Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion

Feb 1, 2017 8:44 PM

What a waste of potential. Concept is good but the characters are so weak. The only characters that were decent were Sonozaki and Agata...

Mar 20, 2017 12:51 PM

I don't know what all these pathetic people are whining about, but that was a nice ending to a really good anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Apr 14, 2017 11:00 PM
They sure spent the whole thing focusing on katsuhira and nori's happiness and forced up tenga x chidori as something more of a sencond choice and threw aside Nico and Hisomu. I don't say Katsuhira and Nori didn't deserve it since they were built with a a dramatic background, but as one of the characters, they're being focused on too much that it starts to hurt me thinking about my best girl (Nico) and other interesting characters_whose interesting bg just got thrown away to be something else to boost the 2 main. Btw, nori,besides having a very dramatic bg, she just happens to turn into something that i can'r bare. The one that understands nothing and take others' feeling for experimentation and stuff. And you know what, turns out she got all the forgivance and love at the end, from everyone, as easily as i could never imagine.

Apr 14, 2017 11:13 PM
Though it may have been a good one, all of the characters got a lot of potential. But they did not get developed. And as far as the series go on, the more the plot get messed up. And that shipping scene in episode 8 was so forced because there was rarely any progress before that (except for katsuhira and nori). After that comes episode 9 as a result of episode 8. And episode 10 was the most disappointing. I felt that she was just trying to end the whole thing. They did bring up a very good subject, but failed to even take decent care of it til the end. My best girl is Nico who just tends to hide her selfish feeling to befriend everyone, who cherished others and she got thrown aside like trash. Also hisomu, some may say not every char needs to lead a tramatic past but since this is all the project is about, i think they just gotta develope something further in every char. It just ended up so messy and fucked up... katsuhira and nori are the only 2 who are focused on but according to what happened then i just felt like they didn't deserve it and i had to try hard thinking about all the details and persuading myself to actually forgive their happiness.

Apr 30, 2017 12:51 PM

Aw, good for Tenga that Chidori is starting to reciprocate his feelings haha. I do feel bad for Nico though, because she is so precious and deserves love, too. I do think that she would make a beautiful couple with Tenga. Cute, bubbly girls with big burly men is a very cute idea for a couple haha.
Anyways, as for the ending itself, it was nice. Nori-chan's smile was heartwarming. Oh, and Honoka is totally open to dating Yuta now, which was really sweet. That was the best part about this ending, how all of these romances started to blossom. It made me feel warm inside so I don't feel like being too critical about it.
Life has meaning.

May 9, 2017 11:43 AM

OTP is sailing I'm satisfied.

Though I'm hoping for a Tenga x Nico instead of Chidori.

Yuta x Honoka is also sailing~

And Noriko finally smile! So pretty <3

8/10
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends. So yeah idgaf about your opinion, extras :)"

May 16, 2017 3:21 PM
animefan8800 said:
Abso-fucking-lutely atrocious final few episodes. I never gave a rat's ass about Katsuhira x Noriko, and a fucking forced Chidori x Tenga pairing as some kind of second place prize for Chidori is horseshit. Not that Katsuhira deserved her anyway. Only thing I remotely enjoyed at the end was Yuta x Honoka. Absolute chore to sit through these final boring episodes. Earlier episodes weren't good mind you, but at least I wasn't bored out of my mind during them. And they did have some amusing moments. But these last few episodes? Well, I only wish I could transfer the pain of watching them to someone else. Oh well, my fault for watching this. 4/10, Trigger should thank Big Order for existing, saved this from being worst of the season.
exactly Noriko was fucking irrelevant to me this entire fucking series the only pairing that made sense was katsuhira x chidori, the others were all fucking trash

May 16, 2017 3:27 PM
Takamura-sama said:
bad ending, good anime.
Where is chidori x katsuhira and Nico x Tenga. This makes me sad...
But still good anime 8,5/10
feel the exact same as you i could not care less about noriko she really fucking ruined the ending

May 28, 2017 10:07 AM
Cross-Eyes ➕➕

7/10. If Kacchon woke the hell up and got with Chidori it might've been an 8.

Jun 22, 2017 1:22 AM

Those assholes are back.
Dat takeover.
lol at the mayor calling for Nori to help him.
LMAO at the two Gomorins.
Oh shit! Dat headbutt.
Face the pain, Chidori.
Katsuhira finds Nori.
Dat explosion.
lol at Yuta.
Face the pain, Chidori.
Oh, Katsuhira said it. He did love Nori from back then.
Smoove Katsuhira.
Dat ittai!
He can feel again.
lol at Tenga.
Dat Luluco.
lol at Nico.
Katsuhira's friends are getting better.
lol at Katsuhira in that bed.
Smoove Katsuhira.
Chidori does not ship it.
Dat smile.

Farewell, my beautiful Honoka and Mitsumi.

I look at Kiznaiver and feel that TRIGGER could have done Digimon Adventure tri. instead of Toei.
Modified by Rob, Jun 22, 2017 4:11 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jul 20, 2017 10:39 AM
Meh? It was OK, I didn't particularly like the storytelling or the pacing, but overall the characters were unique and lovable (for the most part). The messages this show were giving are kind of cliche not gonna lie. You may find this boring to sit through, but it was an average experience or me.

Sep 4, 2017 7:10 AM

So I guess there's no legal, moral or karmic consequences for years and years of irresponsible (short of cruel based on intent?) experimentation on children? Considering how (relatively) lighthearted the show ended up being, they could have made the past less grim.

Anyway, nothing was really as dark as they seemed at first. In that way, they tricked us with a lot, including Urushibara who wasn't even as 2% as sinister as they tried to make us think (her character design was great). Not complaining though, I'm glad the edge was dulled.

In the end I think they had a chance to show something warm about friendship but it got bogged down in plot spectacle. The characters were okay.
Modified by syncrogazer, Sep 4, 2017 7:16 AM

Oct 3, 2017 2:23 AM
君を笑いに来た

This show is what would happen if AnoHana, Kokoro Connect and a bit of Charlotte had a baby.

I can't say that Kiznaiver is trash, but it could've been much better. The romance was really forced, there was barely any trace of Niko liking Tengu before it got mentioned. This isn't even a love triangle, it's a line of unrequited love with Yuta and Honaka doing their own thing in the corner.

Twelfth episode was pretty self-explanitory. Katsuhira got his feelings back, confessed to Nori again, end of the episode showed who ended up with who. 3/5 for this episode and the series gets a 6/10.

Jan 16, 2018 12:09 AM
The ending was okay. Maybe this is nitpicky, but I would have liked it more if the characters addressed past issues and took accountability for their actions. It would have made the whole "yay we're bffs again" ending more genuine.

First off, Tenga never apologized to Katsuhira for assaulting him or even acknowledged that his own response to Nico's confession (or lack there of) was extremely hypocritical. Speaking of Nico, that situation is literally never resolved. The whole thing is glossed over and tbh it really ruined Tenga's character for me. (Also, I would have loved to see some better hints and development towards Nico's feelings for Tenga before everything boiled over).

Second, Chidori annoyed me the whole series with her jealous, bratty behavior. I know she acknowledged that she was being selfish and eventually accepts the KatsuNori couple, but it would have been sooooo much better to actually see her apologize to Katsuhira. She apologized to Tenga for her behavior, so what's stopping her from apologizing to her best friend?

Finally, I wish Noriko would have -- I don't know-- ACTUALLY FACE REPERCUSSIONS FOR DISRUPTING THE PEACE, BLOWING UP A BRIDGE, CAUSING MASS PANIC, AND PUTTING THE MAIN CHARACTERS THROUGH SO MUCH MESS. If not face repercussions, at the very least they should have suggested Noriko felt remorse for her past actions. Imo, it would have been good piece of character development, very rushed and last minute, but character development none the less.

All in all it's a good series. I just would have liked to see the above complaints fixed.

Jan 30, 2018 7:54 AM
The ending was alright, it shows mikochan its ready o the slow train to being normal and full of emotions like the other.

Mar 21, 2018 7:25 PM
White Whistle

Nico deserves the world.

Apr 1, 2018 12:42 PM

The last 2 episodes were bad and confusing, but this finale was pretty good. The ships were interesting, but Tenga x Chidori seemed forced and didn't have any development at all, so that was bullshit. I like the final moment where they were all the hospital and we saw that Sonozaki changed, however it is still not enough for me to give it an 8.
7/10

Apr 17, 2018 12:19 AM

I've got to say the ending was really good in my opinion. Glad to see everyone smiling including Noriko but I'm not sure how to feel about this anime. The starting of this was really good and funny. But as the anime progresses it started going downhill and I didn't like it as much as the beginning. Maybe it's because I didn't really understand it or it's just not what I was expecting but overall wouldn't recommend people to watch it.

Apr 20, 2018 9:21 AM

Bleh. Just like fucking Kokoro Connect. Chidori and Tengan's relationship feels really forced as fuck it irritates me when I see them together. Yuta and Honoka's relationship is the most natural for me. It has potential and I thought it can surpass Kokoro Connect but it ended the same shit the moment it gets way too serious.

Apr 24, 2018 9:04 PM

Tennouji said:
Bleh. Just like fucking Kokoro Connect. Chidori and Tengan's relationship feels really forced as fuck it irritates me when I see them together. Yuta and Honoka's relationship is the most natural for me. It has potential and I thought it can surpass Kokoro Connect but it ended the same shit the moment it gets way too serious.

Well. I totally agree with that both anime lack of relationships but unlike Kokoro Connect which ends with so many questions Kiznaiver don't have that on it I'll almost gave it 9/10 but for lack of relationships I'll gave it 6/10 cuz it was too force idk why they do that with this kind of storyline, O well whatever. :-P

Aug 19, 2018 12:34 AM
Kacchon x chidori forever

Sep 12, 2018 10:29 PM

Well, it was a good experience. Of course, I watched Darling in the FranXX before and I was constantly distracted by deja vu, but I liked how Okada treated the theme of mutual trust and understanding in friendship / romantic relationships.

And of course, I'm glad that my two OTP became a canon, lol.

In general, 8 out of 10. This show is unlikely to be my favorite, but I enjoyed watching it enough.

Level of my english is still too poor, so ask not particularly angry because of my terrible grammar.

Nov 9, 2018 6:32 PM

abyss333 said:
Rushed as fuck obviously. But are u seriously telling me that those kids lives were ruined (the one in vegetated state) causse Sonozaki refused to give up their pain cause she didnt want to feel alone. SERIOUSLY WTF IS WRONG WITH HER. However i did really like everything else about this anime. But fuck Sonozaki, i feel bad for her but i still dont like her. 7/10

So basically this^. The idea at the beginning was very interesting, the entire explanation was bland, lazy, and juvenile, but it created the scenarios that were fun so whatever. Overlooking the entire lack of meaningful plot or message, the characters were pretty good, and it was fun to watch. Well, most of it. 7/10

EDIT: Almost forgot, the part where they were experimenting on children for the sake of trying to teach them a BASIC NATURAL EMPATHY really peeved me. And then they act like it's a tragic thing for the scientists and they're the victims. Ok. They should have all ended up in prison. The empathy angle was what I meant when I said the plot was lazy and juvenile. They could have come up with a much better reason for the Kizna system. And due to it's nature, yes, the scientists should have had an evil purpose. "Well intentioned" but still evil makes for a good villain because that's how most real life villains start. They should have at least done that. Kinda like the King in TTGL. Though at least his logic was solid.
Modified by Spike52, Nov 9, 2018 6:52 PM
"Sometimes I have a rule of just one snack a day, but when I feel like it, I say 'to heck with it' and eat as many as I want to."

-Shiro (Deadman Wonderland)

Jan 26, 4:25 PM

It was a pretty decent final episode in my opinion. Quite suprising to be honest. A happy ending for everyone. Did not expect this at all. Maybe thats why I liked it more than I should.

Overall this series was a mixed bag. The backstory for Katsuhira and Noriko and all those experiments were pretty decent and it had a lot of potential. Shame that they have chosen to go for a drama/love pentagon. Some characters were very one dimensional - mainly Chidori and Tenga. Even they fears from second episode were not adding any depth. Tenga is afraid of dogs. Ok thats it - there should be some story about it. Chidori was afraid to voice her feelings for Katsuhira. Unfortunately this is her one and only character`s trait.

Honoka and Yuta was the most developed pairing. Mainly because there alone in this "relationship". At least they got some realistic isssues.

Niko and Hisomu were one trick pony but they worked. They did their part and that was it. Niko feeling anything for Tenga was taken out of an ass and was totally not needed.

And finally Katsuhira and Noriko. Well there was a reason why they should have ended together and they did. Case closed, no complaints.

Art and music were consistently very good.

Visuals - 8/10
Story and Pacing - 6/10
Characters - 2/10
Enjoyment - 5/10

Final score 5.5/10.

Mar 4, 3:09 PM
i’m so mad that i actually watched this until the end.
what a waste of time, honestly...

Mar 20, 8:35 PM

This show had potential and at some points I enjoyed watching it, but that ending felt rushed even if it was decent and better as I expected.

Overall I liked the characters concept. Sure some of them didn't had the depth they need to make them more interesting, but for me it was absolutely okay.

What I really loved was the animation. There was rarely a scene where I thought the qualitiy got bad.

I'm not satisfied with the pairings. Honka x Yuta was perfect but I wished so much for Chidori x Katsuhira, what a shame. And now that Tenga is dating Chidori poor Nico has to fight for him even more.

That scene at the end was nice, when everyone was surrounding Katsuhiras bed. And even if I don't Sonozaki to much, it was sweet to see her smile.

8/10

Modified by Natsu88, Mar 20, 8:54 PM

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]