Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2016
I finished watching this show yesterday and honestly I don't really know how to feel about it. On the one hand I liked the main characters such as Yukito, Misuzu, and Misuzu's mom but at the same time I really wasn't a big fan of the other characters. I feel like this show lacks focus in many ways. The first 2 to 3 episodes were great and than we go from that to the character arcs which felt rather rushed. I felt like there were some plot holes in some of those character arcs but in general they felt very much rushed. Once the character arcs are over the show does this stupid thing of taking us to a new setting in feudal Japan I can understand the reasoning for doing this it I just didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't like were it was placed either. In my opinion the show has some serious pacing issues. The concept of the story isn't bad but it felt rushed and the 12 episode count definitely hurt it in my eyes. If this were a 24 episode show I actually think it could have been much better. Overall I was severely disappointed and watching the show almost reminded me of my experience with Angel Beats. I find it really disappointing to be honest and a part of me wants this show to get a remake of sorts because I really think this version of air didn't go well at all. I have so many ideas as to how they could make this show better if there is a remake but first and foremost it needs to be longer than 12 episodes. I feel like I am rambling at this point but that's just how I feel.

Jun 20, 2016 8:50 AM
Jan 2013
It could have been better if it was longer maybe. What makes air so different from others is that the show will be reminded by many people even after not watching it for years. The impact of the character Misuzu is strong.

The character arcs were made to please the fans of the visual novel. I have never played it. But I honestly think it would have been different and maybe it would be easier to understand the story if it was longer. Nonetheless it's one of my favourite animes next to Clannad and Kanon. It has a similar feeling to Kanon in my view.
Jul 18, 2016 1:52 AM

Apr 2009
Air is also a victim of cut short series episodes (Angel Beats! Charlotte) by Key.

I think this show will be amazing if they made it at least 25 episodes. It's my 2nd favorite of all time. The nostalgia and soundtracks are so amazing.

But no need to remake this one. I love this show. Just PLEASE hands-off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Animatronix - Mar 27, 2008

197 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Aug 20, 2008

62 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Nov 12, 2007

100 by KingYoshi »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 16, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yukia-Kontan - May 30, 2008

74 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.