Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion


Jul 1, 2016 4:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 12
valvravetruth said:


Biba has the white serum given in this episode, its just that no one knows how he inject it to Ikoma. Well most likely between the fight somehow.


Isn't it obviously the shot he fired at Ikoma before Mumei stabbed him ?
 
Jul 1, 2016 4:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11322
Shirokan said:
valvravetruth said:


Biba has the white serum given in this episode, its just that no one knows how he inject it to Ikoma. Well most likely between the fight somehow.


Isn't it obviously the shot he fired at Ikoma before Mumei stabbed him ?


Posted even screenshots proving it one page back in this thread
 
Jul 1, 2016 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 604
Wonder what the second season will be like. Hope it's more interesting than this.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 34
Before episode 12 , i rated 8/10 . Obvious a rushed ending since all the rest of the ending story compressed into one episode ( It could have been so much better if they add extra 1 or 2 episodes to extend the fight and the talks you know )
Too much plot holes as well , many things happening at the same time in the last episode . Absolute a 4/10 , i would give 2/10 but im generous enough since the soundtracks and visuals are pretty good . Was expecting something much better from WIT Studio , it can be masterpiece with only 12 episodes . Maybe if Biba character wasnt added , it would have been so much better maybe with a better plot obstacle that prevents mumei and ikoma from achieving their goals and they must try to solve it ? It was totally masterpiece at the first few episodes ( I almost thought that its so much better than SnK ) but eversince Biba character added , it became a shit train wreck lol
How the hell did Kurusu jump to the koutetsujou without any little effort lol ?
The character development also wasnt really great
Its really ENJOYABLE to watch just that i feel there are some kind of mysteries and emptyness to cover up ? Why would Biba even shoot a white blood bullet to Ikoma lol ?
No season 2 plz , maybe they should just use all the funds from Kabaneri and add more interesting extra episodes lol
Modified by immaluckez, Jul 1, 2016 5:10 AM
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 5901
Decent ending... for a movie? Well, firework, final fight and last minute rescue were all provided after all. Did anyone recognize the Gundam (0079) ending? (maybe I am mad)
(It seems Kurusu is even stronger at jumping than Mumei. XD )

4/5


What have I seen?
A beautiful brainless "actionner" set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk Japan. Nothing except the setting to stand out, forgettable but entertaining.
But the most important part is certainly the pretty rendition of the superb designs delivered by Haruhiko Mikimoto, too bad some weird close-up on the faces came along (some of the characters looked like they had two different faces). The music felt sometimes a bit heavy (during the action).
The major error of this thing is to be a 12 episodes series. What is even the point of making so much when they only intended it to be what it is? As a series, it should have treated a lot more of the introduced elements but it didn't, maybe because there was no real story to sustain. In other words, a movie or 3-6 parts OAV would have been perfect (and allowed an even better look, since it was all about appearance).

6/10


Note: when I see this running in the same season as a Macross series... I only want to shout: hire Mikimoto again instead of paying for typical modern anime styles who look weaker than what could be done today with artworks like those who were used back then.
Modified by Rei_III, Jul 1, 2016 5:40 AM
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 68
Overall the show is average. 6/10
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1758
Of course Ikoma stopped the train with magic, smh. Would have been much more entertaining if he stopped it with brute force lmao

But wow, this anime declined
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 31
First episode was 9/10. The rest was 6/10 at best and 5 from that is for the art.

I didn't even watch the last 4 episodes when they came out. I just watched them all at once now, skipping to the good parts, and it was still bad.
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1814
Pretty funny and nice-looking at times, but otherwise not too memorable. It had some fine ideas and devices, though never got even close to doing anything with them.
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 55
Holy shit, this show started beautiful but become a trainwreck. What a waste of budget.

I HOPE THEY NEVER DO THE SECOND SEASON.
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 52
This was better than AoT
8/10
 
Jul 1, 2016 5:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 600
The ending was 'meh' but from how the series has declined it's about as good of one as we could expect.

Ikoma stopping the train was some hardcore BS. Suddenly he has magic powers now and can make trains spontaneously flip into the air. It would have been more believable (and way cooler) if he would have used his super strength to rip up the tracks and make the train derail into the city away from him.

Of course Ikoma got better because why not? No reason to have someone actually have to make a tough sacrifice or to even show Mumei or Kurusu taking the white blood vial from Biba to save him. Nope, it's obviously much better to have him magically recover on his own with MC powers and then retroactively decide that Biba must have given it to him at some point for no reason at all.

It was super nice of Ayame to let the group of remorseless murderers on board just because they asked nicely. But I guess since she's also a remorseless murderer there's just some type of bro code there.

At least everyone gets to live happily ever after stuck on a broken train with little supplies heading to the next town (that may or may not be standing even) after causing thousands of deaths among the already dwindling human population while simultaneously increasing the Kabane population and making it that much harder for other trains to travel/resupply. Wait...
 
Jul 1, 2016 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 132
The fight scenes felt a bit odd. Why did Mumei's colony suddenly just keel over?
what's up nakama
 
Jul 1, 2016 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 5901
What I meant about Gundam:




After a Tweeter check, it seems like several japanese and non-japanese people noticed it too.
 
Jul 1, 2016 6:14 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 12
the first epoisde 9/10
1-7 I give 8.8/10
8-12 I give 7.9/10
so i give the anime 8.3
many people give 1 2 3 4 , but it's just because they hated its development, I need to reconcile, so I give 9
 
Jul 1, 2016 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 197
Phoebe3315 said:
belial said:
It can be summed up as.. You have bad taste. The art was good and the Shingeki-like OST acceptable. But if you didn't notice HUGE flaws in VAs, Character Development and Plot, you probably should dedicate time to another hobby.
You probably just judge things a lot differently than me. This isn't the type of series that needs deep/complex characters, they are likable with distinct personalities and that's enough for the majority of the cast in an action-focused anime like this which has a primary objective of being fun. Like a comedy, except instead of funny, fun/exciting. I can guarantee I looked at the plot much more thoroughly than you did (unless you also watched each episode 3+ times) and I don't consider it to have flaws big enough to really bring down my enjoyment.


This was a character-driven plot with no character development, the example you gave is valid, there are good anime that don't need a plot to be good (Slice of Life anime comes to mind), however it needs characters not to be one dimensional which this anime totally failed to achieve. As for the flaws, there are so many that you stop questioning them. The world isn't even properly set, there seems to be no reason for the trains or why they would be a solution in that post-apocalyptic environment, there's focus on lack of food but apparently their only solution is to feed of cities before they are destroyed. The concept of cities that can be simple overturned because Kabane appear begs the question how the cities are still there if by large they fail to kill kabane even in a defensive setting. There are a lot of tackling that could be done in that world setting which doesn't feel believable. EVEN SO, ignoring all that, there are a lot of anime that do the world setting poorly and still succeed, but this anime failed on the character development so bad that the drama had no effect and no one cared about most of the characters.

You can watch the episodes how many times you want, the big holes in logic are there, you can't avoid them, no matter what little aspects you find that might seem interesting, it doesn't excuse plot convinience and lack of consistency overall.


moncikoma said:
Phoebe3315 said:
You probably just judge things a lot differently than me. This isn't the type of series that needs deep/complex characters, they are likable with distinct personalities and that's enough for the majority of the cast in an action-focused anime like this which has a primary objective of being fun. Like a comedy, except instead of funny, fun/exciting. I can guarantee I looked at the plot much more thoroughly than you did (unless you also watched each episode 3+ times) and I don't consider it to have flaws big enough to really bring down my enjoyment.


i think we are the only fans here hehe
dont worry mate...

it seems fun that we can enjjoy more than most people cant..

it is a GIFT... dont worry about the rating and all critics..

i watched anime since 1995, and still think this anime is one of the best thing that ever happend in my life...

this anime choose its fans... not the other way around..
someone tells me u need to turn off your brain to enjoy this...

to feel rather to think.. the good thing is... i rarely think when i watched action or porn anime..

which is why maybe i can enjoy it so much more ...

but i dont know why i cant enjoy other anime.. with the same method..
which is why i think this anime were meant for me..



I'm glad you think that way. I'm not saying here that people can't enjoy the anime, they can, sure, but it doesn't invalidate the fact that it is shit.

Let me give you a simple example, I enjoyed Big Order a lot this season, but I would never call it good, it's one of the worse anime ever made, but it takes itself so seriously that watching it as a comedy "makes it so bad it's good".

Don't let your enjoyment of the show cloud your reasoning.


Jaslen said:
belial said:


It can be summed up as.. You have bad taste. The art was good and the Shingeki-like OST acceptable. But if you didn't notice HUGE flaws in VAs, Character Development and Plot, you probably should dedicate time to another hobby.


Your remark is in poor taste. Criticise the anime if you must, why attack someone for feeling differently, especially when they responded courteously?

Calling for someone who enjoys something to switch "hobby" is illogical. Your advice is better put to use on yourself since you find this anime shitty. You can't be enjoying it. Hobbies should be fun, no?


If you read it again you will notice my comment isn't an ad hominem. I was objective about the show, the final remark doesn't change that.

It's like listening to music a lot and having shit music taste, everyone has a different opinion about music, sure, but to some point everyone can agree in general that certain ones are objectively bad. Same thing here.

Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you should eat up any kind of anime they throw at you. When you really like anime you criticize it more because you see their flaws and want it to get better.
It kinda annoys me that people choose to turn their brain off for certain animes and then call themselves "the real fans", I find it to be kinda sad.

On a finishing remark though, don't call an anime "good" based on your enjoyment of it.
___________________
www.belial.pt
 
Jul 1, 2016 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 48
Fack, this show make me have the same feeling that i had with Guilty Crown...
Start great and falling apart through the episodes.


7/10, enjoyable.
 
Jul 1, 2016 6:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 736
While I saw so many people foreseeing the death of the MC, I was wondering how they could do it since there was so much more to be told and explained in this world, because I thought from the start that a second season was planned (my bad?)

Nevertheless they could have killed the MC here and bring it back later (as they've already done in the show) but no, here he is saved ... by the bad guy who tried to kill him ... of course :D why did I not see that coming?

So now,
Will Biba come back? Did Mumei missed once again the heart and let believe he was dead?
Will Ayame und Kurusu have plenty of children or will they die? Or Kurusu die while Ayame is pregnant?
Same for the locomotive girl?
Will humans win against Kabane or will kabane and humans live happily together in this world? or Kabane win to save the planet from this cancer that is humanity? :)
Where are the kabane coming from?
Where's the next city? Who is the boss now?
Was this show sponsored by the Rice lobby? Is Mumei their cutest of the cutest mascot? Will she eat a bowl of rice as a happy ending?

Will they try to write something decent for the following season or will they just give up? Will the MC get some glimpses of maturity for a change? Will he become god-like overpowered badass and erase all kabane from the panet just "because"?

So many questions.


and I loved how Mumei was drawn.
Modified by Ysad_Ziwezhan, Jul 1, 2016 7:03 AM
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1369
kamisama751 said:
Yeeeeees, this trainwreck is finally over and there is no sign for a continuation. Thank god.
Anyway, this episode contains unussually many mistakes. Maybe I put some effort since this is the last episode but I don't really know.


Mistakes count through the whole show: 97
Damn, I can't beat cinemasins.
Final score for this mess: 2/10.

Jarjaxle said:

Yeah no Magical powers and thank Kami for that. I would have though this lot worse if it had give any powers to somone.

Thank Ikoma for saying it is science in the first episode. :D


I'd like to count all the ways you are wrong.. but honestly, its not worth it. EVERY one of your "mistakes" here is answered in the show. Either with actual dialogue or visual implication. Did you even watch it? Or are you just troll baiting?


This numbskull aside, this was obviously quite rushed, and the episode just kinda... ended. But still! It was a fantastic show, and honestly what AoT COULD have been. This was way better then that mess of a show.
My only real gripe with it is Mumei's inconsistent character.

9.5/10
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 507
finally kabaneri of the cliche mediocrity is finised. By no means it's a blow 5/10 show, the production quality alone will give it a solid 6.
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 449
Sooooooo many convenient things happening in this last episode... Well at least the ending scenes were gorgeous and ships kind of sailed. This show had a lot of potential at the beginning but it went to waste. Pity so much effort was spent on animation but it couldn't be the epic it wanted to be. ninelie was the best thing to come of Kabaneri.
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1394
thegreatnathyboy said:
Of course Ikoma stopped the train with magic, smh. Would have been much more entertaining if he stopped it with brute force lmao

But wow, this anime declined


It looked like he used the force.

Show is gonna end up as the biggest disappointment of the year.

The Plot shield in this episode was Fairy Tail level... lmao.

 
Jul 1, 2016 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 308
So many mixed reviews
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8
So, at the end there was a road to a place without kabane but they prefered to stay there with the kabane and when everything was destroyed they scaped there because there were no more stations at the kabane side... Yes, nice plot, 6/10
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 21337
Well that was god awful

1/10 Please commit collective suicide Wit Studio
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 21337
kamisama751 said:
Comic_Sans said:
Well that was god awful

1/10 Please commit collective suicide Wit Studio

All we need to do is to show this to ISIS. They will do that for us afterwards. :D
But what if ISIS have shit taste and end up liking this anime?

PLOT TWIST!
Darklight0303 said:
bkmtf said:
One of the worst anime I've ever seen. 1/10.


You haven't seen much anime then
TFW the person you're accusing of not having seen much anime has seen more than twice as much anime as you
Modified by Comic_Sans, Jul 1, 2016 7:39 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch
 
Jul 1, 2016 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3484
Well, this was an appropriate ending. The last few episodes have been trash and so was this conclusion. If it wasn't for the good start and one or 2 outstanding episodes this would undoubtedly be a 3 or 4. As it stands, 5/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 256
belial said:
Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you should eat up any kind of anime they throw at you. When you really like anime you criticize it more because you see their flaws and want it to get better.
It kinda annoys me that people choose to turn their brain off for certain animes and then call themselves "the real fans", I find it to be kinda sad.

On a finishing remark though, don't call an anime "good" based on your enjoyment of it.
Guess what. I'm not a critic, I'm not watching anime to look for flaws and try to objectively decide what's best, I'm watching it to enjoy it and find the shows I find most appealing, therefore I like to rate things based on my enjoyment. If I had more fun with this anime than I've had in a long time by watching a series, of course I can call it good. People don't have to agree. I don't "eat up" any kind of anime, either. This one is just special to me.

I don't really want to continue arguing like this because I don't think either of us will change viewpoints. I have my reasons for thinking things make sense, at least in the context of the world in the anime.
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 31
valvravetruth said:
Jarjaxle said:
Yeah....Quite Surprising ending...and Somewhat BULL....how the Hell he turned back to NORMALl Kabaneri if there was just One Medicine? Unless Hunters gave 1 but quite not believable...WAIT!!! BIBA DID WHAT!? HE CURED IKOMA IN THE END!?

Well Ending was Quite Happy ENding...it was not best but find it agreeable at least. If only Takumi would be here to See it. T.T


Biba has the white serum given in this episode, its just that no one knows how he inject it to Ikoma. Well most likely between the fight somehow.


The green light when Biba shot Ikoma again was when the white serum was given to him.
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5231
FragOutFire said:

yeah whatever no one cares by this point

What do you expect from amazon-rip?
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3816
This show starting very promising but didn't live up to it's potential at all. Could've been so much better.... it was still an enjoyable show overall and not anywhere near as bad as everyone else here on the forums is saying.

Overall a 7/10; kind of a letdown.
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11322
mertsi said:
The fight scenes felt a bit odd. Why did Mumei's colony suddenly just keel over?


Because it didn't completely overwhelm her mind at that point. Remember even Horobi just faceplanted on her target in episode 9
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11322
Noraf46 said:
The ending was 'meh' but from how the series has declined it's about as good of one as we could expect.

Ikoma stopping the train was some hardcore BS. Suddenly he has magic powers now and can make trains spontaneously flip into the air. It would have been more believable (and way cooler) if he would have used his super strength to rip up the tracks and make the train derail into the city away from him.

Of course Ikoma got better because why not? No reason to have someone actually have to make a tough sacrifice or to even show Mumei or Kurusu taking the white blood vial from Biba to save him. Nope, it's obviously much better to have him magically recover on his own with MC powers and then retroactively decide that Biba must have given it to him at some point for no reason at all.

It was super nice of Ayame to let the group of remorseless murderers on board just because they asked nicely. But I guess since she's also a remorseless murderer there's just some type of bro code there.

At least everyone gets to live happily ever after stuck on a broken train with little supplies heading to the next town (that may or may not be standing even) after causing thousands of deaths among the already dwindling human population while simultaneously increasing the Kabane population and making it that much harder for other trains to travel/resupply. Wait...


So you didn't notice the green glow when Biba shot him. The same green glow that showed on Mumei when Ikoma gave her the white blood. Connect the bloody dots for once in your life
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 197
Phoebe3315 said:
belial said:
Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you should eat up any kind of anime they throw at you. When you really like anime you criticize it more because you see their flaws and want it to get better.
It kinda annoys me that people choose to turn their brain off for certain animes and then call themselves "the real fans", I find it to be kinda sad.

On a finishing remark though, don't call an anime "good" based on your enjoyment of it.
Guess what. I'm not a critic, I'm not watching anime to look for flaws and try to objectively decide what's best, I'm watching it to enjoy it and find the shows I find most appealing, therefore I like to rate things based on my enjoyment. If I had more fun with this anime than I've had in a long time by watching a series, of course I can call it good. People don't have to agree. I don't "eat up" any kind of anime, either. This one is just special to me.

I don't really want to continue arguing like this because I don't think either of us will change viewpoints. I have my reasons for thinking things make sense, at least in the context of the world in the anime.


Like I said, an anime being shit doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. You can also rate it however you want, it's not like I was telling you to rate it lower.
___________________
www.belial.pt
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2921
When it started it was a 10/10 for me, but after eps 8 or 7 everything changed :/
I was so mad at Mumei, somehow they managed to ruin this anime with such a great plot.
Finally, in the last episode Mumei killed Biba. But i still don't get why Biba saved Ikoma.
So what's now? I doubt there will be a 2nd season.
At least we saw badass Ikoma xD And btw, i loved that OST!!! so good.
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

 
Jul 1, 2016 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 600
Darklight0303 said:
Noraf46 said:
The ending was 'meh' but from how the series has declined it's about as good of one as we could expect.

Ikoma stopping the train was some hardcore BS. Suddenly he has magic powers now and can make trains spontaneously flip into the air. It would have been more believable (and way cooler) if he would have used his super strength to rip up the tracks and make the train derail into the city away from him.

Of course Ikoma got better because why not? No reason to have someone actually have to make a tough sacrifice or to even show Mumei or Kurusu taking the white blood vial from Biba to save him. Nope, it's obviously much better to have him magically recover on his own with MC powers and then retroactively decide that Biba must have given it to him at some point for no reason at all.

It was super nice of Ayame to let the group of remorseless murderers on board just because they asked nicely. But I guess since she's also a remorseless murderer there's just some type of bro code there.

At least everyone gets to live happily ever after stuck on a broken train with little supplies heading to the next town (that may or may not be standing even) after causing thousands of deaths among the already dwindling human population while simultaneously increasing the Kabane population and making it that much harder for other trains to travel/resupply. Wait...


So you didn't notice the green glow when Biba shot him. The same green glow that showed on Mumei when Ikoma gave her the white blood. Connect the bloody dots for once in your life


Still had no reason to do it, still felt cheap to the viewer, was still a copout to try and have a mega-happy ending.

Still doesn't make any of the rest of the ending shenanigans ok.

This series spent 70% of its budget on having colorful sparks fly off of everything. Sorry I didn't notice the color of one of the sparks in one scene in the last episode of an anime I was waiting to end. FFS I suppose when I watch the newest Abrams' Star Trek movie I should pay attention to the color and intensity of the lens flares in every scene to see if I can pick up on a minor plot detail. The ending is no better served having that minor visual clue than having someone just say it happened.
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3218
And now Ikoma have "psychic" power. Combine with perfectly fit BGM afterward, it soon become the best scene of the episode.
I thought Mumei would be using that rifle to use it against Kabane, but I guess it's wrong since she's still using her leg to kick and do some beating against the Kabane. LOL
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11322
Noraf46 said:
Darklight0303 said:


So you didn't notice the green glow when Biba shot him. The same green glow that showed on Mumei when Ikoma gave her the white blood. Connect the bloody dots for once in your life


Still had no reason to do it, still felt cheap to the viewer, was still a copout to try and have a mega-happy ending.

Still doesn't make any of the rest of the ending shenanigans ok.

This series spent 70% of its budget on having colorful sparks fly off of everything. Sorry I didn't notice the color of one of the sparks in one scene in the last episode of an anime I was waiting to end. FFS I suppose when I watch the newest Abrams' Star Trek movie I should pay attention to the color and intensity of the lens flares in every scene to see if I can pick up on a minor plot detail. The ending is no better served having that minor visual clue than having someone just say it happened.


Biba never hated Ikoma. He wasn't angry with him for showing up in Kongokaku. He was excited even happy in a way. Because he was proving everything he knew wrong.

Curing Ikoma was meant to allow him to fight one last time but then he got angry because Ikoma was not getting up fast enough while he was still standing. Alternatively maybe he wanted to reward Ikoma for emerging the victor instead of letting him take the easy way out and die together with him in the end.

Biba didn't have any plan beyond killing his father and destroying Kongokaku. You see him wonder what to destroy next demonstrating the lack of foresight.

His well paved road ended at Kongokaku.
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
What a finale, good guy Biba also saving Ikoma was a bit surprising tho slightly predictable once he was given the anti medicin. Overall a pretty enjoyable show, yeah it got alot of flaws, but looking past that I still found it quite a good ride, so 6/10.

belial said:
Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you should eat up any kind of anime they throw at you. When you really like anime you criticize it more because you see their flaws and want it to get better.
It kinda annoys me that people choose to turn their brain off for certain animes and then call themselves "the real fans", I find it to be kinda sad.

On a finishing remark though, don't call an anime "good" based on your enjoyment of it.
Being a fan of anime doesn't mean you should also try to analyze and look at all the flaws of a show, regardless of your own enjoyment. I don't see how people who turn of their brain aren't "real fans", if anything, those who loves a show despite it's flaws can be considered as bigger fans than those who try to be "objective".
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 80
kamisama751 said:


Baka-Hiru said:

•Ikoma’s power up affects this nail gun power for some reason. *NO, it still kills only 1 kabane per shot, still weak. Ikoma is so weak he needs drugs to fight like Kurusu

If you compare his nail gun's power from a few episodes ago and now then it is like this:
Before: This nail gun causes nothing to its surrounding.
Now: Gonna make the whole air shake.


A little AOE shake makes little to no difference to the kill count. Still 1 kabane per shot. Kuruso DPS and kill count is better.


kamisama751 said:

Baka-Hiru said:

•Biba is evil for the sake of evil. *No, it's that some viewers just don't get him and only viewd him as a one-dimensional character. I find him cool.

He even said "what should I destroy next".


He was on a sucidal destruction mission in the first place. I speculate that he said those words half-jokingly. Action speaks louder than words. First he ordered his men to retreat while subly implying he won't be joining them. Second, he brought with him a white serum. (Other than curing Mumei, why else would he bring it?), Third, even though he wasn't expecting Ikoma to use them steroids, in the end he still gave the cure to him. Kudos man.


kamisama751 said:

Baka-Hiru said:

•Ikoma stopped the train ‘cause plot armor. *Should be labeled as shounen

Nope, this should be labeled as a kids show.


Shōnen (少年 ?), shonen, or shounen, is a kango word that literally means few years and generally refers to a typical boy from elementary school through high school age. It is used in everyday conversation when referring to the period of youth, including in legal wording referencing youth, without regard to gender. - wikipedia

Shounen IS kids show.


kamisama751 said:

Baka-Hiru said:

•Ikoma survived from Biba due to plot armor once again. *No, Biba dit not really have any intentions of killing him.

The stone falling into the water providing the sound is plot armor.


Remember when Biba told his men this before letting them escape:

"I must go, a dying man is calling me"

This implied that he knew Ikoma was already dying due to the drugs. If he really intended to kill him he could of left him alone.


kamisama751 said:

Baka-Hiru said:

•Ikoma should be near Mumei when Mumei got freed from kabanerization but he is far away for no real reason. *Biba Cured him using his serum.

He is still far away from Mumei for no reason (even though he should be near Mumei after saving her).


That is why most viewers including me speculated that it was not shown but Biba already took care of Ikoma's condition using the white serum. That is why his body is far from Mumei.

kamisama751 said:

Baka-Hiru said:

•Where do they got the flower for Biba? There aren’t any flowers growing in the area where Ikom fighted Biba at all. *He deserved them flowers man, why do you need to complain about it? They got it next door, alright?.

'Cause that is illogical. :D


Dude, they fought in an area with lots of trees, grass, plants and a small lake. Why did you even ask where the flowers come from?
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:48 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 12
biba didn't want to save ikoma, just a coincidence

He said:what are you doing ,ikoma,stand up and fight with me . So he shot Ikoma

It means that he want to make ikoma wake up and get power to fight .

Why he wants to fight?because he's canon is that if you are powerless you'll die. But he was defeated, even became a coward, he stealthly get close to Ikoma and prepare to sneak attck , he was fearing!

he said ,he hated fear, but he finally feared, he wanted change the fact, so injected the blood and want to wash the shame.

It's not difficult to understand if you see again the scens
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1758
Wait, how did that samurai guy jump onto the train? We saw previously it took a long distance Mumei throw to get Ikoma onto the train but the human samurai is suddenly capable of jumping 100 metres on a moving vehicle
 
Jul 1, 2016 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11322
thegreatnathyboy said:
Wait, how did that samurai guy jump onto the train? We saw previously it took a long distance Mumei throw to get Ikoma onto the train but the human samurai is suddenly capable of jumping 100 metres on a moving vehicle


Maybe the tracks got closer at some point. We stopped seeing the cart's perspective after Ikoma got tossed.
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5
Duuuude am I the only one who totally loved the ending? I mean the score last night was 8.something. Now it's 7.79 .
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1758
Darklight0303 said:
thegreatnathyboy said:
Wait, how did that samurai guy jump onto the train? We saw previously it took a long distance Mumei throw to get Ikoma onto the train but the human samurai is suddenly capable of jumping 100 metres on a moving vehicle


Maybe the tracks got closer at some point. We stopped seeing the cart's perspective after Ikoma got tossed.

I highly doubt it.

If you rewatch the jumping scene, there is no track to the left of the train
Also, the train seems to be moving much faster than the cart they were using, so the cart would not be able to move towards the train and catch up.

Of course this is speculation, but the anime shouldn't have left something so simple in question. It would have been easier for it to just show Mumei jumping with samurai guy
-BN- said:
Duuuude am I the only one who totally loved the ending? I mean the score last night was 8.something. Now it's 7.79 .

That's not just people who didn't like the ending rating it lower

I lot of people don't rate until the series is finished, it often happens that once the final episode airs, the score changes drastically
Modified by thegreatnathyboy, Jul 1, 2016 9:13 AM
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 7
Guys I was just wondering, will there be a SEASON 2!?
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:14 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 31
I would've preferred Kurusu to kill Ikoma after he inevitably turned full Kabane when the black serum finished its job, but whatever, I stopped have decent expectations for this show after I realized that all the bullshit WIT studio has thrown at us for the past 13 weeks was just that:bullshit. Rushed finale makes everything even more confusing and convoluted and Biba is still the most horrendously written character of the whole season :'D.

5/10 I came for the plot and stayed for the buff pink haired goddess and music ,thank you Sawano.
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5
thegreatnathyboy said:

That's not just people who didn't like the ending rating it lower

I lot of people don't rate until the series is finished, it often happens that once the final episode airs, the score changes drastically



I do think the ending made people change their mind. All the reviews posted today are about how crappy the anime is, but they ONLY talk about its plot. What about that amazing animation? The best one I've seen this season. Great OST too, new and great voice actors too. At the end of the day I seriously expect a higher rating for mayoiga. Just not fair..
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11322
4m4r03 said:
Guys I was just wondering, will there be a SEASON 2!?


We can only hope. There's potential. Especially given the Kabane supposedly came from Europe according to the description on the main site.
 
Jul 1, 2016 9:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 7
Darklight0303 said:
4m4r03 said:
Guys I was just wondering, will there be a SEASON 2!?


We can only hope. There's potential. Especially given the Kabane supposedly came from Europe according to the description on the main site.
Is the manga carrying on? if it is, then there probably will be a second season
 
Top
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »