Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2016
Im looking for an anime with awsm MC- cold, serious and also skilled in fighting with a bit of a unknown/dark past behind him; i don't mind a bit of a romance in the series but I don't want it to be a main plot.

PS: the story and side-character's must be bearable too - if I see a story that has been repeated 100x times over - it's insta turn off for me.

MC's i likes :

Shiba, Tatsuya - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Sora - No Game No Life
Lute, Ryner -Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
Kotomine, Kirei - Fate Zero
Hyakuya, Yuuichirou or Guren from Owari no seraph
Jun 17, 2016 11:09 AM
May 2016
These are the ones i can think off on the top of my head.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fist Of The North Star
Jun 17, 2016 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
Alucard - Hellsing ultimate. he doenst even need to try to dodge enemy attacks... thats how op he is and he is a sadist and badass
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jun 17, 2016 1:58 PM

Jun 2016
Top of my anime list: One Outs
Next on my list: Akagi
Jun 17, 2016 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Looking at what's not on your list:
Cowboy Bebop.
"cold, serious and also skilled in fighting with a bit of a unknown/dark past behind him; i don't mind a bit of a romance in the series but I don't want it to be a main plot." this describes Bebop and the MC perfectly. The rest of the characters are great also.

Bleach
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jun 17, 2016 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
NEETDetective91 said:
Top of my anime list: One Outs

ye i've seen one outs - however it's not like super awsm anime .. it's normal like teacher onizuka or smth - it was repetitive - i dropped after 17 eps :f - held long enough anyway
Jun 17, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2016
TheArchangels said:
Cowboy Bebop.
"cold, serious and also skilled in fighting with a bit of a unknown/dark past behind him; i don't mind a bit of a romance in the series but I don't want it to be a main plot." this describes Bebop and the MC perfectly. The rest of the characters are great also.

Bleach

it has been on my "to watch list" but now that u mentioned it and one of my friend's it's moving to top - ill watch it soon - same with bleach - however i have some drawback regarding it - long/bad quality in the first xxx eps etc. if it will keep me entertained for the first 20 eps ill watch it if na - ill drop it/put on hold like naruto
Jun 17, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2016
Try Terror in Resonance than.
Jun 17, 2016 5:56 PM
Jun 2016
One Outs :)
Major
Though both are baseball animes. Both MC are totally badass
Kazr no Stigma: badass wind mage in a world of fire mages
Jun 17, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2015
Grisaia no Kajitsu is a must if you're trying to watch animes with OP characters. They don't get much more op than Yuuji. It's basically a somewhat more realisitc and darker version of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
Jun 17, 2016 7:19 PM
Jan 2013
You have quite a list, so I really had to think for this, lol.
If I did list something that you have already seen or dropped, sorry about that.

Some of these may not be perfect fits with your description, but they all have badass MC's.

Black Cat- MC is a reformed assassin

Devil May Cry- Half Human/Half Demon demon hunter

Jyu Oh Sei- Hard to explain. The feel I get for this one is that it's pretty hit or miss. I liked it a lot though.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00- saw this was on your plan to watch list. If you're looking for a cold, serious, badass MC with a mysterious past, I'd start here :)

Durarara- A whole cast of badass MC's! Fun and entertaining

Beyond the Boundary- More emotional than action oriented. This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but the MC's are both quite powerful, and it's a really good show.

Trigun- This was also on your plan to watch list. Watch it! It's great!

Laughing Under the Clouds- Definitely fits the description!

Hamatora- MC isn't serious, except when he needs to be. Super badass.

Let me know if any of these helped. In the meantime, I'll keep thinking!
Jun 18, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2013
Captain_Dolphin said:
TheArchangels said:
Cowboy Bebop.

Bleach

it has been on my "to watch list" but now that u mentioned it and one of my friend's it's moving to top - ill watch it soon - same with bleach - however i have some drawback regarding it - long/bad quality in the first xxx eps etc. if it will keep me entertained for the first 20 eps ill watch it if na - ill drop it/put on hold like naruto

Bleach has some fillers, but they're skippable and I advise you to do so. You won't miss anything by skipping them anyway. There are only two filler episodes between the beginning and the end of the Soul Society Arc(probably the best arc) which is great. The initial episodes are good, but the Soul Society arc starting around episode 20 is really great.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jun 19, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2016
Toetato said:
Grisaia no Kajitsu is a must if you're trying to watch animes with OP characters. They don't get much more op than Yuuji. It's basically a somewhat more realisitc and darker version of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

i watched it till 7 th episode - em... first episode was cool but after 6+mins i figured it's a bit of a slow-long show - it was well made- almost like a movie with good camera angles, light etc. but i figured it's a drama like series - dunno why u'r saying he's op badass - i saw him firing 1 shot and fighting 3 guys - that's it, rest is chit-chat talking :f

NEETDetective91 said:
Try Terror in Resonance than.

you mean zankyo no terror - i'v seen it - it's fine, nth special bit sad ending tho

oAnnya said:
One Outs :)
Major
Though both are baseball animes. Both MC are totally badass
Kazr no Stigma: badass wind mage in a world of fire mages

em, i'v seen one outs - i got bored after 20 eps - every single episode - diffrent fight and he always win's with pokerface - meh kinda boring and repeptitive, major haven't seen but now is not the time for me for it

Jaslyon15 said:

Mobile Suit Gundam 00- saw this was on your plan to watch list. If you're looking for a cold, serious, badass MC with a mysterious past, I'd start here :)

is it the first series i should watch from gundam series? i've heard there are 20 +- series of it :o side storries etc.
Captain_DolphinJun 19, 2016 12:11 PM
Jun 19, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2015
Trust me he's op. If you keep watching you'll find out why. The next seasons are alot more action oriented if I remember correctly.
Jun 19, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
one punch man ? maybe? :D
Jun 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2016
y i'v seen it since first ep aimed :P

More topics from this board

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - Apr 19

21 by radrocket »»
3 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

66 by SakuraCosmos »»
3 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 6 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 8 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.