Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion

Jun 19, 2016 7:29 AM

I have a single word to describe this anime:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????

What was that ending? How did they get out? How did they know that Masaki got out when Reiji disappeared? Why do they sing that stupid song? WHY, WHAT, WHO, WHY?????

Jun 19, 2016 7:40 AM

F*ck it...

strong 1.

Jun 19, 2016 7:49 AM

Rushed, boring and absolutely disappointing but what else is new...

Jun 19, 2016 8:00 AM

I'd stopped thinking this had any potential to be decent after the third episode, and yet that ending still managed to surprise me by being absolutely awful and anticlimactic. I'm almost impressed it managed to be so bad despite my already non-existant expectations.

2/10, glad it's over.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.

Jun 19, 2016 8:39 AM
I watch the entire episode thinking it was 13 ep series, when the credit began I started suspecting it was the finale. What a mediocre ending, but at least there was the crazy hippopotamus song

Jun 19, 2016 8:40 AM

I can't say I very much cared how the series ended, since Mayoiga was one big clusterfuck to begin with and didn't really seem to know which show it was trying to be, or gave the false impression that we were going to get something else.

Even the characters were essentially lampshading the plot.

I kept up with it because I wanted to see how bad it could get, because it could be enjoyable to watch it crash and burn (which is a terrible reason, but after a couple episodes, it was already pretty much solidified that it would be horrid). Maybe some better and more prominent comedy could have saved this series, but it's not even one of those "so bad it's good type" anime. It fell into cringe-worthy territory a majority of the time.

Pretty much hated the entire series, save for a couple moments.

Jun 19, 2016 8:41 AM

Honestly kinda liked this lol but the ending...meh. Have seen way worse tho.

Jun 19, 2016 8:56 AM
Aw damn it's finally over :(

When Mayoiga started, I expected another Another but what I got was a very entertaining show where a cast of dimwitted characters tried to overcome their psychological scars.

7/10

Jun 19, 2016 9:15 AM

Finally this shitty anime is over.

Everything fells so rushed, out of place.

3/10 - good graphic at least.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jun 19, 2016 9:26 AM

Good its all finally resolved, no need for a S2
---------My Profile------------

Jun 19, 2016 9:47 AM
Muqta-chan said:
KurugayaTennouji said:

LOL. It's everything else, for the reason why this show is utter garbage. Best comedy of the season, because of how horrible it is, lol.

My gosh this anime is by far, the worse anime I've ever seen.

Hayato was such a trashy character. There was also the Stupid MC, should have just left him there to die. HE WAS TRYING TO KILL YOU, YOU NITWIT. Hayato is a cockblocker. All these characters were horrible and stupid. The creator tries to make us "feel" for the characters, but FYI, you can't "feel" for trashy characters. Flat characters. This show would have been a 10/10 if they killed all the characters off. Just saying.

Whoever thought up of the story of Mayoiga. Please. When you/If you ever make another anime-original, think of characters that AREN'T flat and trash, think of a story where you know how it will be EXECUTED, and stop with the huge cast. Half of episode 1 was wasted on irrelevant characters.

LOL, wait until you see Mayoiga selling less than 1k copies when the DVD's come out.

This show is even worse than Guilty Crown, and that's saying A LOT.

Nothing memorable. It will be the trash of 2016.

Charlotte was even better executed than this trash we call Mayoiga.

I went into this show thinking "Dibs on the best anime of Spring 2016", and I'm coming out of this show saying "This was utter trash".

There's really nothing else to say. Utter trash. Garbage. Horrid. Disgusting. Mayoiga. All the same things. Nothing could fix this train wreck.

I'm laughing at anyone who even rates this episode, or this series in general, higher than a 6/10, when it's utter garbage. Please go watch any other anime, and I can assure you, it'll be better than this trash.

Hayato became trash because of the MC ( I still can't spell his name right) , Masaki is annoying too , the ending wasn't good , many things aren't explained , but this show was ENJOYABLE

Hayato was trash from the start. He could have died, and literally, nobody would care for his death. No one would sob. No one would be mad. Everyone would be satisfied. Masaki is better than Hayato at least.

It's understandable to say Food Wars is enjoyable. It's understandable to say NGNL is enjoyable. It's understandable to say SAO is enjoyable. But Mayoiga ?? Yeah... okay.

Jun 19, 2016 10:06 AM

Really Anti-climatic, so did Mitsumune just accept his Nanki and roll out right there? Lol I figured he'd go back to the Village or something but nope, right onto the bus.

Some of the people staying behind made sense but others didn't. i wish they would have developed Soy latte more just because I liked her design a lot, she was cute.

Lion staying behind sucked because she formed a good relationship with maimai and Nanko, that triple hug at the end was sad.

Overall it's a 4/10 for me.
"So I told her 'Nice try, Granny' and sent her to the back of the line."

~Newman

Summer 2019 Waifus in Profile

Jun 19, 2016 10:35 AM
I don't think anything got resolved for any of the characters outside of the main two + hayato.
And how are they able to leave? Wasn't the whole point they couldn't leave before they deal with their nanakis

Jun 19, 2016 10:46 AM
Plot is actually good, it's just there's too many characters compared to the amount of episodes.

If they had at least 24 episodes they could have explained everything and would have gotten more character development. 7/10 because the plot is not that common nowadays.

Jun 19, 2016 12:00 PM

The ending was alright but could've been better :P I personally would've loved this anime more if they went more into charterer development of more of the characters rather than only a forth of the characters. I liked this anime because, I found the idea of fears and how running away from your fears can impact your life.

Jun 19, 2016 12:05 PM

As if I couldn't have wasted my lifespan any more. This anime did to me what that Alligator did to that child. I regret every second and will now begin questioning my life choices.

Jun 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Best moment of the show:

Jun 19, 2016 12:21 PM

What the heck is wrong with whoever decided to make this show?! I just realized it's original! how the heck does an original story end up rushed! the writer had to write 12 episodes worth of content, but they decided to stuff in over 20 characters and mess everything up!
Seriously the way the characters talk so fast is laughable!
I can't decide which deserves the title "worst show of the season", this or Big Order.

Jun 19, 2016 12:40 PM

Unpopular opinion: I liked the ending. I wish the series had continued so I could see what happened to Koharun and the characters who stayed behind or something. Maybe too many characters for too few episodes so they didn't all get developed, but it wasn't that big of an issue to me considering how the 12 episodes wrapped up.

"Big surprise, a series about psychological healing has a bit of a lame ending," said every edge lord.

Jun 19, 2016 1:05 PM

This anime gonna stay in my heart for a long time. Best meme of the year.
No other anime made me want to know what'll happen next week as hard as mayoiga.
No matter how trash it was, giving a 5 and favorites.

Jun 19, 2016 1:16 PM

Ok, well...
There just too many plot holes in this anime that I don't even know how to express myself in the end.
But yeah, I did not like how it was executed, it was a great idea however: A place where a person's psychological scars would create life and the only way for you to return to the real world would be accepting it.
Great premise, horrible execution. 2/10

Jun 19, 2016 1:35 PM

All I got to say is that I really appreciated how the Koharun x Valkana ship, after being boarded, demasted, burned, scuttled, and wrecked, suddenly set full sail again.

Also: Hayato x Mitsumune OTP!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi

Jun 19, 2016 2:17 PM

Aaaaaahhhhhhh this anime had so much potential, where did it all go wrong is something I'll never know. It would have been better if it had gone as bad as Big Order did. The thing that makes me happiest about this ending, is that I'll never have to watch these idiots scream at everything and make horrible decisions anymore.

As for the actual episode, the old lady, while it is the scariest thing in the anime, and I like that, I absolutely hated its animation. Reiji never being real to begin with was definitely a surprise to me, and the only good one this entire anime. Nanko, Lion, Valkana, The Black Dude and the Bus Driver remain my top five because everybody else sucked. Ultimately, I enjoyed this anime less then the crap fest that was Big Order. At least that was so bad I couldn't stop laughing at it, this was too serious too laugh at, and poorly done as well.

Final score from me. 3/5. This was very bad. How this anime is still holding a 6 is something I will not attempt to understand.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Jun 19, 2016 2:38 PM

DiabloMask said:
What the heck is wrong with whoever decided to make this show?! I just realized it's original! how the heck does an original story end up rushed! the writer had to write 12 episodes worth of content, but they decided to stuff in over 20 characters and mess everything up!
Seriously the way the characters talk so fast is laughable!
I can't decide which deserves the title "worst show of the season", this or Big Order.

Even without all the characters, the main ones still sucked anyway. Big Order is definitely the worse show, but I have never laughed at something as much as I did Big Order because of just how bad it was, so I have to say Mayoiga is the worst one in my opinion since I got the least amount of enjoyment out of it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Jun 19, 2016 2:41 PM

This series was overall kind of lackluster. There were some scenes that made me a little emotional, and it was definitely worth watching, but certainly wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

The scene between Mitsumune, Masaki and Reiji got to me. Been having a lot of lonely days myself lately so it hit especially hard.

Overall this wasn't a bad series. Could've done with some better formatting and a clearer purpose.

I didn't dread it, but I'm definitely ready to move on to the next season.
If you want to hear more of my opinions, my husband and I discuss anime bi-weekly on the Weeb and Tonic podcast, hosted on youtube. I wouldn't consider this advertising, since we don't get paid for it, but we're always looking to discuss further than I can on the forums, so feel free to join us!

Jun 19, 2016 2:45 PM

I spent the last two episodes laughing at the screen. Sweet Jesus, this was horrible.

That is all.

Jun 19, 2016 3:32 PM

Tied with Big Order as the worst anime of this season. What a disappointment.

Jun 19, 2016 3:33 PM
Someone should've really died. There were far too many characters a lot of extra they were that kind of served no purpose.

Weird that everyone went back to trusting Koharu so easily when she planned everything.

Jun 19, 2016 4:19 PM
This guy made the entire anime better. Cutest thing I´ve ever seen!!<3

Jun 19, 2016 4:42 PM

This was a good ending to what I consider to be a very good series. It wasn't completely original, but it had fun characters and was interesting to watch.

It wasn't really what I expected going in (since it's more of a psychological story than a horror one). I get the impression that a lot of people expectations of the series were not met, which I've noticed can leave a bad taste for many people.

Jun 19, 2016 5:31 PM

PowerTearer said:
Jonesy974 said:

- Maimai: Incredibly wasted potential. Was so much potential around the Mitsumune x Maimai ship. Hell that's practically all she ever talked about till the last parts of the show. Yet it never amounted to anything. And probably never will after Mitsumune essentially confessed to Masaki.

It sucks because looking for the progress of this ship is the only reason I still following Mayoiga's wild trainwreck until the end.

It was a little ridiculous how they made that almost the entire focus of Maimai's character in the first half of the show, then completely just disregarded it from there till the end; basically pretending it never even happened. I think they even mentioned her giant Mitsumune just once in the second half as well.

Jun 19, 2016 7:11 PM

This is from the same people that made Another, so I knew not to expect anything particularly good going in. But still, this was just, ugh.

I was actually considering giving this a 6/10 after episode 11 because, despite the obnoxious cast & badly written plot, this show did cause me to laugh multiple times. But after that terrible, rushed, anti-climatic ending I decided to bump it down two points, so overall 4/10.

Side note Mitsumune's new Nanaki was effing adorable. That little thing was seriously the highlight of the whole episode.

Jun 19, 2016 8:04 PM

It was a weird anime with a weird ending, but i still think that every anime teaches us something, and the Mayoiga is no exception.
Sometimes we can't run from our fears, we must face them.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 19, 2016 8:25 PM
that's it? really. the only good of this anime was the ending song! waste of potencial

Jun 19, 2016 8:59 PM

what an ending...speechless

Jun 19, 2016 9:15 PM

So they all stop feeling lethargic, just because the story needed to end? Love-pon did a complete 180 in this episode as well. There was no middle ground for her. KILL! KILL! KILL! Guys I think we should hear him out.

Jun 19, 2016 9:15 PM
Man, this was bad. I laughed so many times during serious moments. I laughed when Misaki cried and ran away from Reiji.

Some of you guys said that it started out good and steadily spiraled down, but it was bad from the get-go to me. The execution was god awful, which is a shame cause the premise is actually interesting.

Glad it's over. 3/10

Jun 19, 2016 9:44 PM

Damn I knew this show was bad but this isn't even a fucking ending. its just shit. fuck you lost village.

Jun 19, 2016 9:47 PM

I personally thought the show was pretty good, maybe it was cause I wasn't really expecting anything from it. Thee only problems I had was the rushed ending and how some of my questions didnt really get answered. 7.5/10 for me

Jun 19, 2016 10:35 PM
ending made me hate Masaki even more. Creepy ass girl couldn't let go of an imaginary (boy)friend. Really?!

Jun 19, 2016 10:40 PM
"Luke, I am your Nanaki".

At last, it's over. Whatever.

Jun 19, 2016 11:43 PM

30 persons.....no one die.......i thought some betrayal or hunting ppl causes ppl die but an happy ending....wow clap hand....clap hand

Jun 20, 2016 1:28 AM

Needs more dead people, 4/10 only cuz OP was catchy...

Jun 20, 2016 1:32 AM
Tbh I think the ending fits with the story but I agree it was rushed. At the end I was like "wait... that is all?" like everyone else.

I'm strongly mad at the fact that the plot didn't explain the past of half of the characters, at least I really wanted to see Nanko's past.

Roughly a 6/10, because at least it kept me entertained (as in, looking forward to every episode) through the whole thing and I still think the plot was interesting and had a lot of potential, so it's sad it didn't entirely work out at the end.

Jun 20, 2016 3:59 AM
An epilogue would be nice, to see if getting over their scars will help them in the real world

Jun 20, 2016 7:04 AM

That's all I'll say.
1/10

Jun 20, 2016 8:00 AM
I swear this anime was written in a "Round-robin story" game. every participant wrote a single episode, with few rules such as keeping the themes and terminologies introduce earlier.

Barion-Zara said:
I'm really surprised no one died lol

one thing surely died, Pii-tan and Manbe relationship.

Jun 20, 2016 8:18 AM

This anime really peaked my interest, it started well and just went a bit blah.

I know they all had these scars etc, but hating every single character isn't a good start. Then the plot..

And the rushed ending. Resolve one person and the rest is like oh well guess I will go home too, but none of them are shown excepting their nanaki.. So how did they leave? Did they do that off screen?

Ah had potential but fell pretty flat. Shame really.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 20, 2016 10:36 AM

What the actual fuck was that bullshit ending? xD Well played cringe village, well fucking played.

Jun 20, 2016 1:01 PM

I FREAKING LOVED THIS ANIME. It's one of those love it or hate it kinds.

I personally thought the whole ride was so enjoyable. Every single story was interesting for me. Though, I was able to "predict" the whole scars situation, I still found it so enjoyable. The thing with this show is that it tries to be "deep." Think of it as when you thought the Pokeball was about to capture the Pokemon but it fails and the end. This is how it is. The first few episodes' mysteries are quite intriguing, but when everything starts to get unveil, it seems a little bit too cheesy. The execution was well done and I don't think there a lot of plot holes, but it is a little cheesy.

The characters are okay for me as well. I thought we were gonna get more information on every single one, but we barely covered half of them. I see no problem in this. The anime itself is focused on about 6 characters only and that made this anime stronger. The other characters were basically just there to give the whole "tour" feeling a "genuine" feeling. That was their point and it got across. The characters that did get spotlight, they are one of the most annoying characters you can get. Honestly, I personally hated Mitsumune and loved Speedstar. Eventually they all became a little likable at the end. Koharun is still my favorite <3

The art style is great in my opinion, but I feel like the cgi ruined the moments. I personally do not mind cgi, but the cgi in this show was just off. I personally disliked it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this anime and might recommend it to others. It's one of those things that not a lot of people will like. I give it a 7/10 but since I like it, 8/10.

Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »