Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Interesting how the guy talking on the machine says they're using a cheap "league of villains" name and how they can't move freely.

Would like to see the MC have some development, he gets annoying time to time. Definitely a slow season, hopefully next season is more action packed!
Overall 7/10
Jun 26, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2016
Tsukkimaru said:

To the people saying the pacing was slow, this was an introduction, this arc and season was to introduce the characters and villains, next season will be focussing on development and story building, this season was literally just the foundation - it only gets better from here.

This was basically the problem of having the first season 13 episodes, it's all just one big introduction of the world and its cast of characters with a bit of character development from our MC, it doesn't dive into the meat of the series. Kinda makes me wish for Bones hadn't animated the series while it the manga was still young. Fortunately the 2nd Season is confirmed and it is adapting the arcs that made this series really enjoyable for me and other fans.
VinjeJun 26, 2016 12:53 PM
Jun 26, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
Uniden said:
Interesting how the guy talking on the machine says they're using a cheap "league of villains" name and how they can't move freely.

Would like to see the MC have some development, he gets annoying time to time. Definitely a slow season, hopefully next season is more action packed!
Overall 7/10

He did develop though. He's slightly less of a crybaby lol.
Jun 26, 2016 12:56 PM

May 2013
Pretty good series. I ended up caving in and reading the manga around the time episode 8 was released. There's so much better content coming up, looking forward to future seasons
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jun 26, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2015
This was pretty good and better than I expected it to be, I'm looking forward to season 2.
Jun 26, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
Here's something for everyone to help tide you over until the next season.

http://sumi-masen.tumblr.com/post/145885955480/me-n-my-friend-made-a-reenactment-of-the-boku-no
Jun 26, 2016 1:55 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome show. Can't wait for the next season!

What's funny is people saying the anime is bad after watching 13 episodes. If you didn't like it, couldn't you notice after 12 episodes? Nothing else to do in life? I rarely watches an anime till the end and dislikes it. If I watch it it's because it's enjoyable.

Really, go watch a show you enjoy instead of torturing yourself with something you don't like.
Jun 26, 2016 2:04 PM

Apr 2016
This was a great way to end this season, it has really been a while since i watched such an awesome series with allot of potensial. This episode was really awesome, although i didn't like that they decided to end it with a bad guy that looks like a street fighter but on the other hand, looks like he has some psychopathical isssues. Other then him showing up out of nowhere, it was a really great ending. Im really happy that we will get to see a second season, i really feel that that the series story is just in the begining stage and that its just getting better and better.

cheers everyone! ^_^
Jun 26, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
I wasn't sold at first but it became quite enjoyable once they introduced the whole class. Even though I didn't care much for our protagonist I have to say that the cast of side characters is quite strong and it was fun to see everyone use their quirks during the fights.
A strong 7/10 for me and I'll be watching the second season when it comes out!
Jun 26, 2016 2:18 PM
Feb 2013
SEASON 2 BITCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !
Jun 26, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
Show definitely got robbed by being 13 episodes. Much like OPM, this should of been given the green for 24 (not split cour) out of the gate.
Jun 26, 2016 3:46 PM
Jun 2015
Can any1 tell me from what chapter manga continues after the 13th episode? :D Great episode btw :D
Yesterday is history, tommorow is a mistery but today; today is a gift.
This world is just....a crappy game.
Jun 26, 2016 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
As an anime only watcher, I never really understood why people get annoyed by slower pace stuff, especially when there's so many rushed shows out there. A more relaxed pace gives characters more time to develop and for you to get attached to them, and it allows tension to build more naturally so you get that nice edge-of-your seat feeling when the climax comes. This is especially true for a show like this, that a large cast and has the potential to be long-running (with off seasons).

In any case, this was a really fun show and I'm really looking forward to the next season! I kind of wish that All Might had introduced Midoriya to his policeman friend as his successor, since he already knows the secret to his powers. But that can come later.
Jun 26, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
8/10 but may change depending on 2nd season.
Also I expect someone to DIE this time.. seriously not a single fatality in that huge fight, even Nemu survived..
Jun 26, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
Kitoge said:
Wow what a finish; I can't believe All Might actually had to go all out, and wait...if Nomu ended up in the school yard, does that mean that he literally orbited the Earth and fell back to the ground? Or does that mean something else happened?

The distance Noumu travelled was exaggerated, when All Might punched him I believe.
Jun 26, 2016 4:29 PM

May 2014
PaleBlue said:
As an anime only watcher, I never really understood why people get annoyed by slower pace stuff, especially when there's so many rushed shows out there. A more relaxed pace gives characters more time to develop and for you to get attached to them, and it allows tension to build more naturally so you get that nice edge-of-your seat feeling when the climax comes. This is especially true for a show like this, that a large cast and has the potential to be long-running (with off seasons).

In any case, this was a really fun show and I'm really looking forward to the next season! I kind of wish that All Might had introduced Midoriya to his policeman friend as his successor, since he already knows the secret to his powers. But that can come later.

I think I agree with everything you say here ^^

Jun 26, 2016 4:31 PM

Dec 2015
Great season. Really enjoyed that and seeing th characters develop over the season.
Todoroki was like "shit, she was there? That was close, oops. Nobody noticed I almost froze her ass"
All Might giving out those props where they're due.
Can't wait for the second season though. Hope it's longer than this and covers more because at times it did feel like we were getting nowhere fast, especially the first 3-4 episodes
Jun 26, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
That moment when Midoria didn't hit him mas but still was the MPV, he saved his life.
And as always the heroes come late xD
So happy that they announced a 2nd season!!!

9/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2016 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
Vacu0us said:
I so wish Midoriya landed his punch

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SECOND SEASON

8/10

Yeah, would love to see the damage done by Midoriya :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2016 4:59 PM
Nov 2010
The anime was so-so. While the production wasn't that bad, the writing sure was. I hope it gets better next season.
Jun 26, 2016 5:00 PM

May 2016
Just awesome!

Wish season 2 will be better than the first one.
Jun 26, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
This series had a weak start but slowly come around. 7/10 overall, going to give the manga another go now.
Jun 26, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode as usual+ nice ending scene but more importantly

THAT SEASON 2 TEASER

Jun 26, 2016 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
So pumped up for the second season! Can't wait to see Midoriya's journey to becoming the best hero.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2012
Fappa said:
All I could think of when the heroes arrived was

IT'S HIGH NOON...

lol exactly man. Especially when all these people get shot almost at the same time and its a cowboy hero xD That was pretty sick though

I'd rate the anime 8/10 . Plot was kidna basic but I really enjoyed the characters and the action .
Jun 26, 2016 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
this got a 2nd season but not One Punch Man lol
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 26, 2016 6:59 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaaahhhhh it's over. That was a wonderful anime, and I'm definitely looking forward to that second season whenever it comes out. 9/10 :3c
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 26, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
ernst said:
this got a 2nd season but not One Punch Man lol

One Punch Man doesn't have enough content to cover a second season at the moment, Murata said he would try harder to get more chapters out for a 2nd season to be possible. Unfortunately he hasn't done a great job keeping that promise.
Jun 26, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2016
8-9/10 for me. I really enjoyed this anime. Definitely one of my favorites this season.

Ugh, I wish they'd stated the release date (or at least a release window) for when the 2nd season comes out, but still the fact this is getting a 2nd season is great. I'll probably start reading the manga before it airs though. The hype is too strong haha.
Jun 26, 2016 8:35 PM

Dec 2012
Season 2 already lol. Gotta read the manga after that though. :3
Jun 26, 2016 8:38 PM

May 2010
I need more of Aoyama's painfulness lmao

All might giving credit to his students made me cry. He's so motivating.

I'm gonna miss this one quite a bit. 8.5/10, really solid and it seems like it's gonna get better and better. S2 is inevitable... hopefully. I want more of these kids, great cast. I love how everyone gets a chance to shine, I love anime like that. Izuku is very inspiring, too. Watching him struggle despite his weaknesses and insecurities is really reassuring and motivational. Honestly tho, I prefer him like this. He's a crybaby and he doesn't hide it. Despite not hiding it, he's able to get stronger and stronger; that's really really cool. Some people dislike him for that, well that's a shame. Not everyone has to be steel-faced/smirky-faced 24/7. Characters like Deku can cry and be cool at the same time. I prefer him over some generic smirky guy. Truly, he will make a great hero one day.

Also gonna miss Ochako and Tsuyu... and like half of the class.
Great thing S2 is confirmed! Will air in fall, I guess? Hmmm hopefully I will be able to watch it.
TragicRomanceJun 26, 2016 8:42 PM
Jun 26, 2016 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good anime but it definitely should have been longer, It felt slow like a typical long running anime but it only has 13 episodes just makes it feel like nothing happened.

Animation quality was really on and off, for example in the 12 episode when All Might goes ham on birdbrains it got really simple which put me off that whole scene.
Jun 26, 2016 10:28 PM

Jan 2016
Easily the best show this season.

8.5/10
Jun 26, 2016 11:16 PM

Jan 2008
That concludes the first season. A little slow-paced overall, but I guess that's to be expected from action shows so they can drag it out as long as possible (I'm looking at you Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and One Piece that never seem to want to end already). I expect this show to have several more seasons.

Don't know why, but my favorite thing about this whole season is Asui Tsuyu hopping a few feet forward near the end there. She might be the quirkiest girl of the bunch, pun intended.
Jun 27, 2016 12:10 AM

Jun 2014
10/10

Next season... WHEN?!

This was such an intense arc, and everything came together so nicely.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 27, 2016 1:08 AM

Mar 2016
10/10 I NEED THE SECOND SEASON'S RELEASE DATE (or even at least its season release date ;-;)
Jun 27, 2016 1:21 AM

Sep 2014
mfw this anime is over

Seriously this was an awesome ride, BnH is just so nostalgic for me with its portrayal of heroism in its most pure, extravagant form and it had those cathartic highs that I very rarely experience in anime. Easily one of my favorite shounen anime, top 2 probably. Can't wait for next season.
Jun 27, 2016 2:26 AM

Apr 2015
It was alright. Passable entertainment at best.

5.3/10
Jun 27, 2016 3:15 AM

Mar 2014
Holy goddamn fuck, the epilogue of the finale was better than the finale itself. The STAAAAAAIIIIIIN teaser, but even greater than that: them iconic quotes of the glorious Sports Festival.

Overall, fine first season; solid introduction to this long-running series.

6/10
Jun 27, 2016 3:34 AM

Oct 2015
Besides the fact that it ended on a cliff-hanger (somewhat), it was goooooooooooooood~

I'll probably pick up the manga and pray that there will be a 2nd season.

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 4:27 AM

Jan 2015
fav anime 2015-2016 , 10/10
Jun 27, 2016 5:08 AM

May 2015
Well it was pretty good, even though I don't understand why it has such a high score, propably the last episodes were so epic that people forgot how shitty it was at the beginning ;P. But it has potential to be a good action anime so i'll give it 7/10.

tytzer said:

They already announced at the end of the last episode that there will be 2nd season... without a date though.
FrossJun 27, 2016 5:14 AM
Jun 27, 2016 5:14 AM

Dec 2015
Good and enjoyable series overall.
Jun 27, 2016 5:26 AM

Oct 2015
Fross_x_Dark said:
Well it was pretty good, even though I don't understand why it has such a high score, propably the last episodes were so epic that people forgot how shitty it was at the beginning ;P. But it has potential to be a good action anime so i'll give it 7/10.

tytzer said:

They already announced at the end of the last episode that there will be 2nd season... without a date though.

They did? Wow.. I kinda rage quited at the credits because of the cliff hanger. Bad habit not to forward it to the epilogue.
Jun 27, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
not much to really say except awesome ep, and i really hope deku learns to control his powers more

but yeah am looking forward to season 2!!
"one step at a time"
Jun 27, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2015
It's high noon...
what a great finale for this season...
Iida saves the day by coming with other elite heroes... Nice timing
it's good that no big injuries for the students...
wait... what the invisible girl do?? lol
can't wait for next season
Jun 27, 2016 7:17 AM

Oct 2015
I thought it was a great series. Each episode had a nice amount of plot movement and it didn't feel like you were stuck for a while in any specific place.

I can't wait for season 2 (please be quicker than Attack on Titan lol)
Jun 27, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
Nice ending! generally this anime was pretty good, it's really nice to see how the protagonist makes his way from the very bottom and endeavor to make it to the top; when he's just a average boy with big dreams. my overall rate 8.5\10.

Looking forward for the next season!
Jun 27, 2016 7:56 AM
Oct 2007
COORU!! (cool)

Cliche as the show might be but somehow the first half of the season touched me and was kind of motivational. 2nd half was draggy at times but the epic and cool moments overwrote any of that. Not forgetting the OST!!

A easy 9/10. So glad season 2 was announced. Definitely a good pickup by Bones. S2 can't come soon enough.
Jun 27, 2016 8:46 AM

Mar 2014
What a good season. 7/10 from me.

Calling it right now. Allmight's best friend in the force is 1 of the 2 people that made Nomu.

Also, i really hope Deku masters All might's power b4 he inevitably dies so that he can die knowing that Deku is ready.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM

» Be like the league of villains

Jannie7 - Mar 14

15 by Vaval »»
Mar 15, 12:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.