Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2015
lol I dont think it was the worst ever but it certainly was quite dull
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jul 29, 2016 9:36 PM

May 2011
I personally really liked the OST. It was pretty unique in how simple it was, and at least to me served as a great tone setter. Pretty surprised by how many people seem to dislike it.
Jul 30, 2016 11:47 AM

Aug 2015
The OST and OP were ok. Sometimes having things simple is fine.
Aug 3, 2016 3:08 AM
Oct 2012
I have to agree to this. As much as I loved this series, the soundtracks were just too.... bland. I have no idea whether it was because of the soundtrack's bad timing or because it was just simply bad, but I can say that without it's amazing source story, I would have slept through this anime while trying to watch this.

Watching a Slice of life anime with bad soundtracks is not really the best experience indeed, this reminds me alot of Mikakunin de Shinkoukei anime (had to check my list because it was so forgettable), except ReLife has a much better story to cover up the bad soundtracks

edit : Since everyone else is comparing this to another anime's proper and decent soundtracks, here is my example of a good slice of life+drama anime's soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsWLDN_i-Hw

I've watched True tears so long ago yet everytime I listen to this, I can imagine the scene inside my head vividly because it was so memorable and fitting to the scene.

Another example would be Fate/Zero but it's not a slice of life so it can't really be a comparison. Or if I'm to give example from Visual Novel would be most (if not all) of KEYS works, especially rewrite. Also G-Senjou no Maou.

I can give even more of a good soundtracks from console games (especially jrpg) but that wouldn't be able to become a comparison, although if I'm to be asked I would say that those game's soundtracks are MUCH better as comparison than any of the anime soundtracks that I've watched up until now.

TL;DR : A good soundtracks would make any scenes very memorable and reLife anime had none of those (at least to me). It even destroyed some of the atmosphere of their dialogues.
tornberryzAug 4, 2016 9:42 PM
Aug 3, 2016 6:35 AM
Oct 2008
While I've heard worse OSTs (I hope I've never seen Absolute Duo), this one is really shitty. Bad enough to give me a headache while watching this on my headphones.

As rare as it is for me, I find many of the tracks just bad - the sound is irritating, the melody bland and all-in-all it's not good enough to amplify scene's atmosphere or even more-so generate it.

Even though, there were a few tracks that were really good. That's why I guess some people say that the OST was good, but other people were bothered, just like me by these bad tracks.

Overall, considering this was the composers first work for this kind of industry it's quite good soundtrack. I wish him he gets better and make songs as good as e.g. this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdND2ZJGd3Q
Aug 3, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
Not really. The OST is pretty decent while the OP and some EDs are pretty good
Nov 27, 2016 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
No, but a bit repetitive (especially the solo piano stuff) and in some scenes it was way too loud. This technique can be usefull and impressive, but the audience musnt become aware of it, but in this anime you realized the loud overuse of it and it became annoying. A good use of this technique is the escape thene of 28 weeks later.
Apr 2, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
Ep12 ending was pretty good tho. I am guilty of skipping endings and openings but when I heard this I had to listen. Love this song although a different version used in Watamote (ending #4) and sang by Miku.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.