Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 25, 2016 10:38 PM

Apr 2015
I read the thread as "Am I the only one who is a fucking idiot"

The answer is no op <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 11:15 PM

Aug 2014
.-. well your list of anime.. does not rly have any shit tier anime in it..YET... all those a basic anime's ...so once u find somthing thats trash... come back to this thread lol

Jun 26, 2016 12:29 AM

Jun 2015
i don't do it as well. why would I drop an anime. Just watch it casually one episode a month.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 26, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2015
The thing is that I have never seen smth so bad, that I had to drop it.

Jun 26, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2011
No ur not the only one who doesn't drop anime
Jun 26, 2016 2:19 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
...but dropping anime is fun and healthy.....

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 26, 2016 2:46 AM

Jul 2014
CrashD said:
LPeyph said:
The 3 episodes rule: if an anime fails to entertain me in 3 episodes then I drop it

There are a ton of anime that completely change story, pace or style at say the 4th episode. The 3 episode rule is shit. Madoka Magica is a perfect example. The first few episodes are like a cheery little girl's show and a few episodes in, it gets extremely dark and extremely complex. Watching the first 3 episodes would completely prevent you from seeing this amazing anime.

I personally can watch show about anything if it's made good.
Another example if it's just shit because of blank characters, bad storytelling, stupid cliches and plot twists, etc.

I don't drop the show because it's about cherry little girls doing cute things. I drop it because it's bad made show about cherry little girls doing cute things.
Hope, you get the point.

Of course, there are always shows that's just not my cup of tea and were too boring to watch. I simply try not to rate these ones.
Jun 26, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
I choose my series and i used to be like that but after some time i decided to drop an anime if its not entertaining or the mc\art is shit. Id rather use my time searching for a masterpiece.
Jun 26, 2016 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
I used to be like you. Not wanting to have anything 'dropped' in my list, it looks more neat that way. Well say no mo. Some things are better dropped. *wink *wink

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jun 26, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2016
I wouldn't say they were dropped cuz they were bad... I personally dropped Texhnolyze because I couldn't understand it.. however, a lot of people in MAL are dropping stuff because they are looking at stuff VERY objectively and they're like "oh, this anime is shit, I'm dropping it, not watchin' that shit, I will tell others that it's shit"... But you're not the only one who doesn't drop, I dropped only one because I literally couldn't understand it, yet plenty of other animes... were too slow for me, made me feel sleepy sometimes, yet I watched them till the end and still gave them a 9, because I liked it, but it was simply too slow for me. If I start an anime, I will finish it (except those that I literally can't understand.. I almost dropped Baccano at one point)
Jun 26, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
Is because you are young and a still a beginer... there are some stages trough which some of us pass when they start watch:

The first stage is the... lets call it the Binge Eater Honney Moon Stage:

- This is the stage of the begining. It comes after you discover anime and you are hyped as fuck. Because you didn't saw many anime, pretty much anything seems original and fun. You will devour anything that fall in your hands, and you will not let any anime unfinished, even if you don't enjoy it so much because you feel like... it would be a heresy. This stage can take few years, after that as you grow up and also gain experience (a good ammount of anime/manga/story's) you start to develop a certain taste for certain anime. And little by little you will find yourself dropping anime,not particulary because you hate them, but you will simply lose interest for some of them.

I was the same when I was at your age... I couldn't drop anime, or watch the same series more than once (it would mean to waste time instead of seeing something new)... but now, 9 years after I started watching anime, I am doing the things totally different. I drop many of the seasonal anime, and in the last 3 years, I ened up mostly rewatching series that I seen before (that because I started to watch anime together with my little brother and sister).
Jun 26, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2016
i dont see the point in forcing myself to do something i dont enjoy if im not getting paid for it
Scream!
Jun 26, 2016 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
unfortunately i also can't drop anime, doesn't matter how bad it is, sometimes when im not really that curious about a certain anime tho, i check the 1st ep and then if i dont fancy it or it doesnt catch my attention i just let it remain unlisted on mal. but im sure one day you'll come across a really bad one that'll make u drop it, so you shouldn't really put much thought into that
tiresomeJun 26, 2016 9:02 AM
Jun 26, 2016 9:03 AM

May 2014
"Am I the only one who [...]"

Oh c'mon.
Jun 26, 2016 10:07 AM

Jun 2015
No, you're not the only one. Some people have that "no-drop policy". But personally, I don't want to torture myself watching something I clearly don't like after a few episodes.

CrashD said:
Maybe it's just because I have a lot of free time, especially during summer break, but I don't ever drop anime.

I think that's your answer.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jun 26, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2016
I used to be like that too, until I saw Hikaru no go. I'm not saying Hikaru no go is bad, it's just that, as many people has said, if what I'm watching is not entertaining to me I don't want to force myself to watch something I don't like.
"Ave Maria", a song inspired by ATTACK ON TITAN:

https://youtu.be/hUY_rDboLw4
Jun 26, 2016 4:21 PM

Sep 2015
When I first got into anime I used to drop shows like No Game No Life, The Seven Deadly Sins and Kyoukai no Kanata. Once I came to mal I picked Kyoukai no Kanata back up and put the others on hold because I assume I'll probably pick them back up one day.

To be honest I don't get the difference between 'on hold' and 'dropped' lists. Because dropping a show doesn't mean you never watch it again, but isn't that what having a show on hold means?
Jun 26, 2016 4:28 PM

Nov 2015
Chikaji said:
bruh

In all honesty, if I ever see a "am I the only one..." the answer is no. 100 percent of the time.

Right? lmaoo.. Like yeah bro you're the ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD who does/doesn't do that thing in the topic.

OP I also rarely drop anime but sometimes it needs to be done. If you don't enjoy it than why even stick it out? Too many good shows in the world to keep watching a bad one
Jun 26, 2016 4:34 PM

Mar 2014
Having to force myself to waste my time watching something that isn't remotely interesting is torturous to both my soul and my eyes. I don't have a lot of patience, and I usually only finish something boring if the premise the anime/manga was based off of seemed appealing to me. I used to have a ton of dropped anime on my list, but I just sweeped it off. If I'm never going to touch it ever again, I don't need to put it on my list.
Jun 26, 2016 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
I'll just leave this picture of my profile, it will sum it up if i drop or not.

No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jun 26, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
people who dont have dropped animelist just means they deleted it lol.

i see something not worth my time at all i just delete it.
Jun 26, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
@CrashD Not everyone drops anime and there are likely to be different reasons for that like being a completionist, wanting to see the whole story, for reviewer purposes etc.

There are also reasons for why people would want to drop anime, like bad story, wasn't what the viewer thought it was gonna be, bad characters, doesn't suit the person's taste, over the top fan service etc. But just because someone drops it doesn't mean it is bad. However, a lot of people have limited spare time to be able to do whatever they want. It's probably pointless for them to use up time watching something that they don't particularly enjoy or don't find interesting enough, when they can move onto something else which they could enjoy a lot more. Another problem is that once you seen a decent number of anime you find a lot of the same patterns within certain genres, which can make them boring and predictable for certain people.

So the chances are that almost everyone will drop anime at one point. I've dropped loads but most don't make it onto my MAL list since I only want to include anime I've completed or dropped but thought there was something good or interesting about them. Out of those on my list that I've dropped, I stopped them at different points from 2 episodes in, to 114 episodes into a series.
Jun 26, 2016 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
Same goes for me, I can't drop anime even if I really hate it. Lots of times I end up 'hating' on popular shows, and people jump at my throat saying that I need to watch the whole thing to judge it. So I started doing that, and now I can't stop.
Jun 26, 2016 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
There was one unmentionable anime that I ended up dropping well over 100 episodes into, but as I've said many times before, I say again, I clearly did not give that anime the love and respect it deserved. I agree that sometimes people have the tendencies to drop series before really giving the series a fair chance. I ended up re-watching that dropped anime from the very beginning again, and then resurrected it from its grave of shame and despair. I currently have no dropped anime on my list, and have no intentions of ever dropping another anime like I did that first one, ever again.
Jun 26, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2012
Imo it also depens how you choose to watch an anime. Like if you filter before watching, you can be almost sure that your selection of anime will be to your liking and you won't need to drop (i.e. if you're a fan of mecha and etc, if you only pick mecha, etc anime you won't need to drop them, even if they are not very good you might continue them) but if you are less strict and try a bit of every thing even what you usually don't like or an anime that looks watchable but not quite good, you will filter after a few episodes.
Personnaly I'm the second option so I drop often, but most of the time because I've found something more interesting (anime 2) and I don't want to loose anime time because of anime 1 x)

LaceyKuroki said:
When I first got into anime I used to drop shows like No Game No Life, The Seven Deadly Sins and Kyoukai no Kanata. Once I came to mal I picked Kyoukai no Kanata back up and put the others on hold because I assume I'll probably pick them back up one day.

To be honest I don't get the difference between 'on hold' and 'dropped' lists. Because dropping a show doesn't mean you never watch it again, but isn't that what having a show on hold means?

So far I've interpeted on hold as "There is something I want to watch now so/ It's not that good but I'll continue it maybe later right now I need something else so/ SO I stop it now but I will or might probably continue it later" and dropped as "I've tried it and didn't like it, I don't want to watch it ever again" x)
AmyltiaJun 26, 2016 6:09 PM
Jun 26, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
The time you spend watching a show you already know is mediocre, could be spent starting a different show that might end up fantastic.

There's already more good anime than anyone could ever hope to watch (unless that's the main goal and activity of your life, in which case more power to ya). There is never an excuse to watch something mediocre unless it's "so bad it's good" and you're just along for the ride, riffing on it and having fun.

EDIT: Also yes I've dropped many anime, I don't even keep track of drops on my list because it clogs it up too much.
Jun 26, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2016
I don't necessarily "drop" anime because I always have the intention of finishing them; however, sometimes I will forget about the anime and forget where I am which causes me to not finish them. Therefore, I suppose I do "drop" anime, but I don't do it intentionally.
monger of all moths
Jun 26, 2016 9:14 PM
Aug 2015
No, you aren't the only one.. I am a mobile internet user (which the intenet data/quota is limited) and i prefer to download anime rather than watch it. So if i've decided to watch a show, i wouldn't dropped it to take a responsibility for the quota i've been wasted before.
Jun 26, 2016 9:15 PM
Feb 2014
Hi

I don't drop anime, how can I help you?
Jun 26, 2016 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone who doesn't drop a single show either has way too much free time or are masochists
Jun 27, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2016
When I first got into anime I took recommendations from a friend on what to watch, then I transitioned into searching for good titles on my own, however, I had a dark period during which I'd watch anything to the end no matter how bad it was.
I eventually stumbled onto something so horrid and repulsive (probably because I had gone through so many shows by then) that I swore to never force myself to finish anything else that I didn't find fun to watch.
Since then I drop whatever whenever, and it 's definitely felt like a weight off my shoulders.
Jun 27, 2016 2:39 PM

Mar 2014
I don't drop anymore, I either delete them or send them to the on hold abyss.
Jun 27, 2016 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
i usually finish shows at a later time instead of dropping them. the only show i've ever dropped was opm.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jun 28, 2016 2:42 AM
May 2009
You will drop one day, but than you might resume another really depends.
Jun 28, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2014
I RARELY ever drop anime
I think I only dropped 3 animem but I will probably give them another try eventually (even if it does kill my brain cells)
Im the type of person who usually finishes what he starts, so basically if Im an episode in, I NEED TO FINISH IT
Its a weird quirk of mine
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2016 9:06 AM

Aug 2015
If I don't like it, I drop it.

If I know I won't enjoy it, why should I keep watching? I watch anime solely for entertainment.
Jun 28, 2016 9:28 AM
Apr 2015
lol, I thought I was the only one, once I start I finish or catch up
Jun 28, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
I don't ever drop anime,, ever.....
Jul 2, 2016 7:40 AM

Feb 2016
For me it's the same since I've the urge to finish everything that i start.
Jul 2, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
Just choose and pick carefully mate
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Aug 2, 2016 1:54 PM

Feb 2016
I don't really have a lot of time in the first place, so I don't really have the luxury to finish every single anime I have started if its turns out boring/bad I'm definitely droping it
Aug 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2012
Because people actually study in a university and have jobs as well to pay the bills and loans. Meaning there is no fucking time to waste on Chinese cartoons I dislike.
I don't understand people that have waste time in life to watch/read/do something you're not enjoying. Life is too short, and way too few time.
Aug 2, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2015
I dont realy want to drop an anime if its bad ı just give it a bad score or not upload on my list at all.
Aug 2, 2016 2:14 PM
Apr 2016
I used to think that way. I'm so glad I didn't drop DGM even through the first half was kinda bad. At least with DGM the first 50 episodes had cool anime openings. But I started dropping anime after Clannad. People hyped it so much and it never got better for me so from then I decided if anime didn't at least seem interesting in some way... I would drop it.
Aug 2, 2016 2:20 PM
May 2012
CrashD said:
I would assume that if I were watching an anime with hundreds of episodes and I didn't like it, I'd probably not finish it. HOWEVER, whenever I look at user pages on MAL, they all have dropped a ton of anime. Were they really that bad that you couldn't watch it?

Maybe it's just because I have a lot of free time, especially during summer break, but I don't ever drop anime. One reason is that I am very open to any kind of anime, so it's really hard to make a scenario that wouldn't interest me in some way, but the main reason is that I can't judge how good an anime is by just watching a few episodes or even half of them. I need to see all of the episodes to fully judge the show. I'd rather watch an entire anime and have it be shit than possibly miss a great story.

Some shows start off slow and boring, but eventually get really amazing (Soul Eater). Others start of great, but eventually turn to complete shit (Deadman Wonderland). So people who are saying that they only give an anime three episodes or even one episodes look really snobby to me. You might have missed a few really good anime.

My exact same feeling. I would've called that an unacceptable excuse when it comes to dropped anime.

For example macross delta. I have no idea why I'm obssesed with that show right now although it started with slow pace but it's getting more interesting again after halfway episodes.
JafriZinAug 2, 2016 4:06 PM
Aug 2, 2016 3:08 PM

Nov 2011
Nico- said:
Hi

Hey Non-Dropper,

Last season I had a severe case of burnout with Endride. Do you think you could watch it so I know if it becomes less excruciatingly boring later on? Or maybe you could give me advice on how to finish?

Thanks,
Dropper.
Aug 2, 2016 9:17 PM
Feb 2014
TripleSRank said:
Nico- said:
Hi

Hey Non-Dropper,

Last season I had a severe case of burnout with Endride. Do you think you could watch it so I know if it becomes less excruciatingly boring later on? Or maybe you could give me advice on how to finish?

Thanks,
Dropper.

what's an endride

i don't know this anime
Aug 2, 2016 9:32 PM

Feb 2014
Until recently, I too was the only one in the entire world who didn't drop a single anime, since the completionist in me wouldn't let me. But somethings just aren't worth the time. Especially tedious long ass shows with no end in sight.
Aug 2, 2016 10:48 PM

Jun 2016
Well, everybody had their own taste. you can't judge that 4 that, right? it's all up to them to drop some anime they just barely watch or not and i can't judge it either, though.
Mushoku Tensei is the best harem light novel out there and Rudeus is my man'. . .
Aug 2, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2015
In the past I used to have the same mentality of not dropping a show because it's a small time commitment and it could end up being good. I stopped doing that when I realized there are literally HUNDREDS of anime that I'll actually enjoy watching and not have to struggle to get through. If you're watching a show and it doesn't entertain you, there's literally no reason to continue watching it. I don't think I drop as frequently as many others do and I usually do give a few episodes for a series to hit it's stride but I no longer watch something to completion if I feel nothing for the series after an hour of watching it.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

75 by Catalano »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 4 minutes ago

0 by nishant0 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 6 hours ago

14 by Rairuchela »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

977 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 12 hours ago

20 by Rinenka »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.