Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 5, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2012
Well I for one, like this episode. Cause it answered a question... How did the humans kill the Ghouls before the Quinquies? The fact that the creators of the CCG are ghouls makes a lot of sense to me o3o
Jul 5, 2016 8:04 PM
Oct 2015
physicschild said:
TheGhoulLife said:

How did you come to this conclusion with all the things that got revealed in this chapter? The Washuu's/V clearly just got revealed as the main villains here the one's keeping the world in a cage as Kanou would say. Furuta has shown a strong dislike for the Washuu's/V and is clearly trying to do his own thing here which is too start a revolution as he's talked about before. It bothers me a bit that some people can't understand a character with out putting them in a black or white category. Furuta is a complex character he isn't good or bad the best way to describe him is choatic neutral.

Furuta is a Washuu

"It bothers me a bit that some people can't read properly" - TheGhoulLife, (edited by physicschild)

It bothers when people can't read properly or read between the lines properly and then have the nerve to accuse someone else of the same thing. Yes Furuta does have a parent who is a Washuu but he is not a legitimate child or even recognized by them as a part of their family so please you learn to read properly.

You must have completely skipped over that chapter involving him and Eto where Eto teases him for not being able to call his father, father. And the chapter where Eto states he clearly doesn't care about the Washuu's or V.

Now I would hope that you are just trolling and didn't seriously think you came back at me with a good point by stating the obvious that he is a Washuu
TheGhoulLifeJul 5, 2016 8:19 PM
Jul 5, 2016 8:42 PM

Mar 2016
NOOOOOOOO ARIMAAAA WHYYYYYYYYYYY DID YOU HAVE TO DIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

im eating a burger (b^_^)b
Jul 6, 2016 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
Heirio said:
Elgargini said:
Arima's last speech was really moving, but the fact that Kaneki was sad about him just doesn't go well with me, I mean they were about to kill each other after all.

Kaneki did say that he didn't want to kill him.
I think it's the same situation with Amon, wherein they had to fight, but they didn't really want to.

I see, though both ended up dying! (well, I guess we still don't know what exactly happened to Amon)
Jul 6, 2016 7:51 AM
Jul 2016
Elgargini said:
Heirio said:

Kaneki did say that he didn't want to kill him.
I think it's the same situation with Amon, wherein they had to fight, but they didn't really want to.

I see, though both ended up dying! (well, I guess we still don't know what exactly happened to Amon)

My guess is that before the battle ended and the bodies were taken in by the CCG, Aogiri Tree had taken Amon, who was close to death but not dead, and used a ghoul transplant to turn him into a half ghoul.
Jul 6, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Heirio said:
Elgargini said:

My guess is that before the battle ended and the bodies were taken in by the CCG, Aogiri Tree had taken Amon, who was close to death but not dead, and used a ghoul transplant to turn him into a half ghoul.

one of the previous chapters highly suggest that, it's when this otaku girl (sorry, I'm bad at keeping up with names) got saved by a man wearing a cloak.
Jul 6, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
Eh, feels like the few recent chapters have just been going downhill. Things don't feel as subtle anymore, edginess gets turned up to eleven and the dialogue feels cheesy.

Or I just hate the fact that yeah, Arima was a half-ghoul all along, nice. It's as if Guts from Berserk was revealed to be an apostle or something. The idea of human perseverance, ability and adaptability. I want to see that, superhuman characters realizing that someone human could be that amazing through his efforts despite living amongst demigods.

Well, even if my fantasies didn't come true, Arima was nevertheless left a bit bland. More fleshing out would've been nice.

tl;dr rip arima
mertsiJul 6, 2016 11:43 AM
uh oh!
Jul 6, 2016 12:32 PM

Feb 2016
Heirio said:
Bit confused though.... why are the Washuu trying to kill ghouls if they themselves are ghouls?
So basically its one of those control the world schemes the description of Eto's last book before arrest King Bileygr is that a one eyed ghoul (Kaneki?) fighting a corrupt human organization secretly cooperating with the ghouls to control the world (the Washuu and CCG higher-ups). So it can be implied that even though the Washuu are ghouls they want control of the world and are doing so by invoking an nationalist emotion in humans to hate the ghouls while promoting themselves as their saviors.
Jul 6, 2016 2:50 PM

Oct 2013
TheGhoulLife said:
physicschild said:

Furuta is a Washuu

"It bothers me a bit that some people can't read properly" - TheGhoulLife, (edited by physicschild)

It bothers when people can't read properly or read between the lines properly and then have the nerve to accuse someone else of the same thing. Yes Furuta does have a parent who is a Washuu but he is not a legitimate child or even recognized by them as a part of their family so please you learn to read properly.

You must have completely skipped over that chapter involving him and Eto where Eto teases him for not being able to call his father, father. And the chapter where Eto states he clearly doesn't care about the Washuu's or V.

Now I would hope that you are just trolling and didn't seriously think you came back at me with a good point by stating the obvious that he is a Washuu

Plsss stop whining
Jul 6, 2016 3:52 PM
Oct 2015
physicschild said:
TheGhoulLife said:

Plsss stop whining

This is a discussion forum. I was just trying to discuss but with that comment you've let me know that your just incapable of discussing anything reasonably so you resort to a childish comment when your proven wrong or have nothing valuable to back up your claims. I'm not gonna waste anymore time talking to you then bye.
TheGhoulLifeJul 6, 2016 3:58 PM
Jul 6, 2016 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
TheGhoulLife said:
physicschild said:

Plsss stop whining

This is a discussion forum. I was just trying to discuss but with that comment you've let me know that your just incapable of discussing anything reasonably so you resort to a childish comment when your proven wrong or have nothing valuable to back up your claims. I'm not gonna waste anymore time talking to you then bye.

Bye, have a nice day!
Jul 6, 2016 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
physicschild said:
TheGhoulLife said:

Bye, have a nice day!

Funny claim. Even funnier conclusion. Thanks for the laugh mate.
Jul 6, 2016 11:53 PM

Oct 2007
stupid boring overly melodramatic chapter ... this manga used to be so good :/

used to
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
This was a deep chapter, really eye opening for Kaneki
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 7, 2016 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
ma103 said:
physicschild said:

Bye, have a nice day!

Funny claim. Even funnier conclusion. Thanks for the laugh mate.

"The ones who get the last laugh are us, the Clowns."
Sep 7, 2016 2:31 AM
Jul 2015
Arcanix said:
Well that was fucking dumb... may this manga rip in pieces...
why da fck you hate this manga so much?
Nov 30, 2016 11:28 AM

Jun 2016
noooo, i am feeling upset :|
CCG's grim reaper, Arima Kishou...
Jan 12, 2017 9:05 AM

Apr 2015
The amount of foreshadowing that led to this !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 2:38 AM

May 2016
I feel hurt deeply inside...........
Arima San RIP...

So the Washu Clan are all Ghouls.
Mar 31, 2017 11:29 PM

Oct 2014
i said it every chapter and im gonna say it again but WHAT THE FUCK

this chapter was like a turning point, we lost but arima (rip dad) and yoshitoki (and i mean we only saw one flashback pic but was husband-chan material when he was young also rip) who are some of the strongest characters in the series and also secretly ghouls themselves with eto aka one eyed owl's status currently unknown but just wOW

i felt really bad for marude, even though he knew yoshitoki was a ghoul he was still hoping that his friend wouldn't be but when it was proved that he was he had no choice than to kill him ://
Sep 30, 2017 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
RIP Arima, really sad ending.
Dec 3, 2017 12:06 PM
May 2012
While it seems pretty stupid, I like the page where he said that he always hated it.
Nov 11, 2018 10:16 AM

Jan 2016
"The one who wished for death more than anyone else was the grim reaper himself"

What a chapter. 5/5
Nov 23, 2018 12:43 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, the CCG is controlled by ghouls!
RIP Arima, only because Kaneki respects you.
Feb 16, 2019 3:42 PM

Jun 2017
R.I.P. Arima.
I'm glad he wasn't as bad a guy as I thought he was.
Poor Kaneki always having to suffer.
Apr 23, 2020 7:01 AM

Jun 2017
Of course the Washuus want all the normal ghouls exterminated! There's nothing wrong with that since they can eat like normal people do anyway. Getting rid of the ghouls would make the world a better place. And they chose that notion. I would've done the same thing.

Anyway...RIP to my only favorite character in Tokyo Ghoul:Re :Kishou Arima! The 98 chapters left would feel empty without you!
KoniginElleApr 23, 2020 7:06 AM

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 6, 2022 8:25 PM

Mar 2021
i didn't think that i'd shed a tear on arima's death :c
Apr 26, 2022 1:09 AM

Oct 2021
I never wanted a life of taking others' lifes ~sobbing~
Well i wasn't expecting that Arima's death would hit this hard.

May 7, 2023 8:52 AM

Dec 2022
this hit hardest for people who watched/read jack . arima was the best character in the whole series for me . ppl who dont like him didnt take time to understand his character or js didnt watch the ova/side manga . i love him so much im so sad man
Jul 28, 2023 3:08 PM
Jun 2021
That’s one of the craziest chapters i’ve ever read, I don’t know exactly how to feel about this but wow
TouekiJul 28, 2023 3:12 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.