Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 21, 2016 3:55 PM
Jan 2016
aww the puffy song!! :3c
Jul 23, 2016 3:44 AM

May 2016
What Kaizaki said to Rena when they were in the nurse room was absolutely right.
Jul 27, 2016 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
I love how this anime is going and how characters are growning bit by bit. I'm in love with Hishiro and her creepy smile~
Jul 30, 2016 1:37 PM

May 2008
That smile switching was the highlight lol!
Jul 30, 2016 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
I like how they cleared this misunderstanding very fast, unlike other anime who keep it around where it grows like a tumor.
Kariu is my best girl.
Jul 31, 2016 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
I think Kariu's cry was bit overdone but it was still good episode. And we also get to know the reason he became a NEET.
Aug 1, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2015
Slow paced, but that talk between Hishiro and Kariu was interesting.

Antisocial person who tries to socialize but it goes wrong... another thing in this anime that reminds me of myself, beside the main character.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Aug 3, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2016
Kairu telling Hishiro to smile for her is so funny. That scene alone made ReLIFE worth watching.
Aug 12, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2016
Kaizaki finally did something good.
Aug 14, 2016 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
He's so nosy. Speaks like a high school teacher...at least he knows it though

Saw what they tried to do but didn't really resonate, granted not bad but still
Aug 15, 2016 2:48 PM
Mar 2016
i'm Glad that those two were finally able to talk and become friends.
Funny episode as always :")
Aug 25, 2016 4:22 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Best part of the episode was the double face palm followed by an UGGGHHHHHH.
Aug 27, 2016 7:57 PM

May 2014
That was quite a 'feelsy' episode. Way to go Hishiro!
Kaizaki's a great guy. 4/5
Sep 2, 2016 10:16 PM

Jan 2016
bruh didn't he make a big fuckin deal about never smoking again couple episodes ago? and now he smokes casually like nothing happened lmao
Sep 7, 2016 7:34 PM

Apr 2013
Too sweet. Fuck. Where's the diabetes tester?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Sep 10, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Arata just went back to smoking again...

Also lol, I found it funny when the stalker guy was found out.

And this is a great character development for the two girls.

I can't believe Chizuru already fall for Arata that fast.

Sep 15, 2016 5:50 AM

Jul 2016
Nice episode. I like how the conflict was solved with talking.
I approved of this episode message.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2016 6:59 AM

Jan 2016
Kaizaki took the adult role with Kariu, and it went deep, from him lifelearning, (man its fun to learn something new every day!! cause you get wiser every day.) poor Kariu took it hard :-:
Hishiro manage finally to become friends with kariu as soon realized realized that Hishiro's bad at smiling. xD best part. awww they are friends now :3
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 26, 2016 11:13 PM

Dec 2012
It's great to see that they're finally friends, pretty hilarious and touching episode all around.
Nov 1, 2016 1:18 AM

Apr 2016
I'm' really wondering how they're gonna erase Arata from their lives after the year is up. Since Arata is the reason the two became friends, wouldn't erasing their memories cause them to not be friends? He's had an influence on so many things already :O
Nov 3, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2008
* Kaizuki and Kariu fell down concrete stairs!! Shouldn't they have been taken to the hospital instead of the Nurse's Office?!
* "... malice-free tone-deaf communicator ..." Ha! That's a good one!!
* Kariu could stand to learn a few things from Hishiro about being straight-forward.
Nov 8, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
OP Song: 4/5

As expected, Hishiro has romantic feeling towards MC.

Yeah, its better to speak rather than not talking to cause misunder. Honesty is also an important factor.

If I were in high school days, I would rather eat alone because I want to focus enjoying eating lunch alone. Talking while eating is not my style.

ED Animation: 3/5
ED Song: 4/5

3.6/5
Dec 2, 2016 7:23 AM

May 2016
I think it was a great episode 5/5 Kaizaki's lecture was good I like it tho he didn't xD being honest helps sometimes I guess
Jan 8, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2012
"Why am I the only one with problems?" this quote sums up Kariu's character pretty well I think. I hated this arc, but they had the decency to keep it short and this episode was really good. Hopefully there will be more like the first two and a half episodes from now on.
Jan 8, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2010
I was hoping that smile joke would remain a joke, but I was extremely worried when the gimmick turned into a dramatic point. I'm glad to see that it resolved itself fairly well, but it's still a bit rocky in my eyes. That aside, the interesting thing about this anime is how aware An and Arata are with regards to the other characters' relationships. In a sense, ReLIFE runs on self-awareness and self-recognition, which makes sense given the plot is about Arata coming to terms with his own life. However, if Welcome to the NHK is to have any bearing on this, the act of recognition is only the first step. The action taking beyond that is what really matters, so I'm curious to see what Arata can do about himself, assuming this anime manages to get far enough for such a thing to happen.
Jan 15, 2017 12:07 PM

May 2013
lol das qqqqqqqq <3 she made her first girl friend ^-^

But awwww, it saddens me to think Hishiro likes Arata ;~; she said she felt a pang when she saw him covering Kariu. He's gonna be gone in a year TT-TT
Feb 6, 2017 2:51 AM

Oct 2012
Don't worry I don't know how to smile too! xD

Awwww that was a sweet episode
I like the facepalms

Thanks! I might need it in the near future, like if someone said something about parenting and creating new life xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 7, 2017 2:20 AM

Dec 2013
Those smiles at the end were nice :)
Feb 8, 2017 6:13 AM

Sep 2011
I've known some people that are hating on Kariu but to me, she's like a definition of a human being. Anyone can relate to her. It's good that the misunderstanding is finally fixed at last.
TennoujiFeb 8, 2017 6:33 AM

Feb 16, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2008
Hopefully the next part is more interesting, I didn't like this short arc.
Feb 19, 2017 7:26 PM
Aug 2014
That was a bit heavy-handed with the incessant use of flashbacks which would then verbatim be used in the next scene. Didn't like that at all.
Feb 20, 2017 1:55 PM
Dec 2016
This anime is just fun :DDD
Love it up until now.
Mar 5, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2016
The Outrosong had some real Beatles vibe.
Mar 6, 2017 2:14 PM

Jun 2016
It was a nice episode, with a good theme.
I like the comparison issue they explored a little in this episode. Like how everyone compares themselves to others and feels inferior, not being able to see what they have instead. Can be relatable to many people.
Jun 8, 2017 2:56 AM

Aug 2009
good wrap-up for the arc

dat ep preview... my body is rdy
Mar 22, 2018 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
Without a doubt this anime transmits me many feelings :'(

Apr 16, 2018 2:28 AM

Dec 2012
Arata lives.
OMG! Ryoko is the nurse. She's in the same show as Miyuki. I need to see them in the same scene talking to each other.
The nurse's name is Inukai. Related to Aki? They got the same hair and eye color.
Dat flashback.
Arata asks Rena the question.
WHOA!
Chizuru appears.
Arata told the truth.
lol I knew Arata was going to hide.
lol at Ryo behind him.
Rena appears.
lol at Chizuru ratting out Arata for ratting out Rena.
Rena hates Chizuru.
LMAO at Chizuru's smile.
LMAO at Rena asking Chizuru to smile-stop-smile-stop.
Dat handshake. Aijou Yuujou.
Dat Rena text.
Dat ending.

Another nice ED song.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 30, 2018 2:08 PM
Jun 2017
VERY GOOD EPISODE
I have nothing to say but wow, this anime provides a story full of reality and characters that you can find in your everyday. It is just amazing to see how the character evolves so rapidly and use this second life to do things as he would have liked to do in real life. Even if the issues of the arc(someone stealing a bag) are not such a though thing, the anime keeps hooking me. This is awesome
May 16, 2018 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
God i can't stand Kariu -.-
May 19, 2018 12:02 PM

May 2018
I started to tear up when Rena was crying in the nurse's office.

"No matter how hard I try, I getting nothing in return. It's all pointless."

I'm weak.

YAY THEY'RE FINALLY FRIENDS!!!

Nov 20, 2018 6:43 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that they're friends now. I'm glad that this arc is over. I didn't like it.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2019 9:07 PM

Feb 2018
Nice hishiro you get Kairu xD.
May 16, 2019 5:33 AM
Dec 2018
Hishiro is so cute
Jun 15, 2019 2:44 PM

Feb 2012
So they reconciled. Chizurufelt something when she saw Arata hold someone in a protective position.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 6, 2019 2:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Hishiro is such a cutie~

Great episode! Loved the direction of this episode in particular with the perfect balance of comedy and and the heavier and deeper scenes. Cool to see Kaizaki using his life experiences to chip in and help resolve this little problematic matter. Lol @ Ryo & Kaizaki's scene in the bushes, easily my lol moment of the episode, and that final scene after the end credits scene was pure gold!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 20, 2019 2:28 AM

Mar 2016
Kaizaki straight up lectured Kairu as the old man he is! It's so funny thinking the scene that way, but on a serious note, I very much respected his decision to give Kairu a piece of his mind. Kaizaki as a person who pretty much failed in life and has tasted the bitter side of reality, his advice to Kairu is priceless and just as Yoake said, will stick with her for the rest of her life. The part when he admits it's sad seeing her do this petty act must've hit Kairu hard. Imagine having someone seemingly of your age and experience being disappointed in what you did. Oof

Voice acting is really amazing for the past 5 eps, but it's especially so for Kairu. Especially for this ep. I can feel just about every frustration, anger, annoyance and desperation Karui felt when she told Kizaki how she felt about all this. Damn, gotta check the VA!

Thanks to Kiazaki's involvement, the dispute between Kairu and Hishiro is settled. It's just one big misunderstanding, I'm glad they both have developed and are starting to become friends now. Thanks a lot, Kaizaki!
Dec 2, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
Bruh this episode was perfect! I'm seriously impressed!

Seeing how Kaizaki's life experience related to Kairu's issue was amazing, especially how it related to female empowerment in the work place. It really solidified the kind of connection between life experiences in High School and the work place.

I also really loved the idea that Kairu won't remember who yelled at her, but she will remember that someone did yell at her and how it changed her. The series hasn't really explained much of how exactly the memories will be erased, and I think that was a weak point until now. That small moment was enough to justify the theme, because it shows the character development that Kaizaki causes will still be reflected after ReLife is over. Plus it relates a lot too, how in real life, we don't exactly remember the specific aspects of something that makes an impression on us, but we do remember how it made us feel and what it taught us.

I really feel like this anime sold perfectly why being a rival in anime is so important, the lack of being acknowledged whilst being bettered by someone who's so close yet so lacking in empathy seems to have some scaring affects. I'm not sure if I've really seen an anime before that had that kind of "aha!" moment where you could really tie the rival trope to a real life justification, or at least a reason that felt completely and wholly logical and sound. Of course, rivals bettering others is obvious and a common theme in anime, but I don't think the lack of a rival has ever hurt so much - thus making the rival trope feel very justified here. (though 3-Gatsu did this well as well, but that was in a different context).

And of course, Hishiro was perfect as always.

observing a woman's body
Jul 11, 2020 1:32 PM

May 2018
All of this, caused by a misunderstanding xD
Aug 17, 2020 8:07 AM

Jun 2020
i like how self-aware kaizaki is i mean he's not a perfect guy/MC but he's really self-aware

hishiro is so sweet in her own ways!! and her chibi was so cute when she was figuring things out lol

i'm glad the girls were finally able to sort out their misunderstanding, that was cute! was also getting tired of that misunderstanding lol good character development but the plot needs to move forward alr....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 29, 2020 3:39 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
show seems decent enough but can I point out that the whole concept of a middle aged man basically zac efronning himself back into highschool is kind of pointless aside from a few flat jokes based on his older age like his shoulder getting rekt when throwing the ball? Like you could take it out entirely and it's still the same highschool drama we always get. Perhaps it's too early to tell and there's more to the story, but that's just what I'm getting so far. Anyhow, carry on, but I'm just not feeling it for this show just yet

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

520 by venbals »»
Apr 21, 6:56 PM

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.