Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 25, 2016 7:48 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That new opening song. Really liking it more than Hard Knock Days.

This episode started off with some funny moments in the Going Luffy-senpai when hail rains down on the ship. The Barto Club Pirates were useless during the hail shower. xD This scene is clearly in the manga but the next part after that is where the filler begins.

Luffy and Bartolomeo got captured by the Sweet Pirates led by Desire. They're allied with Bill, head of the Silver Pirate Alliance who ate the Smelt-Smelt fruit, making him a blast furnace human who can smelt ore and produce various kinds of weapons. These guys are aiming to reach the top of the Pirate Era in the New World, even dreaming of taking down the Four Emperors. Oh come on, guys! Are you freakin' serious?! :P Just because they took down a few pirates with bounties doesn't mean they have the strength to beat the monsters in the New World!

Bartolomeo was really awesome in this episode, defending Luffy. His fanboy moments are still so amusing to watch! :D Though Barto and Desire are childhood friends who went out to sea separately... I think they might make up before this mini arc ends. If Sanji was here, he'd surely fall in love with Desire as well. :P She happens to be a tsundere.

I'm curious about the characters from the new One Piece movie. I'm really looking forward to watching that.
Jun 25, 2016 8:44 PM

Jan 2016
this is absolutely adorable <3
but kinda bad how easily the straw-hats + Barto club got wiped.

ignoring the cute arc, the biggest point had to be this new opening where sanji is in shock (to what looks like that mobster dude from the supernovas or whatever)

...we can tell rooster girl is jealous ;) ... Bill is a shit

Jun 25, 2016 8:46 PM

Jun 2014
Eh, didn't really care for the new OP. Maybe it'll grow on me as I hear it more, but it did a good job of setting up future events. I liked the part where Gear 4 Luffy clashed fists with Kaido, as well as the part where we see Sanji's surprised expression at the news he received from Capone. Bartolomeo was amusing as usual, and it was cool to see him protecting Luffy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 25, 2016 9:12 PM

Sep 2015
The new OP feels mediocre. The stuff that is happening in the new OP made me hyped af though.

> luffy vs kaidou hype in few years maybe x)
Jun 25, 2016 10:09 PM

Mar 2016
Loved the new opening :D Song was alright but the opening was great.
Was great seeing characters like
Seeing that Sanji moment where he dropped his cig and Luffy G4 vs Kaido had me so hypeddd xD

The episode was alright. Not much to talk about tbh. Can never get tired of Barto fan boying xD The antagonist, Bill is alright I guess.
RyunuosukeJun 25, 2016 10:14 PM

Jun 25, 2016 11:05 PM

Dec 2014
It was a pretty good episode, The OP was nice and a lot of visuals of the things to come. Nice to see some of the Zou cast in it as well.

Barto and his crew were quite amusing along with the StrawHats.
So easy to lure Luffy out with meat XD

Desire seems like a Tsun XD
Bill is probably just putting on a front for more shady underground dealings.
Bartolomeo defending Luffy was nice, Best fan-boy ever xD
Lelouch0202Jun 26, 2016 3:32 AM
Jun 25, 2016 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
You know, if this part was in manga, people already would call Desire a new Straw Hats member XD
Overall, I liked this episode. Hope the rest of the arc won't dissapoint.
Jun 26, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
Motoko-Kusanagi said:
I can’t wait to see Robin and Nami again wearing their “Return to Sabaody Arc” outfits xD
I hope the new intro is not kidding <_<

The new OP seems good. Hope the arc remains good.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jun 26, 2016 12:23 AM

Jan 2014
Bjartskular said:
Motoko-Kusanagi said:
I can’t wait to see Robin and Nami again wearing their “Return to Sabaody Arc” outfits xD
I hope the new intro is not kidding <_<

really? I thought the OP was mediocre at best tbh. I'm tired of Hard Knock Days, but it's x100 better than the current OP

This may sound random, but the way they did OP 16 in Punk Hazzard was just perfect, it's a shame they have not really made another one like it

Jun 26, 2016 1:02 AM

Feb 2016
Not a bad start...
Jun 26, 2016 1:16 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda like the new arc and op altogether
Jun 26, 2016 1:45 AM

Dec 2013
Don't care for the new opening at all.

Decent start. Really liking Desire.
Jun 26, 2016 2:01 AM

Jan 2015
The new break scene is so nostalgic.
Jun 26, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
Love the new break scenes. New opening is better than the last, but nowhere close to We Are and We Go.

And it's movie filler, what can I say.
Jun 26, 2016 2:21 AM
Aug 2010
Seems like Desire is only interested in capturing Luffy because Bart idolizes him. Indicated by her tsundere and annoyance when Bart mentioned that Luffy was the most important person to him in the world. I mean, she did lose control and fall into that hole with them. It's clear she has a one-sided crush on Bart.
Read my story Lusarth Fauxun
Jun 26, 2016 2:55 AM

Jun 2011
Opening thought: This new opening is so painfully average.. why can't One Piece have great opening song? ): Sad that this OP is probably gonna stick with the entire Zou arc. I wish this song would have a little more sad vibe to it. The visual was lackluster in term of art and animation too imo, really, the animation quality is dipping hard as the episodes went by. I like what we have in there though, all of the Zou figures, they get me hyped, in particular, the scene where the straw hats were overwhelmed(?) by all the poneglyphs, I thought that scene was amazing, because it shows that even though the straw hats have gotten a lot stronger, they can still be surprised by some things. Robin looking super excited in that scene was also great, that will probably be the happiest moment in her entire life, finally able to realize her dream.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 26, 2016 3:20 AM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Opening thought: This new opening is so painfully average.. why can't One Piece have great opening song? ): Sad that this OP is probably gonna stick with the entire Zou arc. I wish this song would have a little more sad vibe to it. The visual was lackluster in term of art and animation too imo, really, the animation quality is dipping hard as the episodes went by. I like what we have in there though, all of the Zou figures, they get me hyped, in particular, the scene where the straw hats were overwhelmed(?) by all the poneglyphs, I thought that scene was amazing, because it shows that even though the straw hats have gotten a lot stronger, they can still be surprised by some things. Robin looking super excited in that scene was also great, that will probably be the happiest moment in her entire life, finally able to realize her dream.

Yeah i agree with that... The visual was good, cool in some Parts but the song... meh.. i know it might grow on me but comPared with others is so UnOnePiece.
Zou deserved a better track.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2016 3:57 AM

Feb 2013
The new opening is nice.
Bartolomeo and his crew are the best, they don't even have a navigator, they just do what their grandma from home tell them to.
That capture plan was perfect, Luffy couldn't resist it.
So, Desire and Barto are childhood friends.
Silver isn't all that good, he is probably using all of them.
Jun 26, 2016 5:56 AM

Jun 2015
I will start shipping Barto and Desire : D aheheheheeh.

Liked the new opening and the episode was funny :)
Jun 26, 2016 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
Hmm filler :/ Bruh I don't like filler ! :/
Jun 26, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2015
The new opening is kinda disappointing. I was expecting something better.

Well, the start of this filler ain't too bad, but the villain sucks already. He seriously thinks he can go against the Yonko.
Jun 26, 2016 10:40 AM
Jan 2016
Pyro said:

Well, the start of this filler ain't too bad, but the villain sucks already. He seriously thinks he can go against the Yonko.

I don't think he sucks too much considering the position he placed Luffy and Bart. While clearly this guy can't go up against a Yonko..I will say that his abilities are pretty good in a strategic sense.

My opinion on the new opening: This is purely disappointing and its a shame too because the next arc has a lot of great story content to use. You can tell the anime team rushed this one out.

As for the episode..I liked it a lot! One piece is the one series that has such a great advantage when it comes to fillers since the imagination of the world provides plenty of depth to explore. Seeing Bart hang out with Luffy in this amount had me laughing pretty hard thus far.

It looks like this filler might be making a small connection with Desire and Big Mom too with the sweet theme they are sharing..
Jun 26, 2016 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
Winter-Sonata said:
Pyro said:

I don't think he sucks too much considering the position he placed Luffy and Bart. While clearly this guy can't go up against a Yonko..I will say that his abilities are pretty good in a strategic sense.

My opinion on the new opening: This is purely disappointing and its a shame too because the next arc has a lot of great story content to use. You can tell the anime team rushed this one out.

As for the episode..I liked it a lot! One piece is the one series that has such a great advantage when it comes to fillers since the imagination of the world provides plenty of depth to explore. Seeing Bart hang out with Luffy in this amount had me laughing pretty hard thus far.

It looks like this filler might be making a small connection with Desire and Big Mom too with the sweet theme they are sharing..

He just seems boring to me and his powers are kind of similar to what we've seen from many others before. It is only the first ep of this filler, so maybe I'm writing him off too soon.

I'm not sure if they're hinting at Big Mom with Desire, but the guy's Smelt Smelt fruit, the mining, and the silver made me think of the Gold film. Maybe there will be some connection there?
Jun 26, 2016 12:18 PM

Jan 2011
new opening and the filler first episode
Jun 26, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2010
new filler arc is alright right. This Bill guy hoping to be pirate king i dont see it. Smelting as an offenssive ability is soooo limited and we see in the episode this hippi nerds ammo to fight back or he'll get close you and probably burn ur skin with "smelting"
Jun 26, 2016 1:19 PM
Sep 2012
So who is the "he" that the villains were referring to, who are they working for. Kaito, or the villain of the Gold movie?
Jun 26, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2014
blfan said:
So who is the "he" that the villains were referring to, who are they working for. Kaito, or the villain of the Gold movie?

This filler arc is supposed to be setup for the Gold movie, which means it can only be 4-5 episodes in the first place, else it'd lose it's purpose.
Jun 26, 2016 3:52 PM

May 2015
The opening song is a bit meh but I did like what I saw. Gear 4th Luffy vs Kaidou looked pretty sick. The episode, again, meh but I guess I'm being a bit negative because I'm excited for what's to come!
Jun 26, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
The new opening is so nice I love it. All the things you could see there especially Sanji moment where he dropped his cig or Luffy vs. Kaido omg. I'm so hyped it's almost beyond words >.<

The beginning was so funny with all the strawhat fanboys and when it began to hail xD
I don't get it how they don't have an navigator, but very important the old lady with her wisdoms :P

Typicall Luffy got caught by meat lol. Good thing Bartolomeo was with him.

Desire is an absolute Tsundere, but interesting to know that she's an old friend of Bartolomeo. I don't know what I should think about this Bill guy. He's definitely involved in something big because of all the silver he's giving to someone (Big Mom maybe?). It's like I saw his Smelt Smelt fruit before, but I'm not sure about that.

Curious what will happen next, expecially because that will be lead to the Gold movie.

Jun 27, 2016 2:58 AM

Jul 2007
How much do you guys want to make a bet that the next Opening after this is going to showcase Luffy's Grand fleet for once, not just the thousand sunny.

MAKE IT HAPPY TOEI, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Jun 27, 2016 6:34 AM

Oct 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Bjartskular said:

really? I thought the OP was mediocre at best tbh. I'm tired of Hard Knock Days, but it's x100 better than the current OP

This may sound random, but the way they did OP 16 in Punk Hazzard was just perfect, it's a shame they have not really made another one like it

By OP I meant the fight scenes between Luffy and Kaido. The song is okayish but not too bad.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jun 27, 2016 10:15 AM

Feb 2016
Yea normal episode. Only thing I'd highlight was the moment when desire was blushing towards luffy. That new guy said something about a monster - monster = kaido ? At least it's some plot progression this time.
Jun 27, 2016 2:43 PM
Aug 2015
No comment about the episode itself atm, it's a so so episode.

About the new OP:
One thing for sure, it sucks balls!
Toei is desperately trying to make me stop watching the anime really.
I'm sick of watching the crew fooling around like an idiot on the ship really, They are pirate, not a mentally challenged kindergarten kid that don't know outside world ffs, they go on a adventure or doing something fun, not splashing water like an idiot on the ship.
And ffs Nami and Robin did shopping a lot and somehow they didn't have any clothes beside their FI outfit? Oda spend a lot of effort in drawing their new clothes and hang out place in the color spread and ToeI just...ugh...

And what's with the random fight? Zou had a lot of interesting material to be used as a visual and somehow they thought putting all those irrelevant fight is a good idea? Jesus...

And the music, hands down the worst out of all the NW Opening, it's so monotone and so forced to try and match One Piece overall theme and it turned out really bad, not to mention the theme of Zou is quite different than normal battle focused arc of OP, I bet the composer don't know jack shit about the upcoming arc.
Jun 28, 2016 8:37 AM
Jun 2016
Quick question when someone try's to dethrone shanks as one of the emperors do you think luffy would help him out?
Jun 28, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2015
Well i liked the opening but I felt like this filler kinda lame.. I liked that woman (desire) it was adorable and kinda well written.. But we all liked if Zou started in this episode.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Jun 28, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2013
Worst opening ever, it was bland and forgettable.

The ep itself was good, can't believe a filler for the movie was better than almost everything since the time skip :'(
Desire is hot and her bikes are cool.

Khaos7777 said:
Quick question when someone try's to dethrone shanks as one of the emperors do you think luffy would help him out?

I guess, but shanks might turn him down since he wants to fight his own battles, unless it's a really big threat.
Jun 29, 2016 2:47 AM

Nov 2015
Kaido Vs Luffy in the OP omg!!!

The episode was nice but the animation was not that good

Jun 29, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
Khaos7777 said:
unless it's Blackbeard, I think Luffy won't even bother.
Jun 29, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
I don't like the new OP but the eyecatch with the bounty is pretty good
Jun 30, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
New opening :D I really liked it!
Jul 1, 2016 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
Hard Knock Days is so much better and more awesome than this new OP. Only good thing in the new OP song is the battle between Gear 4th Luffy vs Kaidou. Lmao Bartolomeo got a cute osananajimi and he chose Luffy..!?? ╮(╯▽╰)╭
Jul 2, 2016 1:49 AM

Apr 2010
I love the new opening. It's much better than the previous one imo :D
Jul 2, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2016
Limited edition white beard figurine/statue on eBay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262498255821
Jul 3, 2016 1:29 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty average opening meh.
Lold when Bill said they could go against Yonkous.
Desire is pretty cute with that tsun :3 and Barto's childhood friend...shipping intensifies.
Jul 3, 2016 2:30 AM

Feb 2014
Opening must be written by Obama, probably thats why it sucks so much.
I like the visuals though, Nami and Robin in Bikini is always nice.
This filler arc will hopefully be rather short I really wanna see Zou.
I assume after Zou they gonna put in another filler to stretch it more since Oda-sensei will certainly take some breaks.
Jul 3, 2016 3:34 AM
Jun 2009
I don't watch OPs as I find them to be somewhat spoilers, so no comment there.
But I felt that the episode itself was quite bad, not the pacing for once, just its story.
I'll probably skip the fillers again.
Jul 4, 2016 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
The new opening is.. kinda boring, nothing amazing. Usually I get pumped, but now I just wanna scroll through it.

Lol at Bartolomeo crew's fanboyism and that semen shooter.

Bill has got some rather "cute" ideals, beating Kaido? C'mon..

As far the rest is concerned, quite a "wth" filler, might just skip the rest. Tho I love how Desire blushes every time she gets a compliment.
Jul 10, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2014
Finally a new opening. Damn, geez. I mean they have used the same shitty song throughout the whole Dressrosa arc (just changed some bit of the opening in the middle arc). That opening have been used twice as they usually do. I mean that was totally unnecessary to use it through 100+ ep. -.-'

Anyways, I finally happy about the new op., though I also find the song a bit boring. But that's usually is common when new openings are introduced. You get used to them afterwards. :P Can't wait to see the Kaido arc. It's gonna be good (at least I think so).

So we finally get a filler arc. Long time since we have seen that. LOL. But I find this arc a bit boring. The next two ep. aren't that good either. Usually OP fillers tend to be boring, but I guess they should just finish it so we can get back to the main plot. ^^

What I liked most is the change they made when the ep. is half through. It's better than the last one. I am really glad they went back to the classic one. Because this will also give new soundtrack to the character that have been introduced after they entered New World and that are important for the currently arc and further arc.
mangalicker94Jul 10, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 13, 2016 5:32 PM

Dec 2007
OH NO THE FILLER GIRL IS REALLY CUTE
Jul 16, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
The new opening is amazing, the song and the scenes shown are so good :D

Desiré is already someone I might like, wonder how long this arc will take.
Definitely not bad from the start, weird how Luffy got captured so easily though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Feb 8, 2009

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.