Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2016 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyed the first season. Going to watch season 2 for sure. And damn I love the ED song so much

Overall for me a 7/10. First half wasn't that good
Jun 22, 2016 1:23 PM
Jan 2016
Fai said:
TouchYou said:
gonna miss this one really and any news of s2 release anyone?

It has always set up as 26 episode split cour show, so the second cour will air in the fall.

well thanks @fai for ur information

Jun 22, 2016 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
I had no idea this was already confirmed to be a 2 cour show so that's a pleasant surprise
Jun 22, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
I LOVE HANAKANA!!
Hi there
Jun 22, 2016 1:37 PM

Sep 2015
Really AWESOME episode! Bungou is my favourite spring anime, it's pretty refreshing. It had everything i like: really good characters, awesome abilities, awesome fights. Can't freaking wait for S2 maaaaaaaan!
Jun 22, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2015
I really liked this episode! It's a shame the middle of show wasn't as consistently good as the rest. I'd give this a 5 or 6/10.
Jun 22, 2016 2:06 PM
Jun 2016
I loved this whole season, & I can't wait for season 2 it's going to be amazing! I gave this episode a 4 out of 5 just because I thought they would make this episode a little more epic but at least we get to see The Port Mafia Leader & The Guild Association. When this show comes back for season 2 a lot of stuff is going to go down & I can't wait!!!
Jun 22, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2015
It's the end of the first season !
Really good anime so far (plot, art, animation, character development are all great)

HanaKana <3
I didnt't expect the "mad scientist" to be the leader tho
Jun 22, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2013
Just like it was in the manga, this was a rushed waste of an interesting power.

This adaptation was far too good for its incredibly poor source material... although this improved greatly from the manga, there's only so much you can do when you start with something so terrible. 4/10
Jun 22, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2015
This was a nice finale to the first cour of the show. It was cool to introduce another organization, the Guild. And the Lucy fight was really cool! Strangely, Lucy's dimension kind of reminded of the Abyss from Pandora Hearts, with how creepy it looked. It was a nice reveal when they showed the ex-surgeon was the boss of Port Mafia. It makes me really excited for the second cour.

Also, @Fai, thank you so much for posting all that information about the characters in this show and their real life counterparts. It may amaze you that the author of Bungou Stray Dogs has done his research, but it amazes me how you've done your research too, and are kind enough to share it with those of us too lazy to look it up on our own. Thanks again!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jun 22, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2015
That was an interesting way to end the series. All in all, it kept me entertained. I hope they're planning a second season! ≧◡≦
Jun 22, 2016 3:20 PM

Jan 2015
heh, as a D.Gray-Man fan, I couldn't help to notice Lucy's chamber illusion looks very similar to Road Kamelot's ability. a cute and terrifying parallel place where she makes the rules.

yay for second cour! looks like there's so much yet to happen. looking forward to it. :D
Jun 22, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
6/10 .. average overall beginning was pretty bad and comedy was bland
Jun 22, 2016 3:59 PM

Jun 2014
Looking foward to S2, really liking how the MC is starting to gain control over his ability aswell.

Ahhshiet maffia boss reveal, scared the hell outta the ex-maffia gril
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2016 4:04 PM

Dec 2015
Kyouko x Atsushi might be the most awkward couple of the year but I like it. Side note I wonder what Mori's ability is poor girls were scared to death. P.S. Elise is adorable!!!
Jun 22, 2016 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
Wow I totally forgot about the confirmed split cour, I was wondering why they ended so openly, then I remembered the second season and felt stupid.

I like Mori's character, and am interested to see how he's developed next season. Overall though it wasn't much of a suprise that he was the Mafia's leader considering the picture he took out had Elise, who was already shown in the presence of the leader. Plus, he's the only other character that they made conspicuous so he obviously holds some importance as a character and also to progress the plot. Oh and let's not forget that as soon as Kyouka saw him, she grabbed Atsushi's shirt and started clinging. We couldn't see her face yet but the simple motion of grabbing someone else suggested she felt in danger and unsafe, and that she reached to Atsushi for assurance and comfort. Then it showed her freaking terrified face and I was like "yep he's the Mafia boss"

Felt bad for Anne and am worried for her too, hope she doesn't get killed off.

Can't wait for season 2!
Atsushi x Kyouka for life~
gust11Jun 22, 2016 4:10 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 22, 2016 4:09 PM

Dec 2012
Great final episode to end the season. The Guild sure don't mess around. They made a building disappear.
Nice to hear Kana Hanazawa as Lucy. She does the creepy voice so well. That smile of hers really scared me. Hope we see more of her in future episodes.
Her ability is quite powerful & freaky. Anne is quite fast grabbing Tanizaki.
The mysterious guy giving some advice to Atsushi & manages to stop Lucy with the help of Tanizaki.
Rintarou/ Mori turns out to be the leader of the Port Mafia. He seems powerful, even Lucy was shaking in fear.
Overall an enjoyable show. Lets see what season 2 gives us in the Fall.
8/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 22, 2016 4:12 PM

Oct 2012
MagnaMoon said:
That was an interesting way to end the series. All in all, it kept me entertained. I hope they're planning a second season! ≧◡≦
This has already been confirmed as a split-cour, so Season 2 is fall 2016~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 22, 2016 4:44 PM
Sep 2015
This episode was one of the best l have ever seen in this series, and I liked most of them. I love how they show the development of some characters among other things. The OSTs are pretty amazing too, I like the opening and I'm really obsessed with the ending. Honestly, during these weeks I was just waiting to the Wednesday night's to see bsd, it made my days.

Can't wait to see how this continues, tho l think I will read the manga pretty soon.
Jun 22, 2016 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
Kyouka was scared shitless there. Guess she knows that he's the Port Mafia Boss? But literally froze on the spot without being able to say anything.

Great episode, especially with the new appearance of "The Guild"

9/10.
Jun 22, 2016 5:31 PM

Dec 2013
After a few weeks of silly antics between the Agency and the Port Mafia, we're introduced to the show's big bad organization. In a way, I loved their motivation for performing their acts of terror (their desire for the permit for their secret organization) simply because it seems rational and perfectly on the level.

I cannot get over just how cute Hyouka was this episode, first acting as the dutiful waifu making breakfast and all that, then that great back hug on Atsushi at the end there. Too cute!
Of course we also have the borderline incestuous Tanizaki siblings, whose relationship I still don't quite get, but is funny all the same. Naomi had that smug look on her when Junichirou shriveled up in embarrassment thinking about what they did the night before... :P

Then there's Francis Scott Fitzgerald who didn't really do much but talk big and wave his wealth around like a baseball bat. Given the reputation Lucy stated that they have, I wonder if she'll go back to them now, or if she's already been tossed aside as a character (would love to see her back in some sort of capacity).

What I'm really interested in is that ability of Mori. Vita Sexualis was it? Whatever does that do? XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 22, 2016 5:48 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The first half was meh but it became more and more interesting in the second half !

7/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 22, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2014
Really how they introduced the boss of the Port Mafia and how they set it up for the second cour.

Solid episode and overall I really enjoyed the first cour quite a lot..7.5/10 from me. The comedy bits were a bit excessive in the first half of the show which I don't think it molded well with the serious tone that it tried to portray.
Jun 22, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2015
Was a good final episode to make us "want more" plus that Port Mafia Leader he looks badass, waiting Season 2, HYPE!

Overall 8/10
Jun 22, 2016 6:41 PM

Jun 2010
Average at best.

Worst part for me is Dazai's character. What a way to make fun of a serious disease like depression and the real Dazai's death and desperation. No fun at all.

5/10.
Jun 22, 2016 6:44 PM

Nov 2014
What Vita Sexualis is....it hasn't been shown anywhere (manga or light novel). Having read the actual book though I hope his ability doesn't have anything to do with the book's content. If anything, i think Vita Sexualis would be like, Mori using science/logic to defeat his opponent. Dazai does call him the "embodiment of logic". But yeah, that's just my guess lol

I honestly cannot wait for season two. The material mostly used for this season was pretty weak (or maybe i'm just biased? I've read both and I think the light novel is superior to the manga) and i can't wait for the actual bad guys to show up. It would be interesting to see how they'd interpret the western authors.

I hope they can squeeze soukoku in those 13 episodes next october ;o;
Jun 22, 2016 6:46 PM
May 2016
Nice way to end this first cour. Introduced the new group who'll oppose the agency, which is the guild. Also the mafia boss made kyouka froze in fear and can't say anything, just looking at him, looks like the mafia boss is so terrifying. So yeah the next cour will be the battle between agency, mafia, and guild, looking forward to it.
Jun 22, 2016 6:59 PM
Sep 2015
Great finale! Good to see some authors I know for once (Francis Scott Fitzgerald, Lucy Maude Montgomery). The Port Mafia's boss reeks of awesome, and is definitely a more interesting character than Akutagawa.

Solid 8/10 for this season, and can't wait for the next one.
Jun 22, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2014
okk... The finale did leave me hanging and wanting to see more...great way to end it all
Jun 22, 2016 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
Looking forward to season two. I hate how it got me pretty hooked near the final arc, and now I have to wait. >.>
Jun 22, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
decent episode, show was average to say the least if only the comedy was as good as the visuals.

who knows seeing how it progressively got a bit better season to could be worth watching.

6/10 for now
Jun 22, 2016 8:20 PM

Sep 2015
The reveal at the end, I was like, waaaaaaaaaaaaaat. This series was alright, it had its moments but also was kind of boring at the same time. I wasn't really wantig a second season but the little twist ar the end peaked my interest.

6/10 Kyouka is too cute
Jun 22, 2016 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
Erased teacher is back xDDDDDDDD

Well... It was pretty awesome to see the boss of port mafia
Jun 22, 2016 9:49 PM

Sep 2014
That was a pretty good last episode, hopefully they can keep that intensity in season 2.
Jun 22, 2016 9:57 PM

Feb 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Lmao mafia boss just chillin watching atsushi fight till he had to use his ability which is super creepy btw.

He did not use his ability. He froze Lucy and Anne by his gaze only, which is seriously deadly. Although if you notice carefully, you will see he has red eyes and red means danger :P
Jun 22, 2016 9:59 PM

Feb 2016
Fai
You forgot about Mori's ability, Vita Sexualis
Jun 22, 2016 10:33 PM

May 2015
no more comment, this show was absolutely amazing
9/10, -1 point for cliffhanger, this is just too short!!!!! i want more!!!!
Jun 22, 2016 10:39 PM

Nov 2012
well this was a pretty good cliffhanger for the 2nd cour i suppose, although i don't think i'm going to watch any more of this.
6/10 from me
Jun 22, 2016 11:05 PM

Jan 2015
That was such an interesting episode. There were so much suspense when Kenji or Naomi disappeared. The Lucy character was so awesome, she was so scary at times, hope I'm not the only one. The whole scene with Anne was so awesome.

All scenes with Kyouka were great especially the last one when she was worried.

The Port Mafia leader Mori was so great too. Like really cool, that was such a surprise that he was Port Mafia leader, i bet he is the strongest character in the series.

Also can't believe I didn't notice Hanazawa Kana's voice, it was so different.

I didn't read the manga, but i really liked the anime. 8/10 or 9/10 for me. I guess I'll keep thinking that second part is in 4 months to not feel sad...
Jun 22, 2016 11:27 PM

Oct 2011
amazing first season.
Jun 23, 2016 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
All this time I thought Akutagawa was the Port Mafia leader, especially since they all seem to follow him, but I guess I was just confused. This guy has to be scary if he's stronger than Akutagawa.
Jun 23, 2016 1:05 AM

Jul 2010
The first season is one big exposure. The plot is filled with water. Don't know specifically whether or so in the anime it happened, because the manga didn't read. But the last episode was expecting more. Well, the second season should look.
May be some anime?
Jun 23, 2016 1:08 AM

Jun 2012
Another series that tries too hard, but is shallow no matter what.

4/10
Jun 23, 2016 1:18 AM

May 2015
Aww Kyouka is living with Atsushi now. Kyouka x Atsushi FTW <3

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. 10/10 for me.

Can't wait for the second season~
Jun 23, 2016 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
Port Mafia's boss was pretty awesome. I look forward to the next cour!
Jun 23, 2016 3:38 AM

Dec 2012
To manga readers (or anyone who might know), is referencing to other anime/manga a thing in Bungo stray dogs?

morshuwarrior said:
I can't help but feel Lucy's ability Anne is a reference to Akage no Anne. Not just because of the name, but the hairstyle, haircolor and even the hat on the puppet... hmmmm...

Anyway, awesome episode. Overall a solid 7/10 for the whole show. It's a good show, but nothing outstanding to me.
zal said:
Good episode and I like the idea of not making a fake finale as some shows try to do with their last episode of a season even if the show is not ending.

When I first saw the boss I thought of Okabe (mc of Steins;Gate) but when the little blond girl called him Rintarou I was confused for a moment. Is this a reference in the novel too?
Karma must be a woman, men just can't be that bitchy.
Jun 23, 2016 3:44 AM

Sep 2015
This episode was epic, Guild is interesting if that was an apprentice they could be quite strong. Lucy was an interesting character as well. Great way to end a season, looking forward to this second cour. This anime started off weak to me, but every episode got better. Sign for great things to come.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jun 23, 2016 4:48 AM

Jul 2014
I liked this show. It made me roll my eyes and mumble "meh just another kiddie show" but it kinda surprised me in the end. There was almost always some kind of plot twist to leave you hanging in their air and this last episode wasn't so bad either.

Looking forward to the second season.
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Jun 23, 2016 5:03 AM

Jul 2007
Tiame said:
To manga readers (or anyone who might know), is referencing to other anime/manga a thing in Bungo stray dogs?

morshuwarrior said:
I can't help but feel Lucy's ability Anne is a reference to Akage no Anne. Not just because of the name, but the hairstyle, haircolor and even the hat on the puppet... hmmmm...

Anyway, awesome episode. Overall a solid 7/10 for the whole show. It's a good show, but nothing outstanding to me.
zal said:
Good episode and I like the idea of not making a fake finale as some shows try to do with their last episode of a season even if the show is not ending.

When I first saw the boss I thought of Okabe (mc of Steins;Gate) but when the little blond girl called him Rintarou I was confused for a moment. Is this a reference in the novel too?

Already answered both in previous page.

Its not referencing other anime.
Jun 23, 2016 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Quite intriguing this last episode, so much to make me want to continue the vision even of the second season. As usual, the narrative is barcamenata between serious and dramatic moments with other rich in humor. Excellent quality of drawings and animations, ditto the soundtrack. It was clear as day that the old man with the white coat doctor's hiding something, but it was clear his identity, when you view the blonde girl he was looking for did not even have in the final presentations.

7/10
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.