these localizers which are slow and tend to screw up things (translation, video quality) etc.

It's a bit on the expensive side ($110+), but if you have the cash and actual support Makoto Shinkai and his studio. Then definitely worth it!

Already ordered Tenki no Ko (Weathering with You) 4K UHD BD, which also has the same discs (4-discs, specials, music video, documentary etc) as Kimi no Na Wa.

Should come here by next week!!

Can't wait to rewatch it on 4k this time around! I watched it on theaters back in 2019(Premiere) and read it has bonus/extra scenes compared to the theater one!

I really love these movies! Keep on keeping on Makoto Shinkai and team!!!

9/10!

Jul 7, 2021 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
Remind me fam to rewatch this in 10 years, thanks lads.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 24, 2021 9:26 AM

Nov 2020
8/10 movie for me a lil overrated imo but still very good
Jul 24, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2020
Rasco said:
Remind me fam to rewatch this in 10 years, thanks lads.
See you in 2031 i guess
Aug 30, 2021 5:38 PM

Apr 2018
A pretty good romance movie. One of the best I've seen. The quality of the movie was just excellent. And the concept and meaning behind it was beautiful. The symbolism which is Threading; a symbol of written fate. Tying thread is Musubi, connecting people is Musubi. Braided threads represent the flow of time itself. They twist, tangle, unravel and connect again. Same thing that is happening to Taki's and Mitsuha's life. The animation and art style were excellent. Top tier stuff, the camerawork, landscape shots, city shots sky shots and what more. Everything was just insanely beautiful. The soundtrack and inserted songs were godly music to my ears. Really made the movie a thousand times better. The characters and the VA's were likeable. Even my favorite VA played a role; Yuuki Aoi. I really liked the ending, it felt satisfying. Might wanted a bit more but can't complain much. I understood the story timeline pretty much. Too lazy at the moment to explain it but the beginning was the memory that Taking unlocked in the train after seeing Mitsuha. A beautiful ending for a beautiful movie.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 11, 2021 8:28 AM
Feb 2021
One of the best anime movie I have watched though ending kinda sucks but it is what it is which makes damn beautiful
Oct 18, 2021 11:46 PM
Mar 2021
Ngl, it's slightly overrated if u wanna talk bout bussiness wise then yes it was the most successful one but koe no katachi was a way better movie in every aspect, people are dazzled by its aesthetics and end up rating it very high
Oct 19, 2021 1:45 AM

Sep 2020
I rewatched it again this might be my 5th time watching this beautiful movie. It always feel like something new, love everything about it story, animation, music, and especially the insert songs.

The ending always makes me emotional. Probably one of the best ending I have seen. Love it (เน‘โ™กโŒ“โ™กเน‘)
Oct 21, 2021 1:41 PM

Feb 2020
Finally, I watched this movie ! I've been planning to watch it for so long but for some reason I never actually did.

I always wondered if I'd be on team masterpiece or team overrated, now I think I'm right in the middle.
This movie had a lot of qualities. On a purely technical level, it was quite beautiful (I loved the scene with Taki seeing Mitsuha's life).
And the story was very touching, at first I didn't feel very invested but after some time, I got attached to the characters and wished for them to succeed in everything they were trying to do. So I won't say it's a bad movie or that I don't see why people love it so much, because I can kind of see why.

With that said I still found it to be flawed. The story, while touching , didn't make much sense and I thought the characters' reactions didn't make sense either. Taki and Mitsuha barely questioned the situation and the side characters didn't seem much concerned to see their friend/sister/daughter/etc randomly shifting personality. I mean, I can understand that they were only mildly concerned the first time, but once it starts happening on a regular basis I really think they should worry.
And about the time travel thing, I didn't think it was handled very well... At all. The problem is that not only did it not make sense, but it also was presented in a way that made me constantly get out of the movie. Anytime I started getting invested in a scene it suddenly shifted to something else, that really bothered me.
And about the characters, while I did get attached to them I can't say I found them to be very interesting, which is a shame because with a premise like this one they could've gotten quite a lot of depth (I'm not saying they didn't have any).

So in the end my opinion is that the movie's art direction is great and it tells a very touching story, but all the flaws I listed ruined some of my enjoyment which prevented it from seeing it as very good, and even more as a masterpiece.
So I give it a strong 6/10, it was good but I'm sure that if the story was more consistent, it could've been much better.
Nov 13, 2021 7:22 PM

Feb 2017
i just rewatched this after 2+ years and gave it an 8 after previously giving it a 5. felt like i understood this movie a LOT better after rewatching but my brain during some parts was just not comprehending what was happening LMFAO

i have one nit to pick but like both of them were looking at each other's phones so would the years not have been different for them? like it would say 2016(?) on taki's phone but 2013 on mitsuha's phone?? no?? not even a calendar?? the years would be different on calendars too, no??

placeholder text
Nov 30, 2021 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Best movie ever made. The plot, animation, musics were absolutely stunning.
Nov 30, 2021 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
well i remember watching this when i was still in highschool, it was 5 AM in the morning my mum walks in and says "why the hell are you crying ?"
Dec 27, 2021 3:18 AM
Nov 2020
Watched this movie like 10 times over, yeah its kinda crazy how obsessed i was with it. Still love it to this day and to me its one of the greatest experiences an anime fan could have honestly. From the visuals to the soundtracks to the hard hitting peaks, it really does it all for me and i love every bit of it.
Dec 31, 2021 7:35 AM
Aug 2020
The utlimate love story, a few plot holes aside ofc.

9/10
Jan 4, 2022 12:29 PM
Dec 2021
Just watched this for the first time. Nothing has made me cry so much in a long time. Truly beautiful.
Jan 5, 2022 9:22 PM
Nov 2021
amagirinomikoto said:
of them were looking at each other's phones so would the years not have been different for them? like it would say 2016(?) on taki's phone but 2013 on mitsuha's phone?? no?? not even a calendar?? the years would be different on calendars too, no??

Finally,someone saw it. I didn't see not even a single person talk abt it.Btw I had the same thought
Feb 7, 2022 9:44 PM

Sep 2021
Legend gave the movie 1 out of 5
The last scene of the movie made me cry, the animation and the story was next level and the songs were perfect.
Feb 7, 2022 10:11 PM
Jul 2021
I was lucky enough to watch movie in theatre. So many feelings and emotions I went through while watching this movie was unmatched by any piece of media.
I wish I could erase this from my memories and watch it again and again
Mar 10, 2022 1:28 AM
May 2021
Ok I recently rewatch this movie and I still think this is shit well I don't expect much from Makoto shinkai movie anyway all of them are below average only visual are good.
Apr 13, 2022 11:42 PM

Feb 2021
I still don't like this movie or appreciate its cinematography like I did in Kotonoha no Niwa. My opinion hasn't really changed after some time
CrackMay 9, 2022 12:36 PM
May 12, 2022 3:54 PM
Apr 2022
Best animation i have ever seen
May 29, 2022 12:29 AM
Jul 2021
This movie plot ~ intertwined fates

And that too from shinkai the director who crafts his work in the most pleasing aesthetic manner

There are some plot holes in this movie but I am willing to overlook them because I will never forget the emotions and experience I went through while watching this movie.

This film is particularly made for me

Thank you shinkai.

9/10.

_Usurper_Nov 11, 2022 2:23 AM
Aug 10, 2022 10:40 PM
Aug 2022
its one of greatest anime i saw in my life
Aug 11, 2022 9:58 AM
Jul 2022
Welp It the one anime im Loved it!!!
Aug 13, 2022 1:41 AM
Jun 2021
fortnite biscuit
Aug 19, 2022 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
this movie literally heartouching
Aug 19, 2022 5:59 AM
Apr 2022
nao e perfeito mais e bem legal
Aug 23, 2022 1:36 PM

Nov 2010
I wish I could switch to a cute girl's body. I'd definitely rape myself all day long! Also, the scenes of Mitsuha sweating so much makes me wanna lick every inch of her so bad, especially her pits. hehe

Anyway, in all seriousness, this anime is so beautiful, from the animation, OST and to the story. I've seen this movie before, but back then I was watching it with others and I was distracted most of the time, so I couldn't fully take in the movie and I decided not to rate it. I honestly thought it was overrated back then. However, I could still remember that twist and that touching moment at the end. Now that I've seen it solo, I was able to appreciate it more and damn it made me tear up. It made me feel human temporarily. This is an easy 9/10 for me.
Aug 25, 2022 4:27 PM
May 2022
amazing movie crazy plot twist hit me like a meteor!
Aug 31, 2022 1:57 AM
Aug 2022
pretty fuckin sad
Sep 5, 2022 7:24 PM

Dec 2016

• 4 points for animation
  • 3 points for boob gags
  • 1 point for some drama

Overall: 7 points.
Sep 10, 2022 8:27 PM
Sep 2022
Cuando entre al mundo 2D fue mi primera pelicula me conmovio mucha una de las escenas del final y la verdad como termina es un poco default si recalcamos con la segunda pelicula de weathering with you por lo demas muy buena 4 puntos.
Sep 13, 2022 1:26 AM

Aug 2022
It's very lovely!
Sep 13, 2022 8:11 AM
Sep 2022
its ijust way too good
Sep 17, 2022 7:04 AM
Sep 2022
Best Movie in This World
Sep 19, 2022 4:11 PM
Dec 2019
I just rewatched this mind-blowingly beautiful masterpiece of a movie. Wow... I can't even begin...
I watched this film first almost three years ago, just before christmas. I was 17. I was actually very unstable emotionally because of a romantic situation when I decided that I want to watch Kimi no Nawa, and so I did. I stayed up until about 2 am. and cried about two hours while and after watching it. It was a great cathartic experience and I actually got a lot off my chest.
Since then I have considered this one of my favourite films ever, one that could move me like really few other content could.
Today, I saw a post on instagram which included Kimi no Nawa, and I got the feeling that I should watch it once again. Just so I can experience the heartwarming, and at the same time, heart-breaking wonder of it. And to see how I'd react and feel while watching now, that I'm in a normal emotional state. Well... Now I'm 20 years old, it's almost 1 am. here and I have cried my eyes out. It's safe to say that this is a movie that literally changed how I feel and see the world.
So I would like to thank every single person that had anything to do with creating Kimi no Nawa - even if they don't see it. Thank you for the genius dynamic of the plot, for the amazing twists and turns, for the anaolgies with their poetic stillness and harmony, and for the animation that's a beauty that words are simply not majestic enough to describe.
RADWIMPS did a spectacular job with the songs they have made, they have earned a place in my heart where they will always stand, after creating these melodies and lyrics that have evoked my deepest and most complex emotins.
And thank you for reading this, even now, 6 years after the movie was released, even if this whole text was awkward because of my overflowing happiness and other feelings. Highy recommended for any age, gender or any other trait that can be used to describe a person. This is a moving story that should be experienced by everyone. It is a must-watch, that will definitely become a classic that was enjoeyed by many.
Sep 23, 2022 12:51 AM
May 2021
Not as good as silent voice, although it's kinda harsh to compare it to another film with a completely unrelated premise to this, still a enjoyable ride the whole way through
Sep 25, 2022 11:30 AM
Sep 2022
Reminds us how every seconds counts
Sep 27, 2022 1:07 PM
Aug 2021
AMAZING I LOVE IT SM I CRIED
Sep 30, 2022 12:08 AM
Sep 2022
10/10 gfx and amazing story line
Oct 2, 2022 1:45 AM
Jun 2020
I loved the animation and the very nostalgic plot.
Oct 3, 2022 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
I finally watched Kimi no Na wa/Your name and it's Amazing
Oct 3, 2022 10:30 PM
Dec 2019
such a good movie i loved it
Oct 6, 2022 3:20 AM
Oct 2022
By the time I made this post, I think this is the best anime movie
Oct 12, 2022 9:27 AM
Sep 2022
i got brain damaged then shocked then cried uncontrollably then got tears of happiness i love this.
Oct 13, 2022 8:02 AM
Oct 2022
Best story and graphics
Oct 14, 2022 7:27 AM
Oct 2022
Cool epic anime fr lol ur mum but there is one thing that I don't like about that is it's gay and cringe and not as cool as Fortnite which is my all-time favorite anime #logang4life
Pages (28) « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The only couple that could say theyโ€™ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

adharshcs - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

» How? ( 1 2 )

phantomgamer098 - Jul 18, 2023

50 by cl3dson »»
Nov 19, 2023 9:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.