Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2016 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
Ikoma... Was that silly haircut, behaviour and the Megaman arm really necessary?
Anyway, good episode.
Jun 23, 2016 5:48 PM

Jul 2010
Thank god the next episode is the finale, this anime have been an even more trainwreck after Biba got introduced and I couldn't care any less about Mumei who feels like being the real protagonist of this...
Jun 23, 2016 5:56 PM

Dec 2015
First off, I hate Biba with for the shit he's done but let's be honest this man deserves evil genius of the year award. His plan has been absolutely flawless so far and well executed.

Second, I'm loving Ikoma's new look fucking gorgeous

Third, that ED song <33
Jun 23, 2016 5:57 PM

May 2016
Dammit, I feel like all of this could've actually been good if Biba's character was properly build up and his motives explained in more detail, Like I actually want to know how Biba lived until his mind got screwed beyond repair...
HyperLJun 23, 2016 6:43 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 23, 2016 6:03 PM

Dec 2012
R.I.P Takumi. The Shogun just as ruthless as Biba. Biba killing his father & instilling fear into everyone.
Another massacre. Mumei becoming a Black Smoke & Ikoma getting a new haircut & power boost.
Kurusu returns.
Time to kill Biba & save Mumei.
1 ep left.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 23, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Finally Biba can die next episode and this trainwreck can come to an end.

Tenth said:
Thank god the next episode is the finale, this anime have been an even more trainwreck after Biba got introduced and I couldn't care any less about Mumei who feels like being the real protagonist of this...

Truer words have never been spoken.
Jun 23, 2016 6:09 PM
Jun 2016
Is it me? Or does Ikoma look like IRON MAN???
Jun 23, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2010
Ikoma always grasps at slim hopes - challenging the ruling order, covertly collecting Kabane hearts to try to figure out the disease, promising to make Mumei human and eradicate the virus. Yet it never even occurs to him that Mumei, Perfect Kabane Slaughter Machine, would only miss his heart if she intended to. Has to wait for it to be pointed out to him, so that he can have his All Is Lost despair arc.

Great breakdown by Sapewloth.

A comment from another site:

天国の罪-Retro D said:
Genius? Hardly. Don't get it twisted. It's not that Biba is smart, it's that every other character is MADE to be stupid. It's a writing trick for when you lack the imagination to come up with a decent idea, or in this case an entire workable plot. As an example, the radio transmission was just one of many stupid ideas. But, because all the characters went with it, it gets accepted (barely). The knife used, the way he was about to be killed, all was made to simply follow route to the bad writing. According to the era, what weapon would've been used? Who would have carried out the execution? These were all changed just to make it possible for the Shogun to prick his finger. Lack of imagination made a whiny spoiled unintelligent brat a genius. This is just sad.

I don't see a case for "spoiled" or "unintelligent," but it does bring to mind the Joker's supernatural ability to perfectly set things up in The Dark Knight without ever having a mishap, like sneaking hundreds of explosive barrels into those ferries.

It is just another example of events being forced to go Biba's way, just to further the story, a trend which began all the way back in episode 1 with the design of the city. (For any who haven't read it before, a real city in that situation would be designed with basic security to prevent what happened. For example, a sharp turn in its entrance rail, where any out-of-control speeding train would fly off the rails in a direction away from the city.)
Jun 23, 2016 6:23 PM

Mar 2013
So, they couldn't explain where the fuck Kurusu's been the last like 3 episodes, or who the fuck that guy he had with him was, nor can they explain how Ikoma ended up on the beach, all because they had to make up for the lack of pointless murder last episode by cramming it all into this one? Fuck me, even when the nazis killed innocent people for sport, it wasn't as bad as this episode.

And before anybody gets on my case saying it's perfectly logical for Ikoma to have been washed downriver and then washed up on a beach, and that I'm an idiot for not having been able to infer that, shut the fuck you apologist twat, the disconnect in the setting is confusing and disorienting, a better show would have shown a brief cut of him going downriver and where the river meets the larger body of water, but no, this show absolutely needed every last possible second showing people being mass murdered for absolutely no fucking reason.

Fuck this shit.
Jun 23, 2016 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
Dammit, I feel like all of this could've actually been good if Biba's caracter was properly build up and his motives explained in more detail, Like I actually want to know how Biba lived until his mind got screwed beyond repair...

Hope someone translates the prequel novels then since that's where his story will be told
Jun 23, 2016 6:33 PM
Apr 2016
No reason destruction....
I thought I was watching Guilty Crown
tavog96Jun 23, 2016 6:40 PM
Jun 23, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
fst said:
So, they couldn't explain where the fuck Kurusu's been the last like 3 episodes, or who the fuck that guy he had with him was, nor can they explain how Ikoma ended up on the beach, all because they had to make up for the lack of pointless murder last episode by cramming it all into this one? Fuck me, even when the nazis killed innocent people for sport, it wasn't as bad as this episode.

And before anybody gets on my case saying it's perfectly logical for Ikoma to have been washed downriver and then washed up on a beach, and that I'm an idiot for not having been able to infer that, shut the fuck you apologist twat, the disconnect in the setting is confusing and disorienting, a better show would have shown a brief cut of him going downriver and where the river meets the larger body of water, but no, this show absolutely needed every last possible second showing people being mass murdered for absolutely no fucking reason.

Fuck this shit.

The guy he had with him? You seriously didn't know who that was? It was the scientist guy with the hand crank minigun from episode 9 that he knocked off the train.
Jun 23, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
fst said:

Fuck this shit.

The guy he had with him? You seriously didn't know who that was? It was the scientist guy with the hand crank minigun from episode 9 that he knocked off the train.

I wasn't sure, there's a lot of evil looking old dudes in this show, none of whom get any sort of characterization, so sue me if that's the only way I could have identified him.
Jun 23, 2016 6:42 PM

May 2016
fst said:
So, they couldn't explain where the fuck Kurusu's been the last like 3 episodes, or who the fuck that guy he had with him was.

Did you forget? The old guys is the mad scientist that works for Biba and loves doing experiments with kabane, we see him for the first time on episode 8. On episode 9, Kurusu confront the mad scientist in order to protect Ayame and then both of them fall into the "abyss". What can be obviously concluded is that, right after the stuff from ep9 happened, Kurusu apprehended the mad scientist, picked a motorcycle and departed to the place the train was going to(I don't remember the name). Which lead to this episode, where he meets Ikoma in the middle of his travel...

EDIT: Annnnnnnd someone already explained to you in a much faster manner...I have to stop putting so much effort into my explanations...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 23, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2014
YES! Ikoma is literally Ash from the Evil Dead now with his gun arm. This was the best episode so far and I already said that last week! The start and finish were perfect. I've still got my fingers crossed for a 2nd season but it looks like it could all come to end next Thursday!

For what ever reason I find myself loving this show all the more because it does right the things that AoT really struggles with like proper set up and character development. Biochemical warfare, terrorism, and mass murder, this episode was one of the most well done things I've seen in a while. I can't wait for next week!!! What an epic set up!
noGiAnimeJun 23, 2016 6:53 PM
Jun 23, 2016 6:59 PM

Oct 2014

Way to make Ikoma look like Miley Cyrus..

Jun 23, 2016 7:10 PM
Jun 2016
amazing and epic chapter ! :v xd
Jun 23, 2016 7:26 PM

Dec 2013
RIP Shogun. The man died an idiot.

Ikoma's transformation was really wtf but has me hyped for the next episode.
Jun 23, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2010
LordPerucho said:

Way to make Ikoma look like Miley Cyrus..

now that you mentioned he does look like a lesbian...

finally the trainwrecck will reach it's final stop next week and i jsut hope it goes up in flame ina pretty dank fireball of plot armor and obvious rip-offs

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Jun 23, 2016 7:35 PM

Mar 2014
so this anime doesnt relate to zombie killing anymore.
Jun 23, 2016 7:40 PM

Sep 2014
Man that was hype.

hair cut looks fresh.
Jun 23, 2016 7:50 PM
May 2016
So many people bitching then don't hype up a series -_- if you won't like it in the end but no one ever learns
Jun 23, 2016 7:58 PM

May 2016
BlazeWho said:
So many people bitching then don't hype up a series -_- if you won't like it in the end but no one ever learns

Like people would know they wouldn't like a series without watching it first......
Jun 23, 2016 7:59 PM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one playing the terminator theme when Ikoma started to transform?
Dun-dun dun dun-dun.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jun 23, 2016 8:02 PM
Jun 2010
Jesus, that ending... Will this be over next episode? Really? :o
Jun 23, 2016 8:10 PM

Nov 2013
So, Ikoma now has a weird haircut, too. He's finally on a par with Biba.

It seems like, Biba really wants to destroy that place. They should have flat out make him say that he wants to destroy everything, instead of this liberation nonsense.

And his hunters are totally retarded or just don't give a shit. Don't they realize, that there will be nothing left, if Biba succeeds?

Ikoma's transformation was nice. I hope his resolve and strength lasts longer than last episode. I want him to smash blonde guy's face in.

Also good to see Kurusu again. I like him more than Ikoma at this point.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 23, 2016 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
3/4 of this episode.

BLmatsu said:
MAN I CAN't wait for next week's episode. It's been a fun ride. I love the last scene.

Reminded me of the episode in Trigun that signaled the change of mood for the series. Can't really say much past that. Apart from uniform change of Ayame and Biba, and the aforementioned scene it felt cheesy and rushed. The series as a whole kinda let me down with the introduction of Biba, but I guess it's better than most shit from the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Darklight0303 said:

I really went on without remembering how Ayame's lapdog was separated from the rest. Pretty convenient a seemingly important researcher or whatever of Biba's went MIA without a hitch, but then again the area wasn't secure so the two Hayojiros had to move out quickly, so eh.
QWERTYFish25Jun 23, 2016 8:28 PM
Jun 23, 2016 8:41 PM

Oct 2015
This anime had the potential to be good but was ruined by the introduction of Biba and his retarded followers. It actually really sucks because I really enjoyed it up to that point.
Jun 23, 2016 8:50 PM

May 2011
I guess I'm one of the few who found this episode to be alright... To me, Biba is just someone who snapped after his childhood experience with his father and I'm actually able to accept that.
Jun 23, 2016 8:53 PM

May 2010
i couldnt stand 90% of the episode. glad this is over next week . Biba turned this show into shit.
Jun 23, 2016 8:57 PM
Aug 2014
Badass Ikoma best Ikoma.

If Ikoma kills Biba, saves Mumei, and dies doing it, this series is getting a 10 from me.

The moment Biba dies will be so satisfactory.
Jun 23, 2016 8:57 PM
Jun 2013
man, Ikoma!!! Can't wait til next week's episode... ma god!
Jun 23, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2015
Things are going to be amazing for the last episode I feel. Please, please kill Biba, I hate him so much. He makes me so mad every time he's on screen. If Mumei doesn't get saved, 1/10.
Jun 23, 2016 9:02 PM

Nov 2014
I like his haircut
Hi there
Jun 23, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2008
So...Ikoma becomes Ash Williams from Dead Rising. Cool new look too, even if he's going to die by the end of it all. Looks like next episode is going to be a Hamlet style ending, with most of the people dying. But Ikoma knew what he was getting himself into when he took the vile, so he's already a dead man walking....more so than before.
Jun 23, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know why Ikoma cut his hair. I mean, it's cool BUT WHY? Anyway, Takumi is dead so I'd be like "FUCK EVERYTHING!" and use up my entire life force too. Save Mumei, destroy Biba and meet ya' best friend in the afterlife. Sounds like a plan

Edit: I know it's probably to get the hair out of his face but you'd think he'd do that WAY back when he had a chance and wasn't on a time limit.

Aug 2008
While I hate Biba just like everyone else, I'm probably in the minority in thinking that the series is more interesting with him (you know... as a villain you love to hate kind of thing).

That Shogun though... smh. He never trusted Biba to begin with, but yet he lets Biba, along with his whole army, inside the city walls without questioning?

Ikoma is getting badass now. Normally, I would have just rolled my eyes at that final scene as another "I've gotta save my friends, so now all of a sudden, I get this incredible power boost that will make me just strong enough to take down the bad guys" shounen plot device, but even then, I can't wait for the conclusion of this series with great anticipation.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

Jan 2011
xahjun said:
To me, Biba is just someone who snapped after his childhood experience with his father and I'm actually able to accept that.

At most, to me, that was only an indication to things to come. His father came off schizophrenic when he went off about "fear" or some shit being the reason he stabbed him out of the blue. Up until that point it was pretty much the point of being left to die, isolated that set him on that path, but even then there was no indication as to why, Biba's group was quite successful at that point. I guess it chalked up to him being "prodigious" or some crap as usual. Don't understand the apparent bouts of abuse he suffered as a child. His father didn't come off as particularly gluttonous in the sense of power either. If it was fear of being outdone or being betrayed that drove him to abandon his son at that point I must've missed it. That scene with Biba being wounded as a child felt more like an attempt to make us pity or empathize with him, which pretty much went out the window in the second episode he was featured in.

guyklc said:
He never trusted Biba to begin with, but yet he lets Biba, along with his whole army, inside the city walls without questioning?
No they once again used the pretty face of the inheritor of the Kotetsujo as a means of creeping in side, the hunters' flagtrain (or whatever) followed after the attack on the gate in the midst of the ensuing chaos.
QWERTYFish25Jun 23, 2016 9:25 PM
Jun 23, 2016 9:23 PM

Sep 2013
pussy MC is pussy..and what did I expected from the people who made Guilty Crown anyway..?
1/5 ep
this is what happens when you gather the wreck of twelve motherfucking train and two Boeing 777 airplanes in one anime.. a Junk yard...>_>
kanarazukarasuJun 23, 2016 9:35 PM
Jun 23, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
Jotakak said:
I don't know why Ikoma cut his hair. I mean, it's cool BUT WHY? Anyway, Takumi is dead so I'd be like "FUCK EVERYTHING!" and use up my entire life force too. Save Mumei, destroy Biba and meet ya' best friend in the afterlife. Sounds like a plan

Edit: I know it's probably to get the hair out of his face but you'd think he'd do that WAY back when he had a chance and wasn't on a time limit.
I think it's because when he realized he could still potentially save Mumei he became very ashamed of himself for breaking down and felt the need to change himself to become someone he could be proud of.
Jun 23, 2016 9:55 PM

Jul 2012

Ikoma looks pretty hot doesn't he? I'm beginning to wonder if the theory of Kabane nuclear fusion is true. The scientist even compared the use of the black blood to the burning of a candle. Maybe this means if someone's bullet bounces off Ikoma's heart next episode he will retaliate by shooting some of that inner energy at them. XD

Jan 2014
Phoebe3315 said:
Jotakak said:

I think it's because when he realized he could still potentially save Mumei he became very ashamed of himself for breaking down and felt the need to change himself to become someone he could be proud of.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Dec 2014
Pretty decent episode.

Biba ended up killing the Shogun as expected. People turning on others due to the paranoia cause by fear, What is Biba trying to do here? Genocide? He's been ruthlessly decimating multiple stations, Seems to me like he wants to just destroy.

Sad to see Ikoma crying, Glad he was finally able to overcome it thanks to Kurusu's little pep talk.

That ending though, Ikoma looked so cool. Wonder if he'll survive through this.
Also Ayame looked good in that white dress :3

Finale next week, I guess the show will end with Ikoma killing BIba and saving Mumei and so in the end the threat of Kabane will not be any less than when we first started out in the show.
I suppose the whole "I will destroy all the Kabaneri" was put on the back-burner to deal with Biba and his so called revolution.

Jan 2011
Yea, the hairstyle change is a bit of a shorthand for a character becoming a better person, even if they just let it grow back into the exact same style a few episodes later.
Jun 23, 2016 9:56 PM
Jan 2013
The writer just don't give a fuck anymore.
Boring cliche/10
Jun 23, 2016 9:58 PM

May 2011
QWERTYFish25 said:
xahjun said:
To me, Biba is just someone who snapped after his childhood experience with his father and I'm actually able to accept that.

At most, to me, that was only an indication to things to come. His father came off schizophrenic when he went off about "fear" or some shit being the reason he stabbed him out of the blue. Up until that point it was pretty much the point of being left to die, isolated that set him on that path, but even then there was no indication as to why, Biba's group was quite successful at that point. I guess it chalked up to him being "prodigious" or some crap as usual.

Yeap I see your point. But me being a shallow person, I'm able to take it in as "he somehow manage to pull through and become successful to be able to pull out all these stunts". I'll only judge if they tell the story of that (which probably not?), if not I'm able accept it as it is.

Don't understand the apparent bouts of abuse he suffered as a child. His father didn't come off as particularly gluttonous in the sense of power either. If it was fear of being outdone or being betrayed that drove him to abandon his son at that point I must've missed it.

Well I don't really see him being abused as well. But being slashed randomly out of no where, just once, to a kid is sufficient for me to imagine that kid going mad ow whatever. Also, pardon me if can't recall the scenes well, but maybe Biba left the place on his own accord after he gain some fighting/survival skills? Or maybe after he gained some power, able to lead some troops to retaliate? These were just my assumptions though, there may be scenes (which I don't remember) that contradicts my assumption so do excuse me from that haha.

That scene with Biba being wounded as a child felt more like an attempt to make us pity or empathize with him, which pretty much went out the window in the second episode he was featured in.

Now that you mention it, I do see your point after watching it the second time. Initially it didn't really felt like it was an attempt to sympathize with him since I didn't even feel anything for him at all haha, shallow me is shallow
Jun 23, 2016 10:01 PM

Nov 2015
Ikoma is going Evil Dead up in here.

Except instead of a chainsaw he has a steam gun.
Jun 23, 2016 10:16 PM

Feb 2016
For a great satisfactory ending, we need:

- Fucking Biba dies painfully or by Mumei (he will die anyway but these two are the best)
- Mumei dies by Ikoma
- Both Ikoma and Mumei die

Whichever of those options would be great.
Jun 23, 2016 10:23 PM

May 2012
Me when I first started watching this anime:
This might actually be a half decent show. High hopes don't let me down!
*finishes watching up to the end of episode 11 of Koutetsujou no Kabaneri*
Sh**, everything has gone to sh**!
Not looking forward to the final episode at all.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 23, 2016 10:36 PM
Nov 2012
Bleh i thought the show had something more when mumei seemed so interesting. I still don't buy why you would sign up to destroy your civilization all for a whim. Likewise, why not just stage a coup with your trick. Why rule a kingdom of ashes for no reason.

Well executed at least.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

931 by Gunders »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.