Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
katsu044 said:
"what the hell am i watching" is right! can't make sense of any of it but i like the characters and it seems interesting.

Not sure since i haven't read the VN did they do a good job? don't have it in me to do a read along like i did with little busters right now so i hope this turns out decent.

animation is nice art on the other hand is kinda lacking and the CGI... is well yeah..

I think thats technically the point of the first episode, it took effect I suppose (then again I may be wrong but they haven't said anything).

As an adaption it was pretty good, of course, they did loads of trimming (but that was on the SoL aspects mostly and a lot of the first introduction monologue), they changed some introductions but it was still solid (introductions worked in some way more in anime format than how they introduced some characters in the VN, example Lucia as for instance)
Jul 2, 2016 11:38 PM

Jun 2012
GenesisAria said:
Not even 1 minute in: Wtf is this, The Land Before Time?
It's Space Odyssey, dude.
Jul 2, 2016 11:54 PM

May 2015
It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. It was a decent.
I’d say that the 3D was sub-par and off-putting for most part during the episode.

I’m still planning on giving this a go regardless of its outcome as an adaption.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 3, 2016 12:05 AM

Dec 2009
Caesar said:
GenesisAria said:
Not even 1 minute in: Wtf is this, The Land Before Time?
It's Space Odyssey, dude.
Too bad that's not actually how it happened (earth that is) XD
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 3, 2016 12:07 AM

Oct 2012
So I'm assuming they'll clear things up and develop the setting a little more later? Because being an anime only watcher I had no clue what the heck was going on xD
Apart from the decent art, the animation was nice and while there was some odd pacing and structuring for the ep, there were also some really cool things like the dream sequence and the flashbacks.

Overall I'm pretty excited for this, although I am sad that this is only 13 eps, let's hope for split cour since I want to see this story get fleshed out.
I'll probably have to start the VN too since this seems so interesting
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 3, 2016 12:16 AM

May 2015
The story was very confusing and rushed, I don't remember any name nor care for anyone even after 47 minutes. Characters were boring with a displeasing design.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 12:28 AM

Sep 2015
is this rewrite really original route from what i heard?

shoud i play game since for this original ending?
Into the Internet!
Jul 3, 2016 12:32 AM

Nov 2012
ListAandM said:
is this rewrite really original route from what i heard?

shoud i play game since for this original ending?

Well, if you watch the anime first, you are going to get introduced to Rewrite's world in a very rushed manner, so you will basically ruin a lot of the suspense and mystery you get in the original game.

Since it is an original route you won't really ruin any other routes at least, so it shouldn't be too bad, but I'd say it is still a better idea to read the visual novel first to maximize your enjoyment and understanding.
Jul 3, 2016 12:39 AM

May 2015
I came in with absolutely no expectations and was impressed! Seriously, how can so many people be complaining? It really wasn't that confusing. And this double length episode did a nice job setting up the story and introducing the heroines. And I really enjoyed this. It's a little funny though, considering the main two reasons I watched this show were the name (because of MAL Rewrite) and the hype.

Though since this anime is likely going to be incomplete in one way or another, given the fact it's 13 episodes, I'm really considering trying out the Visual Novel. And from what I've been hearing, it's really good!

All in all, this was a promising start to a series I really wasn't expecting much from. I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 3, 2016 12:47 AM

Dec 2015
I have not read the visual novel and know nothing about this but I've been looking forward to this and the first episode was really good in my opinion.
I like the main character and what seems to be the main group of girls are all extremely cute
Jul 3, 2016 1:01 AM

Dec 2010
Why why why does it have to be so good even though the characters are simply classical moe archetypes. I hate the character design for the girls so much that I feel like dropping it every minute like I did for Little Busters (which I actually dropped after the first season). I hate the anime industry so much for hiding such a gem of story-telling behind such a shameless and despicable moe facade!
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Jul 3, 2016 1:17 AM

Dec 2014
tenojji is sure is interesting to watch.. that was really something.... Though a little bit mysterious and confusing
Jul 3, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2012
Wow I was not expecting something as good as that. Really entertaining and for the moment, I like the MC and the girls are all cute. The animation during the fight and even when the MC runs is amazing, I don't know why, but it's seems so fluid.
I'm looking forward to next episode.
Jul 3, 2016 2:02 AM
Jan 2013
I'm a fan of the visual novel and much of Key's works for that matter. Not sure how I feel about episode 1 so far though, guess I'll wait for more :T

Ofc, I'm also keeping my expectations low because it's safe to say at this point that nothing of Key anime adaptations that have already been done or will be done in the future, will ever come close to the level of the masterful Clannad, ever...
Jul 3, 2016 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not a VN reader, so I honestly didn't know what to expect. But this was actually interesting, the characters are likeable so far, especially Kotori !

I'll admit that I didn't understand everything that happened...So, Kotarou has superpowers ? 030

Jul 3, 2016 2:30 AM
Feb 2014
ITT

God, I can't believe the Rewrite ANIME adaptation has just aired and people somehow HAVE THEIR OWN OPINIONS about how great it was!

How can the Rewrite ANIME adaptation be great and yet there are people who have opinions that deviate from what I deem acceptable? GOD!!

If I keep reminding you that THE REWRITE ANIME ADAPTATION IS SHIT, I hope to derail the argument by making you seem primitive. This is a form of ad hoc fallacy but who cares because THE REWRITE ANIME ADAPTATION IS SHIT.
Jul 3, 2016 2:44 AM
Sep 2013
Wow that was a blast. They manage to increase the pace of everything while still making sense within the context of the visual novel. Nothing significant really felt left out or glossed over but than again, there's still a ton of stuff left to cover.

They skipped some of the more mundane "daily life" stuff but I think its good they did, if the 1st episode was just full of that stuff, it would just look like one of those shitty harems. I seriously hope they don't adapt any of the "cafeteria scenes" cuz I might really have to rip Lucia's voice box out this time around.

Love the character adaptations. Kotarou, Kotori, and Chihiya are even more amusing than I remember. Shizuru and Akane didn't really have much screen-time and Lucia have always been annoying so not much you can do about that.

Most importantly, glad to see Kagari having much more direct interactions, maybe now she will finally live up to her title as "main heroine."
Jul 3, 2016 2:54 AM
Sep 2013
It only kinda feels "rushed" cuz there's a bunch of seemingly crazy random stuff happening really fast without any explanations. However, in the visual, lots of crazy seemingly random stuff happens to Kotarou all the time and we don't know why til much later in the story.
Jul 3, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2009
Very fast paced but for it being one-cour I expected nothing less.

The brief moment for Shizuru was absolutely amazing for me. I absolutely adored her in the game when I played it back in 2012 lol. This totally reminded me why in one short scene. Can't wait at all for when she gets more screentime.

Lucia's "grrrrrrrrr" made me smile just like the game XD.

Glad that Eri Kitamura is reprising her role as Akane as I never see her in anything anymore and she is my favourite Seiyuu.
Jul 3, 2016 4:18 AM

May 2015
i don't think it was fast paced they did the introduction neatly
Art is disappointing af the first frame where kotarou appeared I was already in wtf state could've given him more deatails

the bgm was a saving grace gave nostalgia from when I was playing the vn
shizuru and kagarin saved it >w< too damn kawaii
Jul 3, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
I agree to some other ppl here.
As a VN reader, I really like how the showed us a lot of scenes pretty similar to how they were in the VN, some even much better, and that they are using the OST. Also the intro was really handled well.
I agree they rushed character introductions a bit. I think I get where they are going with this (this special ep focussed on Chihaya and Kotori, and while other characters were introduced, they were only given short scenes and their "actual" VN introduction scenes will probably happen during the next 1-2 eps, so in the end every character will have had enough screentime to be memorizeable.) Might as well have not given them the short scene they were given until that happens, but I think the OP will probably have character introductions, where the characters should have least been seen once
The monster thing near the end was kind of out of place. I also get where they are going with this (showing the other, more supernatural/action oriented part of the material to anime ony viewers), but with all the other dreams and whatnots at the beginning and middle of the episodes I can see how some people are confused. Luckily not all are.
As for the CGI, I didn't mind with the tentacle monster. It's a huge monster, giving it some 3D GCI fits. It looked weird on the other horde of monsters that Kotarou ran in before though, I think those would have worked as well in 2D.
Honestly, with the direction they're going I think it can actually turn out pretty well. Will see.
Btw, why are some people putting that one girl's name into spoiler tags? She was clearly named in every PV she appeared in so far,her name is no secret, or am I wrong? (I obviously avoided her name here in case I AM wrong...which would be too late anyways because other people are just typing it xD)
--

Caesar said:
Do the tomes that transfer student was carrying have any connection to the occult room bookshelves?
I don't think they would have shown us that the girl was carrying a wealth of books and, without reason, not further addressed the matter at some point. I'm sure that point will come, in time.

As therandomestguy already said, it's probably just a ton of school books.
The nover never picks up on the contents of this box again. I think the only point was that it's heavy. (and a ton of books certainly are)

Caesar said:
exleader75 said:
The opening monologue is accomplished with visuals of how the planet Earth was formed
Why, though?

Are the girls supposed to follow cosmic themes, or something?
Is the show pretending to a depth that we, as first time viewers, don't yet comprehend?

There is a theme. It is not clear atm, but it will become.

felipecardel said:
edit 2: ok what the hell did i just watch? i love it so far, sucks that it'll be only one-cour. or is it being split?

Split-cour was hinted, but we don't know for sure. I'm not sure what would be in there, but I won't start speculating in this spoiler-free thread. Also there's not really much reason to do so until that is confirmed.

sterlingcrave said:
Can anyone tell me what kind of themes this anime will cover?(without spoilers) Also will it have a lot of 'feels', drama and sad moments that make you want to cry?

We don't know for exactly sure, but in the novel we had Sol, Comedy at the beginning and then action, shounen, drama, romance, psychological, horror, supernatural....well, a lot of stuff later. Including several sad or bittersweet moments to make people cry. We don't know what and how much we will get out of the anime however.
Jul 3, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2014
Even though this based of a Key VN, which was very well recieved, I am kind of anxious about te fact that 9 of the 10 people who haven't played the Visual Movel will mistake this as another Harem with overdose of elements, characters and minor development, because as far as the Visual Novel goes it's not. Hope the anime will show this as well since the visual novel isn't following that cliché and probably many will skip this now or later on because it looks like the same premise.
I am a straight woman and I like boobs.
-Said no feminist ever
Jul 3, 2016 5:12 AM

Oct 2015
Pretty boring, I must say. 48 minutes, I don't know what I even expected.
Jul 3, 2016 5:15 AM

Apr 2015
flack said:
Yep gonna be a disaster. Dropped. Even animation quality was pure shit... Idk why key keeps doing this, is it that hard to find a studio and will actually care about their work and put in some effort and budget?

Sorry but this is disrespecting as hell.

If they didn't have passion for this industry and their work as well as a whole lot of effort then they wouldn't even do these extremely underpaid jobs

They could choose any other job that lets them live better if they wanted but they don't because they have love and passion for anime.

You can dislike the art style and animation quality but this backseat sh*t talking about people's effort or care without even knowing one bit about the dire situation of the industry is just making me upset.
FappaJul 3, 2016 5:22 AM
Jul 3, 2016 5:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was... indeed dramatically different from the VN in so many ways lol

Really not sure what to expect from this moving onwards. I mean I know it's going to be an anime original route but it's pretty hard to estimate the relative quality of it
Jul 3, 2016 5:34 AM
Feb 2016
Found the first episode quite interesting. Liking the characters a lot already. I haven't played the VN so I'm wondering how faithful does it seem to the source material so far?
Jul 3, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2015
It was okay I guess. Wasn't really impressed.
Jul 3, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2014
The girls look way too weird! Having said that... I really liked every other aspect of this anime.
Jul 3, 2016 5:58 AM

Oct 2014
Well, that was a fun first episode...

Especially the comedy
Jul 3, 2016 6:20 AM
Dec 2012
Somehow I was disappointed that Kotarou used Coins instead of scissors to bring Kotori home. Well at least it's better that what I had expected
Jul 3, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2012
Sande said:
Found the first episode quite interesting. Liking the characters a lot already. I haven't played the VN so I'm wondering how faithful does it seem to the source material so far?

It's mostly faithful to the material, but everything is out of order. For example, the scene with Pani and Gil is probably around 20 hours into the VN, and here we see it in first episode. There was also a lot of slice of life that was between the introductions of the girls that was skipped.

Overall, there seems to be more focus on the ghost girl with the red ribbons.
Jul 3, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
I'm not a VN reader, but I liked it. The main character is nice, the girls are cute (though the introduction of the blonde girl looked a bit rushed in my opinion) and I found the episode funny. I didn't expected the series going for the path of fighting with giant monsters and that, honestly (though I must be wrong).

Looks interesting so far.
Jul 3, 2016 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
InsanityDevice said:
Why why why does it have to be so good even though the characters are simply classical moe archetypes. I hate the character design for the girls so much that I feel like dropping it every minute like I did for Little Busters (which I actually dropped after the first season). I hate the anime industry so much for hiding such a gem of story-telling behind such a shameless and despicable moe facade!

Don't hate Anime Industry, hate KyoAni fans because of whom studios that aren't KyoAni make lame imitations whenever they animate a VN done by Key (this art does not fit at all here, they should have used VN's art -_- )

HaXXspetten said:

Really not sure what to expect from this moving onwards. I mean I know it's going to be an anime original route but it's pretty hard to estimate the relative quality of it

It's not really Anime-Original route as much as a route that is to be added in the new release of Rewrite (including the English version).

Barktooth said:

Of course there will be the focus on her, it is animating her route (though I always thought that Terra route was hers but I guess Romeo disagrees).
Jul 3, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2012
Nayrael said:
Barktooth said:

Of course there will be the focus on her, it is animating her route (though I always thought that Terra route was hers but I guess Romeo disagrees).

Yeah, and that is different from the common route in the VN. For me Moon route was basically her route, but I don't really mind if they make another original route focusing even more on her.
Jul 3, 2016 6:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Nayrael said:
HaXXspetten said:

It's not really Anime-Original route as much as a route that is to be added in the new release of Rewrite (including the English version).
Well yes but it's not in the current/original game I meant

But I think it's rather the opposite and that this anime is mostly meant as an advertisement for Rewrite Plus than anything else
Jul 3, 2016 7:32 AM
Jul 2016
As the anime annouce to be new route for Rewrite+ one thing that we gotta think for the Anime as the VN reader is

For the anime viewer, this will be confuse for like 3 - 6 Ep, I think or maybe it will be around 9-10 EP. before know what is "Rewrite"

Keep it up as fan of Key,
Jul 3, 2016 7:33 AM

Jan 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
katsu044 said:
"what the hell am i watching" is right! can't make sense of any of it but i like the characters and it seems interesting.

Not sure since i haven't read the VN did they do a good job? don't have it in me to do a read along like i did with little busters right now so i hope this turns out decent.

animation is nice art on the other hand is kinda lacking and the CGI... is well yeah..

I think thats technically the point of the first episode, it took effect I suppose (then again I may be wrong but they haven't said anything).

As an adaption it was pretty good, of course, they did loads of trimming (but that was on the SoL aspects mostly and a lot of the first introduction monologue), they changed some introductions but it was still solid (introductions worked in some way more in anime format than how they introduced some characters in the VN, example Lucia as for instance)

i see, idid feel they hinted quite a bit of other worldly stuff far more than the typical Key right off the bat,are Kotarou's monologues interesting? remember people being pissed about 8bit cutting a lot of Yuuji's from Grisaia
Jul 3, 2016 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
Shitty af characters who are literally the same archetypes we've seen for years, dull music, plot shows no promise right now. And even the animation is subpar at best. And this is supposed to be the best Key VN ever? Sigh.
Jul 3, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2012
It was alright. I don't really get what's going on though.
Jul 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2016
TROPES. TROPES EVERYWHERE.

Anime: The Animation

(Lol, I don't really understand what's going on. Can non-VN viewers watch this?)
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jul 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2012
Nekosea said:
As the anime annouce to be new route for Rewrite+ one thing that we gotta think for the Anime as the VN reader is

For the anime viewer, this will be confuse for like 3 - 6 Ep, I think or maybe it will be around 9-10 EP. before know what is "Rewrite"

Keep it up as fan of Key,

Jul 3, 2016 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
really enjoyed the first episode. so far this seems like a good VN adapt already like the cast and gai and pai chan are cute :p
Jul 3, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2013
Ryuugamono said:
TROPES. TROPES EVERYWHERE.

Anime: The Animation

(Lol, I don't really understand what's going on. Can non-VN viewers watch this?)

Yeah, it will all make sense later, no worries.
Jul 3, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Going along with the hype train on this one.

"along with other titles such as Kanon, Air, Little Busters!, and Clannad."

All series I've followed...

Jul 3, 2016 8:03 AM

Mar 2012
Not everything is supposed to make sense if its only the first episode.
If I were anime only watcher, I would be very interested by this episode.

And the fight at the end was epic.
Jul 3, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2015
Interested in what is going to happen next episode. A new way to enjoy Rewrite since I've finished all the routes. Ahh the scenes really brought back my memory to this VN that I want to play the game again xD
Jul 3, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2015
IZEROII said:
lezerman said:
Do you guys think they will rush everything to finish with 13 episodes or we will get a split cour later?

This question is irrelevant since its an anime original route in the end as has been said dozens of times. So the incessant rushed comments are beyond annoying.

People need to get this through their heads that this is NOT going to be a faithful adaptation of their favorite VN since they dropped the bomb months ago that "hey we aren't adapting any route from the game but rather a new 6th route. Oh and surprise we went with 8bit!". So how they play with the common route is ???

And to Key newcomers...there is something dubbed "Key magic" in these novels. It's in every one of their worlds. It explains a lot of the unexplainable.

Wait what, i only asked if they would rush the common route with original route/moon/terra and finish with 13 episodes.

Why you are attacking me...
Jul 3, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
(though the introduction of the blonde girl looked a bit rushed in my opinion)

I am pretty sure there will be more, since they promised to have lunch together at another day. I think that's the way to well introduce all the character to us briefly, but taking time to do "proper" introductions later.
The same for the class rep,her introduction was even shorter.

I can see how that would be a good idea pacing-wise, so I juts guess they went for that.
Jul 3, 2016 9:14 AM
Dec 2014
I don't think we will get anything crazy next episode.
Maybe just another character development for the girls and some comedy.
And at the end we will get a hyped up cliffhanger
Jul 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2009
Do I not watch because it is Key, or do I say "screw it, I don't need feelings" and watch anyway. =(
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.