Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so we learn some background story about Julis and Orphelia with the experimentation this episode but honestly, I think the timing feels weird for the finale.

The action was ...weird as well although there's a good amount of it with Saya fighting as well. So I think they tried to wrap up the show with the 'let's go out with a bang' in the end. The tease for the upcoming festival though..I think the show just advertised that part for the LN.
Stark700Jun 18, 2016 8:17 AM
Jun 18, 2016 8:24 AM

Sep 2015

You can actually see Julis NEW WEAPON(which seperate bunch of small version of her sword) during the Gryps training.

Queenvail second popularity Band
valvravetruthJun 18, 2016 8:41 AM
Jun 18, 2016 8:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really nice ending for S2....Lots of setup and teasing for future events too and I really want a S3 now
Jun 18, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2011
lol, so they end the show on a massive cliffhanger dump and say "sayonara". Cause the show didn't sell well you'll just have to go and read the light novel instead.

Tokoya said:
Really nice ending for S2....Lots of setup and teasing for future events too and I really want a S3 now

The show was barely even ranking on the BD charts. there isn't going to be a season 3. TBH, if it wasn't for the fact that they scheduled S2 even before the first season started, i doubt this season would have gotten made after the first season's numbers bombed out.
CirrisJun 18, 2016 8:39 AM
Jun 18, 2016 8:36 AM

Feb 2015
Frankly, I was disappointed with this. It feels like they forced a fight simply as to end the show with action. The prep for another arc seemed like an attempt to advertise the LN and beg for another season. This series as a whole was entirely mundane.

Also, Hilda's laugh was almost as annoying as Flora's voice.
Jun 18, 2016 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Granted I never thought this series was amazing but god damn the finale was satisfying in the end I guess.

I would say tho inb4 people will go ham on it now but as a standalone without comparing it with other shows I think it was fine as a whole, if I say comparison... its just the same, but more fun at the very least.

6/10 of course.
Jun 18, 2016 8:53 AM

Sep 2015
Yautja said:
Frankly, I was disappointed with this. It feels like they forced a fight simply as to end the show with action. The prep for another arc seemed like an attempt to advertise the LN and beg for another season. This series as a whole was entirely mundane.

Also, Hilda's laugh was almost as annoying as Flora's voice.

Well you do know that most of the animes are trying to advertise their light novel or manga right? And animes always adapted to certain volumes, then you will need to read LN after that.
Jun 18, 2016 9:02 AM

Aug 2010
Gotta admit the animation during the dragon fight was pretty damn good. Loved the camera angles and fluidity in movement.

Definitely wouldn't mind a S3. Not really craving it tho. Only thing I'd totally love is more Sylvie D: She's so much <3

From the main girls Kirin is my fav tho.

I'd say 7 from me
Jun 18, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
is there any chances for season ? a big cliffhanger i hate it
Jun 18, 2016 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Cirris said:
lol, so they end the show on a massive cliffhanger dump and say "sayonara". Cause the show didn't sell well you'll just have to go and read the light novel instead.

Tokoya said:

The show was barely even ranking on the BD charts. there isn't going to be a season 3. TBH, if it wasn't for the fact that they scheduled S2 even before the first season started, i doubt this season would have gotten made after the first season's numbers bombed out.
That's pretty sad to hear
Jun 18, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2015
Backstory about how Julis starting to like flowers.
Oh, even a Hydra exist in this Anime? And it also regenerate too? But still, it's nothing compare to that final blow from Ayato. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 18, 2016 9:16 AM

Jun 2014
That fight against Hydra was pretty epic actually!

Lots of teases especially with the chairman telling Ayato that he 'found' his sister!

7/10, IF theres going to be a 3rd season im definitly gonna watch it x)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2012
Good ending only because it's safe to assume that it's the end of the anime and i'm really okay with that. From the very beginning it was pretty much mediocre, but had potential. And as it was continuing the more i wanted to question if there was potential. Maybe there was a way for it to be at least slightly better, but it simply didn't happen. Can write a lot more, but don't see any point.
Jun 18, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting time to reveal a back story but overall nice ending. Glad to see they finally stopped dodging the questions surrounding his sister. Hopefully S3 will come winter or next spring
Jun 18, 2016 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah this ending pretty much screams "go read the LN now." I'm not too fond of the fact that they decided to end this with a teasing cliffhanger of future events since a third season doesn't seem likely. I think an original ending would have been better tbh. I don't really care though, I was never particularly captivated by this show but I think this season was a slight improvement over the first season so I'll give this a 4/10.

SimplyKairi said:
Interesting time to reveal a back story but overall nice ending. Glad to see they finally stopped dodging the questions surrounding his sister. Hopefully S3 will come winter or next spring

Judging by what @Cirris said above I don't think we'll be seeing a third season. And even if the BD sales were good, split cour adaptations of ongoing LNs/manga typically don't go beyond the 2 seasons they get anyway, from what I've noticed.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 18, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2015
I really hope for a third season :/
Now he knows about his sister, this info came out of nowhere tho
Jun 18, 2016 9:42 AM
Jun 2016
xSkipi said:
I really hope for a third season :/
Now he knows about his sister, this info came out of nowhere tho

Well realistically, they knew where his sister was, but kept it a secret
Jun 18, 2016 9:44 AM

Dec 2015
that last episode make me want to watch the second season .-.
they could've made something better and bigger for the end thought
Jun 18, 2016 9:59 AM
Aug 2012
Cirris said:

Like 99% of LN adaptations except this is one of the few that is faithful to the source. The anime ended just like how Volume 6 ended.

This is way way better than BS Anime Original Endings, Rushed or PLOT-only advertisements that never leave a chance for a second season.

Jun 18, 2016 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Sephiroth final smash op
Jun 18, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
and after 9 months one of my favorite anime series in a while draws to a close. JULIS, YOU WILL BE MISSED I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER QUEEN. ill definitely be following yen presss translation of the light novel series (vol 1 comes out in august). the fight this episode was so fluid and reminded me of snk in terms of how ayato was leaping from rooftop to rooftop. so sad that the tease probably means no season 3...would have loved to see more sylvia and juliss new nova spina. im giving this a 10/10 despite other people calling it trash because i truly enjoyed the characters and how the second seasin improved upon the action scenes and the inner political workings of asterisk.
Jun 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
Enjoyed this a lot more than the 1st one... 7.5/10 not enough to give it an 8 so its stuck at 7 but I enjoyed it a lot more.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 18, 2016 10:27 AM

Dec 2008
with an ending like that if they don't announce a 3rd season soon they should all burn in hell...
Jun 18, 2016 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
The fight with Hydra was quite epic!
Jun 18, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
I liked this season a lot more than season 1

I wouldn't mind if they made a season 3 :D

Jun 18, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2011
Only real big con here is the pacing being ramped to max this episode. I had a feeling they would do this but it really clashes with the rest of the show.

One of the better battle-harem anime out there and I did end up enjoying this one each week. Despite some VA annoyances, this was good stuff for this genre.
Jun 18, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
What's with the random new ED though
Jun 18, 2016 11:31 AM
Aug 2015
Welp, that definitely means there will be a third season...
Jun 18, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good finish. 7/10
Jun 18, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2015
Hope this gets a third season soon.
Jun 18, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
My thoughts about this anime overall:
Damn it! They showed as Haruka Amagiri from the start and even on the finale! That's just like being recycled!
Since I really enjoyed watching this more than the previous season did. And that ending was like suggesting a third season. I won't mind a sequel.
Well If they gonna make make it, I'll watch it for sure. Anyway, I'll rate this how a 7 ( or 8?) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
AmnesiA-chan said:
Nope. Especially rushing it all out like that. They're just advertising at this point for the LN. Sales are doing poorly for BD.
Jun 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2013
Well... considering that we're not getting a third season, I guess this was a good way to end things.

They cut out an important character from this volume from start to finish, a character that was suppose to be the one responsible for investigating and finding Haruka (it wasn't the Chairman, believe me, he's up to no good), and who was suppose to expand on the political undercurrents amongst the schools and the economic blocs that own them. The way they ended this left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, because given the time constraint the only way I could describe this entire arc was that it was an abbreviated version of the story in the LN that leaves out way too much information.

Considering this as an adaptation that won't be getting a continuation, I guess I should be grateful that they adapted it as well as they did for 85% over 2 seasons. It's a shame they don't want to do a third season, as I'd love to have watched an animated Gryps festa.

I highly recommend people to go actually read the LN from the start of this arc instead of from after this ended, because up till volume 5, they did a pretty fine job of adapting, but this volume 6 was way off the mark (due to lack of minutes to animate everything more than anything).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 18, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
I am shocked at how much I enjoyed this season aside from Flora's annoying voice. I'll be honest I didn't think season 2 would be any good but I'm glad to have been proven wrong. this season does so many things right from character development, to improvements in animation, really good fighting scenes and of course a bit of comedy here and there. I am hoping they announce season 3 soon because I felt that it went by so fast.

Tyrel said:
AmnesiA-chan said:
Nope. Especially rushing it all out like that. They're just advertising at this point for the LN. Sales are doing poorly for BD.

well you know what will increase sales fanservice and don't deny it most bad anime's that include fanservice tends to get a sequel of sorts so they can include fanservice specials with each BD/DVD release (though I really don't think this really needs it but you know the old saying "sex sells").
FallenEntityJun 18, 2016 11:58 AM
Jun 18, 2016 12:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well this crap is finally over at last. Can't say I'll particularly miss it
Jun 18, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
Decent series let down by being far too generic. It really needed some proper romance instead of the default harem setting for this type of anime.

The dragon fight sequence was excellent and you can't fault the production value's of the show. The soundtrack also deserves a mention as its was pretty awesome.

Quite an enjoyable series 7/10. I would watch a season 3 but I doubt we will get one. It's not sold well in Japan and A1 have much bigger fish to fry.

7/10
Jun 18, 2016 12:23 PM

May 2016
I remember when I first saw this series last season I was immediately put off by it in the first episode. At the same time, however, I was watching Volume 3 of RWBY and after my frustration finally culminated I stopped watching it. But then I was left with a void so I decided to give this series another shot just to see if I can relieve my frustration. To my surprise, not only did it relieve my frustration by I also ended up liking this show.

Is it a great show? No, not by a long shot.

Is it really as terrible as everyone else says it is? Well, I think the better question to ask would be: "Does it really deserve all the hatred it gets?"

In my opinion: Yes and no.

Yes because it is a perfect example of everything that's wrong with anime today. No because despite all its problems, TAW still had the potential to become something greater had it not been written the way it was or taken in the direction the anime did.

So basically, I like this anime for many of the same reasons I like Sailor Moon(the original, not the reboot). And while I'll be the to agree that Sailor Moon(again the original, not the reboot) is a far superior series, I still stand by my point. Like many other anime, The Asterisk War has a great concept but suffers poor execution.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 18, 2016 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
I'm not one to whine but this shit about reading the light novel/source material to find out what happens next is getting old. I sure do hope they make a third season.
Jun 18, 2016 12:27 PM
Jun 2012
Ending type "and now dear watchers if you want know what was next please buy and read light novel" because 3rd season never

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II ended in this same way.
Jun 18, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2015
YESSSS BRAND NEW WORLD AT THE END!!! Each and every episode of the second season I kept thinking about how much I miss the first opening and man when they played it at the end mmm perfect...anyways XD is there gonna be a 3rd season? cuz the cliffhangers were real
Jun 18, 2016 1:03 PM

Oct 2008
They pulled out all the stops for this episode huh. Really enjoyed those smooth action scenes. If only it was like this all season, I might have given it an 8/10.

TBH it just feels like the story was just starting to get good but it's a pity most likely the adaptation ends here. I like the special ED sequence they made to advertise the LN though.
Jun 18, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2012
I wanna know more about Claudia's past and her whole secrecy throughout both seasons, so definitely hoping for another season.

That girl's laugh at the end was annoying and funny at the same time like the old man's lol Seriously, what the hell.

Really enjoyed it and gonna go with a 7/10 though that's mostly cause enjoyment so eh

Jun 18, 2016 1:13 PM

Dec 2010
man this episode was really rushed.
Jun 18, 2016 1:55 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Gonna say that they will do a season 3 at some point.

7/10
Jun 18, 2016 2:11 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm the episodes after the tournament were kinda boring. Or more like... Unnecessary? Should have dragged out the tournament to 12 episodes and used this as the intro to the next arc which it felt like anyway. I guess there is simply not enough material for another season yet?

Looked like the story would be able to produce another season though. I suppose it depends on the sales and how soon there is enough source material. And to be honest the next tournament sounded promising. Battles with bigger teams should be even more fun to watch if they can keep up the quality.

Also. I'm a bit annoyed that we saw Claudia so much stuff looking a bit shady and they didn't reveal what exactly it was or for what reason she was so secretive about it. I really hope for another season so that we find out all these things.
NanashiJun 18, 2016 2:21 PM
Jun 18, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2015
Honestly, I thought the final was great, but damn, too bad it had to end right there. Guess that's source material advertisement for you. I loved the music that played later on. I really hope for a S3. It's obvious this story is far from finished. There's the upcoming Festa, Claudia, and more importantly, Ayato's sister. And I obviously want to see more Sylvia <3.

I enjoyed this season just as much as the first season. 9/10.

Jun 18, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
AlphaUeda said:
What's with the random new ED though

It seems you don't remember (else you haven't watched the previous season) but that's the opening for the first season of Asterisk.
Jun 18, 2016 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
The past of Julis and Orphelia was a simple presentation without much depth, the main part was for the account of the fighting, Ayato was really badass in this episode, almost made it seem an easy fight, and after all solved comes the really important news for Ayato, and the introduction to the next Festa had more prominence than I thought it would have, really made me anxious to see next season, especially the characters that eventually will gain prominence ..
Jun 18, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2015
I think the ending was pretty good. I don't really expect another season though.. Or at least anytime soon
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Jun 18, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
Not bad for a finale. Really interested in Claudia's character now. This was actually not that bad. I'm looking forward to the 3rd season (if any).

caught in the wonder
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

81 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 8, 2022 11:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.