Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rewrite Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 2, 2016 12:03 PM

takumi94 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Nah just the first episode, it's confirmed the rest will be 24min.
where are you get the info.
http://s.mxtv.jp/anime/rewrite/ Notice the 23:30~24:00

Jul 2, 2016 12:05 PM

I bet anime-only viewers are confused as hell. Too many characters introduced in one go, a minute or so for each one. Only Chihaya got a little more time.

Some DEEN-level quality sometimes, but that's not the big issue.

Jul 2, 2016 12:06 PM

Thysoncris said:
VN adaptations are like a russian roulette, i finished the VN recently ( a month ago) and i can say it's all over the place, awkward transitions,best joke skips, convenient character introductions ( Touka doesn't teach in their class and Lucia was supposed to appear at the cafeteria) also skipped lunch with Shizuru. i understand that THERE'S THIS MUCH you can do with 13 episodes but man,whats the rush all about ?
31 minutes in. questionnaire. OK. to the witch! wait what is she doing here ? whats with all those treemen ? krivoy rog... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ? ROMEO STAHP.

I don't even know what are you trying to do but i'll keep watching to amuse myself.

This is a original route in case if you forgot. Changes in the flow of the story WILL HAPPEN.

But in my opinion, it was pretty good.

Jul 2, 2016 12:08 PM

-Change yourself, or change the world, mmm...

Jul 2, 2016 12:10 PM

eslej said:
I bet anime-only viewers are confused as hell. Too many characters introduced in one go, a minute or so for each one. Only Chihaya got a little more time.
I don't think the introductions were what confused people lol. And Kotori and Chihaya had the most screentime at the beginning of the Common Route anyway.

Jul 2, 2016 12:13 PM

Murasa22 said:
Thysoncris said:
VN adaptations are like a russian roulette, i finished the VN recently ( a month ago) and i can say it's all over the place, awkward transitions,best joke skips, convenient character introductions ( Touka doesn't teach in their class and Lucia was supposed to appear at the cafeteria) also skipped lunch with Shizuru. i understand that THERE'S THIS MUCH you can do with 13 episodes but man,whats the rush all about ?
31 minutes in. questionnaire. OK. to the witch! wait what is she doing here ? whats with all those treemen ? krivoy rog... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ? ROMEO STAHP.

I don't even know what are you trying to do but i'll keep watching to amuse myself.

This is a original route in case if you forgot. Changes in the flow of the story WILL HAPPEN.

But in my opinion, it was pretty good.

It is OK if you are a VN reader but our feelings aside, most of the anime only viewers are gonna have mixed feelings about it. They introduce almost the entire cast ( with a few exceptions ) in 1 go.a lot of the scenes don't have any impact, they also skipped the first hound part in the city (which was really good at attracting attention).

Jul 2, 2016 12:14 PM

The music... so much nostalgia... Pretty well done adaption from the VN. Though I wonder how they plan to explain the Kagari route to those not familiar with the VN without really explaining how the Rewrite world works first.

Jul 2, 2016 12:14 PM

I thought this was supposed to be good? What the hell did I just watch?

The show in span of first episode introduced like few dozen characters to the point that it is hard to keep up who is who. The fact that every single character has cringy and generic character designs does not help. Oh look we are talking to the character who....oh wait we are in absolutely different part with different stuff going o...o look we jumped again. This felt like a huge recap episode in terms of pacing.

Directing wise this felt very flat. Stuff was happening and then more stuff was happening but There was no real set up or atmosphere or impact in anything at all. Its the kind of storytelling where you are listening to a friend try to explain ben franklin effect while trying to run after the bus.

Story wise this is incomprehensible so far. Reminds me of Chaos;Head mixed with usual horror stuff and Some Angel Beats (tropey characters, the setting, etc). Certainly don't see anything too unique or exciting in terms of story so far.

The animation-wise this was horrible, as expected of this studio. But holy hell does this look bad. I think even Grisaia's first episode managed to look half decent compared to this. QUALITY all around. The soundtrack felt cringe and in a lot of cases did not fit the scenes.

2/5 hopefully next episodes are better.
Modified by Ahenshihael, Jul 2, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2, 2016 12:15 PM

I'm sorry, was she trying to rape him or something?

Key shit/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 2, 2016 12:16 PM

AlexTheRiot said:
eslej said:
I don't think the introductions were what confused people lol. And Kotori and Chihaya had the most screentime at the beginning of the Common Route anyway.
I know, but if we discuss the plot it will sure end up spoiling the VN here. It was way too fast anyway.

Jul 2, 2016 12:19 PM
the episode was awesome.
The only problem is that they foreshadowed kotarou and kagari alot. But that's only because she is the true main heroine with her route in the anime.

5/5 the jokes were funny just like the vn
Kotori and kagari were cute!
Shizuru was a little funny
Chihaya is dump as always
Lucia, what are you doing here?
The witch is for the next episode.....

Jul 2, 2016 12:22 PM

I finish Rewrite episode 1 I will say it was good the pacing was off but make sense since it's adapting 50 hours of content. I enjoyed all the scenes this episode had even though some scenes I wish they put in. This is going to me the whole time anime is airing I wouldn't care anyone says I'll just enjoy it as adaptation.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.

Jul 2, 2016 12:23 PM

>Didn't choose scissors
>No "TAEKU DISSUU!!"
>No cart scene
>Butchered Lucia's intro
>Sensei out of nowhere
>Made Chihaya 2x more annoying
>Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking, uhun~
>"Youkoso Gipsy" not "Youkoso Gipsy" enough
>Prez looks so tiny

This is going to be hard to watch...
Modified by MagicalMahou, Jul 2, 2016 12:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2, 2016 12:27 PM

eslej said:
AlexTheRiot said:
I know, but if we discuss the plot it will sure end up spoiling the VN here. It was way too fast anyway.
Yeah I know what you're getting at. I just think it was inevitable to introduce people like Lucia this way(kind of shoehorned)To make it easier to flow into their scenes next episode. Which I'm fine with because it potentially means more Common scenes adapted, but maybe not a good thing for anime only viewers unfortunately. Though I thought the general pacing of actual Common Route stuff was pretty good, shoehorning aside.

Jul 2, 2016 12:30 PM

Ahhh so good, I was wondering how they were going to progress from the VN's story but within the first 3 minutes I was 100% behind it, it was so good to hear that soundtrack, a bit baised as a Key and Rewrite fan but I'm exprecting for good things hereon out.

Jul 2, 2016 12:33 PM

Sokah said:
WTF did I just watch? Infantilized girls, sleepwalkers with a fetish for coins, transfer students with super strength, witchs, ghosts, fairy vampires, boss monster, dimensional travel, dismemberment. Also Colonel Sanders. Art is also Clannadish, but not in a good way.

I ROFLed.
But all those are good reasons to watch it.

There is a tendency to ruin anime series those days.... ok let's hope it doesn't happen, I have good time with Rewrite, first episode.

Jul 2, 2016 12:35 PM
Vanschia said:
I'm disappointed with this tbh
even I'm who read the VN goes "wtf I'm watching"

super rushed what the hell
I bet you dont even know what you're watching if you didnt read the VN
I'm pissed

I wish they had told me as much before I watched this chaotic mess.

Jul 2, 2016 12:36 PM
As someone who pretty much worship the VN for its amazing story that made me tear up inside and outside, I rather enjoyed it. But playing the VN is a huge factor for my enjoyment.

It was rushed so much. And the execution is bad as they prefer to tell than show. You can also literally feel the story jumping everywhere... (the first few days in the VN that took me around an hour are squeezed into the first half). I sense that they're going more moe than should be, can't help but feel that some are out of character.
I honestly feel bad for the anime-only people for not being able to enjoy the most out of Rewrite, if the anime keeps on going like this.

But as a vn reader, I'm enjoying it enough. The beginning monologue is perfect, giving me back the pain I've felt going through each of their routes. When I see Kotori's mother and Lucia's gloves again...damn it. Feelsgoodman.

Why cant they do it like higurashi though with each route then connect, is it too far-fetched? ;_;
I'd think that would turn out well...maybe not budget-wise.

8/10 for now. If i were going in blind, probably a 5 but im gonna be bias because the vn is definitely my favourite vn and I'd suggest playing it if you have the chance to.
"Don't ever fight againts idiots. They'll drag you down to the same level and beat you with experience." -Random Forum Member #1 !

"Feeling hurt and pain from someone else ? Good. Staying upset and never move on? Dont. Imagine them as sandpapers. They could hurt. Sometimes alot . But in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless" -Random Forum Member #2 !

Why the heck are you even reading this when you got a LIST of anime runnin. You're welcome :D

Jul 2, 2016 12:36 PM

MagicalMahou said:
>Didn't choose scissors
>No "TAEKU DISSUU!!"
>No cart scene
>Butchered Lucia's intro
>Sensei out of nowhere
>Made Chihaya 2x more annoying
>Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking, uhun~
>"Youkoso Gipsy" not "Youkoso Gipsy" enough
>Prez looks so tiny

This is going to be hard to watch...
You, you understand. I like you.

Jul 2, 2016 12:38 PM

My reaction to this episode:

Seriously, as much as I want to like this as a Key work, it's all over the place. That weird girl with the ribbons is the only thing interesting so far, and the entire first half of the episode was incredibly generic.

Jul 2, 2016 12:39 PM

Decent so far, my only complaint is the art and animation. I don't expect much out of 8bit, but it was worse than I thought it'd be. 3/5

Jul 2, 2016 12:40 PM
Glad this was a 48 minute episode, I think it was a really great set up. The pacing was a little fast, but I was never disinterested and felt engaged the entire time. All the girls are really cute, I can't decide which one I like best yet.

I have not read the vn yet, so I have no opinion on that part. Other than that, I thought this was a great first episode and I really look forward to what's coming next.

Jul 2, 2016 12:42 PM

It's weird seeing the comments of "anime-only viewers will be so confused at this", while I understand some got confused, I wonder why my sister (who didn't play the game) didn't get lost at all... oh, well, could be that I never stfu about the game when I was playing it.

I wasn't expecting much about the art since the PV, but the animation was surprinsly fluid. At this point idc about what they make with the storyline, since it is... impossible to be like the game is, so I'm going to enjoy what I'm offered. I shall say I didn't like Lucia's introduction, forced infodump.

Kotori and Shizuru my daughters, I hope to see my man Sakuya soon.

Jul 2, 2016 12:42 PM

Overall, I felt was really good. Probably helps that I had the lowest expectations possible. Animation and character designs were pretty low-tier as expected, but it looked better than I thought it would. Kotori....Chiwa Saitou owned this episode. I'm glad they kept her character's charm in check. Shizuru is still an adorable Goddess. Music is fantastic as it always has been

People saying it's rushed, you have to remember that this is not really an "adaptation" of the Rewrite we know and love. Common route, sure...but from everything I've read in interviews and stuff, it's going to focus on a newly created route for Kagari. If that's incorrect, and they're just skipping to TERRA...there's no way they're gonna fit it all in and have it be properly told within 12 more, 24-minute episodes. Just not possible IMO. So let's pray what I heard is correct, and that it will focus on Kagari's story only. Maybe we'll get the "Real" Rewrite in the future.

For now, this was very enjoyable.8/10 for this episode

edit: I will admit this probably made very little sense to people who didn't read the VN. I feel bad for them.

Jul 2, 2016 12:45 PM

Playcool said:

I just hope they dont bury the series more than they already have done, with going the shorther route, just to promote the VN, instead of doing it justice an adapting every major plotline.

It's literally impossible to adapt every route IMO. They'd need 40+ episodes, since it's length was similar to LBs and Clannad..and those required that many. This Kagari-focused route seems the best option for to test the waters, I guess.

Jul 2, 2016 12:45 PM

Terrible 3/10 dropped.

Jul 2, 2016 12:50 PM

Cool premise so far but the lame art and shitty CGI kind of ruined it.

Add some jokes about a schoolgirls panties plus flat boring directing and I'm not very impressed overall.

Jul 2, 2016 12:58 PM
I'm not sure what on earth I even watched, it feels like they threw a load of different anime (I guess VNs in this case) in a blender and then slapped a main character on top of the resulting mess to try and link it all together.

Jul 2, 2016 1:05 PM

kamisama751 said:

AlexTheRiot said:
But yeah, that statement still stands right now. The common route is slow, but once the plot starts to unfold it should get better. But we don't really know right now since it's NOT going to be omnibus, but instead will be animating an original route(has nothing to with 8bit btw, other than Tensho's cooperation with Aniplex)

So you know what an omnibus is? Then why do you ask me?
Nothing should get better, if the directing sucks in the first episode then it sucks forever. Directing is one of those elements that won't change through the show.

lol that isn't what omnibus means. Omnibus is a format of storytelling. I think you're looking for 'harem ending'? In which case, it won't be that either.

And yeah in terms of directing I don't expect drastic improvements, though quality will probably vary for certain scenes. But we were talking story composition, which should get much better.

Jul 2, 2016 1:06 PM

As someone who has not read the VN I didnt have a clue what was going on in this episode. All I noticed was the poor CG and high levels of Moe.

Jul 2, 2016 1:07 PM

It was okay, the common route stuff was fun as expected, but I'm not feeling the new material at all and everything is being introduce far too quickly. I guess it was too much to expect anything out of a Key VN being squeezed into 13 episodes. I'm kind of on the fence between not watching another episode and forgetting about the existence of this anime or watching the rest out of curiosity to see what the original route entails.

Jul 2, 2016 1:07 PM

I love Rewrite so much!

I want to say more about it because I love it so much but that's the best way to say it that I can think of right now.

Rewrite... <3

Jul 2, 2016 1:08 PM

I think they did an alright job at doing the VN justice, although I'll admit the later scenes were a bit out of place, considering where they are in the VN.

Either way, I'm excited to see where they take Rewrite in the anime, as we know it'll be an original development.
VN adaptations trigger me

Jul 2, 2016 1:10 PM

Gil and Pani shown this fast - too rushed...
People who haven't played the VN would get too confused :P.
I only played Chihaya's route for now. I guess I really should clear the rest - I only heard of Terra and Moon routes so I don't know too much about them. Must check them out.
But I'm still happy seeing all the characters animated. Especially Chihaya and VN players's favourite Yoshino :).

Jul 2, 2016 1:13 PM

And here it is, Grisaia no Kajitsu anime version vol. 2.

Incredibly rushed, awful production values, especially that artstyle which reminds me of a worse version of Clannad's, the only good part was Lucia, that being 30 seconds, and that godlike opening by the end of the episode. Everything else was inconsistent, boring, and all over the place. Solid 3/10 for the first episode.

Jul 2, 2016 1:13 PM

Daisetsu-bushido said:
Gil and Pani shown this fast - too rushed...
People who haven't played the VN would get too confused :P.
I only played Chihaya's route for now. I guess I really should clear the rest - I only heard of Terra and Moon routes so I don't know too much about them. Must check them out.
But I'm still happy seeing all the characters animated. Especially Chihaya and VN players's favourite Yoshino :).
Yeah I recommend putting this on hold until you finish the VN lol

Jul 2, 2016 1:16 PM

uhm.... wtf was this even about? .__.

Jul 2, 2016 1:21 PM

AluSsak said:
uhm.... wtf was this even about? .__.

A boy being stalked by a moe girl at nights.

Jul 2, 2016 1:25 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

As a person who has read the Visual Novel, this was actually better than I expected it to be. Sure, it was technically rushed but not in a way that it looked pretty bad. Personally I find this rather as an introduction and it was pretty nice, Btw my only complaint here was one thing that they did with the beginning (altho I get the point as to why) and the far frame artstyle.

Other than that the art was pretty good in the close frame for the most part, the backgrounds are pretty nice, CGI are pretty noticeable but they aren't really that bad when you think about it.

(There are things that makes sense when put CGI for example)

But other than that, they did re-arranged the introductions and changed a few but in all honesty it somehow fits with the anime.

Jul 2, 2016 1:28 PM
bubbles

Yo, are all of these episodes gonna be 45 minutes long?

Jul 2, 2016 1:29 PM

Another key anime yay. Must prepare tissue for the emotional parts

Jul 2, 2016 1:30 PM
BadVoodoo said:
Yo, are all of these episodes gonna be 45 minutes long?
No, it's the only episode that long (in episodes 1-13 anyway).

Jul 2, 2016 1:33 PM

I like how people are saying:

"This is confusing! 1/10 worst anime"

Dude, this is the first episode and only serves as an introduction to the setting and characters. Be glad that they've put some action scenes because its not like that in the visual novel.

Also, everything will make sense later, so no worries.

Jul 2, 2016 1:35 PM

Overall I found it great fun, but the meetings took place very quickly and the girls were not very well made and the scenes were not as mood with the VN.
But still I expect much of this adaptation.

And I hope her a lot in the next episode.

Jul 2, 2016 1:39 PM

I enjoyed it. I liked the common route but from what I see here it's quite rushed, they chose to introduce the character over the jokes which i guess is understandable since it's only 13 episodes. Well this first episode was alright I guess, they did what they wanted, show that Rewrite is not a normal harem slice of life but in consequence the first episode is quite a mess.

Hope the next episodes are better, and I'm really excited to see the opening.

Jul 2, 2016 1:39 PM
Holy shit the first 5-6 mins, that almost made me cry.
overall there was nothing that i hated in the first episode
EXCEPT THAT THEY DIDN'T SHOW ENOUGH YOSHINO
10/10 would watch the episode again

Jul 2, 2016 1:42 PM

Akane's "Welcome, gypsy, to my secret room" was shown well :).

I wonder if they'll animate [or somehow mention] my favourite scene :):

Jul 2, 2016 1:42 PM

Murasa22 said:

Dude, this is the first episode and only serves as an introduction to the setting and characters. Be glad that they've put some action scenes because its not like that in the visual novel.

^^^^^^ this I agree
この世界には。。。秘密がある

Jul 2, 2016 1:45 PM
Kanade♥

Murasa22 said:

Because it's literally a terrible first episode for anime only people. Did you not see those character introductions fly by you at mach speed? I sure did. Compared to most Key shows, the character introductions don't go that fast. The place is all over as a first episode. You're only looking this at your perspective because you read the VN and a lot of people judge harshly by their first episodes.

Jul 2, 2016 1:46 PM

AlexTheRiot said:
takumi94 said:
where are you get the info.
http://s.mxtv.jp/anime/rewrite/ Notice the 23:30~24:00
I can't facepalm hard enough at this.... the 土曜日23:30~24:00 bit was the time the show started airing... Saturdays at 11:30pm just like what MAL says on the Rewrite page.

If you don't know even the bare basics of Japanese like what the days of the week are, don't go around spreading misinformation...

That said, I still don't know whether or not its going to be 48 minutes per episode or its going to be 24 minutes like usual. But your "source" confirms nothing.

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »