Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I thought the final episode is good. For me, I feel like Machi's personality matured quite a bit throughout this series. Originally saw her more as a kid but she's growing more into a responsible girl as time went on.

Lol Natsu is funny with his delusion. I just find it funny at how people are almost never afraid of him despite being a bear even from this episode. Gotta love the Machi and Natsu episode especially at the end. Cute show overall, 7/10.
Jun 19, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
Machi won the idol contest, that was good for her!
Jun 19, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Machi won the idol contest, that was good for her!

She didn't win, she got a special prize.

So uhhhh....was that really a happy ending? XD Sure, Machi got that prize, and ended up content to stay in the village and play with Natsu but...her crippling social anxiety disorder got completely ignored. I guess it's best not to think about it, just as Natsu suggested. XD

Anyway, given the adorable premise and character designs the tone of this show was surprisingly misleading. Machi was made to suffer quite a bit, thanks largely to that absolute dick Yoshio, who I still wish Natsu mauled to death. Her social anxiety disorder really hit close to home for me and provided several uncomfortable scenes. At the same time there were several genuinely fun/funny/cute scenes like "sexual harassment," the cell phone, and commercial shoot. And I did ultimately like the main Natsu/Machi relationship. I'm torn on how to grade this, but....7/10.

Also, this show definitely had the best ending theme this season for whatever that's worth.
animefan8800Jun 19, 2016 10:57 AM
Jun 19, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2014
Yay good for Machi.
The anime was alright. Refreshing comedy.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 19, 2016 11:17 AM
Sep 2015
Worst possible ending. In the end pretty boring anime happend to be out of any moral.
I hoped she lose but gain some confidence and faith. Now she completely resigned of her ambitious to go to school in big city.
I should drop it faster when I started to feel bored.
PS.
They could at least show her the prize and video.
PPS
I already completed this anime. They should change status a day ahead.
Jun 19, 2016 11:23 AM

Nov 2014
Kuma Miko had such a promising start. A country girl, living with a talking bear, wants to go to school in the city. It was funny and sweet. Then it turned into a fashion show with Machi being humiliated in nearly every episode, and guilted into situations that she didn't need to be in. Yoshio—that creepy, selfish asshole—ruined this show. It pissed me off that he got what he wanted in the end, and Machi didn't get anything.

Episode: 2/5
Series: 5/10
Jun 19, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
i liked the last ep and overall it was an ok series i mean the start of this series was really fun and then started turning from there

none the less i did enjoy most of it also i still couldnt stand the cousin even in the end
"one step at a time"
Jun 19, 2016 11:43 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This was like eating a sandwich made with great ingredients but served on moldy bread. I really liked this series in the start and then it started to get uncomfortable. The uncomfortable part started small.....just a Machi whine here and there and then by the end had cascaded into a full blown psycho drama with a funny bear mixed into the middle. If she had gotten comfortable a bit more in front of crowds.....and then decided to stay home, I would have liked it. If she had just blown the whole event off with the realization that she was just a country girl and always would be.....then I would have liked it. This ending though just had everyone screaming at each other, a shy anxiety ridden girl imagining things that aren't real, and a funny bear. Nope....too much moldy bread in this sandwich......6/10.
Jun 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
It was alright. Started getting bored by the series towards the end though.
Jun 19, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
hmmmm can I even call this a satisfying ending let alone a happy one or even a good one? Machi's performance made me tear up a little she was given a special award at least so at least they recognized her and no one freaked out when they saw natsu because everyone thought it was a costume. be warned there's 2 or 3 rant's down below read at your own risk but if you didn't like the ending you might enjoy a rant or two.

oh yeah the girl from barakamon made an appearance well her voice did anyway.

Jun 19, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2010
Kinda anticlimatic and not a good message to those with social anxiety out there lol

But Machi's smile was protected and it was adorable.
Jun 19, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
What a horrible message this last episode gave!
It saddens me because I was really enjoying the first few episodes but the last few episodes pissed me off so much so I'm going to give this a 5/10.
Jun 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Jun 2013
FallenEntity said:
hmmmm can I even call this a satisfying ending let alone a happy one or even a good one? Machi's performance made me tear up a little she was given a special award at least so at least they recognized her and no one freaked out when they saw natsu because everyone thought it was a costume. be warned there's 2 or 3 rant's down below read at your own risk but if you didn't like the ending you might enjoy a rant or two.

oh yeah the girl from barakamon made an appearance well her voice did anyway.

This!! So much this!!!
Jun 19, 2016 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
animefan8800 said:
Her social anxiety disorder really hit close to home for me and provided several uncomfortable scenes. At the same time there were several genuinely fun/funny/cute scenes like "sexual harassment," the cell phone, and commercial shoot. And I did ultimately like the main Natsu/Machi relationship. I'm torn on how to grade this, but....7/10.

Also, this show definitely had the best ending theme this season for whatever that's worth.

this left a bad taste in my mouth I was going to rate it a 7 but that means well to me anyway that I can rewatch it and recommend it but after the piss poor ending and the amount of rage I have build up now I had to rate it a 6 however if MAL could I would have rated this a 6.5.
FallenEntityJun 19, 2016 12:17 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Natsu's in full energy for JUST searching Machi. Even forget to realize what will happen if he show himself at the contest venue. But it seems that won't be the problem since he's a "mascot", right? LOL
And now for Machi to back on the stage and start a performance.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 19, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2009
I would throw a rock at Yoshio too
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Jun 19, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
FallenEntity said:
animefan8800 said:
Her social anxiety disorder really hit close to home for me and provided several uncomfortable scenes. At the same time there were several genuinely fun/funny/cute scenes like "sexual harassment," the cell phone, and commercial shoot. And I did ultimately like the main Natsu/Machi relationship. I'm torn on how to grade this, but....7/10.

Entirely understandable opinion. I'm just gonna be a tiiiny bit more generous. XD
Jun 19, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2008
Holy hell what was up with that ending? She ended up mind broken and completely useless. I knew Machi was fucked up in the head but I definitely did not think it would end this way.
Jun 19, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
And exactly what I feared would happen did. Now we have Machi shut up in a remote mountain village temple with nothing but a bear for company and an internet connection. Machi is going to live a lonely life.

This reeks of an anime only ending and I hope to god that it is. I'll follow the manga now and see if it veers in a different direction than this tonal trainwreck of a last episode that has single handedly ruined a show I had enjoyed up until now.
Jun 19, 2016 12:46 PM
Jan 2014
Uniju said:
I would throw a rock at Yoshio too

I would shoot him with a shotgun at point blank range. To make sure that he dies.

Jun 19, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2015
Well, guess the finale was alright. Looks like she at least got a special prize, lol. This show was pretty fun and enjoyable during the first half. It went kinda downhill for me after that, but still enjoyed it mostly. Just not as much as the first half. 7/10.

Jun 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2015
well, i was worried for the ending but actually it was a good ending :D
i'm glad no one forced machi to do it. she just did it on her own will and i like that.
but i'm still wondering where is that hallucination come from xD maybe Miko is an exception for this kind of issue. and i like how the little girl encourage machi to do it. a pretty satisfiying ending i must say.

LOL Natsu went into the city like it ain't nothing. he must be glad that people misunderstand him as a mascot xD

in the end Machi won't be planning to go to the city. and i thought "then what was the point of this anime ?" LOL xD either way i still enjoyed this anime but only in the first half of the series. around after episode 6, imo, everything just went weird and kinda a bit boring. if they made every episode similiar like episode 1 i would probably rate this anime either 9 or 8, but cause it got a little bit weird in the second half of the series, 7/10 from me.

and a pretty cute concept of the story too. "Girls Meets Bear" tbh, that is a really cute concept of story. but it's too bad that it went weid in the second half of the series.
Jun 19, 2016 1:27 PM

Oct 2014
I was gonna rate this 7/10 but the ending really left a bad taste in my mouth. Machi ultimately gave up on overcoming her anxiety and everyone is perfectly happy with this. It made me see Yoshio as more of a dick than usual (usually I saw him as a bumbling dick but ultimately well-meaning) and Natsu as a selfish asshole. I really liked Hiiko and hoped that she'd smack some sense into them but she just lies there smitten by Yoshio's "passion". Such a shame that the show had such a promising start and went this way.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jun 19, 2016 1:29 PM
Mar 2008
MacMeaties said:

This reeks of an anime only ending and I hope to god that it is. I'll follow the manga now and see if it veers in a different direction than this tonal trainwreck of a last episode that has single handedly ruined a show I had enjoyed up until now.

It is, and it's why it sucked so much.
This is one of the worst endings I've ever seen.
Jun 19, 2016 1:46 PM

Dec 2015
I can 100% relate to Machi's stage fright or just the fright of having to talk to people in general but I feel like they could've ended that better. She was a little too "oblivious" at the end, it was overkill.
Jun 19, 2016 2:00 PM

May 2016
azkshdjlashdnljashlk please help me, I don't know how to rate this series...

It's either a 5 or a 6...

Why would I consider a 5?

1) While this series had a lot of funny moments, many moments were strait boring, the best part were the ones with Natsu and the ones where Machi had to deal with "new" stuff, the rest was kinda meh...

2) The way they finish this final arc felt so wrong for me...Like, if she had just decided to take a break or to take things on a slower pace it would be fine...but she gave up on it completely, her words imply that she's never trying ever again, and that blew away any hint of her progressions as a person...And the worse part is that Natsu was the happiest ever with it...In the end he's just a selfish bastard that don't want his friend to grow up in the world...

That being said, everything else was entertaining enough and worthy of a 6/10 score.
Now, what should I do to make up my mind? If there was a 5.5 score on MAL, that would be it...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 19, 2016 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
man, haven't seen an anime with fucked up ending for so long.

the ending, Machi is totally disoriented and Natsu is helping her to escape reality. Machi is not even coherent and acting a bit schizophrenic.
Jun 19, 2016 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
Natsu walking around the city and poeple mistook him for a mascot lol
Jun 19, 2016 2:13 PM

Oct 2014
Aedrin said:
PPS
I already completed this anime. They should change status a day ahead.
This. I don't want to discuss the episode, it was boring anyway. I was wondering why the "completed" message didn't come up.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun 19, 2016 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
That ending was sad. Really sad. lmao

All the work Machi has endured amounted to nothing in the end. And everyone acts like it's okay.
Jun 19, 2016 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
I liked the show. Wonder if somebody will me sick enough to make it into a h-doujin though.. 8/10
Jun 19, 2016 2:55 PM
Nov 2010
The anime looked good, had an interesting premise and started off pretty well. Its ending definitely left an impression on me, but not in a good way. If they wanted to make a wreck from this anime, they should've started earlier. Overall, interesting.
Jun 19, 2016 3:04 PM

Mar 2014
Soooo, the entire thing was pointless? Cool.
Wish it sticked to being random comedy instead of bringing in the "I want to go to the city" subplot, idol stuff was meh too.
Jun 19, 2016 3:52 PM

May 2013
Well, that was a terrible ending. Zero character development for Machi and pretty much everyone else, besides getting to see a little bit of the better sides of Hibiki and Yoshio.

You know, I thought Machi was cute with the whole shy Miko bumpkin girl personality at first, but over the course of the anime I just got frustrated with her and her overblown anxiety. She needs to overcome this or at least get better; otherwise she'll never truly mature. It doesn't help that Natsu supports her staying as she is and continues to seclude her from the bigger part of society, plus he and Yoshio really did rush her into "the real world" far too drastically which made her possibly permanently terrified of anything and anyone outside of Kumade Village. If they had taken baby steps and gave her more freedom in self-choice (like Hibiki said) instead of MANIPULATING her into doing the things THEY wanted for their own best interests, perhaps we would have had a happier ending where the village became revitalized and Machi learns to face her fears.

But whatever.
Jun 19, 2016 4:06 PM

Mar 2008
7/10 overall. Cute and funny at times. Machi really needs to get over her country bumpkin social anxiety though.
Jun 19, 2016 4:36 PM
Dec 2010
Very disappointing episode, if she overcomes her fears even just a little i will accept it but her giving up and being like broken or something and Natsu being ok with it im like 'wtf is that ending.
Overall good first half but that second half ahgggggg
Jun 19, 2016 4:40 PM
May 2013
Anxiety is a serious business, not something you 'grow up' from. Seeing Natsu tell Machi she didn't need to think of anything made me go wtf. I haven't felt so disturbed with an anime ending for a long time, seriously who wrote this series?

As if the harassment from the earlier episodes (and then by Yoshio) wasn't gross enough.
Jun 19, 2016 4:57 PM

Aug 2014
While I liked the show a lot overall, the second to last episode caused quite a bit of damage to the show as a whole. The finale I actually quite enjoyed with natsu rushing to the contest to help Machi. But I really disliked that Yoshio was so willing to 'sacrifice' Machi to help the village; I get that the village needed help but that should under no circumstances warrent throwing Machi under the bus to suit his ends as he wasn't the one with terrible social anxiety being put on a stage and having of give a performance to a crowd. However the ending did make me laugh as Machi decided to stay in the village with Natsu. I feel that her character matured quite a bit as she got up on stage and peformed and she realised that the city wasn't for her but doesn't that pretty much render the entire show pointless as she still stays in the village and won't see the outside world like at all (And she really needs to sort out that whole rock throwing image she keeps thinking of)
WalowizardJun 19, 2016 5:05 PM
Get your shit straight Brenda
Jun 19, 2016 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
I found the ending a big disturbing also. I was hoping that the ending would have Machi want to learn more about technology and how to use it. Instead she comes off like a country bumpkins who knows nothing. It's scary that the bear knows about the internet, wifi, etc. and she's clueless. Machi would have be lost in the big city, and that's not counting the anxiety attacks should would have been in all the time.

So I do feel sorry for Machi for what happened.

Now just get Yoshio and Hibiki together. I'd like to see a spin-off of these two dating.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 19, 2016 5:55 PM

Oct 2010
Really really awful ending. I've said it before, but Machi is a perfect example of someone with aspergers. I loved this anime for that perfect portrayal but this finale was just awful. It wasn't really...wrong...but the way Natsu and the Yoshio respond to her issue is just awful and unhelpful. No one even seemed to try and correct her distorted view of what actually happened. Natsu is the worst of all. He's basically treating her like a baby, or an object.."You don't need to think".

They never said she had a social disorder, but as someone with aspergers, it's extremely obvious to me that the author probably gave it to her on accident. What she needs is people who understand her issues and can work around them...not completely ignore them and force things upon her that make them worse. I originally thought the author might've given her aspergers on purpose, but after this episode it's clear to me the author just thought it would be funny to make her socially awkward (unless of course, this is an original ending that the studio came up with...in which case I apologize to the mangaka).

This is how we end up with people that can't do anything in life.
Jun 19, 2016 6:00 PM

Oct 2010
razisgosu said:
7/10 overall. Cute and funny at times. Machi really needs to get over her country bumpkin social anxiety though.

"country bumpkin social anxiety" is what it was meant to be. Instead she matched real social disorders such as aspergers perfectly. You don't "get over" social disorders. You get professional help, or get lucky and find something you can do to make a living that doesn't require people around you. There's absolutely no "getting over" it. And forcing her into extreme social situations is the exact opposite of helping her. She may be fictional but I can't help but feel extremely bad for her, since I know just how painful this can be for people like us with serious social disorders. It makes us physically ill along with mentally ill.
Jun 19, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2012
Really boring series overall. Machi's anxiety attacks were pretty annoying to watch. I feel like this a poor mans Barakamon. Even though they arent very similar.
Jun 19, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
Rated low imo. I enjoyed this. Little repetitive and not a ton of substance but I liked the characters, found it cute, and funny. Will agree that the anxiety attacks drew too much focus and really the only con.
Jun 19, 2016 6:32 PM

Mar 2014
i cant believe Shinmai Maou has a higher rating than kumamiko
Jun 19, 2016 6:43 PM

Mar 2008
ButtSlapper said:

After this episode you can't believe that?

That show has problems and unsettling elements. But this episode just made this series....utter garbage. The person who wrote this episode should be slapped upside the head.

This episode was horrible and basically ruined the whole show. Poor Machi....just that poor kid.
Jun 19, 2016 6:56 PM

Mar 2014
FlareKnight said:
ButtSlapper said:

After this episode you can't believe that?

That show has problems and unsettling elements. But this episode just made this series....utter garbage. The person who wrote this episode should be slapped upside the head.

This episode was horrible and basically ruined the whole show. Poor Machi....just that poor kid.

why poor machi. it was fun to watch her getting tortured. the aesthetics of destorying cuteness.
Jun 19, 2016 7:11 PM

Mar 2008
Kougeru said:
razisgosu said:

"country bumpkin social anxiety" is what it was meant to be. Instead she matched real social disorders such as aspergers perfectly. You don't "get over" social disorders. You get professional help, or get lucky and find something you can do to make a living that doesn't require people around you. There's absolutely no "getting over" it. And forcing her into extreme social situations is the exact opposite of helping her. She may be fictional but I can't help but feel extremely bad for her, since I know just how painful this can be for people like us with serious social disorders. It makes us physically ill along with mentally ill.

I fully believe the scenarios from this show are things that could be worked through with time and exposure. The only reason she felt people were throwing rocks at her is because she has it so ingrained in her mind that people are judging her for being from the country. Fact is, they aren't. Talking to people would get her through that.
Jun 19, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2010
razisgosu said:

I fully believe the scenarios from this show are things that could be worked through with time and exposure. The only reason she felt people were throwing rocks at her is because she has it so ingrained in her mind that people are judging her for being from the country. Fact is, they aren't. Talking to people would get her through that.

We're seeing different things. Again, as someone that suffers from a serious social disorders that matches exactly what Machi has displayed, I highly disagree with your assessment. The scenarios to me showed no progress at all. The only times she succeeded were when people helped her. Even in the end she only got through it by completely phasing the crowd out. That's completely different than actually dealing with people... It's one sided. That's how I deal with humanity in public. I ignore them like she did. I have to in order to stay sane. She is clearly capable of talking to people, as am I. But only once we know them already. Look at when we first met Hibiki. Machi was scared of her for various reasons and couldn't really talk to her. But after a short while she become pretty damn close. That's basically how aspergers relationships work lol. We can barely deal with people unless we get get to know them slowly, one on one. Forcing her into crowds is what I have issues with. That clearly didn't work at all and set her up for this awful ending where she basically becomes Natsu's pet.
Jun 19, 2016 8:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very bad ending and disappointing adaptation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 19, 2016 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
Man this ending is kinda fucked up when you think about it and the awful message it sends as well.

6/10 because i did get some laughs show was a disappointing down spiral after the first episode and ended up being nothing but watching Machi get bullied and suffer with her social anxiety which ended up being far less funny and more kinda just sad.

wanted something like Shirokuma Cafe... not this
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

72 by Forum »»
Feb 29, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

55 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 26, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

63 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

92 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 16, 2022 11:59 PM

Poll: » Kuma Miko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

74 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 11, 2019 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.