Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 1:37 AM

Aug 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"I'm always prepared to put my life on the line when I bullshit." ~ Baka. Truly words to live by & admired.

Great chapter though I can see what it ended up being removed from the anime, namely because it really just feels tacked-on. There's a far greater sense of finality in the last story as that story mirrored the first arc, making for a book-ending sort of feel. This felt more like a stand-alone story, something that'd be released awhile after the series ended as some anniversary special rather than the actual intended conclusion. The series ending felt a bit abrupt too, like I didn't even realize that I read the last line of the series when I hit to turn to the next page.

Regardless, this was a pretty entertaining chapter on it's own merits. The twist that the insects were harmless & just seemingly trying to change the opinions of those that hate them, is just so gleefully ridiculous I can't help but grin while reading it.

As a whole, Level E is a highly entertaining quick read. While my enjoyment of it may have been diminished due to having know the twists (which also serve as some of the best jokes in the series), the clever writing, varied arcs & amusing character interactions were more than enough to make this a worth-while read regardless. The Color Rangers arc is likely my favorite of the bunch & truth be told I prefer most of what came before that arc than what came after it but the series never really lost it's lunacy (sans maybe the Mermaid arc). While it's nowhere close to Hunter x Hunter, ultimately I do think I like Level E more than Yu Yu Hakusho (along with the other works his written, of which I've read all of them [to some extent at least]). 8/10
Nov 4, 2019 10:21 PM
Mar 2019
8/10 is what I'd give it too. I enjoyed it waaaay more than YYH, and I think it does a really good job of mirroring Togashi's thoughts and personality
Sep 3, 2023 10:17 PM
Nov 2017
I want to see Kana chan interacting with Yukitaka and Miho lop. I love that she's visiting him on her own and the Baka still keeps in touch, if only to torrent him lol. I'm gonna take Miho being there as confirmation that they end up together.

I keep flip flopping on whether to give this series an 8 or a 9. I enjoyed it slightly more in anime form, but the perks of this last chapter and some story arcs like the field of dreams being fleshed out more, make this just as necessary to read to me. It's just a fun experience in both formats and a nice change from Yu yu and HxH
Nov 11, 2023 11:41 PM

May 2020
What a wild and interesting series. The first three arcs were definitely the peak of this but there is some hilarity to be had in every arc.

This series reminds me a lot of the Men In Black franchise, although its from the alien's perspective instead of the perspective of a shadowy organisation. Still the humor is very reminiscent of those movies, so it's interesting to note that this came out before the first movie did (although the comics that the movies are based on came out well before this manga). I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I just think its pretty interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Level E Chapter 15 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jun 24, 2016

1 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Level E Chapter 5 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jun 22, 2016

1 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:36 AM

Poll: » Level E Chapter 3 Discussion

1 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Level E Chapter 1 Discussion

1 by Saurian_X »»
Nov 4, 2019 10:19 PM

Poll: » Level E Chapter 12 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jun 23, 2016

1 by Leigh39 »»
Apr 6, 2019 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.