Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2010 3:00 AM

Jan 2010
Auclair plant was.... disturbing.
Jul 24, 2010 8:56 PM

May 2009
I can't believe how fast these episodes end, seriously. I'm enjoying them so much that they feel extremely short. This episode centered mostly on Rui, but it was still great. Most of the supporting characters are very interesting and fun to watch after all.

Nodame taking pictures of Chiaki in his sleep was hilarious...

I like how Finale seems to focus more on music compared to Paris Chapter. At least that's what it feels like.
Nov 12, 2010 2:49 PM

May 2010
Yeah, isn't it great how when this series focuses on music, the romance just seems to flow out naturally? When paris-chapter happened, they didn't seem to realize this, and thought they could "focus more on the relationship." That was silly, because the romance is already in the music :)

-Daijinkaze- said:
live action is better, i'm dissapointed.. but we ll see how it lll get down.

Well that's because the live action is freaking amazing! I've only so far seen the first season of the live action, but I recommend it to everyone here!

Mesh said:
Did you notice that, during Nodame's lesson (when Rui is watching) she plays a Scarlatti sonata, but she actually has the sheet of a Chopin nocturne? That was disturbing, they're always so maniacal with such particulars..

I'm amazed at how they could miss such a thing to be honest. How on earth could they talk about "the scarletti sonatta" and then draw "nocturne - Chopin"? Can the communication between the different workers seriously be this bad? If so, I'm amazed they're managing to make this good of an anime!
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 6, 2010 12:01 AM

Jun 2009
Re-W:

Can't stop laughing at the quarrel scene, moonlight background with the piano tuner playing some melodic music haha
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 17, 2011 10:35 AM

Feb 2009
There's a moment in this episode that got me thinking...

When Chiaki calls for a guy to tune his piano before he moves and then Nodame comes into his room and realizes he will move, then they start arguing a bit and then Nodame remembers the dream she had with the full moon and blah blah... have you noticed Chiaki's shirt was perfectly OK when they started talking and then when the tunning guy started playing Chopin's Nocturne No. 2, Chiaki went out of his room blushing insanely with his clothes made a mess and asked the guy to leave?? WTF happened in that room?!??! I so want to know~~
Feb 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
Akemi_Riverdepp said:

When Chiaki calls for a guy to tune his piano before he moves and then Nodame comes into his room and realizes he will move, then they start arguing a bit and then Nodame remembers the dream she had with the full moon and blah blah... have you noticed Chiaki's shirt was perfectly OK when they started talking and then when the tunning guy started playing Chopin's Nocturne No. 2, Chiaki went out of his room blushing insanely with his clothes made a mess and asked the guy to leave?? WTF happened in that room?!??! I so want to know~~

Hee hee, I totally noticed that too, I even replayed to check if his shirt reallly *was* ok before. And it was. I came here expecting the thread to be about nothing else than that! Glad at least one person noticed it too (so I'm not being the only dirty mind here)! Although she could just have been trying to steal his shirt.. *shakes head vigorously*

I still don't like Rui, jealous bitch. She wants Nodame's teacher, Nodame's talent AND her lover, she should just get a life of her own. And stop pushing people away, no wonder she didn't manage to get friends and a lover in Paris like she planned to do. I really hope we'll be done with her after next episode, I don't want more episodes wasted on her. Also, I hope they won't continue to underline Chiaki's superiority in talent over Nodame, I feel they've been stalling Nodame's development for quite a while now (if you count in Paris-hen).

Still a great episode. I love the interaction between Nodame and Auclair-sensei. "Don't call me bébé in front of other people!" "Alright. Now start playing, bébé-chan."
Apr 22, 2011 3:09 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't expect that Rui's room is same like Nodame's room. I wonder why Rui is calling Chiaki instead of other people?Nodame is in danger.

Jun 30, 2011 8:52 PM

Aug 2010
Proselyt said:
HoaRy said:
Auclaire is a very nice guy.
You mean a very strange guy!

Lol he creeps me out too O_O and calling Nodame "Bebe" is even more creepy D:
May 9, 2012 9:52 AM

Feb 2012
Akemi_Riverdepp said:

You've got an eye for details, but i think this takes the cake: at around the 14th min, near the start of the scene where rui sits in nodame's lesson: the score that is flashed on the screen just before she started playing Scarletti's <Sonata K159 Cmaj>, is actually Chopin's <Nocturne Op 9 No 2>.
Jun 24, 2012 9:02 AM

Feb 2010
Didn't like how the episode was centered around Rui.. I could care less about her character really.

The main thing I find really annoying of her is that she already knows Chiaki and Nodame has a relationship going on yet she keeps wedging herself in. I think the series is trying to portray her as an innocent character, dropping hints that shes always interested in Chiaki. But the impression I'm getting from her is that shes putting on some kind of facade, and the way she says that shes looking for friends and a possible love life contrasts the fact that shes been half assing her way "building" relationships around people. Shes so dishonest and unclear of what she really wants that her character as a whole is coming out as a fake.

And I hate fake people.

I really hope the series don't focus too much on her, coz theres not much episodes and I want to see people from Japan again and more progression between NodaxChi.
Oct 24, 2012 1:09 AM

Sep 2011
Nooooo they aren't living together anymore! ;-;
May 6, 2013 3:52 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode
May 18, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
THAT FUCKIN' BITCH, CHIAKI!!!!
When he was bought the new apartment, i was like "Great they can take the next step and move in together.
BUT NO......
It's been 4 FUCKIN' YEARS since they've met, and he isn't willing to make any advancements.
Seriously, it pisses me off, they hardly ever see eachother as it is.
They should just break up.
FUCK, this episode pissed me off.

(And apparently I'm the only one upset by this. I've noticed I tend to focus on different things then most people, and get upset by very specific things most don't get upset at.)
RediceRyanMay 18, 2013 10:08 PM
May 27, 2013 2:24 AM

Feb 2013
Hmm this episode was quite interesting, we'll see what happens next I guess.
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

Jun 20, 2013 12:15 PM

May 2012
Quite nice development going on here, seems they took it more serious this time!
Jun 30, 2013 11:45 PM

May 2010
GHmimi said:
Looks like Rui likes Chiaki :S

looking forward to Nodame concert :)

This..
Sep 8, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2010
Chiaki letted Nodame take pictures of him xD I was also playing on my table the same as Rui when Nodame was playing xD I am rooting for Frank x Rui now.

I like the ballad girls, they invade their territory like bosses! XD The ending song is so so good!
Apr 9, 2014 1:26 PM

Dec 2013
The Scene was nice
Apr 19, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
Rui better not cause trouble for Chiaki and Bebe-chan >__>
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 18, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
Auclaire is a pretty interesting fella, perfect teacher for Nodame. Speaking of Nodame, found it hilarious how she just sneaks into Chiaki's room at night to take pictures of him sleeping xD
Dec 2, 2014 4:07 PM
Apr 9, 2015 11:36 AM

Aug 2014
This episode pretty much the highlight of Rui. There will be whether between Rui and Chiaki?
Dec 14, 2015 5:10 AM
May 2012
Rui was dating that guy, right -.-
Mar 17, 2016 9:13 AM
Aug 2015
alinekax said:
Auclair naked was disturbing.

I liked when the piano tunner starts playing (or rather, when Chiaki says it's ok for him to leave) xDD I think there was something like this in the manga, but hearing the music makes it better xD

Did you notice Chiaki's shirt seemed undone slightly. The button as well as the seams. Interesting no
May 30, 2017 3:30 AM

Feb 2013
Rui, don't make me hate you, stay away from Chiaki!
Aug 4, 2017 4:30 PM

Aug 2015
MayankaG said:
alinekax said:
Auclair naked was disturbing.

I liked when the piano tunner starts playing (or rather, when Chiaki says it's ok for him to leave) xDD I think there was something like this in the manga, but hearing the music makes it better xD

Did you notice Chiaki's shirt seemed undone slightly. The button as well as the seams. Interesting no

Yeah the line about "harvesting at full moon" gave those vibes too. Something may have gone down between the two haha

Anyway I don't like where this is going with Rui. I hope it doesn't lead to some misunderstanding.
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Jun 9, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2010
Chiaki's such a great guy, trying to move away far from his girlfriend as soon as possible lol :x
Aug 7, 2019 6:04 PM
Apr 2016
Rui's life being dictated by her mother, of course she'd speak up eventually.
Oct 4, 2019 4:26 PM

Nov 2016
Nodame is crazy with a her shirt obsession and her taking pictures shouldn't be ignored either. But after all she's Chiaki's angel, so we may forgive her xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2021 12:48 PM

Jan 2021
Looks like Rui likes Chiaki.
Aug 18, 2021 1:53 AM

Aug 2017
Rui still likes Chiaki. Can't wait for Nodame's concert though.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

113 by bucciest »»
Jan 9, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

239 by Euroqean »»
Sep 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 14, 2010

124 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.