Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, amazing!

So the next ruler must be female as she must be the priestess for the dragon? Interesting. There were many more interesting lines, so once I get a chance, I will make some screenshots.

Oh, and again no OP & ED :-)
Jun 19, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2015
Just finished the episode. BO HOO no action
;-P
Jun 19, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
orosan said:
enginesofdemise said:
a lot of people on /a/ are saying they completely skipped that scene though

the one where they say about:

Jun 19, 2016 11:09 AM
Nov 2015
Interesting, so Felt makes her reappearance?

I'm guessing this leads into the third arc or is it still part of the second?
Jun 19, 2016 11:10 AM

Mar 2015
Well that's a lot of skipped scenes... actually. Considering this ends on chapter 3, they omitted that Al talk scene, the Rem scene on the end of chapter 2, and some other part in the story (duh... 3 chapters in 1 episode is the fastest adaptation so far)

That Rem scene in the end of chapter 2 is really cute... Rem just came in like a badass and smile beautifully...

「殺しちゃダメだよ?」
「さすが、スバルくんは優しいです。──では、半殺しで」

I mean... they could easily integrate that on next episode... but still...

Hmm... wow, now I need to believe 4chan more.

Jun 19, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
Whaaaaat?!?!? That cliffhangerrrrr

Why Felt? LOL. I love this anime.
Jun 19, 2016 11:11 AM
Jan 2013
Jagd84 said:
orosan said:

the one where they say about:

so Fappa lied to us then
Bad boy
Jun 19, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
Felt <3, The ost in this ep, Was so fucking amazing. Love it
Jun 19, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
Felt being the fifth priestess was so obvious. I don't understand why Reinhard had to knock her out and kidnap her though. Things are getting political!
Jun 19, 2016 11:15 AM

Dec 2009
Fantastic start to the third arc. Super hyped to see how everything plays out with the return of old characters like Reinhard, Rom, and Felt and the inclusion of all these new characters. Subaru is on a not dying streak lately.
Jun 19, 2016 11:19 AM

Mar 2010
Jotakak said:
Felt being the fifth priestess was so obvious. I don't understand why Reinhard had to knock her out and kidnap her though. Things are getting political!

Because she wouldn't have gone with him otherwise since she keep struggling against him.
Iron_MawJun 19, 2016 11:24 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:20 AM
Nov 2015
Jagd84 said:
Jotakak said:

Because she wouldn't have gone with otherwise since she keep struggling against him.

Weirdly enough, I thought it would be Elsa.
Jun 19, 2016 11:23 AM
Nov 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Fantastic start to the third arc. Super hyped to see how everything plays out with the return of old characters like Reinhard, Rom, and Felt and the inclusion of all these new characters. Subaru is on a not dying streak lately.

The other arcs have only been 5-6 episodes each, but considering how many episodes are still left in the series...I'm guessing then, that the third arc is rather long? Unless there will be a fourth arc which is unlikely.
Jun 19, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2012
Felt used to be a thief and now she running for queen. She walked in there like "We made it!"

An alright episode. Looks like we getting into some politics now. Good for me because I like a little politics every now and again.

Seem like Rem has grown very attached to Subaru, only makes sense. I wonder if she has feeling for him.

Really like Priscilla. She gives off this stuck up bitch attitude, but its not so much that turns you off. Emilia gets no respect from the other candidates. Most likely because she is half elf.

I wonder how Felt being there will set history in motion. So happy this is 25 episodes. I can't wait to see what this arc will bring.
AntearionJun 19, 2016 11:29 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Jagd84 said:
Jotakak said:

Because she wouldn't have gone with otherwise since she keep struggling against him.

Felt only struggled because he latched onto her and started shouting that she was coming with him without any explanation so who wouldn't struggle? I love Reinhard but he didn't handle that very well...
Jun 19, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Good stuff. Quite a few new characters introduced. Priscilla and Will are definitely the ones I'm most interested in. Anastasia's design is pretty damn cute and I just love Kansai-ben so she's instantly <3 for me too.

Felix being a nekomimi trap! DAMMIT WHY D:

Emilia's overprotectiveness was annoying this ep. Why is she so scared of Subaru being there?

Loving Priscilla personality. Her ego is insanely big. I wonder if she has what it takes to back it up? Saying the world moves to her whim and all.

So Felt really was a candidate too. Interesting. I wonder why Reinhard swore loyalty to her tho.

Rem still best girl no doubt. Her face when she was head patted was adorable and telling Subaru about where to go and stuff. Best waifu
Jun 19, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2010
ColdBreeze said:
I wonder how they will show the Al scene.

I guess it's ok if they rearrange it. It should work as long as they don't cut it completely(which I doubt).

That's what I'm hoping.

Dec 2009
japaniMay said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

The other arcs have only been 5-6 episodes each, but considering how many episodes are still left in the series...I'm guessing then, that the third arc is rather long? Unless there will be a fourth arc which is unlikely.

Third arc will be the rest of the season, so yes its the longest yet. This series is popular enough that I expect we'll get a season 2 in the near future that animates more.

Jan 2015
Another new characters appeared. And that noble-looking lady, she don't know about appa?
It seems that Subaru's already in lots of trouble the moment he entered that Conference-whatever room. Even Emilia seems angry about it, and Roswaal...
That face Subaru makes, it's pict of the Day. Just like when I know about Felix is a "he". LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 19, 2016 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. We had some few new characters introduced!

Emilia was overprotective in this episode!

Felt was a candidate too!
removed-userJun 19, 2016 11:29 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
Barion-Zara said:
Emilia's overprotectiveness was annoying this ep. Why is she so scared of Subaru being there?

Being overprotective about what? The election go nothing to do with him and if Subaru went he would most like get him and herself in trouble. She would not him see get taken advantage of and run into something he can't handle.
Iron_MawJun 19, 2016 11:36 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:27 AM
Dec 2013
Fantastic episode, it's so refreshing to finally be able to see more of the town, along with some old and new characters as well.

For LN readers, does this episode reveal any important information for this arc?
Jun 19, 2016 11:29 AM

Mar 2009
Me during the ending of almost every episode:

Good episode, really enjoyed Priscilla and Al.
Jun 19, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2012
wtf Felt? and why does she look so brainwashed? oO Pretty bland look she had there...
Jun 19, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
A'ight, sure. Don't know what to say about this episode. Subaru's stupidity kinda ruined the mood for me. His overstepping his boundaries as a servant made me cringe. MC and friend of Emilia or not he felt really forced into the events of this episode. While I can understand his attitude towards the purple haired knight his lack of composure while consistent with his genki attitude it for some reason makes me dislike him. He pretty much embarrassed and gave the others ammo to use against Emilia. But I should hope these events will help him to understand the circumstances and cause him to be a little bit more considerate to "his love" in the future.

All the speaking out of turn for the knights and mouthing the candidates did was a tad annoying. I guess they all see the wise men as nothing more than a bunch of pompous bureaucrats. Understandable but the lack of tact only helped to drive down the mood. I'm still wondering how serious this episode was meant to be, feels like a cool-down but at the same time a buildup. What at least was made clear, obnoxiously so was the fact there is a level of disdain the other candidates have for Emilia, what with looking like the witch as well as being half elf. Part of me wants to ask "well why is she even being considered if it's such a problem?" But part of me suspects it also has to do with capability and connections. Either that or the wise-men don't really seem care at this point. Emilia's apparent soft nature works against her here considering how comfortable the others feel with dismissing her out in public. Guess it'll be up to Subaru to set them straight. *rollseyes*
Jun 19, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
All well and good for Felt to be the fifth candidate, but why? Why her, of all people? I'm sure it's gonna be explained soon enough, but right now it feels like something done to keep her character relevant to the plot, as if she wasn't one of the candidates I don't see how else she could be relevant. Also, it's pretty harsh that Emilia seems so incapable of trusting Subaru to not goof off or cause trouble or whatever she's worried about, but at least she's becoming more relevant again. Honestly though, I'm mostly curious about how this whole process ends up going south and when Subaru's new reset point is going to be.

A good episode, but it doesn't quite live up to the quality of the rest of the show and feels more methodical and slow than anything else. Then again, this episode is just starting an arc, introducing loads of new characters and setting events in motion, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. And either way, based on all the hype around this arc, it's only going to get better.

Also, it hasn't happened before now, but Subaru kinda irritated me at times this episode, particularly with his jealously over that random purple-haired knight (I'm assuming he's relevant later) kissing Emilia's hand. Surely he should be able to understand that such an act is a mere formality rather than anything of significance?
AtavisticJun 19, 2016 11:36 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
simonli2575 said:
For LN readers, does this episode reveal any important information for this arc?
Well it should have, but the anime cut it out for some reason.
Jul 2018
dat face subaru made doe lmao xd
felt? oh shit fam SHES BACK.
great ep.

Dec 2014
Started out fun and became Hype quite quickly xD

Carriages are drawn by Dragons?:O So Cool!
Felix was a trap!! I totally did not expect that XD

Subaru reactions when Juilius appeared, Priceless. Had me laughing for quite some time XD
His mimicry of Priscilla was just outright hilarious XD
Emilia-tan was adorable as always <3 , Though she was actually quite strict this episode.

Quite a bit of new characters introduced today, Interesting. That purple haired girl had quite the attitude. Felt being the last priestess was quite obvious.
Can't wait to see how this arc is gonna play out.
Lelouch0202Jun 19, 2016 11:40 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:39 AM

Jan 2011
Barion-Zara said:

For the sake of "not letting him push himself." I think it would've been fine if they had their servants tag along, even if they weren't allowed into the throne room. I kinda feel it was made that way to remind us of Emilia's concern for Subaru and his determination to be by her side. It doesn't seem to sit well with me. Makes me see him as a brash and obnoxious kid (which he is in all fairness).
Jun 19, 2016 11:40 AM

Jun 2014
Felt looked so brainwashed when she entered the room, but I also agree with someone else who said that her being the 5th candidate seems like it's only for the sake of keeping her relevant. Of course, I could be wrong as they'll probably explain her selection in the upcoming episodes. This arc has gotten off to an interesting start, and I look forward to seeing where things go from here, and of course, what will cause Subaru to have to restart this part of the story. Also, Japan needs to stop with this obsession of having male characters that look like females. I'll never get over how weird that is.
thebrentinator24Jun 19, 2016 11:45 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 19, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
enginesofdemise said:

so Fappa lied to us then
Bad boy

I watched it in Japanese and while I can read it well I'm still not very good at understanding it when it's spoken.
I was sure to have heard something that implied this said scene but I must have misheard it then.
FappaJun 19, 2016 11:47 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:41 AM

May 2015
Lol Felt is 5th candidate :D nice :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 19, 2016 11:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Man as soon as he said there was a fifth girl I was like this has to be Felt right? And whaddyaknow~

Not sure what else to say about this episode, evidentially an intro to the next arc. Guess we'll just have to see where it leads
Jun 19, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
Boring episode... NOT. Finally the plot moves forward!

This episode implies that the arc will be very political which I hope it will be. More mindblown conspiracies and drama > action in this anime.

Felt is looking great in that gown! Rather disappointed that there's no last name for Felt so far. Would've been great for a hint why she got chosen. If it's not that then Reinhard chooses her out of instinct? Welp, looks like I just have to wait~
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Good change of pace in this episode. It was a little relaxing. Great to see characters from previous episodes make their return like Rom, Appa guy and the hoodlums.

They even introduced a lot of new characters this episode, with Priscilla and the other candidates.

Al, Wil, Felix and Julius. Also Subaru doing that tongue thing when he was showing his jealousy gave me a pretty good laugh. Just the sound and complete randomness of his mini-rant was great.

Now the cliffhanger with the return of Felt. Did not see this coming at all. Interested on how the candidates are selected and see where this goes with all the new characters.

The next episode can't come soon enough.

Jun 19, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2010
danieltortoisee said:
Also, it hasn't happened before now, but Subaru kinda irritated me at times this episode, particularly with his jealously over that random purple-haired knight (I'm assuming he's relevant later) kissing Emilia's hand. Surely he should be able to understand that such an act is a mere formality rather than anything of significance?

Because jealously is an irrational emotion and this isn't a custom he's used to seeing anyway. He's quite head over heels for Emilia so his in security nothing unusual.
Iron_MawJun 19, 2016 11:54 AM
Jun 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2013
Subaru once again acts like retarded chuni (and still believes he is in the game)
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 19, 2016 11:57 AM
Dec 2013
Hongu said:
simonli2575 said:
Well it should have, but the anime cut it out for some reason.

Jun 19, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
beast_regards said:
Subaru once again acts like retarded chuni (and still believes he is in the game)

He really felt "in the way" in this episode. Part of me feels like he is a LN guy trying to be more assertive and serious.
Jun 19, 2016 11:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So that is the start of the 3rd arc. How fucking amazing must it be if this is already so intriguing?

New characters introduced, i like Priscilla the most out of all. Al seems like a cool guy tbh. Will is interesing, is he the father of Reinhard by any chance? Julius is sketchy to me.

Subaru seemed a bit forceful in this episode, Emilia did tell him to stay put many times and he didn't listen.

Felt returns! Knew it as soon as the 5th candidate got mentioned and got all hyped :D
Jun 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Sep 2015
Relaxing episode with some new characters, AND FELT ! (and no op/ed '^')
Subaru was annoying tbh
Jun 19, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode. Predicted that Felt would have come out of that door
Jun 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
QWERTYFish25 said:
Barion-Zara said:

For the sake of "not letting him push himself." I think it would've been fine if they had their servants tag along, even if they weren't allowed into the throne room. I kinda feel it was made that way to remind us of Emilia's concern for Subaru and his determination to be by her side. It doesn't seem to sit well with me. Makes me see him as a brash and obnoxious kid (which he is in all fairness).

Well true. Subaru wasn't any less annoying too. He's being too nosy and bratty. But well that's what will move the plot lol

Jan 2016
This episode felt so long

I love White fox, thank you

Jan 2014
Rem going all Kyaaaa~~~~ fangirl mode whole episode made me gigle like crazy and then feel sad ;_;...Stage is set for crazy shit to happen now...Tons of weird characters are ready too...

The way that old driver guy from first half and the annoying Ojou-Sama with big boobs from the second half sounded like they also have similar powers like Subaru?Especially the guy specifically talked as if he himself died few times...
LoneWizzyJun 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Felt looked so brainwashed when she entered the room, but I also agree with someone else who said that her being the 5th candidate seems like it's only for the sake of keeping her relevant. Of course, I could be wrong as they'll probably explain her selection in the upcoming episodes. This arc has gotten off to an interesting start, and I look forward to seeing where things go from here, and of course, what will cause Subaru to have to restart this part of the story. Also, Japan needs to stop with this obsession of having male characters that look like females. I'll never get over how weird that is.

Felt's candidacy will be explained soon. Also, she's still very much her old self despite the attire, don't worry.

Haven't actually watched the episode yet, but I wasn't quite expecting Subaru to make it to the meeting hall until next episode. Must have cut out a lot of LN content, but I guess that's understandable as there's a lot to be covered in this arc.
Jun 19, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
it feels good to see Reinhard, Felt and Old Man Rom again!! its been way too long
Jun 19, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2007
We start the episode with obligatory Emilia scene which follows the usual checklist - Subaru doing his neet stuff with villagers, her observing it, her making some "cute" comments to him, him blushing. Yeah....And then we repeat that scene three more times in the episode.

And we get a catgirl...Greeaaaat.....
And we get a creepy pink haired guy with NTR vibes that reminded me of SAO's Sugou.....Greaaaat.
And we get horribly obvious CGI crowds.....Greaaaat...
And Subaru going OOC and turning into obsessive idiot ball was disappointing. Loved his smarts in the first two arcs, but here he feels like a complete fucking idiot.

Now, if we go onto the GOOD things for the episode,

The butler old man, Wilhelm interests me. He knows about the death loops? How?
THE REDHEAD!?!? If her character continues to be as great, she might even end up in my favs. Why couldn't Subaru have been paired with her. He went after the wrong princess :[
Also Ram again stole the show, even with limited screentime. There's just so much great chemistry between her and Subaru that its genuinely fun to watch them interacting.
And the Felt reveal at the end was GREAT. If only it was not already spoiled by people who felt it was "Obvious" few episodes ago.

Overall strong 3/5 for episode. A very disjointed and strangely paced episode that feels more like of a filled in-between and goes through situations at way too fast of a pace. One second Subaru is having tea with the mysterious butler, the other they are already on carriage, and the next he is going to (try to) protect the based awesome redhead Ojousama in the alleyway. Really weirdly paced.
AhenshihaelJun 19, 2016 12:08 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Good episode. I like the pacing of events in the series so far. Animations and overall design of everything is just mindblowing. Feels like they will reveal Subarus' true reason for being summoned to the world in the first place. If I would take a guess it'd probably have to do with the legendary dragon that protects.

Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

29 by Shoujoaddict »»
6 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.