Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Orange Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 5, 2016 4:53 AM

I'll keep watching but the main character is boring as fuck.

Wonder what she's regretting, maybe it's really just "Man, I wish I had fucked that asshole before he went and died and shit."

And how did she send the letter back in time? Is she a scientist or some shit or is this one of those anime where she just drops the letter in the mail and the magic mailman sees the date and hops on his time bike and drops it off back in the good ol 2000's?

At least in Death Note you get to write someone's name and they die. That's pretty cool. In this story, her book has the power to magically solve some first world problem.
"Holy shit better risk the butterfly effect and changing the course of my entire life for the worst by changing the past for some fucking trivial shit."

Jul 5, 2016 5:28 AM

Well that was a very nice first episode. the characters are pretty nice, music is good, scenery is awesome, and I'm so glad she listened to that letter. I'm interested in seeing how things will go.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Jul 5, 2016 5:58 AM

This show is the one I was most looking forward to this season, and after seeing the first episode, I know I had a good reason to. It's fantastic so far! Time travel stuff (or messing with/changing time, in this case) is a genre I've grown to love recently. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Jul 5, 2016 8:14 AM

Falling in love with him in just two weeks or so? isn't that a bit too fast? hold your horses, girl!

I think it will be a nice series, I like the art, the atmosphere of a normal high school life- except for the letter of course- and the voice actors/actress (the MC voice actress is one of my favorite).

Jul 5, 2016 11:46 AM
Average episode so far. I will watch 1 or 2 more episodes and I see if is worth watching or dropping

Jul 5, 2016 12:03 PM

Decent episode. The pacing was good, and the concept is fairly interesting. I don't really like any of the characters besides Naho though, maybe they'll grow on me later. But their group seems kind of retarded so far lol.

Animation is alright and the backgrounds are beautiful, but character art is IMO kind of ugly. Reminds me of Chihayafuru, and I didn't like the art there either.

Jul 5, 2016 3:28 PM

Nice episode. I won't be reading any comments regarding this show so I won't get spoiled. I don't know if this is going to be happy or sad, given the story.

A show like this is a guilty pleasure for a guy like me.

Jul 5, 2016 4:00 PM

I didn't read the manga. So, I don't know anything about what is going to happen to Kakeru and Naho, ten years after. "Kakeru is no longer with us"?? Is he going to die or maybe travel to somwhere far away ?!
This anime is good. I can't wait to see more.

Jul 5, 2016 6:40 PM

tingy said:
NaturalPerm said:
Pretty good start. I don't like the weird quick cuts though. Makes scenes feel hectic even though they are just standing there talking.

letfelicityfly said:
I totally loved it <3 but, is it just me or the animation/pacing/art/production seems kinda off? I don't know what it is, but there's something that makes the anime seem weird in visual terms.

Yeah, basically what NaturalPerm said. I also thought the cuts felt off and were a bit disorienting, but no one else seemed to have mentioned it. But others did mention the stills, and there were enough of them for me to really notice them, whereas if you use them wisely then it's not as noticeable. So far, some of the directing choices don't sit well with me. I think there was also a really weird set of cut-ins that should've just been a zoom in... hopefully I won't be noticing the directing in a bad way in future episodes, since it really disengaged me from the episode.

It's Hiroshi Hamasaki's signature style, the director of Steins;Gate, Shigurui and Texhnolyze. Except, this time he's directing a shoujo. Usually, his anime are dark looking(read: the actual picture, not only the subject matter), so at least Orange is brightly lit! Personally, I think he's one of the better anime directors in Japan. And I enjoy his unique style. I'm actually expecting some dark or serious subject matter to pop up in Orange, given the stuff he's directed in the past. I've heard good things about the manga, so at least he has good source material to work with this time...unlike Blade & Soul and Terraformars S1(which were both massive duds for him).

That aside, good start, even if the characters seem a little bland. I think Orange shows massive potential, though, and I'm looking forward to watching more.

Jul 5, 2016 7:57 PM
Hoping this anime won't depress me too much XD

Jul 6, 2016 1:06 AM
The artwork is the same as Ao Haru...

Jul 6, 2016 4:03 AM
Can't wait for new episode ! :3

Jul 6, 2016 5:25 AM

the art kinda scary... especially Naho's eyes...
but, it's a good start though... like it

Jul 6, 2016 7:55 AM

I can see this becoming one of my favourites this season. It has a lot going for it, from the story to the art, music, and characters. Gonna have to add the manga to my plan-to-read list.

Jul 6, 2016 11:18 AM

How did that letter go back in time? And if Naho got that letter, is it possible that other members of the group did to? I am VERY intrigued!

Jul 6, 2016 12:04 PM

I really like it.
I think I found my numero uno series for this summer 2016...

Both OP and ED songs were nice.

Anyhow, looking forward more. I’m planning on reading the manga afterwards…
Modified by zero-r, Jul 6, 2016 12:39 PM

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Jul 6, 2016 1:14 PM

Better than I imagined! While I didn't like the ED of the original source 'cause of the message it gave, I still loved most of it. So. I am pretty happy with this. Naho and Azusa are way livilier than I imagined them to be, another good thing. Genuinely found the homerun cool here. Neat so far.

Jul 6, 2016 1:34 PM

Good start and the letter probably means to avoid regrets not save Kakeru, i think. The first instruction was to not invite him, or avoid familiarity to avoid attachment???

Jul 6, 2016 2:44 PM

This is what Glasslip should have been!

The atmosphere and mood is great plus the style is very down to Earth. Azu is going to be one of those characters you just can't forget. I also really like the awkward chemistry between Kakeru and Naho. I've already fallen for it. Better write that one to myself. Dear me, you will surely fall in love with Orange 10 years from now.

Jul 6, 2016 6:17 PM

I read the manga and I hope this anime will live up to it! Amazing first episode. OP was alright.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato

Jul 6, 2016 8:35 PM

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time vibes for some reason.

Jul 6, 2016 9:05 PM

best show of the season, one of the best first episodes i've seen for a shoujo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 6, 2016 10:07 PM

I was very disappointed....

1) Suwa's voice! Suwa is such a sweet and caring character. His voice just sounded SO rough and sleazy.... oh my goodness .____.
2) There was no chemistry for viewers to understand why Naho fell in love with Kakeru. --> *spoiler from the manga* When Kakeru told Naho, "But I noticed," after she insisted that receiving loss by herself was okay, that really triggered viewers and Naho to fall in love with Kakeru. THAT LINE touched Naho. LOL, I was not even looking for that line specifically - helping Naho was not why or how she fell in love with Kakeru. :P Jeez, Suwa could have done the same!
3) The countless scenes that showed the letters!! It was very inconvenient because it caused me to pause and read the letter. In all honesty, it would have been SO much better if someone read the letters in their minds.

But the good things about this episode were Hagita (LOL) and the scenes from the opening theme song. It was interesting to hear the song from the live-action movie as the ending theme song.

Hope this anime redeems itself!

Jul 6, 2016 10:12 PM

HyperL said:
Oh I even forgot to say...Female MC voiced by Kana Hanazawa?????

INSTA BEST GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said it. And she just hit a home run. THE BEST OF BEST GIRLS.

Jul 6, 2016 11:52 PM

can any manga reader spoil me what happen after they invite kakeru at the first day ? (u can use spoiler tag) :P
i think that's what made him absence for 2 weeks

Jul 7, 2016 1:02 AM
I really enjoyed the first video and I can't wait to see what happens next. This is like Erased (which I really enjoyed) So can't wait =)

Jul 7, 2016 2:21 AM

sarnlack said:
can any manga reader spoil me what happen after they invite kakeru at the first day ? (u can use spoiler tag) :P

5 minutes into the anime and you already need spoilers? D:
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Jul 7, 2016 2:18 PM

I think this anime would be more better if P.A Works was the one who made this. but anyway, great first episode overall. it got my attention since when the Girl saw the letter and red it and even followed everything it says. and i'm glad that she did what it says. cause in the middle of the episode she and from the beginning of this episode she still didn't trust that letter fully 100%

And for the new transfered student (i forget his name) i'm gonna bet that he was lying about dicthing school. and about the letter in the end of the episode, it said that "he is not around anyone ten years later"

i have two possibilities for that. first is that he goes overseas or just disappeard with a certain issue. and for the second possibility and for the worse scenario that he died. that's whay i feel from watching him in this episode too. he has somekind of a horrible sickness. i hope i'm wrong tho cause it's gonna be so sad if that's the case. and that flash-foward to ten years later in the end, she married with the red hair guy and have a baby ?! lol, i don't know for sure but that is what was the scene trying to implied.

looking foward for the next episode then :D

Jul 7, 2016 6:22 PM

I was so happy when i watched first episode. This is really good start, i hope they gonna continue with this good work. I really loved it!

Jul 7, 2016 6:24 PM

A show about "Regret" and parallel worlds?
Can be!
5/5.

Jul 7, 2016 8:12 PM
I thought the first episode was some what bland, but it has an interesting concept and I think this may be a anime worth watching.

Jul 7, 2016 8:22 PM

pufonD said:
I'm really not up for watching something depressing and I keep getting a hunch this is going to be a depressing story :/

I guess you do kind of get that vibe at first, but it turns into a pretty heartwarming story actually.

Jul 7, 2016 8:24 PM

FononZero said:
sarnlack said:

I do know the reason why, but I'll refrain from spoiling it since it was pretty important...

Jul 7, 2016 10:35 PM

Interesting premise, and the series definitely does have potential. I enjoyed the first episode, though Naho's cool reaction and quick acceptance to getting letters written by her future self threw me off the whole episode.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)

Jul 8, 2016 12:29 AM
Is it just me or do I feel like there's a bigger propaganda going on in this show? I swear it's blatant once you saw it.

"participate on the softball or muh regrets" is pretty much telling NEETs to participate in society or "muh regrets".

pretty much like that short anime where it was criticized as the prime minister telling people to start procreating.

can you guys give me a reason why I shouldn't think like this?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.

Jul 8, 2016 12:50 AM

I'm honestly loving the art.

Premiere itself was excellent as well.

Jul 8, 2016 5:09 PM

I enjoyed the episode. I can already tell Suwa will most-likely be my favorite character of the show. Hopefully he doesn't get shafted.

Though Naho's reaction to the letter did kinda bug me throughout the episode. While Naho didn't attempt to follow it at first she didn't seem particularly bothered by the letter. You'd think she would at least be a little more weirded out...

Jul 8, 2016 6:35 PM

Pretty solid to get things started. The art is beautiful and the pacing was good.
It's looking like a good adaptation, highlight for kakeru's smile. Ending theme is Mirai by Kobukuro, the song is just perfect for this series.
It is masterpiece material going on here, let's hope for the best :3

Jul 8, 2016 10:08 PM
I read the manga a long time ago and it's AMAZING!
Didnt imagine that it'll get an anime adaptation someday, but its was nice^^ and ver faithful to the manga for now.
I hate to say this but tha animation did look weird at times, but I guess it has it's own vibe to it~

Jul 8, 2016 10:10 PM
I read the manga a long time ago and it's AMAZING!
Didnt imagine that it'll get an anime adaptation someday, but its was nice^^ and very faithful to the manga for now.
I hate to say this but the animation did look weird at times, but I guess it has it's own vibe to it~

Jul 9, 2016 7:20 AM

Klad said:
Raz1515 said:
I don't know what to say just from the 1st ep. I found it kinda awkward with all the silent stills and not much talking :/
So far I liked how the 1st chapter was handled in the manga more. Loved the op and ed though!
Silent stills? Is it Toei which is animating this anime?

Nah, it's a collab between TMS and Telecom
No seriously.

Jul 9, 2016 1:57 PM

This is one of the anime this season that I have high expectations for. The first episode was solid so it looks like it's doing justice for the manga.
MAL: A community where everyone acts like every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7 or above.

Jul 9, 2016 2:19 PM
Those final lines. I expect no happy end. Not even close. Things like that seem unavoidable every time no matter how hard they try.

On a side-note. I didn't watch Shoujo for a while(nothing of that genre really piqued my interest the past year and a half or so) but a few scenes looked really bad. Mostly the ones where they were laughing. Was that just me? I hope this was only because I wasn't used to it anymore but especially the blonde girl laughing looked weird.

Jul 9, 2016 4:10 PM

participant_no_5 said:
Klad said:
Silent stills? Is it Toei which is animating this anime?

Nah, it's a collab between TMS and Telecom
It was sarcasm, touching Toei's low budget animation which is often seen. But I was mostly subtly jabbing their work on World Trigger.

Jul 9, 2016 4:57 PM

From the plot and what happens to Kakeru, I have a feeling this show is going to be extremely happy and extremely sad at the same time ;_;

Loved the first ep, I was hooked all the way through.

Jul 10, 2016 2:07 AM

I really like this anime atm, the idea of avoiding things you later regret by sending a letter (which is a little small tbh) sounds interesting.
The characters also seem like actual teenagers and not like stiff robots like in most HS animes.
That Kakeru reminds me a little of Kou from Ao Haru Ride only in actually nice and Asu is a lot like Rikku from FFX.
Looking forward to it.

Jul 10, 2016 4:12 AM
LastIllusion said:
I really like this anime atm, the idea of avoiding things you later regret by sending a letter (which is a little small tbh) sounds interesting.
The characters also seem like actual teenagers and not like stiff robots like in most HS animes.
That Kakeru reminds me a little of Kou from Ao Haru Ride only in actually nice and Asu is a lot like Rikku from FFX.
Looking forward to it.

Yeah I thought that two, he really does look like Kou. I think its another case of the same face anime syndrome

To be honest I'm not sold on this anime yet but I'm going to give it some more time and watch the next few episodes then make a judgment

Jul 10, 2016 5:44 AM

Im wondering how this anime will continue and what craziness that guy has coz i think he will do something crazy and die within those 10 years

MY

FAVORITE

【CHARACTERS💕】

Jul 10, 2016 6:59 AM
japaniMay said:
FononZero said:

I do know the reason why, but I'll refrain from spoiling it since it was pretty important...

What's pretty important ? There a story spoiler five minutes in !?

Jul 10, 2016 7:15 AM

CallousCleric said:
japaniMay said:

What's pretty important ? There a story spoiler five minutes in !?

The reason he was absent. It's a significant part of the story.

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »