Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 21, 2010 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
He was about to rape him but then he stopped and went back to normal.

I guess I"m slightly more interested in this now. I really want to know what the fruit is for.

XD. Yeah, I was about to drop this show unless something in particular interesting happens. And I guess it did in a different kind of way.
Jan 21, 2010 7:43 PM

Dec 2007
Kira_Yamato619 said:
is me or hiroshi is acting like a fucking douche bag
the guy try to rape him , her was like no please stop
dude why not just punch him a the face
but still i think hiro is a idiot

ROFL. I was thinking the same. If a guy put his hand on my lap with no clear intention as a joke my fist would be at his face.
Jan 21, 2010 8:13 PM

May 2009
i personally cracked up.

best episode yet.
Jan 21, 2010 8:37 PM

May 2009
The scene between Nemuru and her grandfather reminded me a bit, still wondering about the why behind what causes everyone who was born in the area to be attracted to Hiroshi...But not so much his sister. There's probably something yet to be revealed, the Sakaki man from the Bio Technology scene seems to hint at more along the lines of how Higurashi ran...

Although goodness, first the swimsuits, then Issei's infatuation with the sweater...Geez, I know Ryukishi's plots are known for their gruesome view on violence, but this is a whole different creeper territory in my book...Slightly paranoid about how far it'll be taken, because too much and I think it might make people completely lose track of the plot...><;;

Heck, unless that's what it's supposed to do. In which case, a well-planned move. ^^;

Jan 21, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
Oh yeah, the doctor is Zaraki Kenpachi/Hasegawa-san! I'd recognize that voice anywhere.
Jan 21, 2010 9:43 PM

Jan 2010
I lol'd pretty hard at how he kept smelling the sweater XD
Jan 21, 2010 10:04 PM
Oct 2007
The purpose of hassaku was hinted at in this episode. And I assume there is also some sort of experimentation going on in the background. I'm guessing these wolves/people are trying to become completely human. What I don't get is, why all the wolves/people are only interested in Hiroshi, not his sister, dad, or Kaname. Is it just because Hiroshi smells better? Answering that sometime soon would be nice.
Jan 21, 2010 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry...how exactly is this show creepy? This has now gone to B movie bad. So it's greatly entertaining on that level. But, then to come here and read some of these comments is just icing on the cake.

That aside, I guess we've narrowed down the relationship between the hassaku and the townspeople. I don't see how the people are being experimented on (directly turning into wolves), since I feel like everything is pointing in the direction of the people using drugs (with essence of hassaku...since they're orange too...hurr durr) as a suppressant of the (let's just say) animalistic impulse (see what I did there). Nemuru's job is most likely to ritualistically dispose of particularly psycho ones that pose a threat. None of this, though, really factors in the old side of town. They're the wild card.

edit: I kind of like Annisa's theory.
noteDheroJan 21, 2010 10:10 PM
Jan 21, 2010 10:35 PM

Sep 2009
This episode: Awkward.

Starting to get annoyed with the lack of central plot progression. Let us get back to how episode 1 ends and take off from there, thank you. I really hope that this whole anime isn't going to be devoted to the main guy little girl being chased around while being protected the entire time while he does nothing but complain.

He was barely able to swallow a pill without looking like a priss. :L Seeing as all the other notable characters in the anime are girls or apparently homosexual, I might as well be watching a shoujo. *headdesks*

How I'm seeing this is that the large jouga wolves that Hiroshi's dad was talking about, somehow found a way to become human through the local hospital and that odd technolyze company to stay on their land, or actual normal humans would take it over and take it from them. Yanno, the whole 'can't-beat-em-join-'em' stick. The hassaku are being used in medicine as a suppressant like Dhero said, and this is reaffirmed by the doctor guy talking to the girl who's obviously the scythe chick.

I'm just wondering where the interesting part is going to come in and whether it will before Hiroshi gets raped by Issei.
JonathanDCJan 21, 2010 10:52 PM
Jan 21, 2010 10:53 PM

Apr 2009
Lol, what a creeper.
Well, half of this is still boring as shit, but the mystery is intreguing enough to keep me around.
Now taking bets on who will try to molest Hiroshi next~
Jan 21, 2010 11:10 PM
Mar 2009
This, for the most part was another boring episode save the homolust scene which was hilarious. It does seem that the Hassaku has some sort of weird effect on some of the townspeople though, seemingly it must keep some of them from going crazy.

I also like the theory with the wolves becoming humans, and Nemuru's job is to take them out if this gets out of control. But the big picture is still shady, I still think there's much more we don't know about.
HaiShangJan 22, 2010 12:51 AM
Jan 21, 2010 11:34 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
At least it was different. The almost yaoi rape scene scared the shit out of me.

However, I understood the possibility of him being attracted to Hiroshi since he looks like a girl and is voiced by one.

LOL @ that, and I reveiewed it here.

This episode was good for plot progression. I copied this from my blog, but here's a list of stuff I know now:

1.) Dr. Kushinada = Nemuru’s uncle, and he has something to do with the murders, as he seems to order Nemuru to do them. There’s always that nagging possibility that it isn’t her, though. This is Ryukishi, so showing her in all the suspicious scenarios in the world doesn’t make her the culprit. Just a thought.

2.) The hassaku. In the first episode, when all the students were “circling” Hiroshi, the wind blew and they stopped. In the second episode, Isuzu stopped coming on to Hiroshi after the wind blew. And in this one, Issei stopped coming onto Hiroshi after the juice container thingy broke open. The scent of the oranges keeps the “wolves” at bay, and since the hassaku harvest was poor this year, (as stated by Dr. Kushinada) more “wolves” are showing up.

3.) Mysterious man = Sakaki. I still don’t know why his medical business stuff is relevant.

4.) Issei has to take some kind of medicine, perhaps for his severe love of shotas? LOL, but seriously, he has to take it for something. And his sweater sniffing is creepy.

5.) Isuzu annoys me.

6.) Hiroshi completely and utterly fails at fishing.

7.) There's now one person in the ED that hasn't been shown yet.

That's really all I got for this episode. I'm looking forward to the next one =)
Jan 22, 2010 1:26 AM

Sep 2009
The yaoi was pretty weird... I wonder what the next episode has in store for us....
Jan 22, 2010 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
so i'm guessing everything has to do with: wolf deities who ensure a good harvest through sacrifices or something, and hassaku has a calming effect on them
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 22, 2010 2:24 AM

Apr 2008
Seems like the hassaku have something to do with being a wolf o-oll

Jan 22, 2010 2:59 AM

Apr 2009
asdf1248 said:
Jouga Syndrome, anyone? Supressed only by the queen bee scent of hassaku ;)?

Painfully obvious. Either that or Ryukishi's trolling.

Are you serious? The guy almost freaking raped you and you just let it slide with 'I'm joking'? What is this I don't even

Also, was that Madao as Nemuru's uncle? And yay, they finally introduce the whiskey guy.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 22, 2010 3:45 AM
Sep 2009
Yeah I totally agree on the jouga syndrome. I am really hoping I enjoy this but there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me I am rewatching higurashi no naku kori
Jan 22, 2010 3:50 AM

Jul 2008
Hiroshi is so girly that Isuzu's pimp brother was attracted to him, huh?
Jan 22, 2010 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
Meh-ish episode, expected a lot more.
The rape scene was creepy in a weird way.
But seriously, why the hell didn't Hiroshi hit Issei?

hirahira said:
He was about to rape him but then he stopped and went back to normal.

I guess I"m slightly more interested in this now. I really want to know what the fruit is for.

I thought you dropped it?
Samu-tanJan 22, 2010 4:32 AM
Jan 22, 2010 5:03 AM

Sep 2009
Ah yes this show is getting better...no not really my entire reason for watching it (scythe girl) barely gets any screen time >.>
Well overall i made a few things clear:
1) Hiroshi is retarded
...thats about all
Anyway ill continue watching and hope for the best =/
Jan 22, 2010 5:49 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was nothing special, but the preview for the next episode was pretty promising as we saw the scythe girl there. Maybe we can finally get to the killing and stuff?
Jan 22, 2010 6:00 AM

Aug 2007
The show is getting better to me. We got some good plot progression in this episode. Hopefully next episode we will learn some more truth like what is Nemuru role in this.
Jan 22, 2010 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
Meh-ish episode, expected a lot more.
The rape scene was creepy in a weird way.
But seriously, why the hell didn't Hiroshi hit Issei?

I'm assuming the fact that the seatbelt was stuck is why he didn't just run out the car either.
Jan 22, 2010 6:39 AM
Oct 2008
Issei freaks me out. He's so scary :(
I mean, look:

Izusu is the new Yuka. With her ugly voice, horny personality and fat ass, she is either is a whore or just born to be. UGH.
Look;

After watching 3 episodes of her, I feel ashamed to be a girl : (
Jan 22, 2010 7:42 AM
Jun 2008
I get the feeling that tsumuhana is the wolf tribe......If this is true,then hassaku festival have more meaning in it.
I now only notice that the 12 chinese zodiac is carve on the blade of the scythe.
Hiroshi seem to be targeted(observed)....during the fishing,hospital also...very mysterious~~
(actually the plot is easily grasp(example camera focus,sound effect,color and etc).....unlike Tatakau Shisho )

The scythe girls are on the move and the hassaku festival is coming......hehee
i bet Nemuru is the scythe girl and the government is observing Hiroshi because he has something to do with the wolf clan <<( this is a very wild guess )
MorningGloryJan 22, 2010 8:19 AM
Jan 22, 2010 8:15 AM

Sep 2007
I'm wishing a certain character is going to be killed off down the line and that seems to be the only reason I'm grasping to right now to continue this show.

"Hopefully certain person will be killed off later....and then I'll laugh. HARD and then celebrate cuz the show will be in a better place"
<---oh yeah....that's what's going through my mind right now in terms of the ONLY motivation I have left to watch this show....at this point....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 22, 2010 8:46 AM
Nov 2008
I'm kinda curious about the details of all the weird behavior going on...but not curious enough to keep going. I pretty much exprect this to be up to Higurashi standards, and it's not even close. Dropped.
Jan 22, 2010 8:56 AM

Jan 2010
What the heck did I just watch?! I could of swore that a yaoi rape scene was about to happen. And that sweater scene was.......creepy.

I'm scared to see what's going to happen next.
Jan 22, 2010 9:17 AM

Jun 2008
Giving it 2 more episodes. This is shit man.
Jan 22, 2010 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
I think the real question should be who are those people in the old town, are they human or wolves? Since we have mixed people in the new town and it doesn't seem there is any Hassaku tree in the old town either. It could be like by coming the new town they believed that they can live more like a normal human but instead they are being trapped in this Hassaku tree cage. And the Hassaku itself is also a questionable, it is a normal fruit or a experimental fruit?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 22, 2010 9:41 AM

Aug 2008
Gayest shit I've seen since 07ghost
Jan 22, 2010 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
-sweater sniffing made me go uhg
-threatening rapist isuzu made me go lul
-yaoi raep made me go [HOLY FUCK SHOULD I DROP THIS SHIT]

Hopefully the next rapist will be of the opposite gender, purely to follow standards and decrease the wtfactor
Jan 22, 2010 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty good episode, 3ep's are enough of introduction to the anime so i hope for less carefree scenes and more serious stuff now. Story is interesting but for now there's plenty of questions without answers. Looking forward to the next episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 22, 2010 10:01 AM
Jun 2008
Its seems people losing interest in this series.....(and its only episode 3)
I lose interest in Higurashi around episode 4 and start back after 4 month and i think higurashi is great.
Jan 22, 2010 10:10 AM
Jul 2008
asdf1248 said:
Jouga Syndrome, anyone? Supressed only by the queen bee scent of hassaku ;)?

toratiger said:
the only good thing about this show is the red Hachiroku

My thoughts exactly.
Jan 22, 2010 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
First episode where I didn't feel like it was a complete waste of time watching it, stuff actually happened and some plot elements were hinted at. Still, this serie got miles to go before it's more than just "ok". 3/5
Jan 22, 2010 12:28 PM

Apr 2008
the hints to the plot are not as subtle or as elusive as they were in other of Ryukishi's works.
I mean you got the fishy new guy of a drug company with a shady deal. Yamainu suspiscious guys in the same clothing fishing or keeping watch around the village. The obvious connection of the Hassaku and the instances of psycho behavior.

Still at least there was some plot progression. Isuzu is still pissing me off very much though
yes I won't comment on the creepy scene in the car.
Jan 22, 2010 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
THAT FACE. Ffff that was a rapeface nearly on par with Kuso Miso Technique right there.

Annoying fanservice was annooooying.

I'm really getting tired of the random conspicuous CGI now. XD

JESUS Hiro needs to MAN UP. I'll accept being too scared to move when it comes to the LOLrape, but not being able to swallow a pill is WEAK. :|

NO HASSAKU COMMERCIAL. ;^;
Jan 22, 2010 12:46 PM

Nov 2007
I could not stop laughing for pretty much this entire episode. At least there was that.
Jan 22, 2010 1:01 PM

Sep 2009
Nadistu said:
I'm wishing a certain character is going to be killed off down the line and that seems to be the only reason I'm grasping to right now to continue this show.
The 1st one to die must be Isuzu.

My blabbery:
Within Hiroshi's blood lies extreme power. The wolf clan seeks it. The scythe clan wants to destroy it.
Either way dude is a sacrificial entity. (In reference to Isuzu saying to Nemura "I will definitely protect him"

OR

The scythe clan (protector of the town) sacrifices a newcomer(with saint traits) on the Hassaku festival to God preventing extreme massacre from the whole wolf possesion thing.Obviously using Hassaku as a tranquilizer from temporary wolf summoning as mentioned by many in this thread.

The scythe clan has some evil aura.

This must be the 1st time i hated a yaoi scene. Issie smelling dude via the sweater is just so molester-ily creepy.

Love this show so far. Black haired mysterious dude -- bishounen indeed :D
Jan 22, 2010 1:21 PM

Dec 2009
There was a little bit too many closeups on Isuzu's ass... Fanservice galore!!! meeh...

Business should pick up soon, or I'll loose interest completely.
Jan 22, 2010 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
Kvakond said:
Gayest shit I've seen since 07ghost

Funny because its the same director.

Well so far I say it's being a bit too obvious. The scent of Hassaku is clearly some sort of suppressant. But I kind of guessed that in the second episode when they made the comment "The whole town smells of Hassaku". A lot of things seem to be pointing towards Jouga Syndrome. Though I really hope that's just a red herring.

I would like it if this is the only fan service in the series because I would prefer great story over a hot spring episode any day. And no more Yaoi rape scenes......they are just too creepy for my liking.
Overall I am still going to wait till the story kicks up.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 22, 2010 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
Why are the 'rape' scenes creepy? Because it's a guy, or because the atmosphere is so great that it's unsettling? Because I only saw it as campy and lolworthy, like Shawn of the Dead. Part of me thinks that if it had been a girl, a lot of you wouldn't be calling it creepy.
Jan 22, 2010 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Why are the 'rape' scenes creepy? Because it's a guy, or because the atmosphere is so great that it's unsettling? Because I only saw it as campy and lolworthy, like Shawn of the Dead. Part of me thinks that if it had been a girl, a lot of you wouldn't be calling it creepy.

Well, I saw it as creepy because of Issei's FACE. If it was Isuzu, it'd be just as creepy, as long as it kept the FACE. I still found it hilarious. But I agree with you~
Jan 22, 2010 3:12 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was just weird. Hiroshi is pretty stupid. I would've long ran out of the car door from the way Issei was behaving.

Anyways, it's getting better, but I still think it's dragging too much.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 22, 2010 3:33 PM

Oct 2007
Hiroshi must smell pretty good! Issei keeps his scent wrapped around his neck.... O.o

Apparently the key to his charm is his smell. Even the guys can't resist. :P
Jan 22, 2010 3:50 PM

May 2008
Though Higurashi comparisons are already tired by now, this show would be better if it used sexuality like Higurashi used violence. I absolutely don't mean turning the show into an ecchi or hentai. No nudity, no fanservice even. Keep things off screen, screen shaded, dimly lit, or distanced. Use less to say more. Just make it really f'ed up and uncomfortable, but keep it all in the background, build the tension -- only letting it out in sudden effusions of WTF amid a Stepford town and deepening mystery of biological experimentation and a touch of the ritual and supernatural.

While whatever the show was going for with Issei this episode sparked this thought, I almost agree with noteDhero when he says that comes off more like B movie silliness. It wasn't quite there for me, as I was getting the creepy factor, but it was really close to crossing that line. If I had had less of a serious face on today, it probably would have come across like that. In any case, the show definitely isn't going where I'd love it to go.

noteDhero said:
Part of me thinks that if it had been a girl, a lot of you wouldn't be calling it creepy.

I think that's an accurate assumption, especially if it had been a quite young girl. Half the comments I see on anime sites these days seem to be posters boasting about being lolicons and wanting more fanservice.
chicanerousJan 22, 2010 4:39 PM
Jan 22, 2010 3:50 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, seems like the fruit really is protecting him. Can't wait to find out what the hell's going on.
Jan 22, 2010 4:07 PM

Oct 2009
HalberdierRetsel said:
THe successor to Higurashi is turning out to be even worse than what Umineko was last season. Seriously...

*edit: Typo
For real? I think Ookami is better then Uminako but Higurashi is still better then both imo

If i had to guess on what is going to happen would be this.
The fruit is to stop whatever is making everyone turn crazy but since the fruit didn't grow a lot this year there are some that are going crazy... Something like that...
GogettersJan 22, 2010 7:53 PM
Jan 22, 2010 4:41 PM
Oct 2008
this episode was kinda slow random fanservice also why did Issei wanna rape him and why did Hiro look like he enjoyed it... it would be interesting if more of the mystery comes to light instead of fanservice, rapes, and creepy Issei.

whats needed is more Nemuru at least the scenes shes in are interesting
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 25, 2010

126 by superwaha »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Feb 25, 2010

97 by Atavistic »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 18, 2010

133 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 11, 2010

112 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 4, 2010

74 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.