Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, a festival theme episode with a date. I think the girls looked adorable although I still find Hamana to be rather annoying at times.

Cute episode though and fireworks~
Jun 20, 2016 4:29 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Again only watched the raw, but fortunately like with 11 I was able to understand most of it. As I kind of expected from the previous episode, there at the end it sounded like Takao was taking advantage of the ambiguity between Ayase's first name and fireworks.

I lost count of how many times they said "12 years old". And those three clowns need stuffed back in their box. But other than that I thought it was a decent way to end the first season, especially with the lead in to what appears to be trouble for Hiyama, given he continues to keep a noticeable distance between himself and Aoi.

And no, Ayase, your yukata did NOT look childish. Tell Kokoa to take a hike.
CratexJun 20, 2016 6:27 PM
Jun 20, 2016 6:59 PM

Aug 2007
I am not the person who makes bully with the nambe of a person, but is fun that Hanabi go with Takao to see the Hanabi (the fireworks).

I don't know how they write "Hanabi" but i can be write, read as "fireworks":花火
Jun 21, 2016 3:09 AM
Jul 2015
This episode is my favourite. Yui met Kazuma's mother and she approves YuiXKazuma XD
Did someone notice the new character? The one with red hair in the middle and the end of the episode. His name is Inaba Mikami, and he goes to the same cram school as Yui.

Jun 24, 2016 2:48 AM

Jul 2009
I was waiting for a kiss in the end, but no...
Now Aoi have another guy to worry about, the red head it's into her.
Gonna watch the 2nd season. 7/10
Jun 24, 2016 8:01 AM
May 2016
I think it was a decent ending for a decent show, nothing more than what I expected. I am still surprised, though, of how fast they forgot about the blonde guy who was like the "boss" of the whole class. Isn't he ever going to appear again? I know most people hated him but I thought he was very interesting and I'd love to see him have more screen time.
Jun 26, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 2015
serefamoso said:
I think it was a decent ending for a decent show, nothing more than what I expected. I am still surprised, though, of how fast they forgot about the blonde guy who was like the "boss" of the whole class. Isn't he ever going to appear again? I know most people hated him but I thought he was very interesting and I'd love to see him have more screen time.

Yeah, I love to see him too =w= I think he will appear as a minor character ._.
Jun 29, 2016 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
It ended with the school festival huh? Well, that's a fine way end this season.
Maybe I'll still watch the second season, And I hope it will be better than this.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 6 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2015
Cute fireworks episode.
I liked the sky in this episode

5/10.

Jul 11, 2016 7:39 AM

May 2014
Am I the only 26 year old thinking that these kids have a cuter and sweeter love life than I have ever had. This show is so sweet, it's causing me to have emotional diabetes. Hiyama's Mom is pretty cool about her 12 year old son having a girlfriend.
Jul 12, 2016 8:04 AM
Dec 2009
Cratex said:
I lost count of how many times they said "12 years old".

They never wanted you to forget that for even a second XD

Hoshi14 said:
Am I the only 26 year old thinking that these kids have a cuter and sweeter love life than I have ever had.

Definitely, I'm really jealous.

Tha hanabi/fireworks joke is getting old but hey. Cutest couple of the season!
Jul 17, 2016 12:08 AM

Jan 2015
This last Episode is just too lovely. Can't wait for the next Season.

That jerk-Trio surely working hard on Ayase's attempt to talk with Takao. But the most disturbing one is Cocoa that calls "backup" at the Festival.
Hiyama's mom is being considerate here for her 12-years old boy. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 17, 2016 1:49 AM
Feb 2015
What an amazing ending for the first cour. This episode was adorable *----* I couldn't contain my 24 year old self from fangirling how sad but who cares Takao x Hanabi are my otp. Though I gotta say I can't decide who takes the trophy for being the most annoying idiot, Cocoa or camera dude from Kuromukuro o__o

Anways final score a 10 xD will be waiting for the next season and I wanna thank Doremi Fansubs for taking some time from there day to sub all 12 episodes you guys are awesome :)
Jul 17, 2016 3:39 AM

Dec 2014
a festival to end it all.... welll that was expected ..... was not expecting a season 2 though
Jul 17, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
8/10
Really good series. They really behaved like kids in their age.
Wonderful art, especially characters design, shading and general quality. I didn't see any 3DCG,which is another '+'.
Can't wait for more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 17, 2016 8:40 PM

May 2010
This had a bit more animation than the rest, but the eyes looked a bit weird at times. Oh well

Takao is so damn cheesy lmao
loved it when Hanabi replayed his message, make him feel embarrassed for once

Love rival huh

Good anime, wouldn't mind watching the S2. 7/10
Jul 20, 2016 1:33 AM

Dec 2012
Smooth moves from Takao at the end. He's always been head and shoulders above everyone else, he's like the adult of the group. Those rare moments where Hanabi gets to tease Takao instead make it all the more adorable though.

Ratohnhaketon. Not 12 years old. Today I watched another sugary episode of 12-sai and could barely handle all of the cuteness! Alright but really this show kept sucker punching me with sweetness. Just a very innocent tale of two first loves and how both Yui x Hiyama and Hanabi x Takao find new ways to get closer. The early episodes gave me the impression that there would be a coming of age aspect as well, but that diminished later on with the focus on the "date of the week" format. Not to complain though, the cute overload kept me in lala land.

7/10

Hoshi14 said:
Am I the only 26 year old thinking that these kids have a cuter and sweeter love life than I have ever had. This show is so sweet, it's causing me to have emotional diabetes. Hiyama's Mom is pretty cool about her 12 year old son having a girlfriend.
I'm 25 and was gushing over this show. Really would have been nice to have had these moments back when I was their age. Hell I'd still like them even now.
Jul 20, 2016 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
Even up to the last episode of this season, the three boys where relentless in gatecrashing Takao & Hanabi!
New Love Rival for the couple Yui & Kauzma!
waiting for Second Season!
4/5.
7/10

Jul 28, 2016 8:54 AM

May 2012
Adorable ending! And I must say that I'm actually quite surprised by this anime as at first I think it would be another too generic slice of life/school anime but well I sure liked that it was just a that bit too adorable to be generic for that :p

So all in all I quite loved this series and I'm sure that I'll love the second season as well!
Jul 28, 2016 1:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hoshi14 said:

You're not alone. I think these kids have a much more sweeter love relationship than most teens today.
Most hispanic parents wouldn't even approve of their daughter having a boyfriend at such a young age. They would say stuff like, "12 años y ya con novio. vas en buen camino".

It's nice to see Hayama's mom approve of his relationship. Hopefully for season 2 we see more of the parents interacting with their children.

1st half of the episode was sort of meh but 2nd half was very lovely. Takao returning the doll with a message, quite clever. Overall the show was decent, it had its cute moments but imo I didn't really like most of the characters.

Aug 3, 2016 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
It's ended with a beautiful festival. I'm so happy that Kokoa didn't follow them because they were able to stay together and it was a lovely ending. New season in October :D.
Even if they have 12 years old, they already have a lot of cute memories in couple. This was a good season :).
Sep 1, 2016 3:00 PM
Sep 2016
It was ok Even if i wanted more cute Scenes of Takao x hanabi hehe ^-^
Sep 4, 2016 9:58 PM

May 2014
There was a lot of forced drama, but the show was still enjoyable enough. Cute characters and even cuter moments, 7/10!
Sep 27, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2009
Hoshi14 said:

You're not alone lol.
My life was pretty crap back then. I think I was just getting bullied a lot or ignored by everyone around me. A show like this almost seemed like a fantasy. haha.

Decent series. I forgot I hadn't finished it yet, so I needed to get on that with the 2nd season coming soon. Pleasant show to watch if you want to get away from some of the depressing and despair-ridden anime out there. I really hated that girl that kept trying to get in the middle of Takao and Ayase's relationship, though. Could have done without her. And honestly, I enjoyed Aoi and Hiyama's relationship more than the main one.

Hiyama's mom is really cute, btw.
Oct 12, 2016 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
It wasn't the best ending for this season as it felt a lot like cliffhanger (and they could easily stop at previous great episode, also no kiss here) but overall the series was good and I can't wait to start watching the second season.

This series really was a nice take on shoujo generally and "being 12, having problems of highschooler/adult" was nice twist, altogether dealing with all the usual cliches of the genre. Really like those characters and wonder how it develops next. A rival, well, it would seem interesting if there already wasn't one but let's hope this one will be different than Hanabi's childhood friend.

btw - I can't help but hate those bunch of students who always acts as cockblockers to them, it's almost like they are bullying them in a sense. But dealing with those darker themes in lighthearted way is also one of strong points of this series.

7/10 S1 Let's hope the S2 continuation would get even better or at least the same as this.
Nov 2, 2016 12:29 PM

Oct 2014
This series is so cringing, cringing, cringing, cringing but cute, cute, cute, cute. FML!
Dec 3, 2016 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
Cute anime. Super unrealistic and wish fulfilling but definitely something I enjoyed.

Will start season 2 when I have time.

Saito Souma's voice is a blessing.

6/10
Mar 10, 2017 5:27 PM

Nov 2007
V Cute, v generic. Glad I watched. I want the 3ds game XD

Apr 1, 2017 6:16 PM

Mar 2017
The couple that cleans together, stays forever. (Hiyama and Aoi)

Damn, Takao is so smooth as always..

Time to watch the season 2!
5/5
8/10

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 7, 2017 6:58 AM

Aug 2011
Sigh... what can I say, Takao is not your average 12 year old. That boy is so charismatic and Ayase is a lucky girl. Hold on to that one, hon.

Season 2 looks promising and I love the anticipated opening; one couple is on for some 'much needed' turbulence.
Aug 30, 2017 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
i'm surprised at how much i didn't hate this show, considering the fact that i absolutely despised the OVA and didn't bother to finish the rest of it

it was cheesy, but still cute.

however, takao is just.. so, so bland, i can't even. other characters were just okay, i didn't particularly like any of the characters or dislike them, but i didddd hate those 3 boys whose eyes never opened and the only purpose they had was to gush over takao's love quotations. they were annoying.

i think it is generic but i didn't dislike it too much, 5/10
Dec 5, 2017 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
Damn what a cute romance! Didn't even know that was the last episode.
Feb 3, 2018 8:41 AM

Feb 2013
That bitch almost ruined their date.
I hope that she won't appear too much in the second season.
Feb 21, 2018 4:58 AM

Sep 2012
park scene, Yuuto u terrible lol, teasing her again by using the word date over & over again (repeating it) lol
Sugram22Feb 21, 2018 5:18 AM
Jun 23, 2019 1:15 AM
Jun 2019
I loved this episode~ Sadly, there was no firework kiss like I was expecting, but it was still a cute episode. My taste for Cocoa has gone from dislike to hate, she is always so annoying, trying to get in the way.
May 1, 2020 6:14 AM
Mar 2018
9:10 NEW CHALLENGER, hmm I wonder who he's gonna aim at, Ah I'm sure it's AOI kekekeh~, prepare yourself for defenses hiyama.
May 1, 2020 6:19 AM
Mar 2018
serefamoso said:
He's back in his crib and won't probably show up anytime soon after the incident. you notice how he's gone because it's been said he was cutting classes since ep.7 to 9 and yes he showed up at tanabana event. then gone for 11 and 12.
May 1, 2020 6:21 AM
Mar 2018
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
Sigh... what can I say, Takao is not your average 12 year old. That boy is so charismatic and Ayase is a lucky girl. Hold on to that one, hon.

Season 2 looks promising and I love the anticipated opening; one couple is on for some 'much needed' turbulence.
I agree with that, we need something new again like tsumitsumi.
May 1, 2020 6:22 AM
Mar 2018
removed-user said:
i'm surprised at how much i didn't hate this show, considering the fact that i absolutely despised the OVA and didn't bother to finish the rest of it

it was cheesy, but still cute.

however, takao is just.. so, so bland, i can't even. other characters were just okay, i didn't particularly like any of the characters or dislike them, but i didddd hate those 3 boys whose eyes never opened and the only purpose they had was to gush over takao's love quotations. they were annoying.

i think it is generic but i didn't dislike it too much, 5/10
Well, they're just kids. that explains.
Sep 1, 2020 12:03 PM
Sep 2020
Honestly, i loved the series. Both season one and two are very good, i like how much i cringe at the romance, and the sad feeling of why more people aren't like this in relationships....anyways, my favourite couple had to be Yui and Hiyama, cause it seems like all they want to do is just be there for each other. I do wish that i could figure out what Takao whispered into Hanabi's ear during the last seconds of the final episode of season 2. In conclusion, not matter how many times i watch this, i will still very much so love it.
Oct 22, 2020 6:05 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
This was very cute and wholesome. I don't think it quite deserve a score as low as it is. I thought I would perhaps be bored but I was engaged the whole time watching it. I guess this is sort of anime that won't appeal to a lot of people.

Also, did anyone else notice that the OST often sounded like nondescript Christmas music - it was kind of distracting.

My favourite part of the whole series was when Hanabi bitch slapped Cocoa into next week. Kazuma is best boy. 7/10

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -

More topics from this board

» Is this the same story as the 2014 OVA?

MrYandereFan26 - Jan 10

1 by Sakura_2345 »»
Jan 12, 6:50 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

30 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 30, 2022 7:17 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

31 by XNohaco2468 »»
Aug 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

94 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 2, 2021 1:32 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.