Forum Settings
Forums

Anime for real men only about real men doing manly things (no jojo)

New
Jun 18, 2016 2:33 AM

Apr 2015
here's my list:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Psychedelios

...and no jojo pls

12 - 24 episodes only

make sure it has closure...
PsychedeliosJun 18, 2016 3:35 AM
Jun 18, 2016 3:31 AM

Apr 2014
Check out whatever short anime adaptations that exist for 'Crows' and 'Worst'. The manga are some of my favorites, so the anime must be decent at least. Read them for the full experience.
Jun 18, 2016 3:32 AM

Mar 2014
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21273/
I'm an idiot so if I say anything that's stupid or that annoys you, I'm deeply sorry.
Jun 18, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2015
DarthBob said:
Check out whatever short anime adaptations that exist for 'Crows' and 'Worst'. The manga are some of my favorites, so the anime must be decent at least. Read them for the full experience.

might try that.. thanks

nope.
dat anime is g*y and the cancer to the anime industry
Jun 18, 2016 4:28 AM

Feb 2016
Hardboiled Detective arc from Gintama ep. 85-86 shows the hard side of being a men
Maybe Berserk but it isnt entirely about menly men :D
SpaghettiSpikeJun 18, 2016 4:43 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jun 18, 2016 4:36 AM

Sep 2009

Looks pretty real to me.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 19, 2016 7:32 PM
Apr 2014
... Manly?
You know, Japanese people aren't very manly. They'd rather make animes where girls beat up innocent males all the time than make something actually good.

There are few "manly" animes, but here are the ones I know off:

---
Sakigake Otokojuku - There are literally no females in this anime. There is one instance where a female shows up, and that's at a disco where MC goes to beat up a former boxer world champion (he beats him up manly, and easily)

Like fo real, this show is as manly as it can get. We have super strong males fighting and going through trials of death, none of that gay shit we see in other animes.

Though the anime is shounen, it was made in 1985, an era where shounen was still respectable, before all that gay shounen crap were innocent men gets beaten up by girls 24/7 appeared.
---

Fist of the North Star - Obviously, this anime (150+ episodes) is up there with Sakigake Otokojuku in manliness, and it's there for a reason. This anime is featured in a post apocalyptic world filled with nothing but bandits and evil. MC is a badass guy who kills pretty much anyone who annoys him.

---

Some people might say TTGL, but it's too flashy, and it's not manly at all compared to the manliest animes out there! I'm sure some will recommend it, but ignore it!

It's hard to mention more of the manliest animes, but I do have some incredibly respectable and manly anime main characters in manly enviroments.

Also, I won't mention things like Mugen from Samurai Champloo (though it is one of my favorite animes) due to the reason that I do not find them manly. Badass? Sure, but manly? Not so much. I actually make good recommendations, unlike 99% of people on MAL. Shots fired :O (Same for Berserk. Badass, but not manly.)

Cowboy Bebop, Golgo 13... I give up. These 4 are pretty much the only TRUE manly animes out there.

Of course, there are some more mangas, but you did say anime.
Jun 19, 2016 7:34 PM
Jun 19, 2016 7:35 PM

Jun 2015
Boxing is about real men doing manly things i guess ?

Hajime no Ippo ----- The first season isn't the greatest art wise but if you can get past through it the other seasons improve a lot quality-wise
Hajime no Ippo New Challenger
Hajime no Ippo Rising

More topics from this board

» Ao Haru Ride Rant (Had to get this off my chest) Spoilers!

XGirl86 - 5 hours ago

0 by XGirl86 »»
5 hours ago

» Anime or manga with 'otaku ni yasashii gyaru' type character.

Thanatos1 - Apr 13

4 by DMind »»
Today, 3:23 AM

» recommend me a psychological anime or a timey one

bringerofanan - Apr 13

5 by dugarasu »»
Today, 1:15 AM

» Any recommendations for similar Anime like this?

D_33 - Apr 10

11 by dugarasu »»
Today, 12:53 AM

» Recommend an anime you think the user above you will enjoy based on a non-anime movie/show/video game/book that they like

arinthach - Apr 12

10 by SleepingBear »»
Yesterday, 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.