Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 19, 2016 8:10 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Irene's magic basically changed the landscape and shuffled everyone's location. And now Zeref is with Mavis! Not good, but then Fairy Heart no longer exists so not sure what he'll do. Some other interesting pairings too. Absolutely no shock to see Gajeel again, but he meets with...Zera? Okay Mashima-sensei, you've got my attention. XD

And next week's chapter is called Mother and Child...could that refer to Irene and Erza?
Jun 20, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2013
Lol Gajeel ...

Will be fun to see Darklight once again trying to justify things when Mashima himself gave up ages ago on good storytelling and meaningful death. :D
Jun 20, 2016 1:46 AM

Aug 2013
Irene's magic has changed everyone's location and brought the togeather to end the war quickly and Acnologia has been moved further away so he can't interfere with Zeref's plans. I'm pleased that she didn't beat Acnologia or even on his level or everything up until now would have been meaningless as he is meant to be even more powerful than Zeref.

Gajeel being back shouldn't surprise anyone. Mashima just can't help himself.
Jun 20, 2016 2:13 AM

Jul 2014
I feel nothing.

I generally felt nothing when Gajeel came back.

I didn't feel sad, I didn't feel angry... Nothing.
"Hi!"
Jun 20, 2016 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
Gajeel's return literally doesn't surprise me at all. A bit early for his return though, they should of saved it until the end of the arc.

Ah nice to see Zera again.
Jun 20, 2016 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
well, alright then.
Jun 20, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2013
Of course he was gonna come back, now I wanna see what Mashima will use as a excuse for Gajeel's return, until then I won't say much about it, and also what's up with Zere there? Eileen's spell was pretty good, gotta give probs to that, so pretty decent chapter.
Jun 20, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2013
short_review said:
Lol Gajeel ...

Will be fun to see Darklight once again trying to justify things when Mashima himself gave up ages ago on good storytelling and meaningful death. :D

Well to be fair it's not like you saw him get killed like Igneel, he was sucked in by that thing, his body marely vanished. And we all knew he would come back.
Jun 20, 2016 3:27 AM

May 2015
And poof...magical Gajeel is back - as always.

Zera is fairy? Cool.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 20, 2016 3:28 AM

Dec 2012
Irene changed the whole landscape & moved everyone so that Zeref could get closer to Mavis.
This is not looking good for Mavis.
Gajeel meeting Zera. Lets see how she is going to help him.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 20, 2016 3:36 AM
Sep 2015
yep everyone expected that Fairy Tail members cannot die.
Idea of Eileen's magic is pretty stupid. If it's all random then buildings and also people would be tore apart.
Really Zera is a fairy? Lame. She was just spin off character.

btw I just saw Eileen has c-section scar (I don't see any other reason to put scars on her belly otherwise)
Jun 20, 2016 3:41 AM

May 2012
Even though a lot seemed to have happened, it felt like a really underwhelming chapter, 'specially with Gajeel's fast "revival'

And yeah, interested in the next chapter and its title

Jun 20, 2016 3:42 AM

May 2015
Oh well, Fairy tail being fairy tail with that fan service and Gajeel return, even though I thought he would Acnologia at first. The last page was unexpected .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 4:12 AM

Oct 2014
Gonna go out on a whim and say that Zera is Zeref and Mavis's daughter.

I mean, look at that last page, the resemblance is uncanny.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jun 20, 2016 4:15 AM

Jun 2013
ETX said:

Read Fairy Tail Zero man.
Jun 20, 2016 4:15 AM

May 2013
Zera is back.
Good to know for the anime, because I love HanaKana! xD

My my, Gajeel is back too... what a wonderful and unexpected surprise! XD

*sighs*

I mean, everyone knew, absolutely no surprise.
But I'm highly intrigued by Zera's return and what she's gonna do.
Jun 20, 2016 4:20 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
ETX said:

But we´re dealing with a manga that heavily utilizes timetravel , xD. It´s nothing I´d put past Hiro, honestly he went Kubo with this chapter.

The only way to top this would be Zeref to claim that everything went according to plan. At this point I don´t know , Hiro Mashima trascended humanity too. I can´t predict this guy anymore.

The only thing I could imagine at this point would be that Fairies are the Angels of the FT universe, which are former humans.
IsterioJun 20, 2016 4:24 AM
Jun 20, 2016 4:20 AM

Oct 2014
metsujin said:
ETX said:

Already read it, I'm just suspecting that things aren't as they seem with her, given what we were already told in Zero.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jun 20, 2016 4:26 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

But we´re dealing with a manga that heavily utilizes timetravel , xD. It´s nothing I´d put past Hiro, honestly he went Kubo with this chapter.

The only way to top this would be Zeref to claim that everything went according to plan. At this point I don´t know , Hiro Mashima trascended humanity too. I can´t predict this guy anymore.

That would be too much even for him xD too many different timelines etc... He won't say that since he seems... well not shocked, but he did question Mavis being alive, and he didn't knew Eileen was gonna use that spell, which is a pretty good spell, well thought got rid of Acnologia for a bit (tho he can fly), Zeref is close to FH so it's win.
Jun 20, 2016 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
ETX said:

Already read it, I'm just suspecting that things aren't as they seem with her, given what we were already told in Zero.

Yeah, I don't think Mashima will change that, but I wonder what's up with Zera? I mean is she the illusion that Mavis created? And is her magic that powerful that her wish to see Fairy actually 'created' one? I don't get it.
Jun 20, 2016 4:36 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:

That would be too much even for him xD too many different timelines etc... He won't say that since he seems... well not shocked, but he did question Mavis being alive, and he didn't knew Eileen was gonna use that spell, which is a pretty good spell, well thought got rid of Acnologia for a bit (tho he can fly), Zeref is close to FH so it's win.

I honestly think Mashimas incoherence in his storytelling, suffers from his desire to put in demanded content, no matter the circumstances.
While alot of it is foreshadowed like Zeref being a good guy other develiopments feel rushed or pointless. He plays a game or watches a Movie, witnesses something that´s awesome to him and decides that he wants to add it to his manga immediately, without thinking about the consequences to the story´s pacing or current continuity.

I just can´t make head or tails with the line Zera speaks, why the Fairy of origin?
This sounds to me like he just played too much Tales of and now desperately wanted to add content from that game.
Jun 20, 2016 4:44 AM
Feb 2013
did you notice the snake in the panel??? i think it's a foreshadowing..... dunno...
Jun 20, 2016 4:46 AM

Nov 2010
I`m really disappointed that after all those weeks of countdown, this is the result. I expected something actually interesting, or meaningful for the characters.
Jun 20, 2016 4:46 AM
Sep 2012
Gajeel is alive, oh yeah, Gajeel is alive. I am so happy, I don't give a dam about the hitters who are going to wine and complain no death, we riot, someone must die in Fairy Tail for it to be a legit series, while fewer characters in One Piece and everyone is cool with that. Though if you want death, Makarov might die by the end, if not there is always Ichiya.

So Irene magic, her goal is to step the story along, or the war. In a twisted way, I guess it is a way to show mercy, when think about Zeref marching to Magnolia, he probably kill a lot of people and plants, and animals because of his presence, skipping that, saved some lives. At least that is what she is going to justify when she fights Erza.

So people got messed mass around, in all likely hood the Sorano / Yukino reunion that was so close, has now been pushed back. Dam you Irene, that is one thing to be mad at Irene about.

Finally Zera is here, I wonder is that the real Zera, or the illusion Zera, or some magical fairy that took the form of Zera, doesn't matter she is here to save the day, she in all likely hood is the reason Gajeel is alive, and I am thankful for that, if not, maybe Irene is in directly responsible, in which case it is 1 for 2, she might screwed up the sister reunion, but saved Gajeel.

Next chapter "Mother and Child", it is probably Erza and Irene, now the question as some people have speculated, who is the mother and who is the child, some people think Irene might be from the future. That would be a nice twist, make up for the Silver twist that everyone saw coming. I also find it funny when you have an younger looking person be an older looking person's senor. When they resolve their difference, I would find it funny to see someone that looks like Irene call someone that looks like Erza mommy.
Jun 20, 2016 4:47 AM

Dec 2015
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

I honestly think Mashimas incoherence in his storytelling, suffers from his desire to put in demanded content, no matter the circumstances.
While alot of it is foreshadowed like Zeref being a good guy other develiopments feel rushed or pointless. He plays a game or watches a Movie, witnesses something that´s awesome to him and decides that he wants to add it to his manga immediately, without thinking about the consequences to the story´s pacing or current continuity.

I just can´t make head or tails with the line Zera speaks, why the Fairy of origin?
This sounds to me like he just played too much Tales of and now desperately wanted to add content from that game.

This is exactly how I feel. It almost seems like a mish mosh of content from different games, anime, and manga that he has read recently (before certain chapters he writes) then goes "Wow that is really cool, let me find a way to add this in somehow" without too much forethought too it. I always felt this way, I am glad someone else sees it too xD.

Also, I think Gajeel and Zera are inside fairy heart. Of course Gajeel is probably going to find a way to go back to being alive (rolls eyes).
Jun 20, 2016 4:49 AM

Jan 2009
lol as expected Gajeel is alive

and wow Zera is now real and not just an illusion that only Mavis suppose to see?
Jun 20, 2016 4:53 AM
Sep 2015
the good explanation for Gajeel being alive is not kinda BS. As the portal to underworld (i think it is the place where he supposed to be right now), it also became part of reshuffle of the land of fiore. Not bad.
Jun 20, 2016 4:53 AM
Feb 2013
i do not know what will happen next.....why is zera here??? is she alive or a thought projection?? ughhhh......... all i want is an all out war with awesome battles but yet so many talks and plot twist ........i do not know zeref's motive.......aside from fairy heart... how can mavis fight zeref?? she has only illusion magic ang fairy law.... END AND ACNOLOGIA IS THE ONLY SAVING GRACE OF THIS STORY TELLING ,ALONG WITH SOME OF THE SPRIGGAN(EILEEN,AUGUST,INVEL, LARCADE??).... SORRY FOR THE RANT.
Jun 20, 2016 5:09 AM
Oct 2013
Cejara said:

This is exactly how I feel. It almost seems like a mish mosh of content from different games, anime, and manga that he has read recently (before certain chapters he writes) then goes "Wow that is really cool, let me find a way to add this in somehow" without too much forethought too it. I always felt this way, I am glad someone else sees it too xD.

Also, I think Gajeel and Zera are inside fairy heart. Of course Gajeel is probably going to find a way to go back to being alive (rolls eyes).

Many mangaka do this, but the good ones decide what content makes sense to incorperate into the story and when to put it in. Mashima sees it and puts it in, at least that´s the impression I got.

It´s unlikely that Gajeel is within Mavis heart or in any dimension for that matter, because the landscape around him looks the same as the landscape in every other panel. It´s likelier that he survived because it was space distortion magic that was about to kill him, which was overwritten by the space distortion magic of Irene.
Jun 20, 2016 5:11 AM

Jul 2012
He was dead for 1 chapter, i don't even know if it was 1 chapter ... There is something like 0% that he wouln't be revived, but this is really next level.
Wanted to write for quite some time about how with the popularity of the series author decides to make a spin-off series whether for some characters on demand or some cash if i can say so. I think it's fine if it doesn't affect the main series which in this particular case i see as one of the main problem. I read FT: zero and it was pretty good (i think it might can be considered as part of main story), but for the others ones i just do not care. It's obviously not only this manga, but i think it's not the case and it's FT discussion =/
Oh and there was some oneshot couple days ago (i closed it cause i now really hate fanservice in this series), which instigated me to write paragraph above.
allenjkeJun 20, 2016 5:15 AM
Jun 20, 2016 5:27 AM
Dec 2010
it's funny some of you thought gajeel is dead
have you not learned yet?
Jun 20, 2016 5:31 AM
Jan 2016
I think Zera is the Fairy Heart. That page of spin off could mean that
Jun 20, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2016
For the final chapter in the countdown this chapter was... underwhelming
Jun 20, 2016 6:16 AM

Mar 2014
Why is Zera even in this story? Lol what? All that for a character barely in a spin off?

1/5 chapter

And of course Gajeel wasn't going to die. Tumblr gets soo emotional when it's mind blowing they haven't caught on to Hiro's writing

This arc has been meh. And Irene is still a hamfisted plot device for Erza. And Mira once again gets cheated out of the story. This arc stopped being good since 465
Jun 20, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2013
The ending is so wtf. I'm going to try to wait until the "explanation" to judge this but right now my feelings are fairly mixed.

Irene's magic is pretty crazy. Really curious with how the Zeref and Mavis reunion will go.
Jun 20, 2016 6:30 AM

Sep 2013
Gajeel was pretty sure he was dead. He's back and meets Zera.

The countdown was pretty much the physical reunion of Zeref and Mavis. That's about it. 2 months worth of speculating and anticipation and we get this shit.

This is bad. Really bad.

I'm pretty sure next week's chapter called 'Mother and Child' is the reunion of Bambi and his Mom thanks to Irene's magic.

That's what I think about this war so far.
TehSnawnJun 20, 2016 6:34 AM

Jun 20, 2016 7:02 AM

Oct 2011
Oh well, now it's official - no one ever EVER dies in Fairy Tail

Jun 20, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2015
Really interesting chapter. But the last page... I'm confused. That's it. Just plain old confused.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jun 20, 2016 7:31 AM
Oct 2013
uzee said:
Oh well, now it's official - no one ever EVER dies in Fairy Tail

Well they got Simon. They think! I´ve got a theory, if that comes true Hiro Mashima will be known to history as the biggest troll to ever live, a plottwist Kubo could only dream to write.
Jun 20, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2010
Is it just me or does Zera look like Zeref? Do you think they could be mother and child given the title of the next chapter? Or is she possibly Cana's mother or relative?

Pretty good chapter really like how Irene's power was explained. There should be some unexpected or unforeseen circumstances since this was her first time using it. Maybe that is how Zera is back? I really liked the dialogue between Zeref and Mavis. August seems to have calmed down I am glad he isn't holding what Mest did against Brandish I have come to somewhat like her character.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jun 20, 2016 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
I honestly liked this chapter,
We finally get to see the reunion of Zeref and Mavis,

The outcome of August huge attack(although Natsu was able to tank it due for being heat-type)

Weird, I wonder what that snake with Gray really means, it can't be just a random animal going around since it even got it's own panel, maybe Cobra's new companion?

August with no clothes showing his muscular body AND that just made me think about how much he resembles Asura, and not only that, Asura's mentor's name is Augus(it more than enough to see what Mashima did here) and that just made me even more hyped about August.

I wonder what Irene's going to do with Hisui and Arcadio, not like they stand a chance against her.

Have a feeling that Gajeel is still dead and that's how he can talk/see Zera who is also dead, if he's not dead, then I want to see Braddman there too.

and now what exatcly Zera meant by saying "One of the Fairies of Origin".

Also I want to see what happened with Rahkeid and Dimaria, so a lot of things I'm still looking foward to see.
Jun 20, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
Should've expected to see gajeel come back god dammit
Jun 20, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2012
Did u noticed.....ZERA, ZEREF = TWINS (and UR??)
Zeraf, Natsu= bros, => Zera Natsu = brother and sister,
Zera= origin, Natsu = E.N.D.
Jun 20, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know why everyones so upset about gajeel bring back lol.
Jun 20, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2012
>Gajeel returns before Levy and Lily's tears have even dried up
>World Reconstruction magic is just Brandish 2.0
>All that countdown hype for what's essentially just turning the country into a glorified arena
>The country being shrunken to 1/20 of it's size will likely be treated as a minor inconvenience at best.

I sometimes wonder if Mashima does all of this just to test the patience of his audience.
Jun 20, 2016 8:22 AM
Oct 2013
Osther said:
Did u noticed.....ZERA, ZEREF = TWINS (and UR??)
Zeraf, Natsu= bros, => Zera Natsu = brother and sister,
Zera= origin, Natsu = E.N.D.

This makes as much sense as Zera being Zerefs and Mavis lovechild because Zeref lived 300 years earlier than Mavis or Zera whose Dad at least we got to see.

What´s more intriguing is the fact that Zeira grew as a ghost.
She died as a 6 year old, Mavis created a teenage illusion of her and now she´s even older as a ghost. Ironically resembling an older version of the illusion Mavis created.
IsterioJun 20, 2016 8:31 AM
Jun 20, 2016 8:49 AM

Sep 2013
The magic was a massive area reconstruction and teleportation and Zera was real all along,
Jun 20, 2016 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
So this is Irene's magic..don't think it'll inconveniece them that much.
That Zeref swag.
Doesn't look like Lucy cares anymore about dem boobie grabs heh.
OMG Gajeel is alive!!!!!!!!!! Who would've thought Kappa.
Jun 20, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
Im 100% sure that Gajeel revival is a surprise. I mean Hiro doesnt even try delay his return
Jun 20, 2016 10:23 AM
Apr 2016
I have a really weird question. Is Fiore became 1/20 it's size, what happened to the rest of the area? Forest or void or nether? There so has to be something connecting the country to the rest of the continent right?

Lol, guess what, Gajeel is back. 😂😂😂Called it that he would be back in 5 chapters, but 2???😠😠 Typical fairy tail crap. Don't say he's in hell, cause this is a forest.

Slap in the face, 😠 1/5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.