Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion

Nov 30, 2016 4:06 PM

Justykanna said:
I really wanted to like this series more than I did.
This describes exactly how I feel. I absolutely enjoyed it up until Biba appeared. From that point I was trying to enjoy it just as much. I certainly like this anime but I can't ignore that the second half was a letdown.

Dec 7, 2016 5:05 PM
The music and entire scene where Ikoma and Kurusu get there to fight back and fight back-to-back is perfection.

Loved the look on Biba's second-in-command's face when Ikoma finally got him. Dude thought he was invincibly skilled and is all pissed and then you see his shocked face just before Ikoma shoots him up close when he realizes Ikoma got his ass.

FatalGaze said:
While the female protagonist was a bimbo who had few screws loose in her head with lack of common sense or logic and deserved to die considering the carnage she imitated.

She was pretty much brainwashed by Biba even before the final time where he literally brainwashed her. Also, Biba and his second-in-command and Horobi several times purposefully kept their plans like that of actually unleashing kabane from her knowing that she would not be okay with that. While naive and manipulated to open the gate the first time it's not like she knew or even suspected that they'd actually do something like dump kabane on a city. They've purposefully only let her see or believe certain things so that Biba could continue to manipulate her.

Dec 14, 2016 1:56 AM

Ikoma blew that train away with the force.

Babi died.

I had to laugh at the way Mumei threw Ikoma.

Yukina going to work on that acceleration.

The only one missing is Takumi. :(

And that was the end....for now.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Dec 15, 2016 6:11 AM

Season 2 of Kabaneri has been announced to be in production due to be out in 2018

Dec 27, 2016 2:26 PM

Nice anime, with a last episode full of action and a little of drama, where we can watch and enjoy of a Ikoma figther, fighting against Biba, although is Mumei what kill Biba!!! Kekeke
Happy ends, although only is a step a large travel!!!
I wait in a future a second season, although i think it will be impossible kekeke

In summary, great serie, with a nice elements, a great plot, a anime full of action, nice fights, with nice scenes and better draws!!! Is bloody?! Yes, but the just ;)

8/10.

Hello, my litte boy!

Jan 17, 2017 1:33 AM

Man! Why don't these ever end in kisses?

Jan 27, 2017 4:48 AM

the ending is kinda cliche. the white serum injected by Biba and taking effect so slow unlike in Mumei's case where it acted immediately although she was farther gone. I would have liked for Mumei to spill some of her blood for Ikome and that to be the antidote.

Feb 17, 2017 1:08 PM

This show was so stupid and ridiculous that I can't help but to like it. 7/10

Mar 25, 2017 2:52 AM

HAHAHA! What a bullshit ending. After all the atrocities Biba has done he's gonna pull off something like curing Ikoma last minute before he turns? Also if you think about it all why did this even happen? It's because some pink-haired diva hates his father and wants to get back at him for betraying him and what did he do? Killed a lot of innocent people and spewed nonsensical mumbo-jumbo about love and fear and bullshit like they will justify his acts. And what's crazier is that they didn't even explain how he's done it. Where did he get his money and resources for researching about kabanes, how to turn someone into a kabaneri and turn them into that big shadow thing. And what about his men? Why are those fuckers so loyal to him? And I can't believe they let those bastards ride in the train with them.

Overall it was entertaining, not gonna lie. But it was also very annoying and ridiculous in a negative way. Will probably forget about this in a month or two.

Apr 6, 2017 12:16 PM

Waste of time show. Trying to be AoT.

4/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 8, 2017 9:29 AM
And people wonder why this show is "underrated" the start was okay and it hoked me but after 4th episode everything goes to shit... The main villain is 1 dimensional predictable and anoying as it gets...

May 8, 2017 10:18 AM

It started well but ended badly.

Jul 13, 2017 4:30 AM

I expected much more tragic and apocalyptic ending with more characters death, not only villians. It ended pretty "happy" with everybody include few survayed enemies. Of course if you forget about whole capitol destroyed in epic end with explosions and overrunned by Kabane. But our train group doesn't feel really concern about it so happy end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2017 3:30 PM

This anime was amazing. Too bad that is over..
Many people said that is similar to Shingeki no Kyojin, yes it is a little similar , but i kinda liked this more than SNK...
Anyway my score is 8/10

Sep 1, 2017 12:05 AM

Hurrah! Evil Hannes has been defeated lololol xD

Welp. That Horohoro (from Shaman King) lookin guy is on the bad side, but I kinda liked him. Mainly cuz he's cute LMFAO but also bc he still had his humanity. Like when he said it didn't matter if the husband donated blood in place of his wife and how he didn't like that asshole picking on the weak after he cut off the husband's arm D:< still mad about that btw. What a fucking punkass piece of shit.

ANYWAYS.
Not bad. Was easy to guess what's gonna happen and it was very similar to SnK in many inferior ways, but I still give it a 7/10 overall.

Nov 26, 2017 1:20 AM

Now I get why a lot of people are hating on this show because I somehow feel the same now. Note: It took me 5 days to finish this show despite of it only having a 12 episodes. I can finish a 1-cour anime in a day, so that says a lot.

This show started promising. Love the animation (Wit fucking Studio, of course), the soundtrack (Sawano-samaaaa), and the characters (Mumei and Kurusu the most). But for whatever reason it slowly went downhill especially when The Hunters and Biba were introduced. They're the ones who ruined this show for me, tbh. Their introduction and being part of the story is so unnecessary that it pisses the fuck outta me.

This show has a lot of potential and yet it chose to become a "train"wreck. Pun intended. Despite the similarities (a lot) with SnK, I still continue watching this show since I was enjoying it so far, but yeah when Biba was introduced it became something not worth watching anymore.

Talking about the ending. So, Mumei was turned back into human by Ikoma because there's no sign of her being a Kabaneri anymore (that lava-like thing) and miraculously Ikoma still lives because Biba injected him with white blood? Lmao. Did that happen during their fight? Idk, maaan.

So, everyone was saved in the Kotetsujyo. Everyone's safe, Ikoma, Mumei, and Kurusu got back on the train, and is happy again. Alright?

There are a lot of better plot beside the Biba or The Hunter arc to make this show good, but Araki-san chose the worst way and it didn't make me and a lot of fans happy. Lmao. Instead of that, it should've been about how the Kabane started? See?

2/5 for this episode and 7/10 for the whole anime; props to the soundtrack which is a +1 instead of me giving it a 6/10.
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Feb 2, 2018 1:36 AM
Nice episode
Ikoma stopping the train in way I didn't expect..nice one kiddo
The fight should have been longer...I expected biba and ikoma would turn into black cloud and then fight.... disappointed there.

Nice Series btw.
Will there be a season 2?

Feb 24, 2018 12:52 AM

I really liked this one. I found very single episode entertaining and I loved the characters. I think most of the characters were awesome. The main ones were great and I love de that the princess wasn't just a weakling. She was trying hard as well. The train chick is awesome. Even the girl who's taking care of the children was awesome. She was never a coward. So I'm a fan of the characters. I definitely liked the start of the series more though. The kabane vs humans was fun to watch. Then it turned I to humans vs humans and even thought I liked it I would have liked it more if they stuck to the kabane. I hated biba the entire time though. I really feel like it would have been better without him.
But overall I really enjoyed the series and it was honestly kind of addicting haha.
Would love another season. I must see how they fight the kabane.
8/10 for me.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

Mar 6, 2018 3:02 AM
Although it was a bit rushed, but it ended well, beautifully done!
it's a 7/10

Apr 25, 2018 12:09 AM

Originally started watching this because of steampunk zombies/'AoT clone' and morbid curiosity about how disappointing of an antagonist Biba was because of a review.

Most of it I like, but wow, seemed like they had to rush the last few episodes. Too bad it wasn't more visible when Biba injected Ikoma with the white serum rather than what? Cut to next scene and flash of light? I'd have to screenshot it as proof for myself.

Anyway, I'd like to see more of this series. Just hoping they don't bring Biba back. And the station where the shogun lived was destroyed so hey, excuse to continue the story as the cast hasn't found shelter yet. Looking forward to the second season which seems to have turned out to be a movie.

May 9, 2018 8:17 AM

the first third of the show was a fun generic apocalypse show, up until it got wrecked. it all started with the discrimination against the real mvps, and increases when they brought in bieber. hopefully theyll learn their lesson as others have said the same thing.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

Aug 18, 2018 12:50 AM
I share the same sentiments with most people. With Biba coming around nobody seemed to have a brain anymore and actually think. None of the real main characters interested me either so there wasn't much left for me to like. Except the music, that's still the best thing of this anime.

Also lol, the injection worked a lot faster on Mumei than Ikoma just to amp up the 'tension'.

Nov 11, 2018 9:10 AM

fun action scenes, though the plot felt bad. despite being saved a few times by the MC in the beginning, no one liked him for some strange reason.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396

Jan 16, 9:26 AM
The antagonist performed so many atrocities but still says some Emotional shit at the ends and everyone tries to emphathize with that ...how fucked up is that

Jan 20, 10:33 AM

As most people already said, once Biba appeared this show went downhill really fast. In the end the music and animation/art were the only strong points of this show, which can only bring it that far in my rating. 3/10

Mar 10, 4:23 PM

I think the whole series was a 9/10 for me. Very enjoyable. I do agree with everyone else who thought the ending was rushed which is unfortunate but either way, it was still satisfying to me. I really love the chemistry between the main characters. Great show.

Apr 19, 4:22 AM

Ayame was wonderful this episode. After opening the city's population to slaughter, she helped a few dozen people and help "free their minds and hearts"

Due to helping those dozens of people, she is now fully free from any responsibility for the hundreds of thousands of deaths in the city.

If only there were a few more of Ayame, then humanity would have found eternal peace through the magic of mathematics

Munmei was such a poor thing this episode. Due to being such a poor thing, she is now absolved of her role in smashing up everything this episode and opening the gates to the last fortress. Such a poor thing!

As she strives to make some rice paddies as her dream, i'm not sure there are enough other fortresses left for her dream to come true as fortresses just seem to end up ruins when she visits. No fortresses = no people = have to make some rice paddies in open land.

Ikoma showed how great he was when he actually used his gun and killed off the weakling subordinates. This showed that he was actually aiming for Takumi to die when he did nothing during the train scene despite there being only a bunch of extras in front of him. Why? Because jealousy, as Takumi was so much more handsome than him!

Seeing the Kotestsujyo moving off as Ayame commands, one can only imagine the fate of the next area they visit. As the blessed vehicle of Ayame, Munmei and Ikoma, their destinations only only receive eternal peace and grand excitement of explosions and collapsing cliffs
Modified by Zaku_Fan, Apr 19, 4:38 AM

May 7, 11:11 AM

I just finished to show and my only question is how come the 12 years old main female character grew so much breasts when she's just supposed to hit puberty lol

Jun 4, 2:41 AM

Gator said:
As most people already said, once Biba appeared this show went downhill really fast. In the end the music and animation/art were the only strong points of this show, which can only bring it that far in my rating. 3/10

Quoting an old post which i don't do usually, but pretty much this.

Now, lets see if the movie is better.

Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]