Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 4, 2016 7:48 PM

Sep 2013
This was a fun series, at least until those theories.. Having something so dark without really being addressed reminds me of another comedy series I recently seen..
Jul 4, 2016 7:52 PM

Dec 2012
I like the generally light hearted comedy this show offered but damn after reading all those Sakamoto theory and that ending, I feel sad all of a sudden. Totally didn't see that coming.

Edit: I have to mention "knee destruction". :D
allo
Jul 4, 2016 8:11 PM

Apr 2016
Zukrad said:
It was a good anime.
I wouldn't say is the best comedy of this season, but is definetly up there

It had some moments that were predictable or boring... but the anime can make up for that

8/10

(Also, does someone know what was that anime that appeared right before the ending?)

AmejiHunter said:
So I guess I can write freely here, since you pretty much have watched all the anime if you're here?

There's this theory going on among the manga readers in which Sakamoto is DYING. And that is why he is ''leaving'' or whatever, according to the manga. I find it extremely interesting, as it makes a lot of sense.

Because I am a lazy person, I decided to copy/paste some of the comments I've seen on the last manga chapter or under this episode on some websites :

ANYWAYS! I don't know if that actually interested someone. Just wanted to bring some info in here.

Thanks for this very detailed information.

Never thought that Sakamoto's mystery was quite deep since the anime did not explain anything about Sakamoto's mysterious life.
Jul 5, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2016
After happily hanging onto Sakamoto for so long, the feels are real. Everyone getting creampies to cover their tears were truly touching...

Then there came the Sakamoto Theory. The feels amplified into a wtf and actually made me sadder than when I finished the anime ,_,

Can't wait for the special~

Jul 5, 2016 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
Well, that was a nice conclusion to one of the season's best for me. I enjoyed almost all ep, except a few hiccups here and there. Didn't expect that dying theory and that actually makes sense. ;_;

8/10. Will miss this.
Jul 5, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2016
Sakamoto is too cool for school ;_;

Rest In Peace my nigga ;_;
Jul 5, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
talentlessash said:
This was a fun series, at least until those theories.. Having something so dark without really being addressed reminds me of another comedy series I recently seen..
what series? (spoiler tag if needed)
Jul 5, 2016 3:36 PM

Sep 2013
a_new_challenger said:
talentlessash said:
what series? (spoiler tag if needed)
Jul 5, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2012
I didn't know about that death theory but it really makes a lot of sense... and makes this show even better
Jul 5, 2016 5:22 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending of this quite hilarious anime I must say! I do wonder what the 13th unaired episode will have to offer, but in general I must say that I sure liked to marathon this anime!

All in all a pretty good anime!
Jul 5, 2016 5:23 PM
Jul 2016
Despite of the theory of sakamoto having a deadly illness the overall plot of the anime itself is emotional. As seen from the last episode, sakamoto looking back at his friends almost made him tear up. Thats why he covered his face with the pie. With the theory connected, the story goes about a boy with a deadly illness living his highschool life to the fullest, in the coolest way and making great memories to take on his deathbed.

this is an example of a very good anime.
10/10
Jul 5, 2016 9:56 PM
Jan 2016
So, after reading the death theory, a thought occurred to me

Personally I'm still a fan of the "Sakamoto is an alien" theory, but only because the alternative is just too sad :(

Still, I really enjoyed this anime
Jul 6, 2016 7:56 AM

Mar 2009
Not to rain on everyone's RIP Sakamoto parade, but the evidence just leads me to believe that Sakamoto may be some kind of alien instead.

Either way, pretty good adaptation.
Jul 6, 2016 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
Dang it why must people (over)analyse this series! Now I am uber sad. ): I wish to know it isn't true that Sakamoto is very ill and is going to die, but the theory seems so convincing with people providing proofs and all that.. )';

The series started well, but got somewhat stale in the middle, and somewhat creepy especially with Kubota's mom. The episodes with bullying weren't the most enjoyable ones for this series. It ended well though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 6, 2016 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
This is such a good show!
I'll definitely miss this Anime especially Sakamoto-kun!
5/5.
8/10.

Jul 6, 2016 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
quality finale

Jul 7, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2015

You're gonna carry that weight!
Jul 7, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
AmejiHunter said:
So I guess I can write freely here, since you pretty much have watched all the anime if you're here?

There's this theory going on among the manga readers in which Sakamoto is DYING. And that is why he is ''leaving'' or whatever, according to the manga. I find it extremely interesting, as it makes a lot of sense.

Because I am a lazy person, I decided to copy/paste some of the comments I've seen on the last manga chapter or under this episode on some websites :

ANYWAYS! I don't know if that actually interested someone. Just wanted to bring some info in here.
When I finished the series I thought it was a nice ending but now I think it's a sad one.
Jul 8, 2016 1:03 AM

Oct 2015
hope to meet again sakamoto you entertained me well.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 8, 2016 1:47 AM

Sep 2015
Very good series, the references were awesome, and the theory killed me. It gets an 8/10 from me. Sakamoto is the Chuck Norris of Japan :D
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 8, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2011
After digging deeper regarding why did he leave really killed my heart
i'll miss my weekly comedy
Jul 8, 2016 8:52 PM

May 2013
I had a feeling he would pie himself :P
Jul 9, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2009
That's such a touching ending. Everyone who came into contact with Sakamoto, had their lives changed.

I wish I was as cool as him in HS.
Jul 9, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2014
Eh that ending was underwhelming. I'm glad it finally ended but... I feel it lacks something.
These theories about Sakamoto's future are really sad, depressing, creepy and disturbing.. o.o
I will miss this unique type of humor though, SAKAMOTO!!! 7/10
Jul 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2011
That face Sakamoto makes as he leaves, it still gets me.

Lucky96u said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VX9yAnD.jpg[/ig]

FAREWELL SAKAMOTO-KUN!!!!!!!

That's totally a Bleach reference
Nah, it's a facehugger from Alien.
ReaperCreeperJul 9, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 10, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
ReaperCreeper said:

I was thinking alien also.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 10, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2014
His tearing up face :'-(
I read the theory too. It sounds very credible tbh. I haven't looked into the manga myself, but you know how they always throw foreshadowing and stuff like that into the story, it got me thinking and it pretty much effed me up and blew my mind into how much deeper this anime was. If this is true (which I do believe it is) then I think that many viewers are not giving this anime enough credit.It gave me some heavy Clannad vibes after that. But the ending really got me. Loved it and hated the writers at the same time. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 5:13 AM

Mar 2010
I wish I hadn't read this thread, now I believe Sakamoto is dying T_T
Jul 11, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2010
Great episode, but I wonder what was that "you're not going to America" talk.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
GODDAMMIT!!!! I was told this was a comedy!!!!! TT^TT They had me bawling the whole episode!!!! TT^TT

Jul 12, 2016 2:05 AM
May 2013
If the theory about sakamoto's illness is true and the mangaka decides to make a sequel focusing on drama, i think it'll become one of the best mangas of all time. I want more sakamoto
Jul 12, 2016 2:20 AM

Jun 2013
Looks like Sakamoto and Acchan's love story has ended. Fukase is in his fucking 30s but he doesn't feel like graduating? Jesus Christ, dude.

Sakamoto looking sad before he walked away with that pie in his hand TT__TT
臭い-
Jul 12, 2016 7:52 PM

May 2014
I did not in a million years think I would cry at the end of this series...the whole thing with Atsushi, and then Sakamoto's speech hit me right in the feels.

That Fukase thing was hilarious though, the irony of him actually becoming a surfer dude after his (extremely belated) graduation lmao

Oh and don't even get me started on the expression Sakamoto gave us right at the end there also pretty sure he pied himself in the face cuz he was crying

It's the first time he's ever broken out of his Swagamoto mold and I was not expecting it. He looked like he really wanted to stay ;_;
Now the question is....is Sakamoto an alien, or has he got some sort of illness?? Is he a ghost?!! Anything is possible, but I guess it's left up to the imagination since we'll never know. Hayabusa got it out there that he was onto Sakamoto lying about going to America & it seemed like Sakamoto implied he spent a lot of time in the nurses office...

Ah well, either way I think it's a shame there's no more content- I was never bored whilst watching and I feel like it could've gone on for a lot longer...especially with how surprisingly colorful the supporting cast were. It gave me Gintama vibes with how absurd and OTT it was, I'll miss Swagamoto!!
Jul 13, 2016 5:49 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A satisfying ending to a funny series. Reading people's theories about Sakamoto actually dying really makes me think, as well as makes me a little depressed. Not for one second did I think Sakamoto was actually dying. But a lot of signs point to it, I just don't want it to be true.

I am however, glad that the anime was able to fully adaptate the manga. That's a rare thing these days, so it's refreshing to see.

I'll most definitely be checking out the manga too.

Sakamoto Desu Ga was fun, silly, ridiculous, and some times laugh out loud series. I think the comedy was well executed with both its timing and ingenuity. Sakamoto is the man, and I've grown to like him quite a lot.

Thanks for the ride Sakamoto, you magnificent man. 8/10
Jul 13, 2016 6:09 PM
Jun 2013
I didn't really care for how the main antagonist was handled at the end of this; it was super lame and honestly, just downright stupid. The last few episodes were trying to be really touching, which was cool, but I don't think that's what it really excelled at. I think the strongest aspect of this anime was definitely the comedy, which I think the series, unfortunately, got away from towards the end. But with that being said this was literally one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It had masterpiece potential but just fell a little short for me by the end.
8/10
Jul 13, 2016 6:34 PM

Aug 2014
Whoa, did not expect an ending on such a sad note. Sakamoto is actually dying and it was his first and last high school year? That's just... depressing, especially when you consider that all those kids have to cope with their friend going away forever. Never even caught wind of all the hints that were left.

The comedy was exactly my type, Sakamoto was always cool and surprisingly the side characters were pretty decent, and as a nice little bonus I loved the jazzy music they chose for Sakamoto's themes. I still don't know how to feel about the ending, it was unexpectedly sad though definitely well done, wonder why the author decided to not let Sakamoto continue to exist.

Final episode: 5/5
Series overall: 8/10

That one look on his face that was genuinely filled with emotion was what almost made my eyes water...
MaledictJul 13, 2016 6:39 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jul 13, 2016 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
Oh no it's a MAN WITH A BAT what are we going to do?
Jul 14, 2016 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
I give more expectation for comedy on this series, but what I got is episode like this.
Jul 15, 2016 8:37 AM

Oct 2012
Sakamoto's sad face :(
That was... sad

Although the reason for his sad face is being cut.. I enjoyed this series overall

"Signature removed"
Jul 16, 2016 10:38 AM
Jul 16, 2016 9:54 PM

Apr 2014
really refreshing anime. that ED tho
Jul 17, 2016 2:33 AM

May 2013
Very nice comedy, Sakamoto was excellent
Jul 17, 2016 3:18 AM
Jun 2016
Those theories really scare me, but they all make sense.
10/10 from me

I'm going to miss him
Jul 19, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
I LOVED this series... it was too hilarious from start to finish!!

The ending did leave me wondering about Sakamoto leaving since I didn't completely buy the whole "transfer to America" thing especially with Hayabusa talking to him the way he did. That scene was what raised all the questions for me.

But I never would have guessed he was actually leaving because
like the theories suggest. Wahhhhh... that's too damn sad but also nice(?) since it gives the whole story even more depth that I would never have expected from a show like this. Ugh.

Either way, I love it. I love Sakamoto and I'll miss him~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 21, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2011
So sad for Sakamoto and his classmates. Totally touching.

Jul 26, 2016 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
SAKAMOTO KUN I LOVE YOU.9/10 cuz I want to know what happened to sakamoto.

Aoizuho said:
Look at the face. It makes me completely sad </3

One of a great comedy show to laugh. Gonna miss it.

OH PLEASE IM CRYING FROM THIS PIC AHHHHH
Aug 5, 2016 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
What's the real reason behind his lie tho ? why did he left the school ? so many questions poped up in mind after a good laugh goddammit, i don't want to feel i just want to laugh.

Put that all aside, this show is pretty enjoyable, i'll give it 7/10
Aug 5, 2016 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what a journey. It maybe short, but it was so good.

Now we know why he is Swagamoto or God himself. As for leaving at the end and rumor he has a disease. That's a good theory, but I don't think he would die like that. He is god himself. He would find a cure and treat it before he dies!!

Either way, I can't wait for the OVA!

9/10!
Aug 6, 2016 9:53 AM
Jun 2016
Megumin said:
AmejiHunter said:

This is so well thought out it's scary. What an interesting theme the entire anime would have if that was the case..

but gg. Great ending to a great series. everything about the ending kept the same vibe as the rest of the entire anime. This was really a great ending. Everything about it rang Sakamoto-Kun as the rest of the anime did, and this was probably the best episode too. Such a shame an episode got cut out.

I tried to raise the anime's rating but we apparently only go up to 10.

Adding also that in the opening in the blue road before Sakamoto's glasses there's a strange signal: a return arrow and below an "X". This has two meanings
It makes it look like a ribbon to represent someone's death, also that there's no return... or in other words
There's no return from sakamoto's fate.
Quite creepy, since I never seen a signal like that.
Aug 8, 2016 4:28 AM
Aug 2016
Great comedy, classy ones to be fair. Kind of overpowered sometimes (Saitama-ish) but that's where the fun is. Ending a bit edgy but the emotions got me good 8/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

122 by Artromex »»
Mar 25, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

160 by crazymango »»
Jan 16, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

204 by Artromex »»
Jan 6, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2016

193 by TheColonel76 »»
Jan 1, 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.