Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 27, 2016 3:34 PM

Oct 2014
Who does Chihaya ayase end up with? I would like to know, i didn't read the manga but i watched the anime and im curious.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
shawnofthedeadzJun 27, 2016 4:29 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2013

Thread moved from Manga Discussion to the Chihayafuru Series Board.
For discussions relating to a specific manga, please use the manga specific series board.
Jun 25, 2017 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
Senior_Tybor said:
Who does Chihaya ayase end up with? I would like to know, i didn't read the manga but i watched the anime and im curious.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

Not yet decided...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2017 8:58 AM
Jul 2016
I feel like it's leaning towards Arata, but at the same time there's possibility for Taichi too. I wouldn't mind seeing Shinobu x Arata though...
Sep 28, 2017 12:51 PM

Nov 2010
I still want to know. I really like Chihaya with Taichi :(
Oct 1, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2014
Sakume said:
I still want to know. I really like Chihaya with Taichi :(

JasperKota said:
I feel like it's leaning towards Arata, but at the same time there's possibility for Taichi too. I wouldn't mind seeing Shinobu x Arata though...

There was an announcement that the middle school years will get a manga as well. Maybe we will get some more hints, who it will be. x3 Look here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1628902#msg52515296
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
Chihaya ends up with karuta because she is totally incapable of having regular human relationships. Sees no problem with it, either.
Apr 6, 2018 5:06 AM
Apr 2018
Arata because for some reason her ending up with Taichi makes me sad and especially after seeing how much people want her with Taichi broke my heart. I'm surprised it brought tears and I've decided not to watch it anymore cause if Its true i dont want to see it and it would also let me believe the girl is dumb. I know if some guy treated me that way growing up and we for some strange reason decided to be friends he friend zoned for life
Apr 6, 2018 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
Cmonmon said:
Arata because for some reason her ending up with Taichi makes me sad and especially after seeing how much people want her with Taichi broke my heart. I'm surprised it brought tears and I've decided not to watch it anymore cause if Its true i dont want to see it and it would also let me believe the girl is dumb. I know if some guy treated me that way growing up and we for some strange reason decided to be friends he friend zoned for life

I hope for Arata x Chihaya as well. :3
Apr 6, 2018 10:40 AM
Apr 2018
Sorry guys but it's Taichi. He has an underdog story, coming up from the bottom, and literally devoting all his time on Karuta just to get Chihaya to notice him. Not to mention he actually spends time with Chihaya, unlike Arata. You may counter with something like "but when Arata said he loved her she felt like she'd melt!" She feels the same way about anyone who was good at Karuta, she said she tried to make Dr. Hanada her valentines every year, except for the years where Taichi was back. Taichi is now good at Karuta and he has a bond with Chihaya that goes further than Karuta. Arata just can't compete. P.S. Arata is probably going to end up with his next-door neighbour that keeps cooking him food.
Apr 6, 2018 4:50 PM
Apr 2018
[quote=SorryItIsTaichi]Sorry guys but it's Taichi. He has an underdog story, coming up from the bottom, and literally devoting all his time on Karuta just to get Chihaya to notice him. Not to mention he actually spends time with Chihaya, unlike Arata. You may counter with something like "but when Arata said he loved her she felt like she'd melt!" She feels the same way about anyone who was good at Karuta, she said she tried to make Dr. Hanada her valentines every year, except for the years where Taichi was back. Taichi is now good at Karuta and he has a bond with Chihaya that goes further than Karuta. Arata just can't compete. P.S. Arata is probably going to end up with his next-door neighbour that keeps cooking him food I know that's why Taichi stuck to the cards also his way of trying to compete with Arata who he's sees as the enemy. The comment about the neighbor cracked me up thanks for that. Good luck to them all. I guess if she choose Taichi she just needs to look of the example of how he treated his ex to know if he got another interest. He dumped her like she was nothing and continued like nothing happened. But you know what her choice is her choice but my feelings are my own and that's why after seeing so many Taichi supporters I wanted to balance the truth. I'll be getting back to my life now and your input did brought me at ease but I'm still not certain about watching I'll probably just read somewhere about the outcome.
Apr 8, 2018 3:57 AM

Oct 2012
I always wanted Taichi to end up with Chihaya, but i'm not so sure anymore. Now that this match has started between Taichi and Arata, I find myself rooting for Taichi so much!

Ofcourse my greediness would want it all for Taichi. Alas I think Suetsugu san will balance things out in the end. She has left herself the privelige to go any route from here.....nothing is 100% clear yet, so lets just wait and see what Sensei decides.

I guess i'll ship Taichi with happiness......for all the others too. I just want a satisfying ending to this manga.
Apr 17, 2018 6:21 AM
Dec 2017
SorryItIsTaichi said:
Sorry guys but it's Taichi. He has an underdog story, coming up from the bottom, and literally devoting all his time on Karuta just to get Chihaya to notice him. Not to mention he actually spends time with Chihaya, unlike Arata. You may counter with something like "but when Arata said he loved her she felt like she'd melt!" She feels the same way about anyone who was good at Karuta, she said she tried to make Dr. Hanada her valentines every year, except for the years where Taichi was back. Taichi is now good at Karuta and he has a bond with Chihaya that goes further than Karuta. Arata just can't compete. P.S. Arata is probably going to end up with his next-door neighbour that keeps cooking him food.
so is there any update? I mean is it actually decided who he will end up with?
I wish for taichi to win, otherwise it would be very dump of Chihaya, i believe she needs a push to understand how taichi is important to her, he must dessapeer for like a week with telling her, and she will totally feel the difference and how she can't live without him, at least that's what i believe. Sorry i haven't read the manga but I watched the anime; can someone tell me who does she end up with at the end???????
Sep 20, 2018 1:42 PM
Sep 2018
SorryItIsTaichi said:

According to latest manga Chapters, Taichi is on his peak. He seems like an unstoppable force. He wants to show Chihaya that Arata isn't a God but a Human and can also commit mistakes. Although this would be his last try as a Karuta player. He will get what he deserves (Title of Meijin) if not Chihaya.

If Chihaya wants to return, she can return back. Or else Taichi is off to His future life. I don't want both of them (Chihaya and Taichi) to live a life of regret.

And Arata has got Shinobu or yuu already.
Singhaayu999Sep 20, 2018 1:53 PM
Sep 20, 2018 2:02 PM
Sep 2018
Cmonmon said:

Did Arata Saw what Chihaya has went through in her high school years? Did he even try to teach her more about Karuta personally meeting or by face to face? Seriously not! This Love is in the air conclusion will not long last. Kana and the others teammates will definitely root for the President rather than an outsider who does not even know about the personal life.

When Taichi confessed to Chihaya,she has changed a lot ever since, even thinking about Taichi while she was always singing the Arata word. So the game is not yet over for Taichi fans.
Jun 16, 2020 8:51 AM
Oct 2009
I felt that too. It's always felt like too much of Chihaya and Arata's relationship and even their feelings for each other have revolved too much around Kurata. Like if you take that out, just how much is left between them (that's not to say that there's nothing). What more, it feels like the two of them, Chihaya especially, are projecting their love for the game onto the other person (again, not saying there's nothing else between them). But with Taichi and Chihaya, it feels like there's something more other than Kurata, and that the game was simply something that added to their relationship rather than something built up and around it.
Jun 20, 2020 2:22 AM

Dec 2016
I hope its Taichi though it is not decided yet :) Anyway it is a good story and you can try it :)
Dec 7, 2020 8:43 PM
Nov 2019
moviefan said:
I felt that too. It's always felt like too much of Chihaya and Arata's relationship and even their feelings for each other have revolved too much around Kurata. Like if you take that out, just how much is left between them (that's not to say that there's nothing). What more, it feels like the two of them, Chihaya especially, are projecting their love for the game onto the other person (again, not saying there's nothing else between them). But with Taichi and Chihaya, it feels like there's something more other than Kurata, and that the game was simply something that added to their relationship rather than something built up and around it.
Love that thought process from you.
Dec 11, 2020 5:41 PM
Apr 2018
moviefan said:

Has Arata been given a chance to spend daily life with her? Going to the same school, same club living in the same area. Seeing her everyday, knowing her properly? He is like hundreds of miles away from her. how is he going to spend time with her outside of karuta and develop his relationship with her? Wait till he comes to live in tokyo and then we can see how he is with her. he deserves a chance to be with her before being written off.
Also speaking of projecting & connecting love through karuta, this entire series revolves around karuta and connecting people & their story to it, so its not a surprise two people get together through that same medium and there have been examples in this series that it can happen, example Kana and Desktomu, Sakurazawa sensei and her husband.
Dec 11, 2020 10:25 PM

Oct 2012
^
Arata and Chihaya could have chatted, have video talks, try and see eachother like we all do nowadays to keep in touch but neither has really tried to take that step closer to get to know eachother better during the story. Arata even came to Shiranami to play with Harada but didn't even call his friends....he actually does comes to Tokyo even if everyone says it's difficult for him.

I don't see why these 2 weren't fervently chatting after the challenger about how to train. Arata and Shinobu trained together. Shinobu is no other than Chihaya's rival on top of it all.... what to think of all this?

I just think Chihaya and Arata aren't close enough to feel comfy calling and seeing eachother outside of karuta. They will come to this conclusion.

Sensei just chose to make it like it is.

He wasn't written off. He has an important part of this story. It just isn't his role.
chiakimagotoDec 11, 2020 10:34 PM
Dec 12, 2020 1:04 AM
May 2017
Flueckli said:
Cmonmon said:

same, taichih has its own spotlight back when arata cameback in his homeland but this time i hope arata will get his own spotlight with chihaya
Dec 13, 2020 6:41 PM
Apr 2018
chiakimagoto said:
^
Arata and Chihaya could have chatted, have video talks, try and see eachother like we all do nowadays to keep in touch but neither has really tried to take that step closer to get to know eachother better during the story. Arata even came to Shiranami to play with Harada but didn't even call his friends....he actually does comes to Tokyo even if everyone says it's difficult for him.

I don't see why these 2 weren't fervently chatting after the challenger about how to train. Arata and Shinobu trained together. Shinobu is no other than Chihaya's rival on top of it all.... what to think of all this?

I just think Chihaya and Arata aren't close enough to feel comfy calling and seeing eachother outside of karuta. They will come to this conclusion.

Sensei just chose to make it like it is.

He wasn't written off. He has an important part of this story. It just isn't his role.

First of all he was in a depression and just started to recover. Secondly he used to have a old version cellphone and the only computer he had access to was from the shop he works, how is he supposed to video call them that too everyday ? He even thought chihaya and taichi were dating and was afraid to give her number in the first place, you think he would video call her? He has his busy daily life schedule, School to karuta society then part time job and then he comes home at night and same goes for chihaya, she has daily stuff too. You cant sit around all day getting to know each other from long distance, that's not how it works, and if you think video calling someone will make you know them better in depth then you are in for a harsh reality check. The fact that they text each other is how friends usually do it in long distance.
He came to train with his limited time, he knows chihaya is focusing on training as well. Didnt taichi also leave for a tournament alone without telling anyone? These are times when you have to do things yourself. Try to understand that.
Arata doesn't come to tokyo on a regular basis or for casual visits to have fun but for important karuta tournaments mainly for which he plans ahead, that's the only thing he can manage to do because karuta is a serious thing which he has to make time out for. That too he usually comes with his society and mentors not alone. His family isn't super rich or something that he can travel around whenever he wants to at his pleasure.
Why would they train together after challenger? this is something of a seperate journey for them, this isnt a team tournament or something. They have to do personal training. Also Shinobi invited herself to train with Arata, Arata didn't call her to train, also we all know why shinobu practiced with arata is because he is the only person whom she has never beaten, so of course he is the best choice to hone your skills as queen and grow. Thats why she even broadcasted it. There's nothing to think here, everything is in plain sight unless you are overthinking for no reason.

That's upto sensei how she will plan out between these two and she has given quite enough brief instances on how comfy they both are even with the time they have with each other even outside of karuta. So yea i will firmly believe in her writing that she will make it into fruition.
He isn't written off, but "some people" already behaving like that, and speaking of his role, we will definitely see it when the time comes.
Dec 13, 2020 6:44 PM
Apr 2018
GoesWild said:
Flueckli said:

same, taichih has its own spotlight back when arata cameback in his homeland but this time i hope arata will get his own spotlight with chihaya

Yep his spotlight has just begun, hopefully we will see him grow more and into a even better lovable character alongside chihaya
Dec 13, 2020 10:45 PM

Oct 2012
#Kipo007
I knew you would find some nice excuses for Arata and Chihaya not calling and texting eachother like everyone does these days on regular even daily basis when they are friends. Chatting via Instagram or snap is something people do to indeed keep in touch a make the distance lesser while waiting to see eachother in person. Once Arata received his little pink iPhone, he was fast forwarded into modern times: they are 16/17, well kids that age have no problems at all using modern technology ;).

You see, more than once Chihaya wants to call Arata at certain moments but she always hesitates: she's just not comfy enough with the guy....and there is Taichi. Btw we get a wonderful sequence on how comfy Arata is with Yuu. He almost looks like a different guy. That little sequence in anime with Fukui accents is very funny. I like the way Yuu knows him so well, and that side of him.

He was rich enough to come to Tokyo and train with Harada sensei without saying anything to Chihaya nor Taichi. Arata and Chihaya have called eachother, it's not like they don't know how to use a phone.

You said it: for Arata and Chihaya it isn't a team journey. Arata always has desired to go back to that moment he played in a team for the first time and had so much fun. They will probably surely try to go there, but some things are only earned with effort and time (normally).

Anyway time will tell how Sensei sees her story. Arata certainly will have a big part of the story near the end, like Taich and most of all Chihaya.
chiakimagotoDec 14, 2020 12:36 AM
Dec 14, 2020 12:51 AM

Feb 2011
Every character/person has their own ways to stay connected to someone dear to them, some people are okay just using devices but not everyone is the same: I believe based on what Sensei had shown us both Chihaya and Arata would want to meet more "in person" than having a device for them to see and/or text each other all the time: which isn't the same to communicate and share their emotions by having eye contact in real-time which builds more meaning ( especially coming from someone very special in their lives): that's why Arata stated when he confessed that he has plans to move Tokyo so he can finally be near her: if Chihaya answers "yes: let's play Karuta together" it will be the start of their love relationship: romance isn't meant to be rushed, patience is the key of building trust and a healthy relationship.
sweetangieDec 14, 2020 2:39 AM
Dec 14, 2020 12:57 AM

May 2020
Probably Taichi, but both are fine:)
Dec 14, 2020 7:07 AM
Apr 2018
chiakimagoto said:
#Kipo007
I knew you would find some nice excuses for Arata and Chihaya not calling and texting eachother like everyone does these days on regular even daily basis when they are friends. Chatting via Instagram or snap is something people do to indeed keep in touch a make the distance lesser while waiting to see eachother in person. Once Arata received his little pink iPhone, he was fast forwarded into modern times: they are 16/17, well kids that age have no problems at all using modern technology ;).

You see, more than once Chihaya wants to call Arata at certain moments but she always hesitates: she's just not comfy enough with the guy....and there is Taichi. Btw we get a wonderful sequence on how comfy Arata is with Yuu. He almost looks like a different guy. That little sequence in anime with Fukui accents is very funny. I like the way Yuu knows him so well, and that side of him.

He was rich enough to come to Tokyo and train with Harada sensei without saying anything to Chihaya nor Taichi. Arata and Chihaya have called eachother, it's not like they don't know how to use a phone.

You said it: for Arata and Chihaya it isn't a team journey. Arata always has desired to go back to that moment he played in a team for the first time and had so much fun. They will probably surely try to go there, but some things are only earned with effort and time (normally).

Anyway time will tell how Sensei sees her story. Arata certainly will have a big part of the story near the end, like Taich and most of all Chihaya.

Tbh i also knew you would find nice tiny excuses to find faults in him for no reason. so kindly lets not go there. So to speak even to check his mails arata had to use the shop computer once in a while one of the reasons why he missed so many of chihaya's mails and wasn't able to reply to her, which you clearly missed out. Also Arata wasn't that tech savy or upto date with trends at the time given his background and nature, because the medium he used to communicate with chihaya was through text messages or calls (or picture message), so forget instagram and Snapchat, i doubt arata even knew what those are or how to use them. i dont even recall any of the main cast using those tbh. Sure after the story progresses arata does adapt to new technology but that's another story. As i said just texting and calling is not enough for two distanced people in comparison to people who go are close by irl and meet each other daily. There's a huge difference.

Really? i dont know what you have been watching but that'sclearly not the case. She hesitates because she is not comfy with him? lol i don't think so, especially the comfort and effect his words & presence he has on her, how can you even say that totally makes me surprised. If she hesitated she wouldnt call him when she has doubts on herself, on special occasions and most importantly even after the confession when she called him and both had that blushed look on their faces and those tiny special moments they have here and there. Oh believe me she is more than comfy with the boy.
Ofc Yuu has a special bonding level with Arata, She knows his family well, had a good relationship with aratas grandpa, they both are childhood friends who spend years of time with each other so ofc they have that great deal of depth in their relationship and understanding of each other. I dont know where you are going with this simple fact and on top of that you are just proving my point that, you need to spend time irl to to have more of a depth comprehension of each other and emotional connection which can only be achieved through this way.

Again he made a one time trip that too as i said for a very important matter which is meijin training which is his life long dream, so if he funded his trip for once for such a major cause of his life, he automatically becomes rich ? Hello? If you had to travel somewhere far for your entrance examination or something similar and you allocate funds for it even if you are from a normal middle class, you automatically become rich to travel anywhere as you like for casual visits? I hope you understand the concept because you are really not making sense. Also Chihaya is hard focused on her solo training, Taichi with his studies or something, Arata himself training too, what is he going to achieve by calling them and telling them he is here? All three are busy with really important stuff at the moment, whats the point of disturbing then and they are gonna meet at the main tournament venue anyways, so what are you exactly calling him out for? i really don't get it.

Yea somethings are earned with effort and time and its never too late to start doing that, provided given a proper chance. As i said i believe sense to do the needful and do justice with the trio, which we will see
Dec 14, 2020 7:14 AM
Apr 2018
sweetangie said:
Every character/person has their own ways to stay connected to someone dear to them, some people are okay just using devices but not everyone is the same: I believe based on what Sensei had shown us both Chihaya and Arata would want to meet more "in person" than having a device for them to see and/or text each other all the time: which isn't the same to communicate and share their emotions by having eye contact in real-time which builds more meaning ( especially coming from someone very special in their lives): that's why Arata stated when he confessed that he has plans to move Tokyo so he can finally be near her: if Chihaya answers "yes: let's play Karuta together" it will be the start of their love relationship: romance isn't meant to be rushed, patience is the key of building trust and a healthy relationship.

Exactly thank you. A real life face to face conversation and experience is much required in a relationship. That's the reason he didn't rush or push chihaya for an answer & is ready to wait for her as long as it takes. He wants the slow but necessary development needed with proper understanding between them when he is actually closer to her, for a better & clear future.
Dec 14, 2020 10:53 AM

Oct 2012
@Kipo007, I have no idea why you are judging my RL experiences and getting personal...

I read your post but I guess we have nothing to say to eachother anymore.

Ps: Shinobu has Yt and Chihaya and Chitose have Instagram. I guess that slipped your mind.
chiakimagotoDec 14, 2020 10:59 AM
Dec 14, 2020 11:50 AM
Apr 2018
chiakimagoto said:
@Kipo007, I have no idea why you are judging my RL experiences and getting personal...

I read your post but I guess we have nothing to say to eachother anymore.

Ps: Shinobu has Yt and Chihaya and Chitose have Instagram. I guess that slipped your mind.

I dont know why would you think that , when i have not criticized or called out your personal experiences. I am just stating the general fact on real life experiences and bonding & relationships work between distanced people which takes much more than just technology communications. Simple stuff which can be understood and you are pointing out things like a one visit for a important matter makes a person "rich" in the context of travelling for their personal pleasure/luxury which is clearly not the case nor does it makes sense. That's all what i stated nothing personal. If you feel like that then i apologize if it appeared to you that way but i really did not.

Also Shinobu got her YT channel later in the series when she started promoting her queen videos and Chitose is older & a model/actress so it makes much more sense she would be on instagram. When i say main cast i am mostly talking about the trio, mizusawa (dont remember if sumire uses), i didn't see much of video calling or social app usage to communicate tbh especially with the trio.

Yep we clearly dont have anything more to discuss.
Dec 31, 2020 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
We're getting closer to Chihaya x Arata. I love it here.
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.
Mar 22, 2021 10:32 PM

Mar 2021
I start to say that for me, Arata will win the Meijin title, unlike Chihaya for the Queen title. Because for Arata the karuta is the goal of his life, and i think it's written in stone that he'll honored his grandfather memory. For Chihaya instead the karuta entered in her life later. It is her greater passion too, and she trained for it a lot for years. The Chihaya - Karuta marriage is the core of this manga, it is the vehicle that drive her to a personal grown. Thanks to karuta she'll knows a lot of friends, and challenges a lot of obstacles. So, this is enough for me for a good slice of life story. Like some " it's the journey that counts, not the destination". Like in Slam Dunk, where the Shohoku arrives only at the third game of the national championship, but the path that lead them untill here is the core of Slam Dunk. And so i think of Chihaya's path about karuta. Or, is the ending that i'd like. Because Shinobu, like Arata , grown with Karuta, suffered with karuta from when she was a little child. And i think that an ending where she remains the best it's the more appropriate. Anyway, coming back into the beginning, if Arata wins the title, i find that takin' also the girl, leaving the poor Taichi only with dust in his hands it's too much for him. Ok, it seems that Suetsugu wrote this character as a picture of a personal grown trough pain, drammatic efforts, inevitable things and acceptance. But....does the author really will treats the poor Taichi like this ? I hope for him NO !!!
But here is my vison of the picture: SPOILER UNTILL CHAPTER 233

ARATA
From a logical view, judging what we have seen from here, he is the "winner". The feelings about each other are clear from the start, though when they were child, maybe they didn't think too much about love. But during the real timeline of the manga, Chihaya clearly think of him, and Arata (maybe more than her) too. Because the feelings of Chihaya are strange. They are always mixed with karuta. From when they were childs, to when she goes with Taichi to Fukui to see him after he left Tokyo. From the "i will always love karuta, and Arata" in the hospital, to the confession of him, and her answer in front of the Omi Jingu temple. But maybe the karuta is the catalyst of their feelings, the way they express them, because both of them are not to shod in romantic things(especcialy Arata, that is always been really shy, but she too). SO, maybe in the end, trough karuta, they will be able to reach each others heart. This is the most discounted ending, but a little trivial in my opinion.

TAICHI

Personally, it's my favourite choice. For several reasons. In the first place, reading this manga, i found that this love story (or should i say "one sided love story"....poor man) it's the most beatifull, well written, and intriguing thing in this opera. And, if we think about it, it is the more predominat of the triangle story. We live the Taichi-Chihaya perspective too much more than the Arata- Chihaya's one. Trough Taichi we suffer, we struggle, and, i think a great number of us, we support him, and until the end, we hope that that karuta maniac realize how he is precious to her. It's true that Arata and Chihaya are distance most of the time, but it's true that this is a precise choice of the author, almost as she want that we are focused more about the development of this relation(Taichi - Chihaya), than Arata- Chihaya. In all the love manga that i read, this tipe of direction was the index that the two ot them in the end get toghether. And there are some particular that are "suspicious" to me. First but not last, the confession of Taichi. Tooooo much deep and emotional than the Arata confession. She loves her from her nails always short, to all the stupid face and laugh she does, not some " we can play together in Tokyo" .This type of confession maybe will had a relevant reaction on her in the future. In second place, Oe and Sumire that have some suspicious that maybe she cares about him more than she realize. If not, i ask to my self why Suetsugu put in front of our attention this particular,not one, but two times (the bitter tears scene with Oe). If it is all for nothing...man....the author is really cruel and sadistic. Three, Chihaya demonstrate several times that she cares a lot about him. From when she choose to see his match where he became an A player instead Arata - Shinobu's match, to when she want desperately that he smiles, after the first defeat with Arata(when she makes chocolate). Four, it's seemed to me that in all the cases that Chihaya had to choose to cheer Arata, or someone who shared real and happy moments with her(unlike a distance relation with Arata), she choose the seconds. I think of Sensei Arada, and Taichi(the Taichi - Arata's challenge). Almost as deeply, maybe she keep in her heart the moments shared with them(and so, with Taichi too) more than this love about Arata. Maybe this love, when all the curtain falls, was only a great admiration as a karuta player, and as a childhood acquaintance that disappeared for some years(i hope so). And the last thing, the confession again. Ok, she reject him, and this was a knife straight to the heart moment. Even if at the beginning she seems a little jealous when she knew that Taichi has a girlfriend, it's a short and not so rivelant moment. He remain her best friend. He's been always at her side, and when it comes to this, most of the time it's normal that you didn't think that under the veil there is a love affection. And when he confess to her, she has, in one way or another, Arata in her mind. So it's more that normal that all the things she can say is..."sorry". But after that, she reacts very bad when he leaves. Ok, at firsts the sense of guilt it's predominant. The fact the he leaves karuta shocked her. But after this moment, from what i see, except her answer to Arata(And if Nishida and Komano doesn't declare to Oe, maybe she even forgot about Arata confession), it's seemed to me that she was more worried about Taichi, and thinkin, of him, in one way or another. Ok, she seemed a little jealous when she see Arata and Shinobu together, but at that time, it's seemed to me a sense of loneliness more general. She was alone during the Christmas festivity, and just before a challenge with Shinobu that scares her a lot. It's also true that after he confess to her, Taichi begin to set a distance between her, and maybe this distance is destined to grow untill the end, especcially after he talked with Chitose on the train. I can immagine that he begins in the end to understand how he must leave all his past behind, and go on in his life, without her. And in the end, he begin also to support Arata(ok in karuta not in love). But i don't know...it's not impossible to me to think that after Chihaya fell in her skin what means for her to loose Taichi, maybe she'll understand how she in important to her.The scene when Taichi confess to Oe that the feeling may begin to disappear gives me some hope, and some resignation at the same time. Because if the fact that he really begin to forget her maybe it's true,we can assume that maybe he is serious in putting a stone on all of it(mmmm....even if i'm not so convinced). But her reaction when she probably heard him it's...strange. I can immagine a scene after the queen title where she'll tell to him that she heard him that nights, and ask him if it's true, but i'm immaging things. But if we think about it, we don't know exactly why she refuse him, and what she really thinks about him as a man. Ok, often in love there aren't reasons to explain, but i'll find strange if they'll not touch this argument anymore, considering the strong relationship between each other.

In conclusion, i think it's clear that i wish for Taichi. Not because Arata is a bad character. On the contrary, he is a good man, and his efforts to grown for himself(and for Chihaya) is sweet, and i think that he really likes Chihaya(i think the scene where he want to hug her,and he "train" with his parents).And just because of this, it's hard for me to think that Chihaya will break his hearts. But it's Taichi that showed a love for her on a completely different level.She is in love with her from always,she is the pin where turn all his actions, unlike Arata.Ok, this isn't always a positive thing, because it denote a dangerous and obsessive way of behaving. But all the things he did, was always to cheer her, and make her smile. And after such demonstration, thinkin' that in the end he will remain only with a "personal maturarion" leaves to me too much bitterness. Escpeccialy if i think at the scene when he organized a mini birthday party for her with the team of the Mizusawa, near the river.I like to think that in the end, thanks to Arata, Chihaya has found the love for karuta, that makes her grown even as a person. And thanks to Taichi, she'll in the end realize that in life(yes, even in the real life), havin' a person that loves you so much, it's the more important thing, becuase i think that after this match, she will quit Karuta and go on on her "normal" life. So....come on Taichi. Let's get the girl. We will wait until....2030 ahahahah.
Lohr89Mar 25, 2021 6:53 PM
Mar 24, 2021 2:04 PM
Dec 2018
I'm a Taichi supporter and I think it has been tough to watch him losing all the time, particularly as she is so naive and she has been, basically, taking him for granted. But let's not portray him as some kind of underdog, in Karuta, for sure, in everything else he is doing just fine. Good grades, his family is well off, all the girls love him. He does well at almost everything he tries. He's not some victim who has nothing at the end of the story. He's always been there for Chihaya but that isn't always enough to win someone's heart.

Arata, on the other hand, is fanatical about Karuta and, in some ways, probably more like Chihaya and maybe they are well suited to get to know each other better and look at things, other than Karuta, together. I don't particularly like his character as much and I do wonder if she has an ideal version of him in her head which is not the real thing. That said, my money would still be on him to be the winner and the fact that I would choose the other guy is of no consequence. I can understand why she would choose either of them.

As she is so immature and naive, it could be that she is unable to choose either of them. She certainly has a fair amount of growing up to do.
Mar 24, 2021 6:28 PM

Mar 2021
I too think that in the end, if there will be a" winner", with a 70% of chance it will be Arata. But i get also the feeling that after Taichi's confession, something has changed. In an intimate way, romantic or not,it seems that Chihaya is more near to Taichi. I continue to think that most of the thoughts that Chihaya has on Arata are strongly connected to Karuta. She wants to attend the goal that share with him to be the best in the world, and maybe continue to has an inferiority complex, because he is a champion in this sport, and maybe this influences her feelings. But maybe, as i said(and from what i understand, you too), the karuta is their bond that in the end will be something more. The fact that between them, maybe Arata is more "not-only-karuta" on her, makes me think that he will be very serious untill the end. And it's hard for me to think that after she has rejected Taichi, she will reject Arata too for going with Taichi. Unless Yuu finally declare to Arata, and maybe shakes him a little(it seems obvious that she has feelings for him).On the other hand, i almost think that untill here, Taichi grown a lot, and the scene that he ask to Oe to fit Arata's kimono, while he was losing by 18 cards, express a real maturation in his characters. But if the show for him ends like this, sorry but all the things i can think is "he has tryed his best, but he lost in all the things he putted enormous efforts from all the story, except that an individual grown". Ok, in real life this is a great lesson for everyone, but in fiction i find this too much hard, especcialy in a manga with not so gloomy and iper realistic tones. I found extremely right that he lost againts Arata, because Arata is the embodyment of the karuta in this story, and it'll be unrealistic and almost ridicolous that he'll lose againts someone that played karuta only for help trainin' Chihaya, for attract her attention, and in the final phases, to demonstrate to himself that if he do hard, he can become really good, but right before the final act, he was ready to forfait(great Sensei Arada that stopped him). But if it's true that be always by someone side isn't always enough to win that someone's heart, i think it's true also because sometimes you take it from granted. But when this person is not granted anymore, and you realize that this person always loved you, you begin to see all the things in a different way. And you have two paths. Realize that in the end, you don't want to live a life without him(and at the same time, realize that you love him too), or let him be for his own good.Unless Taichi in the end suppress his feeling for continue to staying near her, but it didn't seems the case to me untill here(but it is a possible ending, a little infantile and rhetorical in my opinion, especcialy after we saw how much he loved her).And i'm not sure that even Chihaya is ready to let him go. In this situation, i found really enigmatic the scene where she heard the conversation between Taichi and Kana(damn Suetsugu...she will be sneaky untill the very end).And, i repeat, it's strange that Suetsugu want that more than once time, different characters think that maybe Chihaya cares of him more than all we think. I can understand before Taichi's rejection, but even after(or i am wrong, or Oe in chapter 207 think it)... If you ask to me, a satisfying love-ending of this story should be Taichi-Chihaya, because it is winding, full of emotions, and especcialy, more well written. And i repeat, this is a precise choice of the author, not a casual thing. Ok, this is not a sentimental manga in the first place,and ok, maybe in the end Taichi will be only a picture of personal grown. but the romance story between them is too much inserted. And, except Maison Ikkoku(ok, that is the masterpiece), i've never liked the love stories where from the start you know who will get who.The most annoying thing is that based on the chapters pubblication, we will know something in about some years ahahahah.
Lohr89Mar 25, 2021 12:29 PM
May 5, 2021 7:27 PM
Oct 2014
If it just flat out ends with "destined boy becomes master eternal and gets the girl for free" then I hope the author never writes anything involving romance again because that's such a cheap and amateurish way to end this... the readers don't deserve that after a long and emotional investment into a story.

If the author wanted Arata ending then they should have made Arata a far more frequent cast member far sooner. Nothing against that. Make him transfer to the same school during 2nd year or something.

The relationship between Taichi and Chihaya is in my opinion the -only- relationship that's fleshed out, because Arata simply wasn't there, everything was based around reporting match results and taunts before or after a match. Even after giving it a thought, her reply to Arata's "love you" was still "let's play Karuta" which most people would take as friendzone. Actually, given that Taichi dropped the confession on immature and confused Chihaya rather suddenly (in her eyes) what he got was much less of a refusal than what Arata got. And now it seems she finally matured a bit and thinks about Taichi a lot. Thinks about Taichi a lot now knowing he loves her. Again if those are not supposed to be hints then the author just doesn't know what are they doing when it comes to romance.

Arata should end up with Yuu the neighbor girl of his who clearly loves him and has been taking care of him for years - especially if she confesses. I think it's fully in his character to have a "practical" relationship rather than romantic one. Also with a girl that doesn't mind playing the supportive role all her life which Yuu seemingly fits.

tl;dr - "outsider becomes master of Karuta" is OK but "I've always loved you since I last saw you when I was 6 and I don't actually know anything about you at all" is bad writing, please don't

That's my take.
ElDoRado1239May 6, 2021 7:48 AM
May 6, 2021 3:49 AM

Oct 2012
@ElDoRado1239

Yes so right, I totally agree. It seems pretty clear, especially after 234 where Chihaya's feelings have been since some time now....it has been slowly fermenting and now she'll soon put a word on her feelings: in a way she did in chapter 234: he was always here. Nothing complicated about understanding this.

Ofcourse Arata has his own role in this and realisations to make. I feel Suou is seeing through him pretty well... something that always was in the air with Arata from the start. He might have to take head on his own feelings about why he gets triggered, who he wants to be etc.

We all know chiha will be in the next match. I think not paying attention to the deep meaning, the feelings of the poet while reading this manga is missing out because Sensei so deeply loves the poems and knows how to emotionally use them at such wonderful strategic moments, so you 100% connect with the words and feelings of the poet..... that's what a poem is written for in the first place. A beautiful poem brings tears to your eyes because it has deeply been understood. Chihaya has almost reached both: Chihayaburu and the deep understanding of her own poem, the title of this manga.

I'm waiting for the emotional climax cause Sensei sure has been sending waves of beautiful poetic connections in this final.😭
chiakimagotoMay 6, 2021 4:07 AM
May 6, 2021 8:36 AM
Apr 2018
ElDoRado1239 said:
If it just flat out ends with "destined boy becomes master eternal and gets the girl for free" then I hope the author never writes anything involving romance again because that's such a cheap and amateurish way to end this... the readers don't deserve that after a long and emotional investment into a story.

If the author wanted Arata ending then they should have made Arata a far more frequent cast member far sooner. Nothing against that. Make him transfer to the same school during 2nd year or something.

The relationship between Taichi and Chihaya is in my opinion the -only- relationship that's fleshed out, because Arata simply wasn't there, everything was based around reporting match results and taunts before or after a match. Even after giving it a thought, her reply to Arata's "love you" was still "let's play Karuta" which most people would take as friendzone. Actually, given that Taichi dropped the confession on immature and confused Chihaya rather suddenly (in her eyes) what he got was much less of a refusal than what Arata got. And now it seems she finally matured a bit and thinks about Taichi a lot. Thinks about Taichi a lot now knowing he loves her. Again if those are not supposed to be hints then the author just doesn't know what are they doing when it comes to romance.

Arata should end up with Yuu the neighbor girl of his who clearly loves him and has been taking care of him for years - especially if she confesses. I think it's fully in his character to have a "practical" relationship rather than romantic one. Also with a girl that doesn't mind playing the supportive role all her life which Yuu seemingly fits.

tl;dr - "outsider becomes master of Karuta" is OK but "I've always loved you since I last saw you when I was 6 and I don't actually know anything about you at all" is bad writing, please don't

That's my take.

"Destined boy becomes master and gets the girl for free". I am sorry what are you trying to imply exactly? chihaya is a trophy or goal you have to earn or win?
Love is not exactly a race whoever gets to be close to the girl and bond with her first wins it, especially when the other participant hasn't been given a chance at all.

As much as i agree Arata should have been given more screen time especially with chihaya for more investment of the readers, doesn't mean the author cant create a decent
satisfying Arata ending. How do you exactly expect him to transfer all of a sudden to the 2nd year, you realize why he left tokyo in the first place? or what his condition was during 2nd year trying to slowly come back into karuta and recovering from his dark phase? also his financial condition. How is transferring to the same school at that point of time possible and
to make such a sudden illogical change to the plot is what i would call amateur writing.Even though they have apart their connection is still strong lets not forget that.

"Lets play karuta" has been interpreted to have a deeper meaning for people involved in the karuta world rather than just the surface value or what normal people calling it "Friendzone". And she didnt say lets play karuta, but her current
goal is to be the best and i didnt see any hint of refusal but rather mutual understanding and patience from the two and speaking of hints there are plenty of hints towards arata as well. the longing she has to walk beside him, her jealous and flustered side when she see's Arata and shinobu together and others which i can mention.
So yea Arata's story and part is far from over especially in connection to chihaya. He was never a outsider in the first place since even with the limited time he creates impact in the story and affects both Chihaya and Taichi personally.
Sure Yuu is a great deserving girl as well since she has been there with since childhood and knows his ups and downs, she will make a great partner for him too. Doesn't mean you just hand over arata to her without taking his feelings into consideration, also i see yuu and arata more as siblings who grew with each other to be honest.
Also speaking of falling love with her childhood side and knowing nothing about her (which is not true entirely), he was atleast but importantly honest with his feelings because he cant say he loves her for who she is now because he doesnt know the current chihaya (he never had a chance to like taichi did),
and two people cant start a relationship and grow together knowing each other more as time passes? Why do you think author has inserted the scenario of Arata coming to tokyo and in latest chapters depicting scenes where both of them learning about each other in depth. Lets not forget again Both Arata and Chihaya are both innocent and novices in terms of romance and relationship so them taking time is quite sensible. So calling that bad writing? i hardly doubt it in my opinion.

Anyways that was my take. Good day.

May 6, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2019
dr_Guts_dds said:
To all people around the world reading and watching Chihayafuru and are in the TaichixChihaya team, I'm asking you is there any way that we, people who love Taichi, can tell Suetsugu sensei our opinions and maybe if we can affect the ending and preventing Arata wins everything ??😁😂😂😂😂
A petition or sth 😁
yes please please, i need something like that to survive

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

May 6, 2021 8:53 AM
May 2021
dr_Guts_dds said:
To all people around the world reading and watching Chihayafuru and are in the TaichixChihaya team, I'm asking you is there any way that we, people who love Taichi, can tell Suetsugu sensei our opinions and maybe if we can affect the ending and preventing Arata wins everything ??😁😂😂😂😂
A petition or sth 😁

As harassing the author online and upsetting her wasn't enough now asking for these kind of petty and toxic petitions just for putting down another character you don't like. Thankfully majority of the Chihayafuru fandom are sensible not to do this kind of stupidity.
May 6, 2021 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
I'm a big Taichihaya fan but I think Sensei should write her story without fans harassing her. She needs to write this story from the heart, so trust her: she'll do it just fine.

It's the most annoying thing a fan could do: go and complain and beg.... it's her story so we should respect her own creativity.

It would be weird if she wrote the story as we like just because we asked, it would be boring and worthless.

So let's just support her by buying her manga, Chihayafuru fund merch, and showing our appreciation

Indeed this manga makes us stand on our toes for so long, it's painfully beautiful. I'm sure Sensei will give us something glorious for being so patient.
May 6, 2021 11:21 AM
Oct 2014
@Kipo0007
That is why I've used the quotation marks. I know how disrespectful and chauvinistic it sounds when taken literally.

When you write a story with a love triangle and focus almost exclusively on the one pair you have already decided to destroy later on, you will make all the readers who naturally invest their emotions into that pairing feel horrible, crushed, confused, angry and depressed in a way much worse than a love triangle that is never really tipped to one side or another and always keeps the tension.

There are no excuses for not making Arata a part of the main cast if he's about to "win everything". You can invent about as many reasons why is it "unreal" as you can invent ways to do it.

Has Taichi been created by the author as someone who will do their best, work as hard as possible, support everyone, carry everything all the while fulfilling extreme demands of his strict mother and stays number one at school and prepares for entrance exams... only to crash and burn while everyone else is gradually progressing and the guy who we hardly know is going to have it all?

---

"I have been in love with Chihaya my entire life but I've realised you are the best Arata so I immediately stopped. You proposed to her after you both got the titles? Wow! Can I be the best man of you both? Us three should play Karuta again. I mean, I'll just watch because it's a two player game of course. But gee I'm so happy right now! What? Of course I will clean the floor with my tongue...!"

Dude's gonna kill himself at this rate. Not even kidding.
May 6, 2021 12:09 PM
Apr 2018
ElDoRado1239 said:
@Kipo0007
That is why I've used the quotation marks. I know how disrespectful and chauvinistic it sounds when taken literally.

When you write a story with a love triangle and focus almost exclusively on the one pair you have already decided to destroy later on, you will make all the readers who naturally invest their emotions into that pairing feel horrible, crushed, confused, angry and depressed in a way much worse than a love triangle that is never really tipped to one side or another and always keeps the tension.

There are no excuses for not making Arata a part of the main cast if he's about to "win everything". You can invent about as many reasons why is it "unreal" as you can invent ways to do it.

Has Taichi been created by the author as someone who will do their best, work as hard as possible, support everyone, carry everything all the while fulfilling extreme demands of his strict mother and stays number one at school and prepares for entrance exams... only to crash and burn while everyone else is gradually progressing and the guy who we hardly know is going to have it all?

---

"I have been in love with Chihaya my entire life but I've realised you are the best Arata so I immediately stopped. You proposed to her after you both got the titles? Wow! Can I be the best man of you both? Us three should play Karuta again. I mean, I'll just watch because it's a two player game of course. But gee I'm so happy right now! What? Of course I will clean the floor with my tongue...!"

Dude's gonna kill himself at this rate. Not even kidding.

Yea i could see that quotation marks, i was making certain what you were trying to make out of it.

First of all this story is not focused on entirely on romance to give that much emphasis on it and focusing on pair there has to be a mutual romantic connection which was entirely from taichis pov only the entire time and not from chihayas & most of all the development was focused on it was on taichis growth which started because of his feelings but became much of a his own personal thing throughout the series.

This triangle was mostly in the tension never tipped to one side completely in the first place why do you think there is discussion forums on this topic by fans? literally the current one we are on. Thats the whole point of a love triangle, you never know what will happen till the end.
Everyone has their sides that they are rooting for someone has to lose, feel the bitter end, just because readers invest themselves in a preferred pairing / path doesnt mean they wont be disappointed, years of anime and manga has shown us this, some people will be disappointed no matter what the end, doesn't necessarily meant it ruins the entire story or the series.
Arata even with his comparatively less screen time to the other two was always present in the picture like it or not & and a part of the main cast. We have been shown quite enough of part of his story and character as well to know him. If you chose to ignore it or didn't pay attention, i cant help you there. But to call him the guy we hardly know, that's not even close to the truth.

Why do you think taichi is loved by most fans along with the phenomenal development he has? The very things you are mentioning about his character is what makes him the favorite. He was suffering inside all this time chasing chihaya and right now in the present we are seeing him in a better light out of that dark phase of his. The whole point of it was to find himself I am sorry but your thinking is literally that winning the girl/ trophy is everything in this series which is laughable to be honest.
Sometime its not about the destination but the journey and taichis journey has been beautiful and most of the fans do believe Taichi can find happiness with or without chihaya, he defied his mother and pursued karuta, thats a change and i am sure he can sensibly choose a career he wants without slaving himself unhappily.
He doesn't have that stupid mentality that's its the end of the world if chihaya doesn't love him back, he has matured far more than that now and more selfless in fact yes his feelings are there but it wont make him commit idiotic things like killing himself. Just because he's now there for his friends doesn't mean he will be a slave driver/side kick to them nor do Arata & chihaya will ever treat him like that. Both of them affected his life and made him a better person, they all make each other better. So i dont know how can you even say that sentence. Seriously winning girls, trophies doesn't mean you lose out as a character in the story, theres far more to it.

You are literally taking this too negatively unnecessarily with some biased views tbh.
Its better ill just stop this discussion here.
May 6, 2021 12:24 PM
Oct 2014
@Kipo0007

Ok, fair. Many projections and opinions on both sides (imho) anyway. One simple thing then.

You say : "He doesn't have that stupid mentality that's its the end of the world if chihaya doesn't love him back, he has matured..."

Have you ever been deeply in love for more than 10 years? Cannot imagine anyone who had calling that "stupid mentality". If you love someone that long only to see them, say, marry someone else (worse still, your friend)... it does feel like a ****ing end of the world. Cards look black? More like the entire world looks black.
May 6, 2021 12:38 PM
Apr 2018
ElDoRado1239 said:
@Kipo0007

Ok, fair. Many projections and opinions on both sides (imho) anyway. One simple thing then.

You say : "He doesn't have that stupid mentality that's its the end of the world if chihaya doesn't love him back, he has matured..."

Have you ever been deeply in love for more than 10 years? Cannot imagine anyone who had calling that "stupid mentality". If you love someone that long only to see them, say, marry someone else (worse still, your friend)... it does feel like a ****ing end of the world. Cards look black? More like the entire world looks black.

Not really tbh.
As i said he's not a buddha to be complete devoid of feelings, the taichi who said "the cards are all black after that confession" and the current taichi have a quite significant difference, yes he still has those feelings it will bother him a lot from time to time but not to the point he thinks everything is over for him and its no point living anymore. He knew from the start how chihaya looked towards arata still chose to love her all this time, he knew what he was getting into and also how painful it is. but after everything went haywire he had time to reflect on himself and his thought process on life & also taking advices from different people in his life. After his match with Arata when they were hugging he showed us a lot of emotions and his new perspective on his own life. He is changing slowly so yes i can say that he will not think of such really extreme thoughts in this particular scenario and i think most of the fans will agree to that. That's how it is in reality as you mature you realize and understand a lot of things & learn to process it slowly but surely. That's why taichis development is one of the best which gives us a reality check.
May 6, 2021 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
Ofcourse Chihaya isn't a reward or trophy.

It certainly is a great gift in life if the one you love, loves you back. Ofcourse Taichi could move on, but I think it would make his heart burst if Chihaya finally tells him she had been waiting for him, that she was lonely without him and doesn't want to live her life without him.

Arata can move on just as much as Taichi can. Chihaya might indeed choose one of the boys or choose no one because she's not ready.

The thing is that in chap 234 the "he was always here" is a big break in Chihaya's realisation of what she feels for Taichi. Anyone can keep on denying this isn't romantic and do what they like....it seems very clear and nothing complicated about how she reacts, while looking down on the poems in front of her. It's the first time Chihaya did think about Taichi's fading feelings, the most logical explanation being it bothered her to hear that. She knows very well Taichi even stayed her friend after being rejected, he didn't keep ignoring her....he kept on helping her. She's not clueless anymore, she knew very well Taichi was speaking of his romantic feelings, not his friendship.

Sensei still is stalling but the ground has slowly been being prepared for the landing.
chiakimagotoMay 6, 2021 12:53 PM
May 6, 2021 12:57 PM
May 2021
dr_Guts_dds said:
Reaver720 said:

As harassing the author online and upsetting her wasn't enough now asking for these kind of petty and toxic petitions just for putting down another character you don't like. Thankfully majority of the Chihayafuru fandom are sensible not to do this kind of stupidity.

😂😂😂
Your right it would be stupid action for such a great manga.but man you scared me, I was just kidding 😂and just wanted to show how much I’m suffering 🥲.

You are not the only one buddy. Fans from both sides have been enduring but mostly the entire fanbase is also enjoying this series for years, doesn't mean we pressure the author and insult her amazing work we have been loving for so long by doing such things and ruin the story for romance which is only a small part of the series. there is much more to it. This series is about more than just 1 character. So need to spready unnecessary hate towards other characters.
We can only wait and see how it turns out, trust in her to give us a overall satisfying ending to the story and all the characters especially the trio.
May 6, 2021 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
Kipo0007 said:

As i said he's not a buddha to be complete devoid of feelings, the taichi who said "the cards are all black after that confession" and the current taichi have a quite significant difference, yes he still has those feelings it will bother him a lot from time to time but not to the point he thinks everything is over for him and its no point living anymore. He knew from the start how chihaya looked towards arata still chose to love her all this time, he knew what he was getting into and also how painful it is. but after everything went haywire he had time to reflect on himself and his thought process on life & also taking advices from different people in his life. After his match with Arata when they were hugging he showed us a lot of emotions and his new perspective on his own life. He is changing slowly so yes i can say that he will not think of such really extreme thoughts in this particular scenario and i think most of the fans will agree to that. That's how it is in reality as you mature you realize and understand a lot of things & learn to process it slowly but surely. That's why taichis development is one of the best which gives us a reality check.

I agree. I don't understand how anyone still reading the manga actually believes Taichi wouldn't be able to handle those two getting together when he's known this entire time that Chihaya has always felt differently for Arata which is why Taichi would react the way he did during certain moments. He's always been painfully aware since Chihaya is such an open book with her feelings-even though she doesn't understand those feelings as she said herself back in chapter 92. It's going to be so beautiful once everything connects between Arata, Chihaya, and Chiha-a song of a bright red love.
possession1981May 6, 2021 1:17 PM
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.
May 6, 2021 3:19 PM
May 2018
possession1981 said:

I agree. I don't understand how anyone still reading the manga actually believes Taichi wouldn't be able to handle those two getting together when he's known this entire time that Chihaya has always felt differently for Arata which is why Taichi would react the way he did during certain moments. He's always been painfully aware since Chihaya is such an open book with her feelings-even though she doesn't understand those feelings as she said herself back in chapter 92.

I don't disagree that Taichi has matured a lot with regards to his outlook on his love for Chihaya, and he's certainly more selfless about it now. I think he's in a position where he's able to move on. But I don't think you can look at his reaction to the vision of Chihaya and Arata in 225 and think that he'd be totally fine with it. It would still hurt him, which is a natural reaction. There's a difference between knowing something, accepting something, and having no emotions towards something.
accordionheartMay 6, 2021 3:24 PM
May 6, 2021 3:59 PM

Oct 2012
Oh Taichi probably does probably think he has no chance by now.... it's too bad he didn't see alot of Chihaya's reactions to him, especially the at the challenger where she is hiding behind the door and even her behaviour and longing here at the finals.

He so obviously still loves her so much, his shrine panel and the Tare moment are pretty telling....not only that, him laying out his most beautiful feelings in front of Arata.... I bet Arata knew he wasn't at the same level of dedication as Taichi.

Chihaya already carries him in her heart, her vision of him at the shrine, being upset because there is no message for her, Arata calling mi and her seeing Taichi before her, her exercise of exhaling, her realisation in 234...pretty easy to read Chihaya in these chapters, nothing complicated about her reactions.

And Chiha....Chiha isn't here since when?

"Chiha isn't here but Taichi is here."

"Chiha helped Taichi, I'm so glad"

"What about Chiha not being there, but Arata is here, Chihaya?"

"looks like Chiha doesn't like me anymore"

"Taichi is here, no it's not that, Taichi was always here."

5th match Chiha came and is on the tatami.

Ofcourse Arata will get what he wants most dearly: friends and a team spirit connection, find his own karuta. He definitely has a role with Chiha, the one of passing on the passion of karuta. Chihaya will give his lost passion back to him.

It's undeniable Taichi has his own role with Chiha, the one of staging the deep hidden feelings of the poet....the ones Chihaya will ultimately understand in heart and soul.

Btw none of us know how this will end. Sensei is the only one who will decide the fate of her characters and we are all bias in our own way. None of us are in her head, so in the end everything we rant about are suppositions. At this point of the story she can do anything she wants.
It's btw very surprising how such extreme different opinions have come to life for the same story.... that's how well she has been writing this love triangle in an ambiguous way.....I find the constat quite amusing.
chiakimagotoMay 6, 2021 4:13 PM
May 6, 2021 5:17 PM
Oct 2014
@chiakimagoto

You are right, shipping wars are commonplace but I cannot say I remember any other case where the "camps" gave such strong impression they have been reading/watching very different stories.

And I like your attention to detail. Makes me want to read it all again... not going to do that to myself until I know the ending though. I get too attached and involved, couldn't enjoy it anymore if the ending makes me feel devastated. I still believe it won't though.
ElDoRado1239May 6, 2021 7:36 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.